Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 123, MiniDeathStar wrote:
@Gamma:
Before I answer that question, why is suddently everyone so interested in what I do and what I like/dislike? I don't mind making my thought process transparent because I expect that from others to a degree, but I feel like if I reveal literally everything about the way I play then that would blur any genuine reactions I might elicit from people later on because they would know what to expect and what I'm looking for.

Okay, now to answer you: because RVS is random and jocular, and it's super easy to find an excuse for doing something during that stage. This is why I always try to end it fast and start placing serious votes. The longer RVS goes on the more difficult it is for me to get early reads.
I have a friend who doesn't like to do RVS, and he instead does more novel openings, like RQS or a buddy system.
So why do things you don't like when there are other options?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:26 am

Post by alban »

In post 44, Charloux wrote:
In post 30, MiniDeathStar wrote: Charloux, if you didn't see the question properly, why didn't you say that outright or ask me to clarify? Why did you lie that you had answered it and accuse me of twisting the truth?
I saw my mistake 5s before i made the post about how i made the mistake, so me accusing you of lying came from my misunderstanding.
In post 45, MiniDeathStar wrote:Okay, so now that you know I wasn't lying, why are you still voting me? :wink:
In post 48, Charloux wrote:Everybody who commented on my little sharade gets a townlean read from me
UNVOTE: MDS
Townreading it just for the naivete and weirdness of it all.
But who knows. Usually, I don't believe my own reads.
(Not saying the players are naive and weird. Just the exchange.)
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:29 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 112, Fountain of Dreams wrote:
In post 110, lane0168 wrote:
In post 92, Fountain of Dreams wrote:MDS

Lane's interrogation of you was awful.

Let's lynch him for that.
Explain why it's awful and why that makes me scum. It blows my mind how often people use reasons like theirs on page 3 of a game.
I've page 1'd scum before. This is not a good defense from you.
You got lucky.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:32 am

Post by alban »

In post 87, Klingoncelt wrote:Alban, Fountain of Dreams, MiniDeathStar, I mean.
Reason?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 102, MiniDeathStar wrote:
Hi,
@Klingon
. Nice entrance. What's with the finger pointing?
I'm a shit player on Day1, or at least that's my reputation. I expect to be ignored. So rather than waste my time trying to start wagons or anything I'll just point fingers today.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 127, lane0168 wrote:

Explain why it's awful and why that makes me scum. It blows my mind how often people use reasons like theirs on page 3 of a game.
You got lucky.
That reads awkward as hell.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:33 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 111, Fountain of Dreams wrote:Because it looks like you were reaching and not attempting to actually find scum. Lack of vote doesn't help you either when you pointed out several scummy things from others.
Really, I wasn't actually trying to find scum. And yet you say I pointed out several scummy things from others. This is a huge contradiction. I don't have to vote for shit if I don't want to. I'll vote when I'm ready. I'm ready now. Tell me why the lack of vote is scummy too. Why do scum point out scummy things and not vote?

VOTE: fountain
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 131, lane0168 wrote:
In post 111, Fountain of Dreams wrote:Because it looks like you were reaching and not attempting to actually find scum. Lack of vote doesn't help you either when you pointed out several scummy things from others.
Really, I wasn't actually trying to find scum. And yet you say I pointed out several scummy things from others. This is a huge contradiction. I don't have to vote for shit if I don't want to. I'll vote when I'm ready. I'm ready now. Tell me why the lack of vote is scummy too. Why do scum point out scummy things and not vote?
To test if a lynch will fly: if others agree, the vote happens.
<Embrace The Void>

alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:37 am

Post by alban »

In post 102, MiniDeathStar wrote:
In post 76, alban wrote::lol:
Sorry, but I lol'd in real.
I followed that exchange between you guys, and it's just hilarious how ms keeps throwing problematic pairs together.
Imagining myself in a game with H (you know who, Mini) ;) Never gonna happen.
I know right? But I wasn't kidding. I literally felt like crying. It's unbelievable how many emotions this game can bring out.

Nice to finally play with you by the way. ♥
Pleasure's all mine :)
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:39 am

Post by lane0168 »

Why would town do it?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 134, lane0168 wrote:Why would town do it?
I don't know: maybe they are voting someone else? There's a logic for it I'm sure but I can't really find it.
<Embrace The Void>

lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:48 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 135, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 134, lane0168 wrote:Why would town do it?
I don't know: maybe they are voting someone else? There's a logic for it I'm sure but I can't really find it.
For real? You can't think of a single reason? Do you think town would like to come to the conclusion someone is scummy enough to vote for before voting for someone? Or do you think it's better town votes first, then builds their case...
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:53 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 130, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 127, lane0168 wrote:

You got lucky.
That reads awkward as hell.
I agree. Using something that happened 1 time before as proof that your case is legit is pretty weird
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 128, alban wrote:
Reason?
MiniDeathStar's play is too Team Leader. The way she was sheeped is too. By you and Fountain.

With you, there's the sheeping. Then there's asking Spade to get a display pic. I suppose that means an avatar. Now if Spade hasn't posted in the game yet, then the only way you'd see his posts and lack of avatar would be in the Scum PT, right?

Fountain throws Spade's name in for a split second, then sheeps Mini. I'll have to look through the Role Madness to see why Transcend hates me so much... found it - it's because I know how to play Wake non-bastard games. Someone got mad because as a Mason I called out the bad "Backup IC" claim. So his rage at me isn't exactly warranted.

Add Spade in as Scum too, Alban knows he doesn't have an avatar even though Spade hasn't posted here yet. Can only happen in a Scum PT, kids.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

OK yeah that awk as hell, what Klingon brought up.
DON'T THINK I'M DONE WITH YOU CHARIZARD!
VOTE: alban
<Embrace The Void>

MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:15 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

@Gamma:
I've seen RQS mentioned on the Mafiascum wiki but I've never seen an actual example. If I knew how to do alternatives, I would. Atm I just accept RVS as an annoying but inevitable part of the game. Why are you so attached to my feelings on RVS anyway? What are you getting at exactly?

Um,
@Klingon
? You got all that out of RVS? How am I a "team leader" on the first page? What does that even mean? How is me being sheeped suspicious? How is Fountain's vote switch to create a wagon suspicious?

Also if you think alban saw Spade in the scum topic, why isn't Spade amongst your FoS'es?
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:15 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 139, Gamma Emerald wrote:OK yeah that awk as hell, what Klingon brought up.
Since you switched from me so easily, i suppose your read on me was
Fake

Btw i'm 90% certain that this is Lane's town game. He seems to like being unpleasant as town when pushing hard. Or am i wrong?
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:22 am

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

Oh man, you go to bed for a bit and wake up to 6 pages lol, i am all caught up now though. I must say that Transcend plays this way, i have witnessed it before. It pains me to defend him in any way so to counter balance that i will put a placeholder vote with him.

VOTE: Fountain
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 141, Charloux wrote:
In post 139, Gamma Emerald wrote:OK yeah that awk as hell, what Klingon brought up.
Since you switched from me so easily, i suppose your read on me was
Fake
The fuck?
<Embrace The Void>

MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:34 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Yeah, I think I'm with Gamma here. What was that about Charloux?
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:35 am

Post by alban »

In post 138, Klingoncelt wrote:
Reason?
MiniDeathStar's play is too Team Leader. The way she was sheeped is too. By you and Fountain.

With you, there's the sheeping. Then there's asking Spade to get a display pic. I suppose that means an avatar. Now if Spade hasn't posted in the game yet, then the only way you'd see his posts and lack of avatar would be in the Scum PT, right?

Fountain throws Spade's name in for a split second, then sheeps Mini. I'll have to look through the Role Madness to see why Transcend hates me so much... found it - it's because I know how to play Wake non-bastard games. Someone got mad because as a Mason I called out the bad "Backup IC" claim. So his rage at me isn't exactly warranted.

Add Spade in as Scum too, Alban knows he doesn't have an avatar even though Spade hasn't posted here yet. Can only happen in a Scum PT, kids.
Don't be patronising please.
Heard of parsimony?
Rando's pm to us - informing about the beginning of the game - includes links to all our profiles. Surely, you received one? I checked everyone's profile and found Spade as the only one who doesn't have an avatar. Also noticed that he is a newbie here. So, thought of suggesting him to get one.
About sheeping, that was done to create a wagon in order to pressurise one of the players to start talking and read them better. Should have been obvious.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:35 am

Post by Charloux »

He irritates me. From what i understood he labeled me as scum, and then switched to someone else with something like "yeah, what kling brought up"
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 145, alban wrote:
In post 138, Klingoncelt wrote:
Reason?

Don't be patronising please.
Heard of parsimony?
Rando's pm to us - informing about the beginning of the game - includes links to all our profiles. Surely, you received one? I checked everyone's profile and found Spade as the only one who doesn't have an avatar. Also noticed that he is a newbie here. So, thought of suggesting him to get one.
About sheeping, that was done to create a wagon in order to pressurise one of the players to start talking and read them better. Should have been obvious.
WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT?
<Embrace The Void>

alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:41 am

Post by alban »

Why not?
Please stop using all caps. Reads as if you are screaming.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:41 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

In post 146, Charloux wrote:He irritates me. From what i understood he labeled me as scum, and then switched to someone else with something like "yeah, what kling brought up"
I am pretty sure Gamma thought alban had scumslipped and decided it was a much stronger scumtell than whatever he had on you.

He even said he "hadn't forgotten about you". I don't understand how that makes his read on you
Fake
, bolded and capitalised.

Return to “Completed Open Games”