Micro 648: Mystery Box Mafia - 't is gedaan!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Sméagol »

Ehh.. You can either become a neapolitan, or look at my older games. I'm not sure if I should be anwsering that.
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
: none
/
running
/
coming up
: large normal (18p) / micro theme (9)
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Expedience »

Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 398, House wrote:
In post 397, Expedience wrote:
In post 356, House wrote:
In post 354, Expedience wrote:He's given two contradictory explanations for his behavior. Even if he was telling the truth about "lel i voted my clear for reactions", he can't simultaneously have gotten a "vanilla" (instead of "VT") result on NJAC.
Check my games. I've never been Neapolitan OR a role cop. I thought "Vanilla" meant "Vanilla Town".

Then i realized that goons were vanilla mafia.

For Jesus' sake, my confusion isn't that hard to follow.
In post 209, House wrote:
In post 206, GuiltyLion wrote:I picked RyanK as he had one post, was on a mislynch wagon, and I figured if I got a VT result then I could play it slow and see who tried to push him and why
Neapolitan doesn't give alignment. Goons are vanilla too.
Okay, he's scum then lol
That was before I knew Neapolitan was a VT cop. I clarified with the mod after i was corrected about 209.

Duh.
But your explanation in isn't consistent with that.

In : "I thought neapolitan was a vanilla cop because I didn't realize goons counted as vanilla"
In : "neapolitan is vanilla cop because neapolitan checks if someone is vanilla and goons are also vanilla"
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by House »

In post 354, Expedience wrote:He's given two contradictory explanations for his behavior. Even if he was telling the truth about "lel i voted my clear for reactions", he can't simultaneously have gotten a "vanilla" (instead of "VT") result on NJAC.
Check my games. I've never been Neapolitan OR a role cop. I thought "Vanilla" meant "Vanilla Town".

356. Liar.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by Expedience »

??? ? ????? ? ?? ? ?? ? ????
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

01100010 01101111 01101111
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by House »

In post 405, Not_Mafia wrote:01100010 01101111 01101111
No encrypted text. :P

RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:20 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 404, Expedience wrote:??? ? ????? ? ?? ? ?? ? ????
Judging by the context house is posting, he thought "vanilla" meant "vanilla town" when he received the result till post 134, where he realized goons were vanilla as well. It all matches up.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:22 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 393, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 390, RyanK wrote:
In post 389, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: RyanK
Reasoning?
My reason is I didn't like your early game posts

What is the case on House, Neapolitan is often confused with vanilla cop, I modded a normal centerwd around it and everyone got it confused
Which posts were you reffering to? Why do you think I'm more scum then the others?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:31 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 395, Expedience wrote:
In post 387, RyanK wrote:
In post 41, NJAC wrote:...
Also I don't like the current wagon on Flames, and am waiting for the responses from Expedience to decide if Ryank wagon is a good one.
In post 225, NJAC wrote:
In post 216, RyanK wrote:
In post 191, House wrote:
In post 188, NJAC wrote:If so, why aren't you asking me to clarify what you don't understand?
I'd rather wait to see how things unfold for a bit before interfering in the push on you.
Why are you relying on the situation instead of your own reads?
Because he's scum. He's not scum hunting.

VOTE: House
Should I say the same of you?
VOTE: NJAC
Remember, NJAC can't be scum unless House is also scum because House claimed a VT result on him. You should be voting House if you think NJAC is scum.
If we vote House, it's rather WIFOM if House is town. If we vote NJAC, however, it is with 100% certainty that House is scum. And yet, if NJAC is town, it's WIFOM all over again as to whether House is scum as House could have always claimed his results as it is as scum. So, we should be voting for whoever we are more certain is scum.

@House:
Would you like to share the corrected results? Judging by the result the mod gave you, he would have gave you vanilla results instead of whether NJAC is a VT.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:40 am

Post by RyanK »

@Mod:
My vote has changed in post 387
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:05 am

Post by House »

In post 409, RyanK wrote:
@House:
Would you like to share the corrected results? Judging by the result the mod gave you, he would have gave you vanilla results instead of whether NJAC is a VT.
The corrected phrasing told me NJAC was a town vanilla.

Yes, town vanilla. Not vanilla town.

Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:37 am

Post by Sméagol »

In post 410, RyanK wrote:
@Mod:
My vote has changed in post 387
It's correct in the latest vote count (#05), so I suspect you clicked on the link in the OP, which wasn't updated and linked to the previous vote count (#04).
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
/
running
/
coming up
: large normal (18p) / micro theme (9)
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:27 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

Spoiler: general timeline of House's read on NJAC
, , ,

Day 1, House has pretty much no read on NJAC and dismisses GuiltyLion's push. The combination of and gives me the vibe that House is more interested in why GuiltyLion is pushing NJAC rather than looking into NJAC himself, since House finds interesting but doesn't care for the rest of GL's push.

House's vote on NJAC here feels more like a D1 push you make when you find what someone said or did interesting rather than scummy. It's a vote with the intention of sorting.

House is talking about NJAC like he town or nullreads him. It's also an interesting question to ask someone you're sheeping and might otherwise look contradictory (following them while questioning), but looks to me that he's, again, sorting a slot.

House is under the impression that Neapolitans get Vanilla/Not Vanilla results. Nothing to really say about this other than to acknowledge it.

Now House is starting to talk to NJAC like he scumreads him. I presume that this comes from the fact that he dislikes NJAC's push on Expedience, the read and tone transition at least makes sense to me with what has been happening in the thread.

So while House is scumreading NJAC, he's sitting out of the push because he's still sorting him.

House's read on NJAC has been relatively fluid and weak, which makes since given the night action result House claims he has ("vanilla" is completely not alignment indicative).

And now Expedience calls House out on his mistake concerning Neapolitans. After this, notice the complete lack of discussion on NJAC after this point in House's ISO. I'm assuming at this time, House is PM'ing Smeagol and asking for clarification on what happened.

Read this post carefully. House is literally saying that he has an inno on NJAC and is trying to derail Guilty's push on him. This coming out of the blue actually makes
sense
to me... He probably received the mod's PM around this time and now knows for sure that NJAC is town. Reminds me of what Guilty said earlier about innos, and how that change in reads can look awkward.

And House outs his result right here...

This is totally something House would do btw, reminds me of when he used me as bait in my newbie. Basically, I jumped onto a wagon that House started pushing and then House started "tunneling" onto me (his top townread that game) to see if anyone else would sheep on. The idea behind the gambit was clever, but I saw through it and that was evident because of how I defended myself. Basically House would totally vote his townreads with ulterior motives when he's town and I see the merit behind what he did this game.

House tells us here that his interpretation of his "Vanilla" result changed as he was posting, which makes sense with his ISO:

at , House is talking about NJAC like he believes he's town, so it's presumable that this is when he thought "Vanilla" meant VT. Then in , his language implies a scumread, matching up with his realization he mentioned in and matches up with chronologically. We can assume the mod correction came after 209, as House's language returns to that of a townread in .

Point is, you can actually follow the exact transition of House's thought process wrt to his night actions in the thread. There is NOTHING that contradicts his claim in his actions.

This feels like an extremely exploitative push from Expedience, since there's everything in the thread to back up House, yet he keeps pushing on what seems to be a genuine misunderstanding in mod-communications.

VOTE: Expedience

Consider this the stance I'm taking, Expedience. also your push on me was pretty lacking, i got you scumread me but where was the convincing people? the questioning of me? it didn't feel genuine.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:23 am

Post by Expedience »

nvm there was a change in interpretation of his results before he confronted the moderator, I get it now.

UNVOTE: House

I'm still not convinced that this makes him town because he could be a scum neapolitan, and the thing with voting a clear. But I think he's almost certainly a neapolitan.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 359, House wrote:You wanna mislynch me because I'm not a proper little stereotypical townie? Whatever. But Expedience, you should know damned well there's nothing typical about my town game so you just have yourself to blame.
Assuming that House is scum then this line makes Expedience conf-town, he's talking to Expedience as if he already knows Expedience is town
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by House »

In post 415, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 359, House wrote:You wanna mislynch me because I'm not a proper little stereotypical townie? Whatever. But Expedience, you should know damned well there's nothing typical about my town game so you just have yourself to blame.
Assuming that House is scum then this line makes Expedience conf-town, he's talking to Expedience as if he already knows Expedience is town
I'm talking to Expedience as if he has experience with my play, scum.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 393, Not_Mafia wrote:What is the case on House, Neapolitan is often confused with vanilla cop, I modded a normal centerwd around it and everyone got it confused
can you just read House's + my posts

House is scumtelling left and right
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:41 pm

Post by House »

You don't want him to do that.

My posts bear out my claims.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:43 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

whoever is town out of NJAC/gigabyte needs to shape up and vote scum!House

like, completely independently of the whole neapolitan claim/results deal, his AtE and misreps on me still speak volumes as to his alignment. Please reread my . And also see how he is literally incapable of letting me post anything without rushing in to argue and try to start more game-spamming shit-flinging. He's
painfully
obvious scum.

that's about all I have right now.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by House »

In post 419, GuiltyLion wrote:whoever is town out of NJAC/gigabyte needs to shape up and vote scum!House

like, completely independently of the whole neapolitan claim/results deal, his AtE and misreps on me still speak volumes as to his alignment. Please reread my . And also see how he is literally incapable of letting me post anything without rushing in to argue and try to start more game-spamming shit-flinging. He's
painfully
obvious scum.

that's about all I have right now.
Attacking my activity now?

Getting desperate bro.

Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:58 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 415, GuiltyLion wrote:
Really? That could very easily be distancing if we were scum together. I mean, I'm town, but that's not a good argument.
In post 419, GuiltyLion wrote:his AtE and misreps on me still speak volumes as to his alignment.
But it's House

Not very sure who is scum here.
In post 413, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Consider this the stance I'm taking, Expedience. also your push on me was pretty lacking, i got you scumread me but where was the convincing people? the questioning of me? it didn't feel genuine.
I don't like this though.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 402, Expedience wrote: But your explanation in isn't consistent with that.

In : "I thought neapolitan was a vanilla cop because I didn't realize goons counted as vanilla"
In : "neapolitan is vanilla cop because neapolitan checks if someone is vanilla and goons are also vanilla"
In post 403, House wrote:

356. Liar.
here's yet another reason why House is scum (and Expedience consequently conftown) - he's calling Expedience a "liar" in this post, but he also constantly speaks to Expedience as if Expedience is town, he's repeatedly referred to how strongly he's townreading Expedience. If House truly believed Expedience is town then House would not assume Expedience is lying in any of his posts. Townies don't immediately discredit and accuse their townreads of misleading behavior.

Why would his immediate response to Expedience calling him out for a contradiction be to call him a "liar"? He's scum, aggressively snapping at anyone who tries to push him. House needs to win arguments, not sort alignments.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:22 pm

Post by House »

In post 422, GuiltyLion wrote:If House truly believed Expedience is town then House would not assume Expedience is lying in any of his posts.
That's a steaming pile of bullshit. :lol:

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:22 pm

Post by House »

In post 422, GuiltyLion wrote:House needs to win arguments