Survivor

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:17 pm

Post by pisskop »

And lastly:

-Polluted Bridge Troll
-Female Motorcycle being ridden by a metal man
-Smiledog

which avatar?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:19 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 23, pisskop wrote:Can I pass on dark spells (such as shield) onto another person?

Like dunn?
Nope. Dark Magic is unique in that it's bound to a specific slot, like a standard role in a normal game.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:19 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

You can't pass on dark spells

No clue why the alert works like that
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by Impoetic »

I'm so scared of saying more stupid stuff in scum chat asfg I should go on the hydra account and just conveniently forget to sign everything so people don't know it was me :shifty:

predit: What makes you think we can pass on dark magic spells? Did I miss something? Also @Jr none taken obvs :P
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by Impoetic »

It's possible alert is just filler. It seems we all have the same number of abilities, and scum could've started out with a different one and needed some last-minute nerfing or something? But also just roles can interact with it in ways we can't really expect to predict in pregame I guess.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by pisskop »

no reason.

asking to know. Note my mana barrier is a temporary asetic shot, not an enabler shot
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

if town has killing abilities it should protect us from those

and cop abilities
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by pisskop »

alert is a nice way to nudge people and say

'look, im harmless and Ive raised an ALERT. what a stupid power for scum amirite?'

it also lets us 'fake' target each other. Or if we want to try to stockpile powers we can pass it amounst ourselves
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 0, Nahdia wrote:As a wizard, you are skilled in channeling arcane energies. Your abilities function as follows:

Whenever you are hit by a spell, you will gain that spell in your spellbook.
Unless stated otherwise, all abilities are compulsive; you must use them at your first opportunity. If you do not select a target, one will be randomly selected for you.
Unless stated otherwise, all abilities are 1-shot; they will be removed from your spellbook once no uses remain.
If killed, you will flip with only the spells you possess at the time of your death.
None of the above applies to dark magic.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by pisskop »

are you saying i have to use all powers? i can multicast?

i know compulsive but multiple actions?
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by Impoetic »

In post 32, pisskop wrote:alert is a nice way to nudge people and say

'look, im harmless and Ive raised an ALERT. what a stupid power for scum amirite?'

it also lets us 'fake' target each other. Or if we want to try to stockpile powers we can pass it amounst ourselves
Oh, true. :o
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

You don't have to use dark magic compulsively

and that day ability to steal is non compulsive too

I think our only compulsive stuff is the curse and the prod
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 25, pisskop wrote:-Female Motorcycle being ridden by a metal man
This.

I don't think dark magic is compulsive, the rest is though from what I understand.

Fake targeting each other could be good depending on the roles in the game.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:34 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 28, Impoetic wrote:I'm so scared of saying more stupid stuff in scum chat asfg I should go on the hydra account and just conveniently forget to sign everything so people don't know it was me :shifty:
Everyone will know it's you because I'll be sure to sign my posts :P
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Hmm since we've only got vote and the two dark magic stuff that means we can use Arcane Theft from D1 yeah? Presuming we don't get targeted with a day spell that gets added to our book.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by pisskop »

10-4

Dark magic isnt compulsive and is not going allow me to save spells?

mod:[/v]

if i 'essence rend' can i also use another power?
We can use multiple powers in one night phase? if i gained 2 "alert' spells would I be obligated to use them that night?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by JaeReed »

@Nahdia does arcane theft get added to the book of whoever we cast at as well? Does it resolve before or after the lynch flips (as in, can we target the person being lynched to get their shit)?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:42 pm

Post by pisskop »

bummer.

Ive just got out of FAs game where I was too active and helpful as scum. now im nervous cuz i havent established i can be helpful as town
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 40, pisskop wrote:
mod:

if i 'essence rend' can i also use another power?
We can use multiple powers in one night phase? if i gained 2 "alert' spells would I be obligated to use them that night?
By default, all players are empowered to use as many spells as they like in one night, and obligated to use
all
the compulsive spells they have in the first phase which allows them to do so.
In post 41, JaeReed wrote:
@Nahdia does arcane theft get added to the book of whoever we cast at as well? Does it resolve before or after the lynch flips (as in, can we target the person being lynched to get their shit)?
Arcane Theft is not Dark Magic. It functions as any normal spell does. So yes, it will be added to the spellbook of whoever you cast it at.

It will successfully resolve before the flip occurs. In other words, if you were to target a player who was then lynched, you would be granted any abilities they have and they would then flip with Arcane Theft displayed in their spellbook.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:46 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

so yeah - use arcane theft before someone is lynched

GOOD SYNERGY with my ability that can be used non-consecutive days
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Post by Impoetic »

yup!!

also just finished reading the first post in the scum PT rip rip rip. I see why dunnstral was so sure about the dark magic thing before >_<

nahdia put the spellbooks outside the spoiler tags so we could keep track of them :D nice
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:08 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 45, Impoetic wrote:nahdia put the spellbooks outside the spoiler tags so we could keep track of them :D nice

<3 <3 <3 Nahdia
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by pisskop »

mmm I wasnt sure this game would go anywhere -it still may not- but were making good progress.

Theres enough shade out to line up lynches.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by pisskop »

So do I target one of you guys with ALERT or do I wink at somebody town?

I think I could do nos or fire or chara
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

What good would alert do though