Newbie 1758 - Symmetry (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:43 am

Post by Hellfire Missile »

In post 153, Joshz wrote:I'm not freaking out. I have accepted that I'm not going to enjoy this game.
He gives up.
In post 212, Joshz wrote:Gut mostly, if I had a real case I'd post it
see? this is why i pointed it out.
"real case i'd post it"
"real"
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Loopdan »

@HM-- Why do you think him giving up is more likely to come from a scum point of view than a town point of view?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:57 am

Post by Locust »

In post 348, Sobolev Space wrote:Sigh. I'm up at 3AM doing work might as well check this game. I'm pretty sleep deprived so feel free to ask for clarification if I word anything confusingly or am not making sense.
Get some sleep you won't do your best work at 3am!
If we lynched you and you flipped scum I could see a convincing argument for Sequencer being your partner.
I would like to know what that argument would be. I have seen Humans vote move about a fair bit which could be scum trying to wagon, but Human was the first off my Wagon and at the moment I am given to believe Humans actions are pro town.
The past few pages I've actually had a bit of a gut read on Loopdan as scum but I can't see any super scummy posts of his jumping out at me. I'll do a more careful analysis of this tomorrow when I have time to see if my priors are at all justified. Aside from that I think Sequencer leans a bit scum for reasons HR has pointed out. I could see a Loopdan/Jackel scumteam or Sequencer with someone like Psyche or HM. I said above that Joshz is null for me but I really can't see Joshz as a scumbuddy with anyone in the game rn. Again, all of this is just gut so take it with a grain of salt until we have more info.
The only thing that worries me about Joshz at the moment is the amount he is budding up to me. I don't think he is scum, but if he is the fact he is pegging me so hard for town (don't laugh at the innuendo it is just the way I speak) means I will look dirty should he flip scum at any point. Jackel I am finding little content to read on (at least he said he hasn't got much time today) and can't see where your link to Loopdan is but if its gut then its gut.
Agree with this 100%. I think we should give Psyche the benefit of the doubt if he starts to make more posts or gets replaced. A day 1 mislynch on the IC slot is basically the best case scenario for scumteam so we should avoid it if we can. Unfortunately, unless Psyche picks up or gets replaced we might have no better option.
I mean you and Psyche could be a scum team. You didn't have a vote on the wagon where the hammer nearly dropped. A day one mislynch on the IC slot would be bad I fully agree, but unless we get action or a replacement then the slot is anti town.
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Locust »

In post 351, Human Sequencer wrote:looks like sobolev is acting
looks like locust is acting
<snip>
sololev is scum, best lynch
VOTE: sobolev space
I would like to know why you think I am acting? I have no history on this site to be compared against so what about my post seems fake?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:19 am

Post by Locust »

In post 368, Human Sequencer wrote:-shrug-
VOTE: Psyche
l-1

really wouldn't mind murderballing sobolev tomorrow
In post 369, Loopdan wrote:UNVOTE:

That moved too quickly.
Yes it did. I know you guys have a holiday coming up, but I think we can wait a bit longer for Psyche to return.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 370, Loopdan wrote:@Joshz-- Please explain how locust is guaranteed town.
He is town. I have nothing to cite. He is town and I know I'm not wrong.

What me saying this means is that he should NEVER BE lynched unless I am both killed and flip red (which, while not true, will happen at some point with how amazing this game is). This is because there is nothing to gain from his flip. If it's green that doesn't clear me and if it were to be red it wouldn't even help a ton. So what needs to happen if you want to lynch him is to lynch me first, pand once you see my green flip any doc we have needs to be on him. I don't even think his wagon has to be scum made but it's a bad wagon, almost as bad as mine. The best wagon this game is Psyche but I don't think policy lynching him is a good idea. Sobolev and HM both have merits but if you isolate HM it just seems really really fake and empty and frankly brushing that off and ignoring the topic makes him seem all the better to lynch.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:11 am

Post by HowardRoark »

@Joshz: Why do you have to make it personal? I'm trying to understand your methods and reads. Pairings without reason carry little weight and don't make for good utilization D2 if you aren't around to explain them.

@Loopdan: There are several lurker slots that are low probability NK targets. If people don't get it into gear, we will easily lose.

@Hellfire Missile: Content means posting your reads and analysis, questioning and pushing players. Your read is your read. The judgement of its quality can be argued and makes for meaningful content. Ultimately, its quality is based on a reveal, but holding back is generally considered anti-town. Today's lynch and tonight's results coupled with today's conversation will be the basis for tomorrow's discussion. Don't focus on only one slot.

@Jackel98: What is more scum? Inoffensive? Inactivity? Naked votes? Defensiveness?

@Locust: It would be helpful if you could please keep the poster or number in your quotes.
I have what I think is a good reason but didn't want to draw attention to it. Since you are, perhaps it was simply a misspelling. The part that doesn't add up is the play of DayahaangRai.
If you want to wait for Psyche to return, then let's talk alternatives.

Doing some rereading and making a ranked list.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:12 am

In post 380, Joshz wrote:
In post 370, Loopdan wrote:@Joshz-- Please explain how locust is guaranteed town.
He is town. I have nothing to cite. He is town and I know I'm not wrong.

What me saying this means is that he should NEVER BE lynched unless I am both killed and flip red (which, while not true, will happen at some point with how amazing this game is). This is because there is nothing to gain from his flip. If it's green that doesn't clear me and if it were to be red it wouldn't even help a ton. So what needs to happen if you want to lynch him is to lynch me first, pand once you see my green flip any doc we have needs to be on him. I don't even think his wagon has to be scum made but it's a bad wagon, almost as bad as mine. The best wagon this game is Psyche but I don't think policy lynching him is a good idea. Sobolev and HM both have merits but if you isolate HM it just seems really really fake and empty and frankly brushing that off and ignoring the topic makes him seem all the better to lynch.
screw you.
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:17 am

In post 376, Loopdan wrote:@HM-- Why do you think him giving up is more likely to come from a scum point of view than a town point of view?
because town know that if they're night killed or lynched the town loses what i think of like a life. 2 mafia (right the table confuses me), and the rest are townie (6 players?) so if a mislynch and a night kill happen on day 1 the town loses 2 members, down to 2v4. another mislynch turns into turns into 3v2 (Mylo? something lo? forgot) but then another night kill means 2v2, mafia wins. (look it maybe this was a bad idea but I read the wiki and discovered all this okay fuck you joshz).

Town doesn't wanna get lynched because then if they do its another life lost and the mafia win comes closer to winning, while a good(correct?) lynch means 1v6, night kill 1v5, then the town gets more time to decide(?)

that's my reason
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:19 am

In post 383, Hellfire Missile wrote:
In post 376, Loopdan wrote:@HM-- Why do you think him giving up is more likely to come from a scum point of view than a town point of view?
because town know that if they're night killed or lynched the town loses what i think of like a life. 2 mafia (right the table confuses me), and the rest are townie (6 players?) so if a mislynch and a night kill happen on day 1 the town loses 2 members, down to 2v4. another mislynch turns into turns into 3v2 (Mylo? something lo? forgot) but then another night kill means 2v2, mafia wins. (look it maybe this was a bad idea but I read the wiki and discovered all this okay fuck you joshz).

Town doesn't wanna get lynched because then if they do its another life lost and the mafia win comes closer to winning, while a good(correct?) lynch means 1v6, night kill 1v5, then the town gets more time to decide(?)

that's my reason
"2-mafia and 7-town setup"

nvm but my point still stands
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

this game is slower than a turtle in zero g
i'm dtl psyche or sobolev, maybe jackel
who's with me?
nah
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:31 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Not lynching

HowardRoark
Locust
Loopdan

Hmmmm . . .

Sobolev Space
Human Sequencer

Short leash D2

Hellfire Missile
Joshz

Want lynched

Jackel98
Psyche

In post 348, Sobolev Space wrote:If we lynched you and you flipped scum I could see a convincing argument for Sequencer being your partner.
Please elaborate.
In post 348, Sobolev Space wrote:A day 1 mislynch on the IC slot is basically the best case scenario for scumteam
Explain please.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:38 am

dude that's a great list
i'm gonna use that for many games to come

not lynching

Human
Howard
Loopdan
Locust

kinda towny

joshz

d2 candidates

hellfire

dtl

psyche
sobolev
jackel

i'm a lot more divisive though

why don't we all post our lynchables, and if we have one person on 5 lynchables, there's our lynch?
nah
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:40 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Sorry, posted instead of previewed before including my reasons . . .

Psyche is without content. Jackel98 is little content.

I'm giving a D1 pass to Joshz and Hellfire Missile as newer players. Joshz is posting content despite being on and off of my radar.

Every time I read Sobolev Space and Human Sequencer, I find little things but nothing that sways me hard either way.

I've already given reason for Locust. Loopdan has generally been a town read for me.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Joshz »

Well lynching the IC for scum is great because the theoretical best player is gone right out of the gate, and in this case lynching psyche doesn't even give town much info.

@howard sorry that's how I type lol nothing against hm or anyone (bar maybe rai) as a person. And hm, lylo means town needs to lynch scum or they lose. Mylo means they need to not lynch a townie. So basically in Mylo you can afford a no lynch, whereas in lylo you can't.

I don't expect a mafia flip today anyways though. We need 5 out of 7 townies on a mafia wagon for that to happen. If one of those townies is afk (Psyche) we need 5 of 6. Considering how this game has been I don't expect townies to be thst organized so what will probably happen is a mislynch. I've never played a 9 person game and it seems more mafia sides with a smaller pool imo.

Jackel is a weird case. I believe he's town and town read him. However, he's been on every wagon that I don't like and ND he just feels different. So I'm conflicted.

What I think needs to happen is a lynch on someone who hasn't been wagoned, probably Loopdan though ideally Howard from my perspective. Mafia is in control of this game and that's how we will take control back.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:44 am

yeah lets wagon one of the two towniest players lol
why not
nah
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:44 am

@Mod Are you gonna look for a replacement for our IC.

He hasn't responded to your prod.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:47 am

Post by Joshz »

I don't see how either are the towniest
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Joshz »

But when whatever wagon you guys go for ends in a town flip I'll chuckle
Jackel98
Jackel98
Goon
Jackel98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:44 am

Post by Jackel98 »

I remembered that there were questions for me.

@294
Howard, Joshz has now made two references to PRs that no VT would know to exist in our current game.

@381
I'd say that intentional inoffensiveness is the worst. It is playing selfishly, even more so than being defensive. Lying as town is still the worst, however.
“Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.”
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:45 am

Post by Loopdan »

@Xalxe
-- Requesting a Day 1 deadline extension if our IC is replaced. Thank you.

If Psyche is town, he probably shouldn't be allowed to IC.
Jackel98
Jackel98
Goon
Jackel98
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:45 am

Post by Jackel98 »

Josh, are you asking to be lynched?
“Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.”
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Joshz »

I'm asking town to stop getting walked on
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 397, Joshz wrote:I'm asking town to stop getting walked on
You keep talking like you are the only sighted person in a group of blind men.

So who are the two scum?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Xalxe »

I will begin seeking a replacement for
Psyche
. I do not intend to extend the deadline.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”