Newbie 1758 - Symmetry (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:24 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

@mod
start of day VC?
With x alive it takes X to lynch?
nah
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:29 am

Post by Joshz »

7 alive 4 to lynch
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:30 am

Post by Hellfire Missile »

"Lets lynch everyone"
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Loopdan »

Bah!!!!!

@mod-- can you PM me a link to the dead thread?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Joshz »

So one of Howard, Hellfire, Sobolev, huntress, and human are scum

I'll give it a better look when I'm home from school
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:02 am

Sobolev and I aren't scum.
nah
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:17 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

Surprised about the NK. I was a little suss of Loopdan and could have seen an argument for him being teamed with Jackel. Anyway, my reads are mostly the same as yesterday for now. I would like to see more out of Howard and HM today.

I know Locust and myself are town and I'm pretty sure Joshz is town but everyone else is possible scum.
In post 523, Hellfire Missile wrote:
In post 515, Joshz wrote:Ok so it's a doc and mafia roleblocked game
How do you know?
We know Locust is cop from d1. So our two options are {Doc, Cop, Mafia Roleblocker} or {VT, Cop, Mafia Goon}. If it was the second one the remaining goon would just have killed Locust last night since he couldn't have had protection to get rid of a PR. Since that didn't happen we have to be in the first setup.

@Sequencer: Did your read on me change because of Jackel's flip?
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:23 am

Yes.
nah
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Joshz »

Reading through Jackel's content I disagree. You (human sequencer) were his only town read.

Rn I consider hm the best lynch, the other 4 of you are even to me and what will probably happen if he's town is I'll be killed tonight and locust will be roleblocked
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:28 am

I can get on board w/ an HM lynch if it picks up steam but I really would prefer huntress right now.
nah
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:15 am

Post by Locust »

In post 524, Human Sequencer wrote:
Cop will give no result unless something ludicrous happened last night.
I got a result and we wont be lynching Huntress today.

My thoughts are that someone was VLA all night or they dun gone messed up.

With that in mind I am going to go get some day one reads and be back later....I could be easily convinced of a Hellfire Lynch.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:28 am

Post by Joshz »

word that better plspls

so you are saying huntress is town?
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:36 am

Post by Locust »

Joshz yes I am. I thought it was clear enough maybe not though.

I am still shocked we managed to lynch Scum on day one with all the inactivity. I think we win this one now, with the knowledge of one scum day one and 2 confirmed town (if you are willing to say I am conf town) I need a good reread ... I have had a 13 hour day at work today though and my brain is fried I will try and put my thoughts up in a bit, but I need food and drink first.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:45 am

Post by Joshz »

we lynched scum mostly because of me imo tho thats probably partially ego bias

that means psyche cannot be scum. even if you were lying and were scum that would make psyche town anyways. im townie, and i dont think anyone will argue that. youre not 100% town but you ARE 98% town and definitely close enough to locked for ow

hellfire
human
howard
sobolev
you

thats where im at rn
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Joshz »

my issue w.you is how the fuck you got a read today like HUH
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 535, Locust wrote:My thoughts are that someone was VLA all night or they dun gone messed up.
They can't have been away all night as they sent in a kill. It looks like they just didn't send in a roleblock, or didn't realise they could perform both actions at the same time in this game. (In some games the mafia have to choose between doing their factional kill or their role action. They can't do both.) Either that or someone took a huge risk as a gambit, but that is very unlikely.

By the way, if anyone apart from Locust has any role
other than doctor
they should speak up now.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Joshz »

the huge risk that should have happened is doctor protecting loopdan as he was the obvious kill

i agree with huntress. they probably didnt realize they could use both actions. this means the scum is probably noob is probably hm.

and yes,
if you are a pr claim now and town win
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Joshz »

obviously excluding doc
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

The other option is that we're in the {VT, Cop, Goon} setup and the remaining goon just didn't realize they should kill Locust which also shows a lot of newbness. Either way I'm feeling HM is probably remaining scum.

I just don't see how this could be a gambit since killing off/blocking cop is objectively the best for scum always. Not doing so leaves the huge risk of Locust finding you for a very very small potential payoff.

If I take Locust, Huntress and myself as guaranteed town and Joshz leaning town I'm left with Sequencer, Howard, and HM. Of those three the order from most likely scum to least likely goes HM > Howard > Sequencer.
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:48 am

Post by Hellfire Missile »

okay then
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:00 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

HM, why do you think scum didn't kill/roleblock Locust last night?

Do you have any reads at all on people left in the game?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:01 am

Post by Joshz »

hellfire claim now and make a case if you have one to live

im ready to hammer you
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:07 am

Post by Joshz »

like i dont see anything producting happening, even if hm is town he is doing us no good alive and is not even trying atp
Locust
Locust
Townie
Locust
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:32 am

Post by Locust »

In post 541, Joshz wrote:the huge risk that should have happened is doctor protecting loopdan as he was the obvious kill

Joshz can you explain how he was the obvious kill? I guess if the Mafia could only kill and thought we had a Doc then anyone but me would be a good choice (Hellfire excepted) I am not sure why Loopdan was the obvious choice for a kill. You had threw some shade over to Loopdan a couple of times on day 1..
In post 20, Joshz wrote:VOTE: loopdan
and ...
In post 431, Joshz wrote: Otherwise, heres a good lynch. Hellfire Missile was baiting scum to wagon. Seeimg as nobody wagomed it, that makes him more likely scum in my eyes, but his flip doesnt rly give info. Ideally loopdan is the lynch because i think hes scum playing well preying on a disfunctional town. Jackel is the only other lynch that should be considered imo. I'm going to finally accept this is the newbie section and avoid lynching a newbie because they could probably use the experience. Since the IC told me I am basically being too much of a dick earlier, I don't know what I can say other than that.
VOTE: loopdan

and...
In post 389, Joshz wrote:
<snip>

What I think needs to happen is a lynch on someone who hasn't been wagoned, probably Loopdan though ideally Howard from my perspective. Mafia is in control of this game and that's how we will take control back.
Naked vote and couple of pokes and no one really took you up on it now your post at the top is saying he was the obvious kill. I am confused by this and would like to know how you fell about the others after yesterdays lynch and kill and not just Hellfire who we could all easily pile into today, but I don't think it give us anything in the short term.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 548, Locust wrote:
In post 541, Joshz wrote:the huge risk that should have happened is doctor protecting loopdan as he was the obvious kill

Joshz can you explain how he was the obvious kill? I guess if the Mafia could only kill and thought we had a Doc then anyone but me would be a good choice (Hellfire excepted) I am not sure why Loopdan was the obvious choice for a kill. You had threw some shade over to Loopdan a couple of times on day 1..
In post 20, Joshz wrote:VOTE: loopdan
and ...
In post 431, Joshz wrote: Otherwise, heres a good lynch. Hellfire Missile was baiting scum to wagon. Seeimg as nobody wagomed it, that makes him more likely scum in my eyes, but his flip doesnt rly give info. Ideally loopdan is the lynch because i think hes scum playing well preying on a disfunctional town. Jackel is the only other lynch that should be considered imo. I'm going to finally accept this is the newbie section and avoid lynching a newbie because they could probably use the experience. Since the IC told me I am basically being too much of a dick earlier, I don't know what I can say other than that.
VOTE: loopdan

and...
In post 389, Joshz wrote:
<snip>

What I think needs to happen is a lynch on someone who hasn't been wagoned, probably Loopdan though ideally Howard from my perspective. Mafia is in control of this game and that's how we will take control back.
Naked vote and couple of pokes and no one really took you up on it now your post at the top is saying he was the obvious kill. I am confused by this and would like to know how you fell about the others after yesterdays lynch and kill and not just Hellfire who we could all easily pile into today, but I don't think it give us anything in the short term.
its simple. if there was a doctor there was a mafia roleblocker, and if there was no doctor you were dead either way. therefore, there's a mafia roleblocker, because you're still alive. the mafia rb'r knows theres a doctor who will be on you, so theyll roleblock you and kill the person that they felt wouldve impeded their progress the most. loopdan was the only se/ic player that wasnt being scum read, and in addition almost everyone believed he was down. if you look back in my posts you see my explanation for why i voted loopdan. jackel being scum cleared him though.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”