Mini 1855: Questionable Content Mafia - Game Over!

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by kraska77 »

In post 523, camn wrote:Side note- why is Socrates town for his inconsistency.. but I am scum for being "all over the place"?
Dunno but they felt different to me. I rtthunk it's because Socrates sounded like he really believes what hes saying whereas your votehopping felt more noncommittal and waggish
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Post by camn »

Oh. well, you dont have to be sad. Im town!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:36 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 511, SpyreX wrote:I'm tired work this week is gonna be like dealing with the kids at home only waay more obnoxious you
ive got 3 games rn a fourth im trying to mod offsite, and ive got my own meatjob and a videogame mod.

i got 4.5 hours sleep last night. :(
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:48 am

Post by SpyreX »

I got 5 I'm so much cooler and clearly have it waaay more together

Hold me
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:10 am

Post by camn »

Ha ha, suckers. I sleep as much as I want.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:30 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Nacho is a big ball of unhappiness for my stomach. I expected more from him in his posting today. In fact he’s doing exactly what troubles me about LUV – making very safe calls (Town reads, as previously stated, are the easiest reads for scum to make) and not engaging to a degree I expect as Town Nacho. I have to go read some recent games to see how Day 1 Nacho read to me there. I mean makes me think scum Nacho. You can’t call kraska’s summary on Camn the vaguest case ever when your Town read on Camn is “She’s happy”. And the reasoning that Camn isn’t capable of sticking out her neck is bad. Camn is very competent. Kraska’s response at is accurate.

Also on a good note I’m seeing lots of relational posting that will help long term. I need to go look up that old Buffy game to be sure but I’m leaning that Nacho and Camn aren’t partners. And LUV is not a Ari partner after .

Dislike most of for attempting to characterize what is clearly kraska’s posting style in all his games as somehow scum-indicative.

@Camn
– any reason you responded to but didn’t think to respond to my questions in ?

Oh and my vote stays absolutely parked on Jae for reasons below and . There is no reason given all his words in about how I am making bad pushes and contrived posts for him not to be voting me given he specifically asks for reasons for Ari to be scum in . Clearly he doesn’t see Ari as scum (given 515) but is willing to maybe vote him over someone he clearly reads as scum in me? He’s afraid of being called out for OMGUS given his read on me as scum has developed after I started pushing him.

--

In post 476, pisskop wrote:Ive been pretty standard Kop, Id argue.
I honestly don’t see why you think your posting should be impressive to Socrates. Clearly his playstyle and yours are vastly different.

--
In post 512, JaeReed wrote:That's the way he plays I think. I need to check his scum game to see if it's alignment indicative at all but currently him coming across as fence sitting and as more like he's trying to be the peacemaker is what I have seen from him in our previous game where he was town. When I read his posts I get the impression that he's looking for motivation behind people's postings, which is what town do.
I don’t get the sense he’s looking behind posts for motivation myself. I’ve already said myself that his whipsaw “LLD is Town no-one would fake such a difficult Post Restriction” stance is bad as it ignores plenty of possibilities of LLD as scum that are very reasonable. And he clearly has shown no interest in going to read the game I linked to as he has completely dropped the subject. To me this shows someone molding stances not actually scum-hunting. And that’s just the first example.
In post 512, JaeReed wrote:What? I DIDN'T SAY THAT'S WHY I DIDN'T DIVE YOU. I didn't dive you because YOUR OPENING DIDN'T FEEL STIFF TO ME. I said I wouldn't have dived you if I DID have a problem with it because I can remember the way you posted in Fire and Ice. Like, you're the one who focused on the add-on to it rather than the actual reason and asked for what games I've seen you in as though that was even relevant to the reason I didn't decide to dive you where I decided to skim SpyreX and Socrates.
See my issue is that I can’t see any consistency to the reasons you are giving for why you did meta diving on some players and not others. My opening this game was exceeding a-typical for MoI of any alignment. I’m sure Nacho can attest to that. And it clearly bears little resemblance to anything I did in Fire and Ice. I also still can’t connect at all to your thought process that Socrates entrance was “stiff”. In Large part I get the sense you were looking for posts you could characterize as suspect as opposed to really being interested in play-style departures.
In post 512, JaeReed wrote:No. I thought his tone was town because it's very much a "wow you guys suck at reading me" unapologetic tone. I don't think I actually saw any OMGUS from him back then either?
Your stance that he’s Town for ‘tone’ which is completely playstyle dependent is another reason I don’t see you as honestly drawing reads.

And you don’t see OMGUS in these exchanges?

Literally OMGUS at its finest. Doesn’t make him scum but clearly isn’t Town either. NAI.
In post 512, JaeReed wrote:What about that is scum posting? Because now it's seeming like you're just flinging stuff at the wall to see if it sticks. I'm also pretty sure that in context this was relevant to a discussion we were having, and I feel like you've kinda ripped it out of context? Still don't see how it would be scum posting regardless.
It is scum posting simply because you are trying to downplay that there is any reason for scum to talk pre-game. Scum have tons of reasons to coordinate pre-game. Sharing strengths weakness of Town players that they know. Coordinating how they are going to claim if pressured. Sharing theories about the Town make-up based on their known roles. The list of reasons goes on and on.

Yet you ‘in context’ were downplaying that there were players who confirmed to open the game yet didn’t first come to the main thread to post as meaningless. It isn’t.

@Nacho
– I’d specifically like you to weigh in on the last point I made and what you think of Jae given that.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:44 am

Post by Socrates »

Boy, Aristophanes accumulated 5 votes real fast, with at least one more stated 'unofficial' vote (Jae) and he's about due for a prod.

Don't like this. Not one bit.

Though if he's in the middle of committing the dreaded Double Flake, a scum-bus wouldn't just be possible, but probable.
Lil Uzi Vert wrote:It takes 6 to lynch right? Asking because I get this uneasy vibe with this group putting someone at L-1. If I had to describe it, it would be more bloodthirsty than reckless.

I have a completed scum game if anyone would like a look but yeah this is how I play. I understand it's not perfect and I'm working on that but it's a lot better than how I first started out on this site, which was try to imitate other people I saw and just try a whole bunch of things all at once. I got mislynched in all 4 of the games that I did that in.
The mod didn't spell this out, but it should be 7 to lynch with a clear majority in a 12 player game.

And that's a good attitude, if it's genuine! Say what you feel, and don't worry about catching heat for not being as bold as the others. A lot of their actions come from sheer familiarity with lots of different experiences, and if you aren't familiar, you SHOULD be asking questions.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:00 am

Post by Socrates »

Does this sig make me look fat?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:49 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

What do you think about Nacho's opening posts not commenting on Lady Lambdadelta, MagnaOfIllusion?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:34 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I know this is coming out of nowhere, but I have a theory. Everybody should claim their flavor name
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:36 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 530, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I honestly don’t see why you think your posting should be impressive to Socrates. Clearly his playstyle and yours are vastly different.
In post 481, pisskop wrote:But poking at him for chinks does.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Magna:
You keep saying I've given out town reads when if you read my ISO I clearly have not. I just said it be quite difficult for someone to fake that restriction due to how challenging it is for the average person to type grammatically correct. I will admit that I have thought about it some more and I'm starting to think giving such a restriction is sort of bastard for scum. Scum do want to stay under the radar but also want to be able to look town by faking content and I don't see the average person being able to do that with such a restriction. This leads me to think mods wouldn't give scum such a restriction. Just a theory though. I'm still unsure about LLD's alignment which is why I strongly still encourage an investigate role to confirm her.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

We just got approved for overtime for this week that I'm taking advantage of; had about an hour to do what I wanted when I got home today and needed it to close out a game in LyLo offsite; will be here tomorrow.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 534, Dunnstral wrote:I know this is coming out of nowhere, but I have a theory. Everybody should claim their flavor name
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by pisskop »

I am peanut brittlr
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by camn »

I love flavor massclaim!

Im May.
Im getting a new face right now.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I'll be here soon. What is this talk of massclaim and why!?
Games should generally not be flavour broken, so what's the point?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Why should we follow your theory, Dunn?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Phone post - the better question is why didn't Dunn claim his flavor when he made the request if he's in favor of the mass flavor claim?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by camn »

In post 541, Aristophanes wrote:what's the point?
Its fun?
Plus. . early flavor claims lock the scum into a single route of fakeclaiming.
I have certainly lost games as scum screwing up my fakes.

Agree with Moi. But wanna see it play out.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

UNVOTE:
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 543, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Phone post - the better question is why didn't Dunn claim his flavor when he made the request if he's in favor of the mass flavor claim?
I have a likely answer, but I guess I'll wait to see his.
camn wrote:
In post 541, Aristophanes wrote:what's the point?
Its fun?
Plus. . early flavor claims lock the scum into a single route of fakeclaiming.
I have certainly lost games as scum screwing up my fakes.

Agree with Moi. But wanna see it play out.
Good enough for me I guess.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 542, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Why should we follow your theory, Dunn?
Because I said so and I'm trying to help town

I've already unvoted camn from it
In post 543, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Phone post - the better question is why didn't Dunn claim his flavor when he made the request if he's in favor of the mass flavor claim?
Because it doesn't help me honestly

But just to be fair I'll claim as well, I'm Faye
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I don't think game is flavour breakable but for funsies, I'm Dora!

I'll respond to other stuff tomorrow. Maybe later today if I feel in the mindframe to play, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for that.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Dunn:
Your tone doesn't make me feel less at ease but I'll consider it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”