Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

I'm going to take some time away from posting this thread to cool down unless the thread goes crazy.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by Creature »

Really want to policy lynch Obi-Wan Kenobi.

If you reveal as innocent child, they'll believe it's a mod lie.

If you flip town, they'll believe you're tailored.

And anyone you think is scum is automatically town for them.
Sigh
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:39 pm

Post by Not Chara »

...what on earth are you talking about?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by Creature »

They're being a nuisance to town and I'd rather kill one town member than many.
Sigh
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 1851, Creature wrote:Really want to policy lynch Obi-Wan Kenobi.

If you reveal as innocent child, they'll believe it's a mod lie.

If you flip town, they'll believe you're tailored.

And anyone you think is scum is automatically town for them.
Nah.
I just get nice and drunk and it help.
Take a puff of something and laugh my ass off.

(Wish I could at least.)
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by Skybird »

My gut read on RR is town right now. I haven't ISO'ed them yet so that read could change.

I have ISO'ed DGB. There's pretty much nothing there. Her reason for voting RR is because she liked Grapes' reasoning. I'm willing to lynch DGB today.
In post 1847, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1585, Skybird wrote:Sir Cakez, can you explain your town read on NC? Or point me to the post where you explained it? What do you think about NC outing Grapes' role?

p-edit: I'll be back this evening. :P
I have been over this more then once, please read my ISO. Currently I'm townreading her because her reaction to being pushed looked town and Titus is pushing her, and I know Titus doesn't like bussing.
That's it? You are town reading her because her post makes you feel like you feel when you get mislynched as town? (post 1582) She also voted you in that post you liked. Did that have anything to do with your town read?
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1849, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote: For shits and giggles, try answering as if I'm town for a change, because you'll have to soon enough.
Even if you're somehow town it's still misrep
Like when you said I was faking my reads in college mafia, like I mentioned earlier
In post 1855, Skybird wrote: That's it? You are town reading her because her post makes you feel like you feel when you get mislynched as town? (post 1582) She also voted you in that post you liked. Did that have anything to do with your town read?
Yes, and her early posting felt like newbtown
Her voting me had nothing to do with my townread on her
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Creature is def town
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1697, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:I'd be more concerned as to why you didn't just put all your top townreads in.
This was NOT my read list at the time. I had to trigger the event in the prequel phase with a stress level of +1 or higher.

I considered both you and Mastina. Mastina said she had a negative utility that may hurt her allies,so I dropped her. You're in a hydra with beeboy, and quite frankly I didn't trust him to keep his mouth shut if he got pressured enough, excited enough or driven angry enough.

Next up I had to pick my top town read at the time: Firebringer. Then another 'slight' town read of mine (at the time) was farside who was getting global town reads including from you and Mastina, so I added her.

SirCakez was my 3rd pick due to the fact he had proposed to ally with me, and I took that to be a townie sign because of (previously explained), and then I checked Not Chara's read list, found CooLDoG on the top, and figured if NC was scum she would not put her scum buddy at the top of the list (besides I also had a slight town read on him, but you know I don't trust my early 'slight' reads anyway).

So that's how I ended up picking them 4

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1698, Foxbird wrote:Why are you townreading Xk?
In short, meta reasons. I find him more likely to be town with this play.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1699, Creature wrote:lol Almost50, that list sucks
I get that a lot, especially on D1 (which is part of why I rarely ever provide read lists, but I'm trying to change that for the second game running). :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1700, Creature wrote:How Foxbird and Skybird are town?
I would rather not talk about these two for now until they've decided to grace us with more of their wisdom.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:25 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1704, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Wagon of 6, contains 3 scumreads...
Let's just get McMenno to L-3 before we unvote him. I have seen it before (not in a Varsoon game though) that someone needed a certain amount of votes to get confirmed. )If I remember right, it was Frozen in an offsite game, and she needed to be voted by more than half the votes needed for a lynch to confirm her IC status). I simply want to know if this is the case (since McMenno asked to be voted) and if so then what exactly he gains from it.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1717, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Almost50, your current vote makes me cry. Like tears coming down my face.

Can you vote NC again?
I explained it when I voted, and have just restated my reason with more details. My vote is still on NC in spirit, and if not enough votes come McMenno's way before I logout I will switch back anyway.

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 1862, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1704, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Wagon of 6, contains 3 scumreads...
Let's just get McMenno to L-3 before we unvote him. I have seen it before (not in a Varsoon game though) that someone needed a certain amount of votes to get confirmed. )If I remember right, it was Frozen in an offsite game, and she needed to be voted by more than half the votes needed for a lynch to confirm her IC status). I simply want to know if this is the case (since McMenno asked to be voted) and if so then what exactly he gains from it.
McMenno specifically said he did not get anything from.being voted. He could be lying, I suppose, but it still seems sorta dumb to pile votes on him for any reason other than believing he's scum.

Which is something I'll look into when I get home from dancing, because dancing with petty girls>mafia. I don't actually understand any of the McMenno defenses OR suspicions, so yeah. Gotta read that iso and figure out why you're all even bothering to talk about him.

DGB: Do you ever do anything in games you play in? I've seen you as scum once and town once and both times you might as well have been an empty slot.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Also, A50 claiming his event reminds me of something: generally speaking, I don't think people should claim responsibility for their events. By doing so, you're informing scum by letting them know that slots x/y/z do not have additional powers to utilize.

It's a minor point, probably, but it's still not really a good idea.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1723, mastin2 wrote:SirCakez is scum. Reasonably Rational is also scum. They are the two guaranteed-scum players that if lynched would give us the most information. And by your logic...they're off-limits today.
How's RR off limits by MY logic? RR is not part of Joy Ride!!

grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by grapes »

That just gave me an idea, almost.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by grapes »

Would there be a way to get me into an alliance with the entire scumpool?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1724, Killthestory wrote:Okay I'm fucking done with this childish bullshit. Honestly, I could care less about the game or anything because it's so annoying.

Firebringer and Yume, you two
shut the fuck up. No one wants to hear you bicker, and its so childish and demeaning to the both of you. S t o p.

Not even in this thread, all threads. I'm probably beating a dead horse, but Jesus Christ the only thing I hate in Mafia is when people talk shit about others for out of game reasons. I play this game for fun, not to be an asshole
*Sigh*

I've been waiting for THIS kind of content from KTS to confirm he's town!! :lol:

Moving you up to top tier. :lol: :lol: :P

Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i didn't have time to do the reading i wanted to do today.
good night for now, everyone.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 1847, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1587, grapes wrote:I asked him what his reads were and he threw a bunch of naked ones at me.
I told him I'd look into his obi push, realized his iso was a labryth and asked him to summarize why he they were scum in a few sentences.
He drops an entire case in there with bulletpoints.

And at that point. Between all the "can't wait to talk tonight" and "ill be around for a while" stuff.

It just wasn't a good vibe.

Asked him if he'd be willing to claim. He was townreading me but it was hard to get a sense of how strong.
Said he doesn't trust me. That's fine.

But of the questions I asked. My questions about obi seemed to illicit the most reaction. Which makes sense being his top scumread.
Titus towned up a fuck of a lot from day start and that was one of the things I noticed so figured I'd ask about it.
And I remember not resonating with his push at all. Like the things he was bringing up felt more like small forgivable slight inconsistancies that I'd make pushes for as scum. Particularly people like titus who isn't always easy to understand anyway.

My judgment call was. Yes, this push is omgus and malicious and not genuine. At that point I disengaged from the hood and put full focus in the thread on pushing my scumreads.

Later he says "you know for someone who claims to sort in hoods you sure aren't sorting me"

This is posturing.

Later finally he brings up that he didn't gain any alliance bonuses and asked me if it could have anything to do with me.

Before I can respond, he votes me in thread for concluding that my role is more likely to be a scum role.

So where from day start until then did the realization happen that he didn't get alliance bonuses because of me?

When it was the most convenient for him.
Ok having read through this and NC's view of it, to me it just sounds like you two both developed scumreads on each other at around the same time and are now both being biased about what happened in the hood. Both of your claims of the events in the hood are the same, just with different spins on it.
I think it's highly likely this is a T v T.
This is why cakes is scum ftr.

He's quick to write this off as tvt without giving a deeper understanding of what exactly is going on here and our takes on what happened in the hood aren't very similar at all. They're different because what chara said went down isn't what went down because its scum.

In other words.

His logic is "okay these two guys both developed opportunistic scumreads on each other out of nowhere and are both twisting what was said in a hood to make the other person look bad. Feels town on town."

One, my scumread devolved on chara far earlier. Two, that doesn't make any sense.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by grapes »

developed*
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

Will respond to actual game content later

Who wants to play @midnight? Need 3 volunteers. It's a comedy game.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Not Chara »

what? i didn't misrepresent anything that happened in the hood. i didn't record everything from the end, but i got lazy. if anyone had wanted more, i would have given more.
and if you'd lied about the hood i would have said something, but you didn't. the accounts match but focus on different things.

i've been skimming and rethinking all day, and i've decided just now that i would like to talk about it a bit.
grapes might not be scum. if Cakez is scum, grapes is town. and Cakez called our argument TvT because he knew that's what it was. would also be the reason for his defense of me, when otherwise i'm an incredibly safe wagon for scum to choose.

if Cakez is town, grapes is still the best choice for scum on my wagon. i wanted to reread today to reevaluate these two, but didn't get the chance. i'll do that as soon as i can.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”