Newbie 1765 | URW | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:45 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.13

T
h
e
n
e
x
t
m
o
r
n
i
n
g
t
h
e
r
e
w
a
s
f
i
s
h
i
n
o
u
r
n
e
t
s
!
T
h
e
o
t
h
e
r
n
e
t
h
a
d
a
b
r
e
a
m
B
r
e
a
m
s
a
n
d
p
e
r
c
h
e
s
a
r
e
s
m
a
l
l
f
i
s
h
w
i
t
h
p
e
r
c
h
e
s
b
e
i
n
g
s
m
a
l
l
e
r
t
h
a
n
b
r
e
a
m
s
a
n
d
b
o
t
h
o
f
t
h
e
m
a
r
e
b
e
i
n
g
b
i
g
g
e
r
t
h
a
n
r
o
a
c
h
e
s
)
a
n
d
p
i
k
e
s
a
r
e
b
i
g
f
i
s
h
I
'
m
g
o
i
n
g
t
o
u
s
e
a
p
e
r
c
h
a
s
b
a
i
t
f
o
r
t
h
e
s
m
a
l
l
l
e
v
e
r
t
r
a
p
b
e
c
a
u
s
e
t
h
a
t
w
i
l
l
a
t
t
r
a
c
t
b
i
r
d
s
o
f
p
r
e
y
b
u
t
I
'
l
l
c
o
o
k
t
h
e
r
e
s
t
W
e
w
o
n
'
t
b
e
s
t
a
r
v
i
n
g
f
o
r
l
o
n
g

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Superhans
(L-4): TheDominator37
Rautherdir
(L-4): LicketyQuickety
:!:
TheDominator37
(L-3): Nachomamma8, Rautherdir

Not voting
(5): Lovesick, toblerone187, FancyPants, Superhans, ConnorJC

M
o
d
n
o
t
e
s
:
K
e
e
p
i
t
f
u
n
!

D
e
a
d
l
i
n
e
:
(expired on 2016-12-30 14:00:00)
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 422, ConnorJC wrote:Ok, so looks like my most recent vote didn't pay off at all. For now:

UNVOTE: Nachomamma8
Should have waited on that longer, mate. You didn't even wait a full page.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by Superhans »

My Town read on Toblerone hasn’t changed, although I disagree with lots of his reads in post .
I agree with Toblerone’s read on TheDominator, I think everyone agree Dom is scummy so this isn’t original in any way.
I agree with Toblerone that LicketyQuickety is very difficult to play with, but I like LicketyQuickety’s display of logic in post 447.
In post 447, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 27, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 6, LicketyQuickety wrote: As my first action, the cop is
going
to investigate Nachomamma8 and you are going to Town read me for saying such.
So you're saying you would want a cop to come out day 2 and tell the mafia who they are?
Doesn't seem like town play to me

VOTE: LicketyQuickety
He says "So you're saying" and follows that up with an assumption on the motive of my play.
He is coming on strong here because there is an incredible amount of intent behind him saying this.
He is basically saying "I just caught you trying to out the Cop!" but he says it in a way that shows how he got to that conclusion in an attempt to influence others to agree with his point.
He then makes a comment "Doesn't seem like a town play to me." This language used here is downplayed showing he is so secure in his statement that he doesn't feel the need to butter it up and that the statement speaks for itself.
Then he votes me thinking there is no more explanation needed.
[...]
^ Like this very articulate explanation, if you (LQ) could keep up explanations that are this simple I would be much more inclined to trust you.

I agree with you that Rautherdir’s reasoning was patchy, but then so was LicketyQuickety’s reasoning for voting Rautherdir.
I’m finding it difficult to read Nacho because of how confident he is, and also being IC he is taking such a leading role that there aren’t really any Scum reads, yet. I find the idea that Nacho may be Scum very very unsettling as being such an experienced player I’d imagine it would be very difficult to realise it.
Need more content from FancyPants.
Getting a slight town read from Lovesick but agree with Toblerone that we need more stuff less fluff from her.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by Superhans »

I feel that ConnorJC fighting Lovesick on the theory that Lovesick and TheDominator could both be mafia is kinda far-fetched. Not saying that they couldn't but I think ConnorJC is over-reading Lovesick defending Dom.
ConnorJC in post Lovesick denounces TheDominator.

I've got a gut feel that your fighting is TvT.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:22 pm

In post 452, Superhans wrote:My Town read on Toblerone hasn’t changed, although I disagree with lots of his reads in post .
I agree with Toblerone’s read on TheDominator, I think everyone agree Dom is scummy so this isn’t original in any way.
I agree with Toblerone that LicketyQuickety is very difficult to play with, but I like LicketyQuickety’s display of logic in post 447.
In post 447, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 27, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 6, LicketyQuickety wrote: As my first action, the cop is
going
to investigate Nachomamma8 and you are going to Town read me for saying such.
So you're saying you would want a cop to come out day 2 and tell the mafia who they are?
Doesn't seem like town play to me

VOTE: LicketyQuickety
He says "So you're saying" and follows that up with an assumption on the motive of my play.
He is coming on strong here because there is an incredible amount of intent behind him saying this.
He is basically saying "I just caught you trying to out the Cop!" but he says it in a way that shows how he got to that conclusion in an attempt to influence others to agree with his point.
He then makes a comment "Doesn't seem like a town play to me." This language used here is downplayed showing he is so secure in his statement that he doesn't feel the need to butter it up and that the statement speaks for itself.
Then he votes me thinking there is no more explanation needed.
[...]
^ Like this very articulate explanation, if you (LQ) could keep up explanations that are this simple I would be much more inclined to trust you.

I agree with you that Rautherdir’s reasoning was patchy, but then so was LicketyQuickety’s reasoning for voting Rautherdir.
I’m finding it difficult to read Nacho because of how confident he is, and also being IC he is taking such a leading role that there aren’t really any Scum reads, yet. I find the idea that Nacho may be Scum very very unsettling as being such an experienced player I’d imagine it would be very difficult to realise it.
Need more content from FancyPants.
Getting a slight town read from Lovesick but agree with Toblerone that we need more stuff less fluff from her.
Brah, I get that you like me to explain things so indepthly, but honestly I find it enormously restricting for my play to play that way. I'd be more inclined to tell you to catch up. If I was to explain everything I am seeing like that, that is all I would be doing. It would then be inefficient for me to have the style of play that I have. I wouldn't be able to make plays like my first post of the game. The only reason I explained it to you like that is to show that, yes, I do actually base my assessments on logic and I am not completely insane. hell, even my post where I linked the youtube video of limp bizkit what a reaction test.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:24 pm

In post 453, Superhans wrote:I feel that ConnorJC fighting Lovesick on the theory that Lovesick and TheDominator could both be mafia is kinda far-fetched. Not saying that they couldn't but I think ConnorJC is over-reading Lovesick defending Dom.

Why identify it as a "fut feeling?"

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:24 pm

In post 455, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 453, Superhans wrote:I feel that ConnorJC fighting Lovesick on the theory that Lovesick and TheDominator could both be mafia is kinda far-fetched. Not saying that they couldn't but I think ConnorJC is over-reading Lovesick defending Dom.

Why identify it as a "gut feeling?"
EBWOP

Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by Superhans »

Cos it could easily bet TvS or SvS
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:31 pm

In post 457, Superhans wrote:Cos it could easily bet TvS or SvS
You opt for defense rather than replying to my retort on why I don't like explaining anything. Why is that?

ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 445, Lovesick wrote:
In post 444, ConnorJC wrote:@Lovesick, excluding yourself, who do you think has the best reads right now and why?
Im unsure of whether by this you mean the reads made on people or the person they are made by, I'm going go with the first assumption though feel free to nudge me in the right direction if I'm wrong.

Well not many people have had published a full list of reads which makes matters quite difficult ( I should eventually get to publishing actual reads on people but I rather withdraw until Denominator and Fancy contribute a bit more to give me a more rounded and fair overview on them ) I think the person which has had the best reads so far is Superhans - despite my wariness of his jumpy playstyle, he has managed to actually get a quite townish/neutral read from Tob and no one other than myself has found his playstyle that scummy. Though once again it's very hard to decide as some reads are outdated and should be updated along with two members being inactive and not full reads made on all players.
I didn't mean who is getting townread the most - I meant who has the best reads.
In post 446, Lovesick wrote:
In post 443, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 442, Lovesick wrote: Assumption being that you weren't in the element to pursue on my behaviour towards Denominator, why do you think that I would associate myself with a player so strongly? Do you think a scum would blantantly and boldly defend their own? - This is not me defending myself but trying to gather what Connor thinks.
I don't think it was that obvious until reviewed after the fact. It certainly wasn't mentioned until several pages after it happened.
I expect that scum, at least at the beginning of the game, are far more likely to defend their own rather than a random player, just because it's the natural thing to do.
Oh.. Do you consider utter voidance and distance inbetween two players during a game a scumplay or disregard as just no aknowledgement from either towards eachother?
That's more dependent on context. Also, I'm not looking for "plays", or what players do intentionally. I think scum players instinctively (aka an unintentional pattern) help their buddies in the period following RVS more than other players.

Getting to the second page now.
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:36 pm

Post by ConnorJC »

Ah, so you mean
after
I called her out on it?
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by Superhans »

Dude I understand that your play involves loosely explaining yourself, sure. My real problem was that a lot of the time I don't understand you or that following your logic is very difficult.

As you and Lovesick have identified I can't change how you play, so I'll have to put up with it to an extent. I didn't think a reply to your retort was that necessary.
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by ConnorJC »

Are you speaking to me or LoveSick here?
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by Superhans »

@connorJC both of you.
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 463, Superhans wrote:@connorJC both of you.
Ok, then how about this. Why speak to us specifically instead of the game as a whole?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:44 pm

In post 92, Superhans wrote:UNVOTE: TheDominator37
In post 93, Rautherdir wrote:
May I have a reason with that unvote?
In post 100, Superhans wrote:
I voted TheDominator37 because the game had started and there was no solid evidence to base a lynching.

I actually voted TheDominator37 just because he had happened to have voted for himself that I joked was a slightly scummy thing to do.

I'm unvoting because I'm fairly sure I'll be voting more constructively, (I have my eyes on ConnorJC and LQ). I also will be happy to focus on any lurkers (although will probably wait a bit longer before considering the Lurker Wagon).
In post 101, Rautherdir wrote:Good, you're paying attention!
In post 155, Superhans wrote:LicketyQuickety, you've voted for Rautherdir. Would you want to convince others to do the same and why?
In post 220, Rautherdir wrote:Superhans, anyone you think is mafia/town right now?
In post 238, Superhans wrote:
In post 220, Rautherdir wrote:Superhans, anyone you think is mafia/town right now?
Finding Lovesick insufferable, but that doesn't mean she is mafia, just a terrible townie.

TheDominator is mafia (not an original insight).

LQ is definitely snakelike, but not sure that makes him mafia. Slightly scum leaning I would say for now.
In post 265, Superhans wrote:There are four different situations with the upcoming Rautherdir vs LicketyQuickety fight.

1) R is scum, trying to appear town-ish by using potentially broken logic to trick the town into lynching LQ.
2) R is town and LQ is scum and the logic he is working with is valid.
3) R is town and LQ is town (most likely), the argument will hopefully yield good content though.
4) Both R and LQ are mafia trying a really cliche technique of pretending to fight each other to gain town trust.

I personally think number 3 is most likely, and number 4 least likely, but wouldn't be surpised if 1/2 is the case.

We'll have to wait for Rautherdir to return before properly making an evaluations.
In post 269, Superhans wrote:
In post 266, LicketyQuickety wrote:5) they never come up with a case, which is basically a Scum claim in my book.
I mean its not that difficult to come up with a case for you Lickety. I may agree with lots of the stuff Rautherdir has to say.
In post 304, Rautherdir wrote:I think he's saying that they all moved to me v LQ

Pedit: 5 required me to not post reasons. I posted reasons. 5 is no longer valid.
In post 342, Rautherdir wrote:LQ, I've (I admit somewhat badly) given reasons for my vote on you, what are your current reasons for your vote on me?
In post 346, Rautherdir wrote:It's just the number of the post you want inside the post tags. I think. It worked for me.
In post 348, Superhans wrote:Or do drag up the wagon, but insist that Lovesick doesn't just spam her (imho terrible) Game theory on how we should only focus on one player at a time.
In post 349, Rautherdir wrote:Or we could switch to me v LQ. I'm not backing down until I hear LQ's current reasons to vote me.
Superhans, What is your read on Rautherdir. Rautherdir, what is your read on Superhans?

I have a gut feeling that these two could be Scum together. Their interaction with each other is far too polite for my liking and generally doesn't lead anywhere.

ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:45 pm

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 465, LicketyQuickety wrote: Superhans, What is your read on Rautherdir. Rautherdir, what is your read on Superhans?

I have a gut feeling that these two could be Scum together. Their interaction with each other is far too polite for my liking and generally doesn't lead anywhere.
Why would you tell them that?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:51 pm

In post 466, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 465, LicketyQuickety wrote: Superhans, What is your read on Rautherdir. Rautherdir, what is your read on Superhans?

I thought about that. I am not telling them, I am telling everyone.

ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 467, LicketyQuickety wrote:

In my opinion it would've been better to wait for superhans to reply and then tell everyone that.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

Superhans seems noob town to me. My explanation for us being polite with each other is that we're both new players and realize that about each other.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:56 pm

In post 468, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 467, LicketyQuickety wrote:

In my opinion it would've been better to wait for superhans to reply and then tell everyone that.
That's no fun, where's the challenge in that?

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:57 pm

In post 469, Rautherdir wrote:Superhans seems noob town to me. My explanation for us being polite with each other is that we're both new players and realize that about each other.
In post 345, Superhans wrote:^ Daaamnn

Just tried one of these links, I saw that green code with [post= ] [/post] and thought it was referring to posts in this thread *facepalm*

Well I didn't want to play the noobcard, but I guess I can't help myself.
I find this very interesting indeed.

ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by ConnorJC »

What I find interesting is that TheDominator is on the forum's active list but isn't posting here. It seems that its lack of posts is intentional.
Now, what conclusions we should draw from that, I have no idea rn.

pedit: Thought I'd point this out while it's relevant, but don't let me distract the superhans/rautherdir stuff going on
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:02 pm

I voted TheDominator37 because the game had started and there was no solid evidence to base a lynching.

I actually voted TheDominator37 just because he had happened to have voted for himself that I joked was a slightly scummy thing to do.

I'm unvoting because I'm fairly sure I'll be voting more constructively, (I have my eyes on ConnorJC and LQ). I also will be happy to focus on any lurkers (although will probably wait a bit longer before considering the Lurker Wagon).
In post 472, ConnorJC wrote:What I find interesting is that TheDominator is on the forum's active list but isn't posting here. It seems that its lack of posts is intentional.

pedit: Thought I'd point this out while it's relevant, but don't let me distract the superhans/rautherdir stuff going on
I alluded to this before - That Dom could be not posting on purpose as a reaction test. Dom is seeing me taking the lead and seems fine with that.

ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 473, LicketyQuickety wrote:

In post 472, ConnorJC wrote:What I find interesting is that TheDominator is on the forum's active list but isn't posting here. It seems that its lack of posts is intentional.

I alluded to this before - That Dom could be not posting on purpose as a reaction test. Dom is seeing me taking the lead and seems fine with that.
I know you did; however, now that its bandwagon has cooled down, I think that it's about time TheDom showed us some content.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”