Micro 635 - 09:12 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by shaddowez »

VC 1.2
eagerSnake [L-2]
- Maverick1102, Lycanfire, A Simple Plan
0x40
[L-3] - Ümläüt, GuiltyLion
Ümläüt
[L-3] - BTD6_maker, Accountant
Accountant
[L-4] - 0x40
A Simple Plan
[L-4] - eagerSnake

Not voting:

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2016-08-25 13:30:00)

Mod Notes: Maverick1102 is V/LA until 8/15
Last edited by shaddowez on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V/LA on Weekends
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 39, Accountant wrote:What do you mean "too strong of a meta play"? As opposed to what, a meta-FoS? And definitely it isn't random, his attempt to generate a lead in RVS and push the game out reads as weakly town to me. Yes, it isn't the strongest reasoning, but what do you expect on page 1?
I expect that, at the very least, Snake would focus on the game at hand. Meta can be manipulated; if I'm town, I want to at least assure that I'm not the NK because I value my analysis more late-game than early, and being too obvtown makes me a target. If I'm scum, I want to blend into the town, so as to not draw the lynch. An unaccompanied RVS and a VLA announcement isn't going to be something any player could reasonably meta.
In post 42, GuiltyLion wrote:ASP what's your read on Umlaut? I'm confused as to why you seem to have valid reasons for finding Umlaut's play to be illogical and senseless, but then vote on Snake instead for a reason that reads to me like you invented it yourself.

I don't see the evidence here that "he's making up a reason for his RVS". He didn't explain himself fully, but the reasoning itself may be there.

EagerSnake what is the tell you were referring to?
Umlaut is a very weak scumlean, I'll need to see more. Snake is a stronger lean at this point based upon a ridiculous meta push and the whole idea of saying he has reasons without explaining them. There's no town motivation to hide one's thought process in such a way. "Something scum usually does?"
In post 43, eagerSnake wrote:Basically it has to do with how scum doesn't know how different town groups feel about what is scummy at the beginning of a game so they like to keep their options open and ask questions about what others think is scummy. Maybe play both sides of a discussion, ask things like "who is scum" "what do you think about X" which is basically asking "am I a suspect" or "did I do anything suspicious"
So basically, asking for reads and asking questions is scummy...?
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Pretty sure ASP is scum lol

Umlaut or Maverick for partner (maverick will prob be obvtown if he's town so should be easy)
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

if I'm town, I want to at least assure that I'm not the NK because I value my analysis more late-game than early, and being too obvtown makes me a target.
I don't think any of us real townies are worried about being NKed because their analysis late-game is too valuable. Thats actually really selfish thinking. Only people that should be worried about being NKed would be PRs. Townies can express whatever they need to in the thread and if they get killed great now everything they said is confirmed voice of a townie.

If I were a townie, I'd take the bullet for a PR any day.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Hell, I'd probably take the bullet for another townie as long as they weren't like widely scum read just because I know I'm easy Lynchbait and kinda don't want to survive to endgame because IDK if I'd be able to convince the other townie the other guy is scum and that I'm town or maybe I might make the wrong choice on who I even vote for.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 52, eagerSnake wrote:Pretty sure ASP is scum lol
Pretty sure? Just how sure are you on this? Would you say that it's more likely than not that he's scum?
Also, could you explain your read on him in a bit more detail?
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:53 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

4 questions in 1 post alright

Sure enough for now
For now
Also haven't liked or agreed with anything he had to say yet

Have you?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

VOTE: A Simple Plan
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by Ümläüt »

Lycan, I know why Eager is voting for ASP. Why are you voting for him?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:49 pm

Post by Accountant »

VOTE: ASP

Don't like his push on snake.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:05 pm

Post by Accountant »

Umlaut is a very weak scumlean, I'll need to see more. Snake is a stronger lean at this point based upon a ridiculous meta push and the whole idea of saying he has reasons without explaining them. There's no town motivation to hide one's thought process in such a way. "Something scum usually does?"
You explained why Umlaut's play is senseless, then why Snake's play is senseless, so why is Snake so much stronger of a read than Umlaut?

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:16 am

Post by Ümläüt »

I was probably going to vote ASP once I got Lycan's answer here, but I'm not sure I'm ready for an L-1.

ASP has too much experience on this site to genuinely think that being temporarily cagey about one's reasoning is scum-indicative.
I
have too much experience to think that and I've been here less than a year. Then there's this:
In post 43, eagerSnake wrote:Basically it has to do with how scum doesn't know how different town groups feel about what is scummy at the beginning of a game so they like to keep their options open and ask questions about what others think is scummy. Maybe play both sides of a discussion, ask things like "who is scum" "what do you think about X" which is basically asking "am I a suspect" or "did I do anything suspicious"
This is a blatant misrepresentation of what Eager said and I find it hard to credit that ASP really read his point that way.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:19 am

Post by Accountant »

His entire case on Eager revolved around misreps

Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:06 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 58, Ümläüt wrote:Lycan, I know why Eager is voting for ASP. Why are you voting for him?
can't find anyone outwardly scummy, and that's why i thought scumreading umlaut was too lazy. it's like he's trying too hard to have a read. ASP is way too defensive if he's making replies like these
i wouldn't give a shit if i was town.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:11 am

Post by Accountant »

I feel like ASP comes up with conclusions first then reverse engineers explanations for them tbh

BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:03 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

With respect to ASP, there isn't much to say about him that hasn't already been said. He is currently a weak scumread of mine (stronger than Umlaut). For example, in my opinion his scummiest comment was "So basically, asking for reads and asking questions is scummy...?"

I would vote him but I don't want to put him on L-1 immediately.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 65, BTD6_maker wrote:I would vote him but I don't want to put him on L-1 immediately.
Why? Do you think there's a VI that might quickhammer in this game?
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Well Maverick may shed some light when he comes in tomorrow.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:07 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 66, 0x40 wrote:
In post 65, BTD6_maker wrote:I would vote him but I don't want to put him on L-1 immediately.
Why? Do you think there's a VI that might quickhammer in this game?
Oh man I completely overlooked this, too used to playing in Newbie games where there's guarunteed to be 1 or 2 people per game who might quickhammer

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

This ASP wagon definitely feels too easy, especially with a couple people saying things like "I would vote him but don't want to L-1 yet".

I don't like how 0x40 does a drive by with a mostly useless question and doesn't comment or push on anything else. My vote is now serious.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:19 pm

Post by BTD6_maker »

That was partly it, although another reason was not wanting to immediately L-1 a weak read right out of RVS.

Although I suppose that it's true, quick hammering now is essentially a scum claim. It's probably safe.

VOTE: A Simple Plan

ASP IS AT L-1
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:43 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 69, GuiltyLion wrote:This ASP wagon definitely feels too easy, especially with a couple people saying things like "I would vote him but don't want to L-1 yet".

I don't like how 0x40 does a drive by with a mostly useless question and doesn't comment or push on anything else. My vote is now serious.
you could cash in on the sweet sweet towncred if you hammer right now
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:18 pm

Post by Ümläüt »

Yeah, 0x40 isn't a bad vote. His activity level in this game is significantly lower than usual for him based on a skim of his posting history, and I don't like that he had time to question BTD6's reasonable caution but had nothing to say about ASP or his wagon.

Lion, I feel you about the speed of the ASP wagon, but maybe the points against ASP are just that good (by page 3 standards).
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:07 am

Post by Accountant »

I think that ASP is scum and 0x is his buddy who's unsure of whether to support or bus him

Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:40 am

Post by Ümläüt »

Not sure about that since his question seems tailored to goad BTD into voting ASP.

If ASP is town then a scum 0x40 would want the wagon to go through to a lynch but wouldn't want to be associated with it.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”