Newbie 1747 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 148, Hermie wrote:I reaaally wonder about creeps... He is not voting even tho if he believes his reads list he has enough of a reason too.. As I have said this is not his normal play but I feel like a scum creeps would be in the thick of this.. accusing everyone.. but if he is town he is fairly useless at the moment. I list him as a likely scum I guess. I would like more content from him... If he doesn't pipe up soon I would really lean towards scum but rb is still far more suspicious in my opinion
Well can't afford a mislynch. If we must mislynch do it today. But we need full on scum hunting in order to preform such a task. No instant "oh you are scum" play yet.
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:59 am

Post by MisaTange »

Ah, whatever.

What I'm thinking is that I'm not sure Creeps's response is an excuse to not post his opinions or a genuinely 'this is what happened when we did that in a previous game and I'm not doing that again'.

P-Edit: We are able to find associatives via ML, if we NL today it'll be 6v2, and two days from now we'll be in awkward MyLo. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't understand why you want to nl, even considering the probability of lynching a PR.
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Hermie »

Anyway I don't think rb will be a mislynch if we were on the sc forums he would be hammered by now
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Hermie »

In post 116, rb wrote:This post came to you from 1am poop run, please excuse the grammar and spelling of my phone ragepost.

According to this post it is 7 or 8 am @ where ever rb is located...

We should be hearing more from him in a few hours I would guess
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:10 am

Post by MisaTange »

We have a little under 12 days. I would've understood the eagerness to lynch if it was near deadline, but it's not. It's also good to wait until he posts to 1. Defend himself (whether the defense is townie or not) 2. Find associative reads. 3. If we need to, use unvotes if he claims a PR.
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Creeps20 »

Since we have no questions to answer and everything we can has been brought up i thought I would mention that in my first ever game I was accused of playing here. Well yeah that is self explanatory
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:57 am

Post by rb »

In post 118, Hermie wrote:I am at work and will respond more at break time... First off tho... I AM NOT THROWING SHADE. I worry that that is the conclusion you got... I am out and out accusing you of being a mafia... Throwing shade is suggesting someone might be mafia... I am accusing you of being mafia...

Secondly can you please explain to me why town should suddenly decide the "town rea"d someone? It is never for for towns best interest to take someone as confirmed town unless there is proof to back it up with... Some mafia players are masters of bullshit and will appear very townie...why write someone off as townie based on the tone of 3 posts??????????????
I've picked entire scumteams just by finding who is town and what the most unlikely scumteams are. The players left are the likely scum and scumteams.

This is something many good town players will do because finding 3-4 town in a 9 player game means you're closer to finding scum. Endless paranoia isn't how you win as town. Finding town and co-operating with town is one of the strongest ways to play.

Knowing how to find town means you spend less time attacking your allies and more time pressuring scum. Don't lecture me on the "masters of bullshit" - I'm a good player, Iynch and find many scum and yes I frequently get earlygame townreads based on a small number of posts. Just like you've been saying I'm scum since page 1 - in fact this is almost worse because thinking you could catch me if I was scum that early is laughable.

Whether you like it or not, there are two possibilities right now.

1. You're town and not good enough to understand how much better of a town player I am than you.
2. You're scum and doing lazy tunneling.

You are contributing absolutely nothing of value. If you are town, stop it.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:58 am

Post by rb »

In post 133, MisaTange wrote:
Thor665 wrote: There is literally nothing in her iso other than evidence she is a new player.
How do you justify getting a town read from that?
I think it's either 1. me badly rationalizing a town gutread or 2. feeling that persephone's overly cautious nature is newbtown

btw, I'm understanding the reasons on Hermie's fos on rb. rb's not giving reasons why he's townreading people. he's giving topic sentences, but not support sentences, in essence, and on posts he DOES give reasons on, it's only in response to posts he's been accused of.

Hermie, what's your stance/reads as of now? Note that townreads doesn't necessarily mean "confirmed town" (in my previous game, I early-townread a person that ended up being scum, and I admitted I was wrong in the early stages of day 2). Who's been giving off townvibes? Who's been giving off scumvibes? It's okay to have nullreads btw, and it's okay to scumread the most protown people.

P-Edit: Also, Hermie, creeps: What tone do you think newbscum/newbtown will come off as? "Unusual" or "natural"? Are your latest games even a good comparison to this environment? (with a very very small town, newbies-majority with a couple of people who've played games on the same site before, and one that's supposed to be teaching the newbies)
Giving reasons for townreads this early is incredibly stupid.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:01 am

Post by rb »

In post 152, Hermie wrote:Anyway I don't think rb will be a mislynch if we were on the sc forums he would be hammered by now
Must be a lot of shit players there then.
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:30 am

Post by Hermie »

Many logics.
Very contributions.
Much good post.
Extra town.
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:37 am

Post by Hermie »

(sarcasm)

Seriously if you are that good why haven't you done a thing yet? All you have done is voted against me .. really that is the only thing you have contributed is the opinion that I am scum...

If this is your fabled wonderful town play and I would never catch you this soon as mafia then I think you would actually do the town more good as mafia.

As to your last post . I can't facepalm hard enough that was unnecessary un asked for and inapplicable to this game.. The quality of the players on the sc forums matters not one iota...

As to if I am contributing there is two things... Logical fallacy of attacking the man.. Also the fact that I have been posting my honest opinion on the game nearly constantly while you have posted shit defenses and never really done us any good.

As a side note I am not saying my opinion is valid but I am saying I posted to the best of my knowledge the current state of the game..
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:53 am

Post by Hermie »

In post 157, rb wrote:
In post 133, MisaTange wrote:
Thor665 wrote: There is literally nothing in her iso other than evidence she is a new player.
How do you justify getting a town read from that?
I think it's either 1. me badly rationalizing a town gutread or 2. feeling that persephone's overly cautious nature is newbtown

btw, I'm understanding the reasons on Hermie's fos on rb. rb's not giving reasons why he's townreading people. he's giving topic sentences, but not support sentences, in essence, and on posts he DOES give reasons on, it's only in response to posts he's been accused of.

Hermie, what's your stance/reads as of now? Note that townreads doesn't necessarily mean "confirmed town" (in my previous game, I early-townread a person that ended up being scum, and I admitted I was wrong in the early stages of day 2). Who's been giving off townvibes? Who's been giving off scumvibes? It's okay to have nullreads btw, and it's okay to scumread the most protown people.

P-Edit: Also, Hermie, creeps: What tone do you think newbscum/newbtown will come off as? "Unusual" or "natural"? Are your latest games even a good comparison to this environment? (with a very very small town, newbies-majority with a couple of people who've played games on the same site before, and one that's supposed to be teaching the newbies)
Giving reasons for townreads this early is incredibly stupid.
Why? I'm not debating you and this is a meta question but why??
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:04 am

Post by Hermie »

One thing keeps hanging me up... Rb has 2800 posts here to probably 10-15 games under his belt... If this is how bad his maf play is after that much experience.... Facepalm

But if this is how bad his town play is after that much experience... Double Facepalm
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:23 am

Post by rb »

If you think the only way to play early game is to form conclusions about who is scum, you'd be wrong. That you think the way I'm playing is "bad" is just ridiculous.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:25 am

Post by rb »

Anyway I can't be bothered continuing to argue with a player I think is likely to be scum and if not scum, then a nauseatingly bad town player. Going to focus on more meaningful stuff, and we can lynch Hermie whenever.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:27 am

Post by rb »

Aelin if you had to pick 2 town, who would it be?
If you had to pick 2 scum, who would it be?

If you're unsure it's fine, just answer the question as if you had a gun to your head or something. It's fine to be wrong, but it's not fine to be a non-contributor.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:30 am

Post by rb »

In post 126, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 125, Hermie wrote:Creeps is acting unnatural. Currently rb is far more suspicious tho..
Hermie remember the latest game we played? The most unusual was town and the least was maf
I'm just going to request for the sake of simplicity that you two stop referencing meta from other sites and using anecdotes from that. It'd be much better if you just stuck to this game/general mafia theory.

I think your point is: weird doesn't mean scum. Yes?
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by Hermie »

In post 165, rb wrote:Aelin if you had to pick 2 town, who would it be?

If you're unsure it's fine, just answer the question as if you had a gun to your head or something. It's fine to be wrong, but it's not fine to be a non-contributor.

And added to the list of rbs town constructions! He asked aelin 2 questions after Thor has asked a whole list and got no response
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by Hermie »

In post 163, rb wrote:If you think the only way to play early game is to form conclusions about who is scum, you'd be wrong. That you think the way I'm playing is "bad" is just ridiculous.

This is a rather foot in mouth post... Remember your posts about game solving in day 1? You said you could pick the scum team in a few posts..

And you wanna know what triggered me to start looking into your posts?
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by Hermie »

In post 37, rb wrote:I'm scared.
In post 39, rb wrote:Yes I'm scared.
Those 2 posts super triggered me and then I realized your posts were filler and fluffy.. now you are moving on to out right contradicting yourself... Pray continue I don't really think I even need to post anymore... #selfincriminationislife
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: Hermie

This is pretty good for right now.
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by Hermie »

In post 170, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: Hermie

This is pretty good for right now.

For that I have no words....

If I was a maf playing like this the first mislynch would be game set and match for me... And as a town if I mislynch someone I am dead... This playstyle has literally no future as a maf play... Think about it..
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I'm actually pretty comfortable with my win record right now. Thx.

You keep talking like lynches are going to happen immediately. Why is that?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:35 pm

Post by rb »

It triggers you that I don't care about RVS pressure? Lolwat.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by rb »

In post 167, Hermie wrote:
In post 165, rb wrote:Aelin if you had to pick 2 town, who would it be?

And added to the list of rbs town constructions! He asked aelin 2 questions after Thor has asked a whole list and got no response
Big lists can be intimidating. Two very easy questions can help new players contribute and get into the flow of the game. The goal is to get everyone contributing. I couldn't care less if someone made a whole list and got no response - I intend to keep encouraging other slots to contribute.

If you were town, why would you not like this?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”