Micro 635 - 09:12 (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:49 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 72, Ümläüt wrote: Lion, I feel you about the speed of the ASP wagon, but maybe the points against ASP are just that good (by page 3 standards).
I agree that the points are good and I'm not particularly scumreading anyone who has voted the wagon. However there's no rush here and I'd like to push around some other areas for completeness

Also ASP has been mislynched in a few games I've played with him before, once on D1, so I personally have seen precedent for him as town making himself an easy target.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:58 am

Post by Ümläüt »

Do you have links to those games, Lion? I'd be interested to see if the manner in which he gets himself mislynched is the same way he's playing here.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:30 am

Post by shaddowez »

VC 1.3
A Simple Plan [L-1]
- eagerSnake, Lycanfire, Accountant, BTD6_maker
eagerSnake
[L-3] - Maverick1102, A Simple Plan
0x40
[L-3] - Ümläüt, GuiltyLion
Accountant
[L-4] - 0x40

Not voting:

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2016-08-25 13:30:00)

Mod Notes: Maverick1102 is V/LA until 8/15
V/LA on Weekends
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:42 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

@Umlaut - sure, here's the two I had in mind

Micro 533 - the game where he was the D1 mislynch

Micro 559 - so I actually
misremembered
this one (but linking it anyway since it's a game that I was thinking of), we actually didn't wind up lynching ASP but he was still at L-1 on D2 and very nearly lynched (instead Kaboose hammered a different townie). I was pretty convinced he was scum at the time.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:22 am

Post by Ümläüt »

Just looked at 559, and in that one the evidence there was largely associational (he was the only living player not on a wagon that hit scum). On D1 a few people were on his case for not saying much, but no one was really heavily scumreading him that I saw skimming through. So I'm not sure I can take much from that.

I'll look at 533 in a bit.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:31 am

Post by Accountant »

GuiltyLion: If we agreed to drop the wagon on ASP, then I would be voting only those who were on his wagon(as weird as that sounds, seeing as I'm on it). That's because the only argument put forth so far for dropping the ASP wagon revolves around how easy he is to mislynch as town and how fast his wagon moved. Keeping those points in mind, if I accepted that ASP is town and shouldn't be lynched, then I would definitely think there's at least one mafia on his wagon.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:56 am

Post by eagerSnake »

What has ASP done to give him town points and not be the lynch
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:05 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm not advocating dropping the wagon or making a case for ASP being town.

I'm trying to do things that will be useful later in case he does flip town. Also I find 0x40 scummy setting aside anything ASP related.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:14 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 80, Accountant wrote:GuiltyLion: If we agreed to drop the wagon on ASP, then I would be voting only those who were on his wagon(as weird as that sounds, seeing as I'm on it). That's because the only argument put forth so far for dropping the ASP wagon revolves around how easy he is to mislynch as town and how fast his wagon moved. Keeping those points in mind, if I accepted that ASP is town and shouldn't be lynched, then I would definitely think there's at least one mafia on his wagon.
also thinking more, I'm not really sure what the point of this post is. You're talking about what you would do in a hypothetical world that doesn't currently exist.

If ASP is town, you've written yourself a script to start pushing on people (possibly townies) who were on his wagon. If ASP is scum, why would we care about this reasoning?

I feel like I could see the town function of this post if it was made on D2 after a town!ASP flip, but writing it out at this stage feels pre-emptive. Are you trying to shape the way I read the game or something?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:03 am

Post by Accountant »

Well you seem to be trying to push me off an ASP wagon but also said you're not scumreading anyonr who has voted the wagon in #75, I was explaining why those two things can't come together

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:34 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I didn't intend to push people off the ASP wagon, I was more just vocalizing my current thought on it when I said it feels "too easy". I'm surprised my comment has drawn this much attention.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:57 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Why are you surprised by that
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Well it seems like the tone of the game is shifting from "let's wagon ASP" to "ASP is scum".

I am fine with operating under the former, but responses to my original post seem to be operating under the latter. I'm not saying don't vote ASP or that scum is pushing ASP, but let's not just give everyone else a pass this early into the game.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:44 am

Post by eagerSnake »

I'm not.

GuiltyLion and Accountant have moved into my town block.

0x40 had moved into my scum block

Umlaut and Maverick are still in my scum block.

ASP is still my vote.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 85, GuiltyLion wrote:I didn't intend to push people off the ASP wagon, I was more just vocalizing my current thought on it when I said it feels "too easy". I'm surprised my comment has drawn this much attention.
I interpreted it as you trying to push people off ASP because easy wagons are usually on town

0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 72, Ümläüt wrote:His activity level in this game is significantly lower than usual for him based on a skim of his posting history
I have 2 other games on this site, both of which I replaced into in the early/mid d1, when stuff were already happening. I haven't said as much in this game because there's not as much going on at this point in the game.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 90, 0x40 wrote:
In post 72, Ümläüt wrote:His activity level in this game is significantly lower than usual for him based on a skim of his posting history
I have 2 other games on this site, both of which I replaced into in the early/mid d1, when stuff were already happening. I haven't said as much in this game because there's not as much going on at this point in the game.
Did you uh miss the part where ASP got L-1ed on like page 3

eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Well how's anything going to be going on if everyone has that attitude
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 91, Accountant wrote:Did you uh miss the part where ASP got L-1ed on like page 3
I didn't. I want to see how A Simple Plan responds to it, but other than that I don't think the wagon is all that important. You seem to disagree, so could you explain why this wagon is such a big deal?
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by Ümläüt »

Lion, I looked at 633. It's kind of hard to be unbiased knowing in advance ASP is town in that game, but I can make a few observations at least:
  • He had all of nine posts in twenty pages (citing outside commitments) and several voters cited his lack of contribution as the reason for voting.
  • He also got heat for his PR soft ("I think this game is multiball"); I've at least read somewhere that suggesting multiball with insufficient evidence is frequently viewed as scummy.
  • It took waaaay longer for his wagon to get up to L-1 and there were quite a few others before his, making it seem like he was more of a compromise lynch than anything.
  • He actually got quickhammered almost immediately upon reaching L-1 despite the soft.
This doesn't seem directly relevant to what's going on here. I suppose it's possible ASP has a generally scummy-looking style that contributed to those mislynches (like I said, it's hard to look at that objectively knowing his flip in those games), but nothing I've seen makes me think that's a big factor in his current wagon.

(I was going to make some sort of conclusion here but I don't think I actually disagree with you on anything actionable. The wagon is good, it's too early to settle on a lynch, let's keep looking at other wagons.)
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:55 pm

Post by Accountant »

Okay, let me put it this way. ASP is at L-1 on page 3.

That means within 75 posts, nearly half the game wants to see his head roll. I think that's definitely something very interesting going on. Why don't you think it's important, given that we're one vote away from straight up ending the day?

A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

Reading up now. Moment, please.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Maybe being at L-1 will encourage you to post. VOTE: A Simple Plan
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 97, Lycanfire wrote:Maybe being at L-1 will encourage you to post. VOTE: A Simple Plan
you're already voting him lmao

@ASP how long does it take to read 4 pages

A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

In post 60, Accountant wrote:
Umlaut is a very weak scumlean, I'll need to see more. Snake is a stronger lean at this point based upon a ridiculous meta push and the whole idea of saying he has reasons without explaining them. There's no town motivation to hide one's thought process in such a way. "Something scum usually does?"
You explained why Umlaut's play is senseless, then why Snake's play is senseless, so why is Snake so much stronger of a read than Umlaut?
Basically what it all boils down to is that Snake acts like he's trying to appear newbtown with things like where he talks about a tell that he "can't fully explain without a bit of effort" (as a way of refusing to do so until further questioned only to offer , which is ridiculous, at least in how I interpreted it. I worded my understanding of it poorly (see explanation below) but it makes no sense to me.
In post 61, Ümläüt wrote:ASP has too much experience on this site to genuinely think that being temporarily cagey about one's reasoning is scum-indicative.
I
have too much experience to think that and I've been here less than a year. Then there's this:
In post 43, eagerSnake wrote:Basically it has to do with how scum doesn't know how different town groups feel about what is scummy at the beginning of a game so they like to keep their options open and ask questions about what others think is scummy. Maybe play both sides of a discussion, ask things like "who is scum" "what do you think about X" which is basically asking "am I a suspect" or "did I do anything suspicious"
So basically, asking for reads and asking questions is scummy...?
This is a blatant misrepresentation of what Eager said and I find it hard to credit that ASP really read his point that way.
Experience is in no way alignment indicative. Hiding reasoning behind one's actions is at its basis scummy.

Allow me to rephrase that a bit. Basically what Eager is suggesting that it's suspicious to interrogate about the goings-on of a game, implying in that statement that in doing so the player is forfeiting opinions of their own and/or acting for a purpose other than figuring out how the questioned player thinks/trying to read them. I interpreted it as him saying that it's suspicious to try to figure out the other players' motives and thought processes, which is at its simplest complete bs, and in a more elaborate way, a process by which Eager can push anyone for anything. For example, 0x40's is therefore scummy because he's trying to figure out why L-1 at this stage of the game is a problem.

Re : I've got several questions being thrown my way that I'm trying to get to while also dealing with a situation AFK, so... Not immediately, apparently.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”