Newbie 1747 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:22 am

Post by Hermie »

Creeps is acting unnatural. Currently rb is far more suspicious tho..
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:28 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 125, Hermie wrote:Creeps is acting unnatural. Currently rb is far more suspicious tho..
Hermie remember the latest game we played? The most unusual was town and the least was maf
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:50 am

Post by Hermie »

That is true... I will keep my eyes on you tho... Why no vote yet?? Can't find a suspicious player in 6 pages?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

So you're just saying things you don't understand/believe for the sake of conversation?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

^^^
@Creep
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:17 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 128, Thor665 wrote:So you're just saying things you don't understand/believe for the sake of conversation?
Yup. I do that a lot
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 1.2

rb (2):
Thor665, Hermie
Hermie (2):
MisaTange, rb
Aelin (1):
PenguinPower

No Vote (4):
Aelin, Creeps20, persephone325, sinkongoreng

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Tuesday, October 25, at 4:00 PM CST, which is in (expired on 2016-10-25 16:00:00).
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:22 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 130, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 128, Thor665 wrote:So you're just saying things you don't understand/believe for the sake of conversation?
Yup. I do that a lot
Why do you think it helps town to occlude your honest opinions?
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:25 am

Post by MisaTange »

Thor665 wrote: There is literally nothing in her iso other than evidence she is a new player.
How do you justify getting a town read from that?
I think it's either 1. me badly rationalizing a town gutread or 2. feeling that persephone's overly cautious nature is newbtown

btw, I'm understanding the reasons on Hermie's fos on rb. rb's not giving reasons why he's townreading people. he's giving topic sentences, but not support sentences, in essence, and on posts he DOES give reasons on, it's only in response to posts he's been accused of.

Hermie, what's your stance/reads as of now? Note that townreads doesn't necessarily mean "confirmed town" (in my previous game, I early-townread a person that ended up being scum, and I admitted I was wrong in the early stages of day 2). Who's been giving off townvibes? Who's been giving off scumvibes? It's okay to have nullreads btw, and it's okay to scumread the most protown people.

P-Edit: Also, Hermie, creeps: What tone do you think newbscum/newbtown will come off as? "Unusual" or "natural"? Are your latest games even a good comparison to this environment? (with a very very small town, newbies-majority with a couple of people who've played games on the same site before, and one that's supposed to be teaching the newbies)
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:27 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 132, Thor665 wrote:
Yup. I do that a lot
At this point anyone is a suspect. I always hate D1. For all we know we could have you and hermie as maf. Or aelin and me ect. We only have scum hunting at this point. No votes to go off or anything. We have a lack of information. Anyways my honest opinion is basically not to lynch D1. When I do I always hit jailor or doc.
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:31 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 133, MisaTange wrote:
Thor665 wrote: There is literally nothing in her iso other than evidence she is a new player.
I think it's either 1. me badly rationalizing a town gutread or 2. feeling that persephone's overly cautious nature is newbtown

btw, I'm understanding the reasons on Her
mie's fos on rb. rb's not giving reasons why he's townreading people. he's giving topic sentences, but not support sentences, in essence, and on posts he DOES give reasons on, it's only in response to posts he's been accused of.

Hermie, what's your stance/reads as of now? Note that townreads doesn't necessarily mean "confirmed town" (in my previous game, I early-townread a person that ended up being scum, and I admitted I was wrong in the early stages of day 2). Who's been giving off townvibes? Who's been giving off scumvibes? It's okay to have nullreads btw, and it's okay to scumread the most protown people.

P-Edit: Also, Hermie, creeps: What tone do you think newbscum/newbtown will come off as? "Unusual" or "natural"? Are your latest games even a good comparison to this environment? (with a very very small town, newbies-majority with a couple of people who've played games on the same site before, and one that's supposed to be teaching the newbies)
I actually have good comparison! It really depends on the personality of the player. Some players intentionally make themselves look scummy when they are a doc to save them from the deaths at night. One thing is for certain. Only 4 days worth of lynching. And this is never good I can tell you
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:43 am

Post by MisaTange »

That's a good point, but...

I have this odd, odd feeling that Creeps (assuming he is scum) will be like "oh! but im a pr trying to act scummy to avoid being nightkilled!". or use that to defend his scumpartner, but that's probably just me being paranoid.
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:44 am

Post by Hermie »

In post 133, MisaTange wrote:

btw, I'm understanding the reasons on Hermie's fos on rb. rb's not giving reasons why he's townreading people. he's giving topic sentences, but not support sentences, in essence, and on posts he DOES give reasons on, it's only in response to posts he's been accused of.

I would say Thor is likely town... If he is scum he is giving unnecessary weight to a day 1 Lynch of scum...(at this point I am certain rb is scum so I will just write this post from that pov) and day 1 bussing is a very bad idea for scum

Creeps I would say is suspicious... He is not acting naturally scum or town... I don't know where to put him but I would leave it as suspicious

Aelin and Persephone are refusing to answer questions... Scummy but they both appear to be fairly noobish... I will leave them at null I guess

Mistange I originally thought was kinda scummy but most of my reasoning was OMGUS... I need to see more to guess... I'd leave that at null..
Penguin power I would have called town earlier but he isn't very active lately..... Null to slightly suspicious

And I request a prod of sinkongoreng

Rb is scum
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:56 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 136, MisaTange wrote:That's a good point, but...

I have this odd, odd feeling that Creeps (assuming he is scum) will be like "oh! but im a pr trying to act scummy to avoid being nightkilled!". or use that to defend his scumpartner, but that's probably just me being paranoid.
I shouldn't have said that. Now scum are going to be using it too get out of scumville
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:00 am

Post by MisaTange »

Hmm, okay.

VOTE: Aelin

I want to see more from her. Start accusing, point out flaws. Give yourself 30 minutes/an hour to read the six pages and point out flaws in reasoning. Who do you disagree with? Why? Who do you agree with? Why? This applies to persephone as well (gut reads only last so long), and sink (assuming he comes on) too. Not posting is antitown. We can't be overly dependent on our PRs and expect them to do all of our work for us.

P-Edit: You're still null, and now I've pointed it out, assuming that defense is used, people here will notice it more and call them out. Pointing out that defense will probably prevent that defense from being used... probably.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 134, Creeps20 wrote:
Yup. I do that a lot
At this point anyone is a suspect. I always hate D1. For all we know we could have you and hermie as maf. Or aelin and me ect. We only have scum hunting at this point. No votes to go off or anything. We have a lack of information.
Anyways my honest opinion is basically not to lynch D1. When I do I always hit jailor or doc.
The bolded is not an answer to the question, though I agree with it.
The italics are *also* not an answer to the question, and I disagree with them.
The question I put in Blue to help you find it.
Could you answer the question?
In post 137, Hermie wrote:And I request a prod of sinkongoreng
Requests to the mod should be put in bold to help them notice it, and usually prefacing with @Mod is a good idea also.
Currently we still have about four and a half hours until he hits prod range per the mods posted rules.
In post 138, Creeps20 wrote:I shouldn't have said that. Now scum are going to be using it too get out of scumville
I didn't think you believed it, and I already indicated that I didn't either.
Who is going to try to use something no one believes in to justify scummy play?
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:13 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 140, Thor665 wrote:
Yup. I do that a lot
At this point anyone is a suspect. I always hate D1. For all we know we could have you and hermie as maf. Or aelin and me ect. We only have scum hunting at this point. No votes to go off or anything. We have a lack of information.
Anyways my honest opinion is basically not to lynch D1. When I do I always hit jailor or doc.
Requests to the mod should be put in bold to help them notice it, and usually prefacing with @Mod is a good idea also.
Currently we still have about four and a half hours until he hits prod range per the mods posted rules.
In post 138, Creeps20 wrote:I shouldn't have said that. Now scum are going to be using it too get out of scumville
I do believe it. I have done it as jailer, Vigilante ect.

What does occlude mean?
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:13 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 140, Thor665 wrote:
Yup. I do that a lot
I do believe it. I have done it as jailer, Vigilante ect.

What does occlude mean?
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:14 am

Post by MisaTange »

Google says: stop, close up, or obstruct (an opening, orifice, or passage). @Creeps :P
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:16 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 143, MisaTange wrote:Google says: stop, close up, or obstruct (an opening, orifice, or passage). @Creeps :P
God damm stupid Google thingies!

So it means that then? Okay let me try to answer that question.

And STUPID DOUBLE POSTING
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:20 am

Post by Creeps20 »

Yup. I do that a lot
Most of the time they are wrong. There has been cases where I have lynched power roles due to my opinion being valued too strongly. I actually have a game on a different forum starting soon. I will be able to have much more useful opinions soon.
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:31 am

Post by MisaTange »

I'm thinking...

Creeps, what are your reads atm?
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Creeps20 »

1)
Aelin
Inactive but new. Null at the moment
2)
Creeps20
Town
3)
Hermie
Leaning on town
4)
MisaTange
Feels like he is trying to help but is he
Too
protown?
5)
PenguinPower
[SE] Haven't seen much of him.
6)
persephone325
Same as alein
7)
rb
[SE] Scummy to say the least
8)
sinkongoreng
Inactive
9)
Thor665
[IC] No clear read. Nul

Here ya go
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:46 am

Post by Hermie »

I reaaally wonder about creeps... He is not voting even tho if he believes his reads list he has enough of a reason too.. As I have said this is not his normal play but I feel like a scum creeps would be in the thick of this.. accusing everyone.. but if he is town he is fairly useless at the moment. I list him as a likely scum I guess. I would like more content from him... If he doesn't pipe up soon I would really lean towards scum but rb is still far more suspicious in my opinion
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Hermie »

I do know his highly active scum tactic has failed him. Possibly he is trying to play it down... I just don't know at this point..

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”