Newbie 1765 | URW | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 524, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 523, LicketyQuickety wrote: You sure?
Well, feel free to tell me how me following/not following certain players helps you discover my alignment.
Its not about following certain players, its about whether you do it at all or not.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by Lovesick »

In post 459, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 445, Lovesick wrote:
In post 444, ConnorJC wrote:@Lovesick, excluding yourself, who do you think has the best reads right now and why?
Im unsure of whether by this you mean the reads made on people or the person they are made by, I'm going go with the first assumption though feel free to nudge me in the right direction if I'm wrong.

Well not many people have had published a full list of reads which makes matters quite difficult ( I should eventually get to publishing actual reads on people but I rather withdraw until Denominator and Fancy contribute a bit more to give me a more rounded and fair overview on them ) I think the person which has had the best reads so far is Superhans - despite my wariness of his jumpy playstyle, he has managed to actually get a quite townish/neutral read from Tob and no one other than myself has found his playstyle that scummy. Though once again it's very hard to decide as some reads are outdated and should be updated along with two members being inactive and not full reads made on all players.
I didn't mean who is getting townread the most - I meant who has the best reads.
In post 446, Lovesick wrote:
In post 443, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 442, Lovesick wrote: Assumption being that you weren't in the element to pursue on my behaviour towards Denominator, why do you think that I would associate myself with a player so strongly? Do you think a scum would blantantly and boldly defend their own? - This is not me defending myself but trying to gather what Connor thinks.
I don't think it was that obvious until reviewed after the fact. It certainly wasn't mentioned until several pages after it happened.
I expect that scum, at least at the beginning of the game, are far more likely to defend their own rather than a random player, just because it's the natural thing to do.
Oh.. Do you consider utter voidance and distance inbetween two players during a game a scumplay or disregard as just no aknowledgement from either towards eachother?
That's more dependent on context. Also, I'm not looking for "plays", or what players do intentionally. I think scum players instinctively (aka an unintentional pattern) help their buddies in the period following RVS more than other players.

Getting to the second page now.
Well I dropped hints throughout my explanation that deciding who has the best reads would be difficult w as Tob is the only person with a full list that is updated so Im going to say him.

If its more dependent on the context then why try to bring up a point which is all based on play? I don't think me defending Denominator was unintentional as that was my purpose and i was well aware that it was what I was doing. I mean personally I think that it was pretty obvious from the getgo that I was defending him in the sense that he shouldn't be bombarded with votes. A scum team can just as easily argue and bring points against each other as can two townies, it's all about play and motives.
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:44 pm

Post by Lovesick »

In post 514, ConnorJC wrote:You're very noncommittal, almost like you're a scum trying to blend in. I don't like the part of the game where you jump on every lurker bandwagon one after another. I like you voting LQ, but I don't like the reasons you ended up providing for it.
Haven't you been doing the same though? Isn't there much hypocrisy as you haven't stuck with votes which could get some good content out of them, Eg. Your vote on Nacho. However you jumped on every lurker wagon and stuck with it for longer than you should have?
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by Lovesick »

In post 516, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 515, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 514, ConnorJC wrote:You're very noncommittal, almost like you're a scum trying to blend in. I don't like the part of the game where you jump on every lurker bandwagon one after another. I like you voting LQ, but I don't like the reasons you ended up providing for it.
how many games have you played? I am interested because IMO you show great promise.
This is my first forum mafia game. I've played a little of SC2 Mafia/Town of Salem.
Don't know how good or how close SC2 mafia is to representing forum mafia but I definitely advise to not bring your plays into here from Town of Salem. The game is filled with a huge amount of players who play idiotically and lynch anyone who crosses them even if it's a confirmed townie. However I do suppose you could get good kicks out of th game as you do stumble across great players where the game could be very fun so I guess if you are being careful then you can bring parts of it in.
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:51 pm

Post by Lovesick »

In post 500, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 499, ConnorJC wrote:LQ, are you still townreading lovesick?
yup.
Is there any other reason for townreading me other than my emotional response due to my votes?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:55 pm

In post 529, Lovesick wrote:
yup.
Is there any other reason for townreading me other than my emotional response due to my votes?
That is all I need.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:58 pm

In post 526, Lovesick wrote:
In post 459, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 445, Lovesick wrote:
In post 444, ConnorJC wrote:@Lovesick, excluding yourself, who do you think has the best reads right now and why?
Im unsure of whether by this you mean the reads made on people or the person they are made by, I'm going go with the first assumption though feel free to nudge me in the right direction if I'm wrong.

Well not many people have had published a full list of reads which makes matters quite difficult ( I should eventually get to publishing actual reads on people but I rather withdraw until Denominator and Fancy contribute a bit more to give me a more rounded and fair overview on them ) I think the person which has had the best reads so far is Superhans - despite my wariness of his jumpy playstyle, he has managed to actually get a quite townish/neutral read from Tob and no one other than myself has found his playstyle that scummy. Though once again it's very hard to decide as some reads are outdated and should be updated along with two members being inactive and not full reads made on all players.
I didn't mean who is getting townread the most - I meant who has the best reads.
In post 446, Lovesick wrote:
In post 443, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 442, Lovesick wrote: Assumption being that you weren't in the element to pursue on my behaviour towards Denominator, why do you think that I would associate myself with a player so strongly? Do you think a scum would blantantly and boldly defend their own? - This is not me defending myself but trying to gather what Connor thinks.
I don't think it was that obvious until reviewed after the fact. It certainly wasn't mentioned until several pages after it happened.
I expect that scum, at least at the beginning of the game, are far more likely to defend their own rather than a random player, just because it's the natural thing to do.
Oh.. Do you consider utter voidance and distance inbetween two players during a game a scumplay or disregard as just no aknowledgement from either towards eachother?
That's more dependent on context. Also, I'm not looking for "plays", or what players do intentionally. I think scum players instinctively (aka an unintentional pattern) help their buddies in the period following RVS more than other players.

Getting to the second page now.
Well I dropped hints throughout my explanation that deciding who has the best reads would be difficult w as Tob is the only person with a full list that is updated so Im going to say him.

If its more dependent on the context then why try to bring up a point which is all based on play? I don't think me defending Denominator was unintentional as that was my purpose and i was well aware that it was what I was doing. I mean personally I think that it was pretty obvious from the getgo that I was defending him in the sense that he shouldn't be bombarded with votes. A scum team can just as easily argue and bring points against each other as can two townies, it's all about play and motives.
This post confirms it though.

Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by Lovesick »

In post 530, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 529, Lovesick wrote:
yup.
That is all I need.
I'm just curious to learn more if any of my other actions have swung you in that direction or not
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:31 pm

Post by FancyPants »

Hi all if you have anything specific to ask me ask now. I apologise for my absence but this thread has exploded in a very busy weekend for me, and has ceased to become a game I can follow in idle moments.
I'll do a full read list and my game analysis this evening when I have a solid three hours to read and think. Until then as I said bring your most pertinent questions to the fore.
Lovesick
Lovesick
Goon
Lovesick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:36 pm

Post by Lovesick »

In post 533, FancyPants wrote:Hi all if you have anything specific to ask me ask now. I apologise for my absence but this thread has exploded in a very busy weekend for me, and has ceased to become a game I can follow in idle moments.
I'll do a full read list and my game analysis this evening when I have a solid three hours to read and think. Until then as I said bring your most pertinent questions to the fore.
Have you read any of the posts over the weekend (Just want to know before i asked anything)
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:40 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.14

T
h
e
f
o
o
d
f
r
o
m
t
h
e
n
e
t
s
g
o
t
u
s
u
p
t
o
t
e
m
p
e
r
a
t
e
b
u
t
I
f
o
r
g
o
t
t
o
r
e
s
e
t
t
h
e
n
e
t
s
s
o
w
h
e
n
I
w
e
n
t
t
o
c
h
e
c
k
t
h
e
m
t
h
e
n
e
x
t
d
a
y
t
h
e
r
e
w
e
r
e
n
'
t
a
n
y
n
e
t
s
i
n
t
h
e
w
a
t
e
r
S
o
I
s
e
t
t
h
e
n
e
t
s
a
n
d
t
h
e
n
I
w
e
n
t
e
x
p
l
o
r
i
n
g
s
o
m
e
m
o
r
e
a
n
d
I
f
o
u
n
d
a
c
a
v
e
!
I
m
a
d
e
a
t
o
r
c
h
t
o
h
e
l
p
m
e
e
x
p
l
o
r
e
t
h
e
c
a
v
e
a
n
d
l
i
t
i
t
w
i
t
h
a
l
i
t
t
l
e
f
i
r
e
S
o
m
e
t
i
m
e
s
t
h
e
r
e
a
r
e
t
r
e
a
s
u
r
e
s
i
n
c
a
v
e
s
b
u
t
t
h
i
s
c
a
v
e
i
s
e
m
p
t
y

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Superhans
(L-4): TheDominator37
Rautherdir
(L-4): LicketyQuickety
:!:
TheDominator37
(L-3): Nachomamma8, Rautherdir

Not voting
(5): Lovesick, toblerone187, FancyPants, Superhans, ConnorJC

M
o
d
n
o
t
e
s
:
K
e
e
p
i
t
f
u
n
!

D
e
a
d
l
i
n
e
:
(expired on 2016-12-30 14:00:00)
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:46 pm

Post by FancyPants »

In post 534, Lovesick wrote:
In post 533, FancyPants wrote:Hi all if you have anything specific to ask me ask now. I apologise for my absence but this thread has exploded in a very busy weekend for me, and has ceased to become a game I can follow in idle moments.
Have you read any of the posts over the weekend (Just want to know before i asked anything)
I've read the first 10 pages or so, but need to do a full reread in any case, going to watch Rogue One in an hour so I'll get to it after that.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:16 pm

In post 536, FancyPants wrote:
In post 534, Lovesick wrote:
I've read the first 10 pages or so, but need to do a full reread in any case, going to watch Rogue One in an hour so I'll get to it after that.
How many Post Per Page do you view?

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:31 pm

Lets see what happens when I do this:
In post 432, toblerone187 wrote:
ConnorJC
- this is one that I have a strong scum feel for. Mainly gut feel but
there were a couple of things such as when LQ said he was agreeing with him a lot and he quickly defended himself.
Also I keep going back to him answering questions on behalf of others
LicketyQuickety
- frankly I simply cannot understand half of what he is saying. His posts are confusing and full of game theory and Self-aggrandisement. IMO this does not help town at all. And after all the "non-traditional methods" crap it turns out he just uses gut reactions! Well welcome to the club - I'm a noob and that is what I do! No real read because I find reading his posts boring and confusing but gut reaction is that he is trying to bury town under a moutain of "paperwork" therefore scum. I don;t think he is helping town hunt scum.
Just trying to point out that I have generated a lot of content this game.

ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:19 am

Post by ConnorJC »

Please be thorough, you could easily see something we missed.
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:25 am

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 527, Lovesick wrote:
Haven't you been doing the same though? Isn't there much hypocrisy as you haven't stuck with votes which could get some good content out of them, Eg. Your vote on Nacho. However you jumped on every lurker wagon and stuck with it for longer than you should have?
I'm not sure how to best describe it - but I'd call my play unsure, while I'd call Rautherdir's noncommittal. It's more of a feeling, but it's based around the fact that Rautherdir hasn't really put much effort behind any of his votes/reads.
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:28 am

Post by ConnorJC »

Maybe it's a newbie thing, but I really don't like these parts with players asking for reads on themself, as I feel that's a concern mainly for scum.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:45 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'll catch up in full after work today; also leaving for Christmas vacation on Thursday (and have a bunch of stuff to do before then) so will probably have less access until that's over.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:55 am

Post by toblerone187 »

In post 494, LicketyQuickety wrote:Lovesick is Town for the same reason Rautherdir is not.
See I don't find this sort of comment very helpful. I would like to know more about your reasoning. This is day 1 so it is not like you may be privy to info that other people are not (unless of course you are scum) so why not help town more by explaining your reasoning behind suspecting people. That would help town more.

If you have explained it elsewhere I apologise but frankly it is very hard to follow much of what you say

My view is that this is a team game - not a theatre for you to show off your supposed intellectual and creative superiority
toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:56 am

Post by toblerone187 »

You mentioned this before in relation to Rautherdir. What did you not like about his reasons?
toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:56 am

Post by toblerone187 »

In post 526, Lovesick wrote:That's more dependent on context. Also, I'm not looking for "plays", or what players do intentionally. I think scum players instinctively (aka an unintentional pattern) help their buddies in the period following RVS more than other players.
This is in relation to Connor asking who has the best reads. I don't know how you would say my reads are best. They are inexperienced and mostly gut feelings. People have already said they disagree with them. Perhaps I have the best or most complete list of reads but surely not the best reads? Unless of course you agree with them all. Do you?
toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:56 am

Post by toblerone187 »

In post 538, LicketyQuickety wrote:Lets see what happens when I do this:
ConnorJC
- this is one that I have a strong scum feel for. Mainly gut feel but
there were a couple of things such as when LQ said he was agreeing with him a lot and he quickly defended himself.
Also I keep going back to him answering questions on behalf of others
LicketyQuickety
- frankly I simply cannot understand half of what he is saying. His posts are confusing and full of game theory and Self-aggrandisement. IMO this does not help town at all. And after all the "non-traditional methods" crap it turns out he just uses gut reactions! Well welcome to the club - I'm a noob and that is what I do! No real read because I find reading his posts boring and confusing but gut reaction is that he is trying to bury town under a moutain of "paperwork" therefore scum. I don;t think he is helping town hunt scum.
Just trying to point out that I have generated a lot of content this game.
Sorry again I am not understanding what you are saying/doing/asking - please explain. Is there a question here?
toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:57 am

Post by toblerone187 »

In post 541, ConnorJC wrote:Maybe it's a newbie thing, but I really don't like these parts with players asking for reads on themself, as I feel that's a concern mainly for scum.
I disagree. I am quite keen to know how others are reading me. And I am also intereted to see who wants to know how others are reading them.
toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:59 am

Post by toblerone187 »

In post 452, Superhans wrote:My Town read on Toblerone hasn’t changed, although I disagree with lots of his reads in post .
I agree with Toblerone’s read on TheDominator, I think everyone agree Dom is scummy so this isn’t original in any way.
I agree with Toblerone that LicketyQuickety is very difficult to play with, but I like LicketyQuickety’s display of logic in post 447.
In post 447, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 27, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 6, LicketyQuickety wrote: As my first action, the cop is
going
to investigate Nachomamma8 and you are going to Town read me for saying such.
So you're saying you would want a cop to come out day 2 and tell the mafia who they are?
Doesn't seem like town play to me

VOTE: LicketyQuickety
WHich reads do you specifically disagree with and why? Thanks
He says "So you're saying" and follows that up with an assumption on the motive of my play.
He is coming on strong here because there is an incredible amount of intent behind him saying this.
He is basically saying "I just caught you trying to out the Cop!" but he says it in a way that shows how he got to that conclusion in an attempt to influence others to agree with his point.
He then makes a comment "Doesn't seem like a town play to me." This language used here is downplayed showing he is so secure in his statement that he doesn't feel the need to butter it up and that the statement speaks for itself.
Then he votes me thinking there is no more explanation needed.
[...]
^ Like this very articulate explanation, if you (LQ) could keep up explanations that are this simple I would be much more inclined to trust you.

I agree with you that Rautherdir’s reasoning was patchy, but then so was LicketyQuickety’s reasoning for voting Rautherdir.
I’m finding it difficult to read Nacho because of how confident he is, and also being IC he is taking such a leading role that there aren’t really any Scum reads, yet. I find the idea that Nacho may be Scum very very unsettling as being such an experienced player I’d imagine it would be very difficult to realise it.
Need more content from FancyPants.
Getting a slight town read from Lovesick but agree with Toblerone that we need more stuff less fluff from her.
toblerone187
toblerone187
Goon
toblerone187
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:01 am

Post by toblerone187 »

In post 548, toblerone187 wrote:
In post 452, Superhans wrote:My Town read on Toblerone hasn’t changed, although I disagree with lots of his reads in post .
I agree with Toblerone’s read on TheDominator, I think everyone agree Dom is scummy so this isn’t original in any way.
I agree with Toblerone that LicketyQuickety is very difficult to play with, but I like LicketyQuickety’s display of logic in post 447.
In post 447, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 27, ConnorJC wrote:
In post 6, LicketyQuickety wrote: As my first action, the cop is
going
to investigate Nachomamma8 and you are going to Town read me for saying such.
So you're saying you would want a cop to come out day 2 and tell the mafia who they are?
Doesn't seem like town play to me

VOTE: LicketyQuickety
WHich reads do you specifically disagree with and why? Thanks

He says "So you're saying" and follows that up with an assumption on the motive of my play.
He is coming on strong here because there is an incredible amount of intent behind him saying this.
He is basically saying "I just caught you trying to out the Cop!" but he says it in a way that shows how he got to that conclusion in an attempt to influence others to agree with his point.
He then makes a comment "Doesn't seem like a town play to me." This language used here is downplayed showing he is so secure in his statement that he doesn't feel the need to butter it up and that the statement speaks for itself.
Then he votes me thinking there is no more explanation needed.
[...]
^ Like this very articulate explanation, if you (LQ) could keep up explanations that are this simple I would be much more inclined to trust you.

I agree with you that Rautherdir’s reasoning was patchy, but then so was LicketyQuickety’s reasoning for voting Rautherdir.
I’m finding it difficult to read Nacho because of how confident he is, and also being IC he is taking such a leading role that there aren’t really any Scum reads, yet. I find the idea that Nacho may be Scum very very unsettling as being such an experienced player I’d imagine it would be very difficult to realise it.
Need more content from FancyPants.
Getting a slight town read from Lovesick but agree with Toblerone that we need more stuff less fluff from her.
EBWOP:

Which reads do you specifically disagree with and why? Thanks

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”