Newbie 1747 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:35 am

Post by Hermie »

Well I will be watching his replacement closely... He NEVER did anything for town... Even when prodded.. I don't know how I could have assumed he was town.. especially with him going on about how good of a player he was..

As the the aelin bandwagon... Her tone was town in my opinion but her answers so far have been scum.. I will hold my vote on creeps so we don't hit an accidental Lynch...
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:07 am

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 1.4

Aelin (3):
MisaTange, Creeps20, Thor665
Hermie (2):
algebra, PenguinPower
Thor665 (1):
persephone325
Creeps20 (1):
Hermie

No Vote (3):
Aelin, mhsmith0

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Tuesday, October 25, at 4:00 PM CST, which is in (expired on 2016-10-25 16:00:00).

algebra replaces rb.
mhsmith0 replaces sinkongoreng.

PenguinPower - V/LA until 10/17
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:16 am

Post by MisaTange »

Welcome algebra and mh! Please give opinions as soon as you've read the thread!
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:25 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

I took a quick skim once through, will read through again later today. I'm tentatively in agreement with consensus read on rb there; it seemed like a villagery replace out, although his self claim if vt was thoroughly unnecessary and anti town. Will try and come up with opinions on the others tonight after 2nd re-read.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by algebra »

Hey guys I'm ready to get cracking
UNVOTE:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@mhsmith - Pointing out that rb did an anti-town thing is a bit like noting a blade of grass on a football field. Pointless due to repetition.
That's all you got from an entire skim read and now need another read?

@Algebra - an unvote is like an uncracking.
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by Hermie »

In post 229, algebra wrote:Hey guys I'm ready to get cracking
UNVOTE:

Not a good move for a player slot currently under suspicioun... I will say this.. I will remove my vote from your slot when you start making contributions to town... Sus lists and reasoning...
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

@Thor: yes, since the main point of the first skim was to see if anyone especially jumped out at me as being a wolf (no one did) and if I thought that RB was town (since in general I prefer to sub in for slots that I think are town... though in this case I got a different sub slot)
Show
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:56 pm

Post by MisaTange »

UNVOTE:
...and he was never seen again (6 hours later)

I expected a wallish/reads list after that post to no avail.

Like I know I was unsure about rb's ad hominem arguments ("IC is illogical!!! It's not productive to argue with bad town!!"), but repeatedly promising to post and not posting is a scumtell to me.
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:02 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

generally speaking, I'm more suspicious of active lurking than I am of outright flaking, especially when the length of time in which the flaking happens is far less than the overall day length

*inb4 thor tells me that I learned nothing from Rio and I need to lurker lynch on D1 more often :lol:
Show
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:07 pm

Post by MisaTange »

Ah, ehh. I may be speaking from my paranoia from the last game I had (even though that is completely different circumstances -- town allowed replacements talk for two irl weeks with nothing substantial, while rb posted here).
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:19 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Current town reads:
Thor, Misa
Hermie
algebra

The others:
PP
Spoiler:
In post 71, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: Aelin
I can support this wagon right now.
In post 80, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 78, Creeps20 wrote:VOTE: UNVOTE
Let's give ourselves more time before a hammer shall we?
This is icky.
In post 170, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: Hermie
This is pretty good for right now.

Two "for now" votes, and a shade throwing post at Creeps without a vote. The "for now" votes ping, but what really bugs me was the post at Creeps, which was the most substantive scum read that PP has expressed all game, and yet despite that he doesn't vote there. It'd be pretty funny if it was just as easy as a PP-Creeps scum team.

Creeps
Spoiler:
In post 47, Creeps20 wrote:Thor hermies maf play-style is distinct to say the least. He is not playing like his maf self but the vote on me is mildly frightening as once I am gone he could be able to be his maf self freely.
In post 58, Creeps20 wrote:VOTE: aelin
She drops in and does nothing. Suspicous? Yes. Maf don't want to contribute.
In post 78, Creeps20 wrote:VOTE: UNVOTE
Let's give ourselves more time before a hammer shall we?
In post 120, Creeps20 wrote:Okay my thoughts on RB...
First off he is reacting slightly different than what I would expect. He is making a massive deal out of it. On the forums I am from this is a clear tell tale sign of new scum. If i am not mistaken this is his 2nd game? Now then the games played here are different. But his defence is too exaggerated to be townie. I am going to go with either a power role or scum.
In post 218, Creeps20 wrote:Okay lets get the activitiy back.
Alein the only reason your voting me is because I voted you. This is called OMGUS and it is a pretty terrible scum tactic
VOTE: VTL ALEIN

The first on vote for a slot that wasn't being RVS wagoned at the time (while a different slot was) was off, and then hops off for no apparent reason, essentially asking for more time while not making use of the time.
The second on vote for Aelin is odd; not remembering that she didn't actually vote him is potentially a bit town-indicative since generally scum pay more attention to stuff like "who's actually voting for me", but since he's indicated that he has prior experience that's pretty weak (I wouldn't expect newb!scum to fake that, but a more experienced player might fake it or simply be careless scum). The part of the vote that bugs me is the discussion about OMGUS. It can be a scum tactic, but it can also be something that town does. And given her point about there not actually being much of a case on her, I don't see why OMGUS'ing on one of her voters (if she'd actually done it) was necessarily suspicious. So it seems reachy to me, fitting in a scum read to something that's essentially null.
The non-vote posts quoted above are all hedgy and fence-sitting (and possibly engaging in a bit of role-fishing in 120, hoping for reactions that would indicate who actually did have PR's).
Also makes a bunch of posts talking about how important it is that we scum-hunt without actually doing scum-hunting. Doubly suspicious given his own stated value set that mafia don't want to contribute. Basically active lurking.

Persephone:
Null. Obviously the dice tag random vote is bad, but it seems bad in a null way. I'm not sure there's really anything else useful to sort her with.

Aelin
Also null. 59 was a bit of a misrep of Creeps' vote on her (he didn't say that she "MUST be scum and there is no other possibility"), but that's reasonably within the range of newb!town who's over-reacting to pressure. Overall very low amount of content, and nothing really backign up her stated reads in . I'd look more carefully at her if I got off my scum-reads of PP/Creeps, but she's not an immediate priority for me.

Overall, i'd consider a PP/Creeps scum team reasonably possible, though gut says it's just one of them. But those are the two I'm currently willing to lynch.
VOTE: creeps20
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:20 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

@Misa: do you have something tangible to back up your scum read on Aelin? It seems like you basically made a lurker vote in ; why did she stand out over Persephone (the other lurker), or PP/Creeps?
Show
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 233, MisaTange wrote:
UNVOTE:
...and he was never seen again (6 hours later)

I expected a wallish/reads list after that post to no avail.

Like I know I was unsure about rb's ad hominem arguments ("IC is illogical!!! It's not productive to argue with bad town!!"), but
repeatedly
promising to post and not posting is a scumtell to me.
Why are you bringing this up since it is not applicable?
Coaching?
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:51 am

Post by algebra »

im back

I just did a read through, and here's what I have so far

I like PP's entrance, and the rest of his iso was decent, townlean.
Hermie seems like newbtown to me.
MisaTange is my strongest town, pushes everywhere I would've pushed.
Creeps is a scumlean, I really don't like
Thor seems really aggressive, which could be dangerous if he is scum. However, he is asking good questions to further discussion which is pro-town. and I will never dislike protown, so townlean!
I don't really know about Aelin, I'll have to pressure her soon. could be newbscum or newbtown. just seems really nervous.
I'm neutral about Persephone as well, is defensive though which I don't like
mhsmith is null

my scum pool is {Aelin, Creeps, Perse} so far
VOTE: Creeps
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:55 am

Post by algebra »

@Aelin
what's scummy of Thor?
Hermie
Hermie
Goon
Hermie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:10 am

Post by Hermie »

Guys we need to keep talking...

@algebra what do you have to say about your slots previous player?
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:25 am

Post by Creeps20 »

I nearly forgot this existed. Oops. Reading back
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:54 am

Post by Creeps20 »

I am highly suspicious of algebra but in all honesty the other guy is town as far as I am concerned.

Also alein has disappeared.
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:08 am

Post by MisaTange »

In post 237, mhsmith0 wrote:@Misa: do you have something tangible to back up your scum read on Aelin? It seems like you basically made a lurker vote in ; why did she stand out over Persephone (the other lurker), or PP/Creeps?
Partially tone. At that point, I felt like I disliked . Her "I'm not worth lynching." is the opposite of my "I'm okay with being lynched" in my eyes in my previous game, especially with a similar situation as this (we can afford mls with town getting majority). Her posts at that time were defense posts and I felt like her was weak, but that might be partially because I expected a longer post.

Persephone's felt at least SOME attempt on gamesolving (even though I feel like it is weak as well).

I think PP is a very slight TR for me, as well as I think Creeps is "weird" (done both townie and scummy things) as well as I'm not sure what I believe to be scummy is just a pet peeve of mine (constantly referencing meta is starting to be one of mine).

P-Edit: ...Also, why do I feel like Creeps is OMGUSing?
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:14 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 244, MisaTange wrote:
In post 237, mhsmith0 wrote:@Misa: do you have something tangible to back up your scum read on Aelin? It seems like you basically made a lurker vote in ; why did she stand out over Persephone (the other lurker), or PP/Creeps?
Partially tone. At that point, I felt like I disliked . Her "I'm not worth lynching." is the opposite of my "I'm okay with being lynched" in my eyes in my previous game, especially with a similar situation as this (we can afford mls with town getting majority). Her posts at that time were defense posts and I felt like her was weak, but that might be partially because I expected a longer post.

Persephone's felt at least SOME attempt on gamesolving (even though I feel like it is weak as well).

I think PP is a very slight TR for me, as well as I think Creeps is "weird" (done both townie and scummy things) as well as I'm not sure what I believe to be scummy is just a pet peeve of mine (constantly referencing meta is starting to be one of mine).

3 posts.
1 was nothing at all
Another was a BW.
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:22 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 245, Creeps20 wrote:
In post 244, MisaTange wrote:

3 posts.
1 was nothing at all
Another was a BW.
Okay let me expand.
All the ideas there are mostly copied of others and is in a stark contrast to mthsmith who brought in a lot of information.
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:41 am

Post by algebra »

In post 243, Creeps20 wrote:I am highly suspicious of algebra but in all honesty the other guy is town as far as I am concerned.

Literally 1 game related post and "highly suspicious", lol.
Creeps20
Creeps20
Goon
Creeps20
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:43 am

Post by Creeps20 »

In post 247, algebra wrote:
In post 243, Creeps20 wrote:I am highly suspicious of algebra but in all honesty the other guy is town as far as I am concerned.

Literally 1 game related post and "highly suspicious", lol.
And nothing to add.
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:55 am

Post by algebra »

What information does/did mhsmith have that we don't?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”