Micro 660: Triplicate Mafia - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also Wobuffet was online earlier today so I'm down to lynch him, even if Courage is the all-town group then he's still the better lynch over lane
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:26 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I don't like how SAJ gives the early townreads on his whole group, he's playing too nice it reads like he's not interested in finding scum

it's probably SAJ+Howard
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:29 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I think power is most likely to have 3 town as well actually

Just that we gotta lynch somebody.

I want Howard + Wobafett dead in the other groups
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:56 pm

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

In post 122, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 52, Secret Agent Jin wrote:Anyways, have you played triplicate mafia before? This is a pretty unique setup for me and i like it. It puts a fresh spin on the game.
SAJ, how does this question help you find scum?
It doesnt help me find scum but it was a welcoming post. I try to be nice to start things off.
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:00 pm

In post 127, Dunnstral wrote:I think power is most likely to have 3 town as well actually

Just that we gotta lynch somebody.

I want Howard + Wobafett dead in the other groups
If Woba was online but didnt post today like lion said, i could see them being a lynch target.

So, seeing as we both townread Arc, what do you think about me putting my vote on you and letting Arc decide between us since your vote is already on me?
DeathByWobbuffet
DeathByWobbuffet
Townie
DeathByWobbuffet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:39 am

Post by DeathByWobbuffet »

Here, reading through the thread now.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:51 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Early going "cases" may not be strong, but its content worth referencing now and later. I knew the rules and they were clarified before my return. What reactions would have given you what reads? An attempted quick hammer would have been a possible tell or could be attempted to be used by scum to place suspicion on the townie who actually knew the mechanics. As town knowing the rules there's no reason not to vote; even if I didn't know the rules that's at best a null. As scum there's no harm to you voting, knowing or not knowing, with an advantage to knowing. The contradictory responses don't change my vote. Interaction and following in - 115 noted.

FOS: GuiltyLion
His entrance is soft push on FrankJaeger and possible buddying with Gamma Emerald. Then his most recent appearance is a poor and complete reversal on FrankJaeger with more buddying and echoing others. Group re-read pending DeathByWobbuffet's post since lane0168 has previously been the only active participant.

Re-examining the Power (ArcAngel9, Dunnstral, Secret Agent Jin) group.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:54 am

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 131, HowardRoark wrote:Early going "cases" may not be strong, but its content worth referencing now and later. I knew the rules and they were clarified before my return. What reactions would have given you what reads? An attempted quick hammer would have been a possible tell or could be attempted to be used by scum to place suspicion on the townie who actually knew the mechanics. As town knowing the rules there's no reason not to vote; even if I didn't know the rules that's at best a null.
As scum there's no harm to you voting, knowing or not knowing, with an advantage to knowing.
The contradictory responses don't change my vote. Interaction and following in - 115 noted.

FOS: GuiltyLion
His entrance is soft push on FrankJaeger and possible buddying with Gamma Emerald. Then his most recent appearance is a poor and complete reversal on FrankJaeger with more buddying and echoing others. Group re-read pending DeathByWobbuffet's post since lane0168 has previously been the only active participant.

Re-examining the Power (ArcAngel9, Dunnstral, Secret Agent Jin) group.
No reason not to vote=your reason for voting? Is this pretty much what your saying?

Why didnt you wait?

Can you rephrase the bolded portion?

You calling something contradictory is fine, but I have no idea what youre talking about.
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:17 am

Post by FrankJaeger »

Youre*
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:43 am

Post by HowardRoark »

@FrankJaeger: My initial vote, since there was no concern of a quick hammer was purely RVS; thus mocking your "coin flip" decision. My current vote on you is serious.
Poorly worded and not sure if this will be better. If you are scum there is no harm in voting first. If the second vote was placed, you could quickly call that person out as scum for the quick hammer. Then, "oops I didn't understand the rules." (That's the advantage to knowing part.)
Not knowing the mechanics, as you stated, you cannot explain your way out of your failed attempt at a mislynch today. I see no explanation for what you're attempting to pass off as a town gambit. You didn't even un/change vote when calling me scum. If you were really concerned about a scum quick hammer, why provide Gamma Emerald with the chance to do the same. Contradictions. Digging your hole deeper. You grabbed the rope and tied a noose.
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:56 am

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 134, HowardRoark wrote:@FrankJaeger: My initial vote, since there was no concern of a quick hammer was purely RVS; thus mocking your "coin flip" decision. My current vote on you is serious.
Poorly worded and not sure if this will be better. If you are scum there is no harm in voting first. If the second vote was placed, you could quickly call that person out as scum for the quick hammer. Then, "oops I didn't understand the rules." (That's the advantage to knowing part.)
Not knowing the mechanics, as you stated, you cannot explain your way out of your failed attempt at a mislynch today. I see no explanation for what you're attempting to pass off as a town gambit. You didn't even un/change vote when calling me scum. If you were really concerned about a scum quick hammer, why provide Gamma Emerald with the chance to do the same. Contradictions. Digging your hole deeper. You grabbed the rope and tied a noose.
So it went from "no reason not to" to "rvs"...

Why would you vote here, so fast, unless you knew gamma was town? You aren't explaining this part.

Me misunderstanding the rules does not discredit my read at all. A town would be more cautious in any case.

Why would I unvote you?

Why call this a gambit?

I wasnt worried about a quick scum hammer at all...Ive made that super clear. I also stated
why
I wasnt worried about it. in fact that goes against my whole point...

Why make that up?

So if thats your "contradiction", thats pretty weak.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:15 am

Post by lane0168 »

Frank still hasn't explained clearly enough for me why his vote was ok and Howards was bad. I gotta go back and see if I just wasn't understanding the explanation but I think he's the scum there
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:17 am

Post by lane0168 »

Dbw is either a very slow reader, or doesn't understand that posting about the game is a pretty big part of the game. I don't think it takes 5 hours for 6 pages
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:49 am

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 136, lane0168 wrote:Frank still hasn't explained clearly enough for me why his vote was ok and Howards was bad. I gotta go back and see if I just wasn't understanding the explanation but I think he's the scum there
Jeez well idk how else to put it
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:52 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Are
"no reason not to"
and
"rvs"
mutually exclusive? No. My vote was
random
with
no reason not to
vote because I understood the mechanics. So why wouldn't/shouldn't I vote quickly? Or anyone else for that matter. No need to discredit your read, just pointing out your actions and why you are scum.
In post 7, FrankJaeger wrote:VOTE: howard
Flipped a coin.
How is this different than my vote? It. Is. Not.
In post 13, FrankJaeger wrote:Town wouldnt vote like that.
I could just jump right over and lynch gamma right now.
Isnt that what you want me to do?
You believe that a second vote would cause a lynch, believe you caught scum, don't unvote. Makes. No. Sense.
In post 17, Gamma Emerald wrote:Day doesn't end until all groups lynch.
So you can hammer and not fully lynch.
In post 23, FrankJaeger wrote:I over looked that rule
Now you know.
In post 78, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Frank: why did you call out Howard for voting?
In post 94, FrankJaeger wrote:Me and Howard are in 2 different positions. My vote was literally random.
I dont think town would have voted at all in his position.
Scum has several reasons they would do what he did.
BUT I was more interested in his reply. Which was what exactly?
(see below for "difference" I guess. *shrug*) What reply/reaction were you expecting and how would it have helped?
In post 104, FrankJaeger wrote:
In post 103, Gamma Emerald wrote:Apparently what Frank said about Howard doesn't apply to him. If you thought hammers were locked like that why would you even vote?
Thats exactly what I think. If he voted first I wouldnt have voted at all.
I hate saying reaction test. Because it skews the results.
Do you think town OR scum would have hammered there? So that doesnt really matter.
Nope . . . no "difference" reasoning here.
In post 108, FrankJaeger wrote:
In post 106, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 104, FrankJaeger wrote:Do you think town OR scum would have hammered there? So that doesnt really matter.
I don't get the question.
If you are town, you have to think there's a chance one of us is scum. Why would you give the opportunity to quickhammer to scum?
Well it got a reaction from everyone but the guy who mattered.
I agree, but I also realize the only person hammering is scum. Scum knows this too.
How was a reaction going to tell you anything?!?!?

You missed an important mechanic. Tried to be slick. Failed. I'm done with you. Need to focus on the other groups now.
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:04 am

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 139, HowardRoark wrote:Are
"no reason not to"
and
"rvs"
mutually exclusive? No. My vote was
random
with
no reason not to
vote because I understood the mechanics. So why wouldn't/shouldn't I vote quickly? Or anyone else for that matter. No need to discredit your read, just pointing out your actions and why you are scum.
In post 7, FrankJaeger wrote:VOTE: howard
Flipped a coin.
How is this different than my vote? It. Is. Not.
In post 13, FrankJaeger wrote:Town wouldnt vote like that.
I could just jump right over and lynch gamma right now.
Isnt that what you want me to do?
You believe that a second vote would cause a lynch, believe you caught scum, don't unvote. Makes. No. Sense.
In post 17, Gamma Emerald wrote:Day doesn't end until all groups lynch.
So you can hammer and not fully lynch.
In post 23, FrankJaeger wrote:I over looked that rule
Now you know.
In post 78, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Frank: why did you call out Howard for voting?
In post 94, FrankJaeger wrote:Me and Howard are in 2 different positions. My vote was literally random.
I dont think town would have voted at all in his position.
Scum has several reasons they would do what he did.
BUT I was more interested in his reply. Which was what exactly?
(see below for "difference" I guess. *shrug*) What reply/reaction were you expecting and how would it have helped?
In post 104, FrankJaeger wrote:
In post 103, Gamma Emerald wrote:Apparently what Frank said about Howard doesn't apply to him. If you thought hammers were locked like that why would you even vote?
Thats exactly what I think. If he voted first I wouldnt have voted at all.
I hate saying reaction test. Because it skews the results.
Do you think town OR scum would have hammered there? So that doesnt really matter.
Nope . . . no "difference" reasoning here.
In post 108, FrankJaeger wrote:
In post 106, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 104, FrankJaeger wrote:Do you think town OR scum would have hammered there? So that doesnt really matter.
I don't get the question.
If you are town, you have to think there's a chance one of us is scum. Why would you give the opportunity to quickhammer to scum?
Well it got a reaction from everyone but the guy who mattered.
I agree, but I also realize the only person hammering is scum. Scum knows this too.
How was a reaction going to tell you anything?!?!?

You missed an important mechanic. Tried to be slick. Failed. I'm done with you. Need to focus on the other groups now.
Tried to be slick about what? You keep alluding to this without saying what it is.

Part of your read on me is because I think youre scum and didnt unvote you. Why would I want to unvote you?

You are habitually framing the convo inaccuratly, and asking me empty questions.

My point is clear.

I voted. Town would probably wait and see what happens after that right? Nope howard doesnt even question a thing.

Scum would do EXACTLY as he did.

Your whole reaction to this thing stinks. More reason to not unvote.

So cock sure im scum, you arent even going to question gamma? Smelly.
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:12 am

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 79, HowardRoark wrote:
I agree with the case against ArcAngel9. If not locked into groups today, that would be my current vote.
See, this post just makes me think youre making things up.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Frank is full of hot air. He's trying to substantiate his read on Howard but any means necessary. It's pretty bad. So dbw gets lynched, Frank, and arc. That's my votes
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 129, Secret Agent Jin wrote:So, seeing as we both townread Arc, what do you think about me putting my vote on you and letting Arc decide between us since your vote is already on me?

Why would you ask me

VOTE: ArcAngel9

I've changed my mind here though so you should take a second look as well
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Power
ArcAngel9 (1)-
Dunnstral
Dunnstral (0)-

Secret Agent Jin (0)-

Not Voting (2)-
ArcAngel9, Secret Agent Jin

Wisdom
FrankJaeger (2)-
HowardRoark, Gamma Emerald
HowardRoark (1)-
FrankJaeger
Gamma Emerald (0)-

Not Voting (0)-

Courage
DeathByWobbuffet (1)-
lane0168
GuiltyLion (0)-

lane0168 (0)-

Not Voting (2)-
DeathByWobbuffet, GuiltyLion

Deadline is in
(expired on 2016-11-29 13:00:00)
- Nov 29th 13:00 GMT
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:04 pm

If you look at Arc's posts throughout the game they look like she is suspicious of a few people and trying to pin down scum quickly which is townleaning. When you ISO her though and those posts are all in a row, she looks like she is fairly scummy considering she pointed at multiple people in just 8 posts. She looks too eager to me. I mean, no matter the outcome we HAVE to decide on three lynches.

VOTE: ArcAngel
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:13 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

In post 142, lane0168 wrote:Frank is full of hot air. He's trying to substantiate his read on Howard but any means necessary. It's pretty bad. So dbw gets lynched, Frank, and arc. That's my votes
His read on me is bad. He hasnt retorted anything ive said about his case.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

UNVOTE:
Ok that jump-on was pretty scummy considering you were talking about how she was town

Unvoting because we're at l-1 or whatever and I want to let arc talk and see if saj is scum after all
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:17 pm

In post 147, Dunnstral wrote:UNVOTE:
Ok that jump-on was pretty scummy considering you were talking about how she was town

Unvoting because we're at l-1 or whatever and I want to let arc talk and see if saj is scum after all
After you said to look at her posts i ISO'd her and she has a couple posts toward me that make it seem like i am scummy, namely "are you trying to twist my words" and accusing me of buddying. After that she jumps on lane's case about ruining her reaction test and continues to write messages about him. To tell you the truth, i would have never been suspicious of Arc if it wasnt for you asking me to review her posts and voting her. You know i townread her and even said that her posts looked innocent to me. If you had not made me question my read and made me second guess myself then i would have never voted her. Is this your way of making me look suspicious and scummy? Is this how you are going to convince Arc to vote me? Are you town? You know i am newer and inexperienced so you tricked me and made me trust your word that there was something i wasnt catching within Arc's posts. You know i am bad at reading players since i am new to this site and you played me. I am just upset at you for doing that to me, i thought you are suppose to help new players. Ill be back after awhile when i am cooled down.

@Arc I am sorry i voted you, i townread you and he played me into changing my mind. I thought Power group was the all-town group but i dont know anymore about Dunn.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Dunn
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Uh what

You're not making sense. I never tricked yoy. I asked you to take a look at her posts because I thought she was more likely than you, but then you vote right away and use your
own reasoning
to justify the vote

Hint: If I'm scum I just let arc get lynched

And there WAS something about Arc's posts. It's just your reaction to it kind of sucked so I UNVOTED (I didn't even vote you) in order to ensure courage group wouldn't hammer the lurker locking everyone in

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”