Micro 657: Vanillite Mafia (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:21 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

in fact

VOTE: DarkHorse

This is a hell of lot better lynch tbh
2023 W/L | 1-0
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:23 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 172, Aeronaut wrote:Because why allow there to be time for interactions to happen with you? We're in a 7p game. You'd think scum would be aiming to end the day quick and pretty much rob town of any sort of real interaction. I feel like that'd cripple town?
Sure, but... you don't think that'd make me look scummy as all heck?
In post 172, Aeronaut wrote:I mean I don't know what game you're reading, but we're on page 7 right now. If you expect a full reads list with detailed analysis at this point, I don't know what to tell you? Shannon has contributed the most to the game in my opinion out of any other player at that point
You're completely sidestepping the issue. You said was a good example of "what you were talking about" without saying what that meant, and that it made you townread shannon. I pointed out that I couldn't see anything special whatsoever about that post. Now you're saying "well, there's nothing
bad
about the post and shannon has contributed a lot" which completely misses the point.

So I'll ask again:
what's so special about post
? Why does it make you townread shannon?
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:36 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 176, Postie wrote:
In post 172, Aeronaut wrote:Because why allow there to be time for interactions to happen with you? We're in a 7p game. You'd think scum would be aiming to end the day quick and pretty much rob town of any sort of real interaction. I feel like that'd cripple town?
Sure, but... you don't think that'd make me look scummy as all heck?
No... as I said, everyone in this game really seemed fine with it at the time. So, no. This is a game of mostly newbies and me, who can't read shit.

Do you want to keep debating why you're town in circles or would you like to answer some of my questions please?
In post 172, Aeronaut wrote:I mean I don't know what game you're reading, but we're on page 7 right now. If you expect a full reads list with detailed analysis at this point, I don't know what to tell you? Shannon has contributed the most to the game in my opinion out of any other player at that point
You're completely sidestepping the issue. You said was a good example of "what you were talking about" without saying what that meant, and that it made you townread shannon. I pointed out that I couldn't see anything special whatsoever about that post. Now you're saying "well, there's nothing
bad
about the post and shannon has contributed a lot" which completely misses the point.

So I'll ask again:
what's so special about post
? Why does it make you townread shannon?
Please tell me where I ever said there was nothing bad about the post? Again, what are you talking about?

As I've said, 105 is a reads list where one wasn't really required. It's pretty good considering the amount of information the game had on page five. If that same reads list was posted in twenty pages, I'd probably have a different viewpoint.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:39 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

105 is a great example of what I was talking about because while most of the people in this game were sitting back twirling their thumbs, shannon is putting out posts like that that actually give any sort of stance.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 177, Aeronaut wrote:Please tell me where I ever said there was nothing bad about the post? Again, what are you talking about?
That seemed to be the implication of this...?
In post 172, Aeronaut wrote:I mean I don't know what game you're reading, but we're on page 7 right now. If you expect a full reads list with detailed analysis at this point, I don't know what to tell you
You couldn't tell me what you liked about the post and instead shrugged your shoulders and went "whelp were you
expecting
something good this early?". Considering I asked you about why the post made you townread shannon, yes, yes I was expecting you to be able to point out why the post was good.
In post 177, Aeronaut wrote:As I've said, 105 is a reads list where one wasn't really required. It's pretty good considering the amount of information the game had on page five. If that same reads list was posted in twenty pages, I'd probably have a different viewpoint.
So it's just the fact that it was unprompted? I guess I'll make a note of that for any future games with you where I'm scum; early readslist = instatowncred, sweet.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 178, Aeronaut wrote:105 is a great example of what I was talking about because while most of the people in this game were sitting back twirling their thumbs, shannon is putting out posts like that that actually give any sort of stance.
Activity is not alignment indicative.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:52 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 177, Aeronaut wrote:As I've said, 105 is a reads list where one wasn't really required. It's pretty good considering the amount of information the game had on page five. If that same reads list was posted in twenty pages, I'd probably have a different viewpoint.
So it's just the fact that it was unprompted? I guess I'll make a note of that for any future games with you where I'm scum; early readslist = instatowncred, sweet.[/quote]
Literally, yes. I don't know why that's so hard for you to get right now.

Let's break it down so any living human can understand. It is ~page 5. There is almost nothing going on in this game (which is my fault just as much as it is everyone elses). Shannon, even though every single other player is lurking the hell out of this, continues to post her thoughts on players and on the game and makes a decent effort to get people to become more active. If this were a more experienced player, I'd say yea, that's easy to fake. But I just don't see someone who is new to the game going against the grain and continuing being the center of attention. It doesn't make sense to actively get the game going again from a scum perspective. It shouldn't take you five posts to understand that.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:52 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

quote got fucked up :/
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:54 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

It's absolutely alignment indicative, you just have to know in what ways.

I'm not going to assume all lurking people are scum, but I'm going see people who contribute when they could have easily continued lurking as town.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:55 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Are you trying to say Shannon is scum?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:02 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 181, Aeronaut wrote:Shannon, even though every single other player is lurking the hell out of this, continues to post her thoughts on players and on the game and makes a decent effort to get people to become more active.
Where is she encouraging activity?
In post 181, Aeronaut wrote:If this were a more experienced player, I'd say yea, that's easy to fake. But I just don't see someone who is new
"Mafia Scum"
She has enough experience. Join dates mean very little.

Which reminds me...
In post 173, Aeronaut wrote:What are you talking about? Dark Horse has been around since 2010?
Missed this earlier. Note his player title please - Mafia Goon. That in combination with the general "I barely know what I'm doing" vibe he gives off makes him firmly a newb in my eyes.
In post 181, Aeronaut wrote:to the game going against the grain and continuing being the center of attention. It doesn't make sense to actively get the game going again from a scum perspective. It shouldn't take you five posts to understand that.
What part of that post went "against the grain"? What part of it made her the center of attention? What part of it opened her up to criticism or wasn't safe as fuck?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:02 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 184, Aeronaut wrote:Are you trying to say Shannon is scum?
Absolutely not.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:21 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 185, Postie wrote:
In post 181, Aeronaut wrote:Shannon, even though every single other player is lurking the hell out of this, continues to post her thoughts on players and on the game and makes a decent effort to get people to become more active.
Where is she encouraging activity?
Have you read the game yet? Specifically I'd say 45, 60, 77, 113 and admittedly I had thought she was the one that asked for me and Flames to be prodded, and I guess I'm wrong about that since I can't find that in the ISO.
In post 181, Aeronaut wrote:If this were a more experienced player, I'd say yea, that's easy to fake. But I just don't see someone who is new
"Mafia Scum"
She has enough experience. Join dates mean very little.

Which reminds me...[/quote]
That's your opinion, Postie. Join dates mean a lot to most of us on-site. New players follow the same patterns almost every time. You don't have to believe me, but we're not lynching Shannon today. Or TB for that matter.
In post 173, Aeronaut wrote:What are you talking about? Dark Horse has been around since 2010?
Missed this earlier. Note his player title please - Mafia Goon. That in combination with the general "I barely know what I'm doing" vibe he gives off makes him firmly a newb in my eyes.
Ok.... Then if you really believe that join dates mean very little, why are you trying to use that to tell me that DH is town?

And, barring the argument that his player title is at all Alignment Indicative, lets be less general here. You think that he's "bold and brazen." What about my other points? Why ignore those? His tunneling on shannon to look busy, and the reasoning was so paper thin there anyway. He refused to give any sort of reads and just knee jerk attacked me when I gave a lick of pressure. I'm sorry, but he's screaming scum to me. Saying "Oh he's bold and brazen and scum don't do that" is just factually untrue.
In post 181, Aeronaut wrote:to the game going against the grain and continuing being the center of attention. It doesn't make sense to actively get the game going again from a scum perspective. It shouldn't take you five posts to understand that.
What part of that post went "against the grain"? What part of it made her the center of attention? What part of it opened her up to criticism or wasn't safe as fuck?[/quote] she gave stances while your slot had posted an RVS vote and nothing more
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:23 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 186, Postie wrote:
Absolutely not.
So you're wasting everyone's time. You can answer all of the things I've asked you before I continue splitting hairs on non-issues. Especially if you plan on using a player title as an argument.
2023 W/L | 1-0
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:48 am

Post by shannon »

In post 170, Postie wrote:
In post 167, Aeronaut wrote:Because I wasn't here really and this game is filled with newbies who wouldn't care either way. You're scum, you don't want to prolong the day, yea?
Unless it gets me towncred. If enough people are gunning for an algebra lynch already, he'd just end up being lynched another day anyway so what does it matter to me?
In post 167, Aeronaut wrote:From what I saw in word sneak, you as scum took a backseat role and let the town kind of hash each other out. Here you're making a show of yourself.
Backseat role? Were we reading the same game? I deathtunneled the shit out of my partner.
In post 167, Aeronaut wrote:105. Pretty good example from what I'm talking about. New scum doesn't make that post.
Aero, that's a goddamn basic list of safe as fuck reads, with a sentence of justification for each. I'm not sure what I'm missing here, but you should probably point it out to me. You're better than this.

@Postie are you scum reading Aeronaut?

In post 174, Aeronaut wrote:And I'm not getting any sort of brazen or ballsy from his posts. What he's done today is tunnel Shannon for what seemed like little to no reason, and then gave us one of the thinnest lines of reasonings possible (see 89). And then he backpedalled and basically jumped on the next viable wagon which was algebra

@Aeronaut I'm weighing up this slot in light of your comments. On the plus side, I felt like his push on me was genuine. On the minus, he used it to line up lynches, and then as you say he jumped ship ASAP after it became clear no one was going to buy a lynch on me today.
In post 186, Postie wrote:
Absolutely not.
What on Earth were the past few pages about then? The only thing I can come up with is that you are scum reading Aero and think that his read on me is fake. Is that what's going on?
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:29 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Postie is just trying to sort me, which is fine. I'd rather her realize I'm town at this point so that we could work together, but not much is gonna get done at this rate
2023 W/L | 1-0
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:26 am

Post by algebra »

In post 190, Aeronaut wrote:Postie is just trying to sort me, which is fine. I'd rather her realize I'm town at this point so that we could work together, but not much is gonna get done at this rate
I really hate this, looks really fake
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:06 am

Post by Dark Horse »

Shannon's 105 did very little to generate discussion, as evidenced by the fact that
literally no one discussed
it until Aeronaut brought it up now.

Compare that to my push on shannon, which actually generated discussion.

Also creature why are you saying that shannon's basic reads list is "ok since we're on page seven," but my initial evidence on shannon from page two was "too flimsy." You're holding me and shannon to two very different standards.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:39 am

Post by Dark Horse »

Plus complaining about activity in the thread but not doing anything else does nothing to encourage activity. I honestly have no idea how you think that shannon has contributed the most to this game
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Postie »

In post 187, Aeronaut wrote:Specifically I'd say 45, 60, 77, 113
This still has nothing to do with 105.
(And in all of those posts except the last one she doesn't engage with any player, instead complaining about the lack of content while not producing any useful content herself. Jfc.)
In post 187, Aeronaut wrote:That's your opinion, Postie. Join dates mean a lot to most of us on-site. New players follow the same patterns almost every time. You don't have to believe me, but we're not lynching Shannon today. Or TB for that matter.
You don't magically get better if you sign-up and don't play any games, just because a certain amount of time has elapsed. Join dates would only mean something if they indicated how much experience someone has, which they don't; that's what their player title does, since it's a reflection of how many posts they've made in games.
In post 187, Aeronaut wrote:Ok.... Then if you really believe that join dates mean very little, why are you trying to use that to tell me that DH is town?
I'm not? I specifically mentioned his player title.
In post 187, Aeronaut wrote:And, barring the argument that his player title is at all Alignment Indicative, lets be less general here. You think that he's "bold and brazen." What about my other points? Why ignore those?
Didn't have the time or energy. Will get to that now.
In post 187, Aeronaut wrote:His tunneling on shannon to look busy, and the reasoning was so paper thin there anyway. He refused to give any sort of reads and just knee jerk attacked me when I gave a lick of pressure. I'm sorry, but he's screaming scum to me. Saying "Oh he's bold and brazen and scum don't do that" is just factually untrue.
I don't care how shaky his reads or reasoning were, the point is that he was committed to them and willing to charge headfirst into attacking shit and make himself the center of attention (didn't you townread shannon for that?), despite the heat he got for it. I'd expect scum!DH to be far more cautious, especially considering he doesn't have a huge amount of experience on the site yet (and no, that's not me making an argument based off his player title; it simply strengthens my point).
In post 187, Aeronaut wrote:she gave stances while your slot had posted an RVS vote and nothing more
I didn't realise everyone else producing sub-par content makes anyone else's content magically towny.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:37 am

Post by Postie »

In post 189, shannon wrote:@Postie are you scum reading Aeronaut?
In post 189, shannon wrote:What on Earth were the past few pages about then? The only thing I can come up with is that you are scum reading Aero and think that his read on me is fake. Is that what's going on?
Bingo.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 174, Aeronaut wrote:And I'm not getting any sort of brazen or ballsy from his posts. What he's done today is tunnel Shannon for what seemed like little to no reason, and then gave us one of the thinnest lines of reasonings possible (see 89). And then he backpedalled and basically jumped on the next viable wagon which was algebra
To address your "I don't see how he's being ballsy":
1) Putting someone to L-1 early and without warning is ballsy for newbscum
2) His tone in general is consistently aggressive - see posts like , , , , etc.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by Postie »

Oh yeah and I spotted this on my first readthrough but forgot about it:
In post 87, Dark Horse wrote:There you go, I was wondering how long it was going to take for you to come out and actually say that I'm scum.
I don't have the words to explain it right now but this statement screams town to me.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:23 pm

Post by Postie »

I also like the way DH approaches Aero:
In post 69, Dark Horse wrote:lol @ Aeronaut thinking I'm tunneling just because I'm actually trying to put some effort wrt a scum read
In post 83, Dark Horse wrote:Aeronaut what are your reads
In post 84, Dark Horse wrote:And if you answer "nothing solid" then you have no right to say that i'm tunneling
In post 87, Dark Horse wrote:There you go, I was wondering how long it was going to take for you to come out and actually say that I'm scum. Trying to discredit me only to vote algebra was a bad move

Creature's town, thinkbig's slightly town

So I asked you this before, why is shannon town? It's annoying that instead of answering this you've tried to discredit my push instead. The fact that you asked me to clarify the hammering stuff, and then then tried attacking me for clarifying hammering stuff was terrible.
You can see his line of thought go
acknowledge Aero's criticism while thinking it's dumb -> become suspicious of Aero's motives and start questioning him -> openly and aggressively criticise Aero -> start to openly call into question Aero's motives

It's three dimensional without being showy.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Creature has not responded to his prod and is being replaced.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”