Mini 1855: Questionable Content Mafia - Game Over!

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 549, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
Dunn:
Your tone doesn't make me feel more at ease but I'll consider it.
EBWOP
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:47 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 547, Dunnstral wrote:Because it doesn't help me honestly

But just to be fair I'll claim as well, I'm Faye
I don’t particularly care whether it “helps you” or not to claim your flavor. I can see very few Pro-Town reasons for a flavor mass-claim request that don’t start with the requestor making their own claim right up front.

I’m Marten. Sorry to everyone that I got the cool main character and you didn’t! *

* - Disclaimer … I’m not actually sorry.

--
In post 533, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:What do you think about Nacho's opening posts not commenting on Lady Lambdadelta, MagnaOfIllusion?
Well the fact that I’ve expressed unhappiness with the depth of Nacho’s contributions so far should cover this generally. Is there any reason you think Nacho should be mentioning you? He doesn’t mention me either or most of the player-list in that post.

--
In post 536, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:@Magna: You keep saying I've given out town reads when if you read my ISO I clearly have not. I just said it be quite difficult for someone to fake that restriction due to how challenging it is for the average person to type grammatically correct. I will admit that I have thought about it some more and I'm starting to think giving such a restriction is sort of bastard for scum. Scum do want to stay under the radar but also want to be able to look town by faking content and I don't see the average person being able to do that with such a restriction. This leads me to think mods wouldn't give scum such a restriction. Just a theory though. I'm still unsure about LLD's alignment which is why I strongly still encourage an investigate role to confirm her.
This response doesn’t make me any more confident about your alignment LUV. My beef with you is that you’ve given little in the way of reads and what I was giving you credit for you are now arguing you were not actually giving. So you are basically saying “I’m providing even less readable content than you are suggesting MoI” which is not good.

Who are your Town reads? Who are your scum reads?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:48 am

Post by pisskop »

I kind of want Uzi Lynched
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:01 am

Post by SpyreX »

Pfft I'm the best character
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:02 am

Post by pisskop »

I ummm, I dont know who I am. Somebody. I think a skinny chick? Or maybe a dude? Somebody with a chair?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Is come far enough that I'm not excited and whomever started this better have a reason more than lols

I'm bubbles the best character
Show

Proud member of BaM
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by pisskop »

:|

you expressed your doubts but still claim?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yep. After that many it needs to happen. Then a reason for it to be delivered
Show

Proud member of BaM
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by pisskop »

After ... like 3?

You know i didnt claim, rite?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:06 pm

In post 558, pisskop wrote:After ... like 3?

We've had claims of Sven, Faye, May, Dora and Marten made before Spyrex claimed Bubbles. We also had a soft of Mrs. Reed from Nacho.

Half the game has flavor claimed so at this point no reason not to finish the deal.

And sorry Spyrex - Bubbles is cool but only has been in the last 200 or so strips. Marten has been being awesome for 3K+ strips. I mean ... maybe you could make a Hannelore argument if you were her ...

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by pisskop »

Im Chibi AI, not quite and asshole
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Spoiler: response to magna
In post 530, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Oh and my vote stays absolutely parked on Jae for reasons below and . There is no reason given all his words in about how I am making bad pushes and contrived posts for him not to be voting me given he specifically asks for reasons for Ari to be scum in . Clearly he doesn’t see Ari as scum (given 515) but is willing to maybe vote him over someone he clearly reads as scum in me? He’s afraid of being called out for OMGUS given his read on me as scum has developed after I started pushing him.
I really couldn't care less if people think my vote is OMGUS or not. I feel I have very valid reasons to scumread you. That being said, I am concerned
myself
about whether it's OMGUS because that kind of thing tends to mess with reads. Not to mention I was still very much in a bad place emotionally (hence the V/LA) so I figured I'd wait and see the follow up. Yours still reads to me as starting with a read on me and working backwards.

As far as Ari, I don't see him as anything right now, but I do know he has a reputation for lurking as scum. I wanted to know if that was the basis for the votes on him or whether it was more to do with IAI and Ari's first posts (in which case I'm missing something).
In post 512, JaeReed wrote:That's the way he plays I think. I need to check his scum game to see if it's alignment indicative at all but currently him coming across as fence sitting and as more like he's trying to be the peacemaker is what I have seen from him in our previous game where he was town. When I read his posts I get the impression that he's looking for motivation behind people's postings, which is what town do.
I don’t get the sense he’s looking behind posts for motivation myself. I’ve already said myself that his whipsaw “LLD is Town no-one would fake such a difficult Post Restriction” stance is bad as it ignores plenty of possibilities of LLD as scum that are very reasonable. And he clearly has shown no interest in going to read the game I linked to as he has completely dropped the subject. To me this shows someone molding stances not actually scum-hunting. And that’s just the first example.
I do get that sense, and I explained why I do with post examples, which you are ignoring completely to make generalized statements. Plus a blatant misrep. I just went through his ISO and at no point ever did he say LLD was town. In fact he showed express dislike for the potential for her claim to further a scum goal through excusing low content, and called for an investigate on her. And honestly? You linking that game felt a lot like you were focusing on a point of the post that was largely irrelevant to the big picture. Lots of people think her restriction is real. Why? Her rage is real. The game you linked actually serves as supporting evidence as the dude faking his restriction there didn't seem to have strong feelings about it. Regardless, he has repeatedly called for a solid clear/guilty on LLD from the start, and has never said she's town, but more that he thinks her restriction is real. Just like others have said. You're not jumping down everyone's throat for it, you're jumping down the lynchbait's throat for it. That's a scum move.
In post 512, JaeReed wrote:What? I DIDN'T SAY THAT'S WHY I DIDN'T DIVE YOU. I didn't dive you because YOUR OPENING DIDN'T FEEL STIFF TO ME. I said I wouldn't have dived you if I DID have a problem with it because I can remember the way you posted in Fire and Ice. Like, you're the one who focused on the add-on to it rather than the actual reason and asked for what games I've seen you in as though that was even relevant to the reason I didn't decide to dive you where I decided to skim SpyreX and Socrates.
See my issue is that I can’t see any consistency to the reasons you are giving for why you did meta diving on some players and not others. My opening this game was exceeding a-typical for MoI of any alignment. I’m sure Nacho can attest to that. And it clearly bears little resemblance to anything I did in Fire and Ice. I also still can’t connect at all to your thought process that Socrates entrance was “stiff”. In Large part I get the sense you were looking for posts you could characterize as suspect as opposed to really being interested in play-style departures.
I wasn't looking for playstyle departures in my first read of opening posts. I was looking for easygoing tone and playfulness because it has been a tell I've used in the past to find town. You're again forcing a narrative. I dived the openings I did not find easygoing/playful/couldn't get an emotional or gut read from, because that is what I mean when I say "stiff". If all their posting in every game I skim reads the same to me I'm just going to assume they're naturally a person that will come off that way in their posts. You're pushing a narrative that doesn't exist.
In post 512, JaeReed wrote:No. I thought his tone was town because it's very much a "wow you guys suck at reading me" unapologetic tone. I don't think I actually saw any OMGUS from him back then either?
Your stance that he’s Town for ‘tone’ which is completely playstyle dependent is another reason I don’t see you as honestly drawing reads.

And you don’t see OMGUS in these exchanges?

Literally OMGUS at its finest. Doesn’t make him scum but clearly isn’t Town either. NAI.
Honestly, those votes pretty much just read as "pisskop" to me, considering he hadn't read up yet there's clearly no basis behind the vote nor is there meant to be any. Regardless, you're the one who seemed to have an issue with the votes being OMGUS, then you've turned around and declared they're NAI. So my point stands that his tone in his is townie to me. Reading someone based off their tone is not an invalid way to read. I'm pretty sure you should know that, as well. GENERAL tone is playstyle dependent. What I read in his post was exasperation at the bad logic and misreading of him, which is a much harder thing for scum to fake.
In post 512, JaeReed wrote:What about that is scum posting? Because now it's seeming like you're just flinging stuff at the wall to see if it sticks. I'm also pretty sure that in context this was relevant to a discussion we were having, and I feel like you've kinda ripped it out of context? Still don't see how it would be scum posting regardless.
It is scum posting simply because you are trying to downplay that there is any reason for scum to talk pre-game. Scum have tons of reasons to coordinate pre-game. Sharing strengths weakness of Town players that they know. Coordinating how they are going to claim if pressured. Sharing theories about the Town make-up based on their known roles. The list of reasons goes on and on.

Yet you ‘in context’ were downplaying that there were players who confirmed to open the game yet didn’t first come to the main thread to post as meaningless. It isn’t.
In context, the post was this:
In post 364, JaeReed wrote:^ it's kinda moonlogic, camn. Like why would scum admit to that for one? You'd just ignore it wouldn't you? Also like even if you did go to talk in the scum pt first there's nothing to say you confirmed before the game actually began and not just before you made your first post in thread, y'know?
In context I was responding to camn's push on kraska over taking 10 minutes since the game started (presumably because someone PM confirmed) to make her first post, then saying she confirmed via PM. Not only did you cut out the first part of my post in order to then say "this is scumposting" (a nice generalization so that later you can elaborate without the post in question being easily accessible, where people will just assume the false narrative you're pushing is the truth) but you also then lie here about what I was getting at.

What I was trying to say to camn here, in context with both the entirety of my post and the posts before it, is that her logic on kraska confirming via PM and then spending 10 minutes in the scum PT was a bit out there in terms of relevancy. The fact that there was no solid time that kraska supposedly confirmed was one point. She very likely could have confirmed after the game already started, which makes the point null, and it's not a provable point, therefore it's not solid enough for a foundation of any kind of read. It's pure conjecture.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:11 pm

In post 560, pisskop wrote:Im Chibi AI, not quite and asshole
That's not your character flavor although I know who you are talking about I think ...

:?

JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 531, Socrates wrote:Boy, Aristophanes accumulated 5 votes real fast, with at least one more stated 'unofficial' vote (Jae) and he's about due for a prod.

Don't like this. Not one bit.
Gods, this reads as so fake though.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by pisskop »

Lets lynch it.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 537, Nachomamma8 wrote:We just got approved for overtime for this week that I'm taking advantage of; had about an hour to do what I wanted when I got home today and needed it to close out a game in LyLo offsite; will be here tomorrow.
Hi, do something today please.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by pisskop »

Lets kynch it.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 547, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 542, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Why should we follow your theory, Dunn?
Because I said so and I'm trying to help town

I've already unvoted camn from it
Don't like this. If a flavor claim is enough to make you unvote someone then there was no case to begin with. Game will not be breakable through mass flavor claim. I have faith in DS on this one.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by JaeReed »

VOTE: MoI

Alright, I'm caught up. pisskop have you read the whole game or don't plan to?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm not going to do things today because I'm addicted to the euphoria of breaking promises. I will attempt to start a catch up; maybe 20 minutes of garbled nonsense will be enough to keep Jae off my back? Let's see.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 530, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Nacho is a big ball of unhappiness for my stomach
I am afraid to say that pleasing you the way you would like me to is out of the question; incest is not on the "Approved Kinks" list.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by SpyreX »

In post 559, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 558, pisskop wrote:After ... like 3?

We've had claims of Sven, Faye, May, Dora and Marten made before Spyrex claimed Bubbles. We also had a soft of Mrs. Reed from Nacho.

Half the game has flavor claimed so at this point no reason not to finish the deal.

And sorry Spyrex - Bubbles is cool but only has been in the last 200 or so strips. Marten has been being awesome for 3K+ strips. I mean ... maybe you could make a Hannelore argument if you were her ...
The sheer awesome volumes makes up for time elapsed volume

And yea even 3 or 4 is enough
Show

Proud member of BaM
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 15, camn wrote:Hm. I agree. About the 7.

And side note: I love that this is in the rules: "in no way should you ever feel "cheated" by the moderator.".
ITS THE RULES.
I disagree I think that it's silly and useless and ignores confirming by PM which is technically possible.
But then again I'm a big bad spoilsport.
In post 16, Dunnstral wrote:Gonna claim my role before the end of this day
This lays groundwork for the mass flavor claim business, so if you were surprised about it, you shouldn't have been.
In post 20, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I have a post restriction.

Everything I type must be grammatically perfect.

I want to kill myself.

Oooh, you already failed.

jk
Mod response implies the post restriction is true.
I don't understand people's points that it's an excuse for LLD to lurk (she's perfectly capable of posting when she needs to and how the hell is "I have to make grammatically correct posts" an excuse to lurk for a fluent English speaker?).

Ahem. *points to the summary of my rules*
Last edited by DiamondSentinel on Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 54, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 0, DiamondSentinel wrote: [*]If all players die, the game will end in a
draw
!

Interesting thing to put down as usually you wouldn't expect a flood of kills at the end
It's just in case we all decide to get ourselves modkill in a beautiful protest of the game of Mafia in general.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 74, JaeReed wrote:Actually, you were mildly below my null line anyway. What I perceived as sheeping of Dunn's bad vote just solidified it. Then you decided to reach to make up reasoning for your vote.
no thanks jae

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”