Newbie 1764: Wind Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 300, Pepchoninga wrote:Is this the case with nydushermain at the time where those posts were made since I'm yet to read furhter?
Yes, I started scumreading nydushermain after he started lining up lynches. He's insisted over and over that that wasn't the intention behind the post, but of course I have no reason to buy that, and I think it's still a strong reason to scumread him.

@Gamma Emerald: Your tell is BS. Scum are not magically prevented from fact checking,
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by Alisae »

Gonna start multiquoting now. Forgot that was a feature.
In post 101, Gamma Emerald wrote:I am in agreement with Ramcius here: mafia are usually very passive, I feel in Newbies especially. I've seen scum win by not putting themselves out there much. That's why I drive people to post sometimes by specifically hunting their activity.
That's quite a lot of words for one simple point. I definitely feel Ramcius is town currently for thinking similarly to me.
Pep, I'm lookin at you. At this point in the game you've been very passive. And I don't recall this being you. To me you seem unusually passive this game.
In post 122, Pepchoninga wrote:Last let me point out that if Accountant is holding back just because he is an IC, well this is dumb. Isn't the ICs job to help us get better at the game, by explaining things and giving his best in the game? He can do both imo. We are playing a game of mafia and even tho this is a newbie game where most of us are new or at least relatively new, I belive everybody should be playing like they usually do. Nydushermain pointed out that in another Accountant game his playing style was simular but not as passive. This is what is bothering me.
I feel as if scum!accountant would have to quote the Being a Good IC wiki thread "I expect a scum IC to teach correctly and also play to win - almost all the time that's just the smart play. The only difference being, really, that a scum IC will tend to teach things that are true and are sound, logical advice but also just happen, in this one specific case, to lower the town's chances of winning due to factors the town can't possibly know about; or else, the scum IC will give good pro-town advice, but then will use the trust he gets from the town from that good advice to lead the town on bad bandwagons until the town loses. Good scum play is generally very similar to good town play, as far as the uninformed observer can tell. - Yosarian2
As scum, I think you should be as helpful as possible without compromising your own ability to win the game. Play like you would if you were scum in a regular game, but explain all the things that we assume players in regular games would know and understand. If you're scum, it's very important to sit down after the game and explain anything you omitted during the course of the game.... [Y]ou shouldn't purposefully give bad advice on how to play the game, because that turns people away when they find out you screwed them over like that just to win a newbie game when you're supposed to be helping them. - Mastermind of Sin"
In post 123, Ramcius wrote:
In post 122, Pepchoninga wrote:By alliance I mean either Town or Scum Accountant.

Well, you say if you are not gonna help me scum hunt then don't stay in my way. I haven't seen you do any scum hunting yet. And in mafia you need to provoke people to say something to go after. That's why it's good to ask questions. you can't expect everybody to be like "Hey, I'm gonna say something scummy so you can after me". This is mostly done in the early beginning of the game or the RVS stage as you call it or whatever (not really good with the terminology in mafia still lol). After that it is a game of who is better at gathering evidence and using them to your advantage and helping your faction goals.

Also saying you are a prime target for Night 1 kill is not something I belive a town in your situation would say. Furthermore I would like to ask you why are you seeming so aggressive if you are not scared? Is this a game plan, or just your personality?

Last let me point out that if Accountant is holding back just because he is an IC, well this is dumb. Isn't the ICs job to help us get better at the game, by explaining things and giving his best in the game? He can do both imo. We are playing a game of mafia and even tho this is a newbie game where most of us are new or at least relatively new, I belive everybody should be playing like they usually do. Nydushermain pointed out that in another Accountant game his playing style was simular but not as passive. This is what is bothering me.
You said i'm look scared, so i said i'm not, and gave reason why i'm not, it's just simple logic, i'm very vocal, and townread by people, so getting me lynched would be hard task for mafia, especially when game so stall, so yes, i'm prime target, and announcing it i play WIFOM on mafia kill tonight (in case we got doc).

Could you describe me scumhunting, so i would know what i supposed to do, since you say i haven't done it yet, i'll be grateful

Was it another newbie game, that Nyd mentioned? Cause i had impression it wasn't, and i'm not going compare IC actions in normal and newbie games
At this point, why haven't you voted Pep for misinterpreting what you are saying to try to make you look bad?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 325, Accountant wrote:
In post 300, Pepchoninga wrote:Is this the case with nydushermain at the time where those posts were made since I'm yet to read furhter?
Yes, I started scumreading nydushermain after he started lining up lynches. He's insisted over and over that that wasn't the intention behind the post, but of course I have no reason to buy that, and I think it's still a strong reason to scumread him.

@Gamma Emerald: Your tell is BS. Scum are not magically prevented from fact checking,
But they still wouldn't. It's not a case of whether it's possible. It's that scum have no motivation to double-check the way he did.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 327, Gamma Emerald wrote:But they still wouldn't. It's not a case of whether it's possible. It's that scum have no motivation to double-check the way he did.
I think that free townreads for putting in effort and doing things that "only a townie would do" is pretty strong motivation.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by Accountant »

nydushermain, explain clearly what your motivation was for giving an unprompted reads list. Do you think that people were very clueless as to what your reads were?

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by Alisae »

Starting to fly by this thread even faster and skim more stuff becuase of my short attention span.
In post 182, Charloux wrote:I'd rather lynch all lurkers and lose than mislynch 3 actives and lose to lurkers. But we aren't going to do that.

Ramcius explained what this wagon is for, and what would mean for the guy who hammers; And yet you are still against it that much, why?
Then why does DBW have your attention more then Pep at this time? And don't say that it's because he was prodded, I don't think this is the case.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 329, Accountant wrote:nydushermain, explain clearly what your motivation was for giving an unprompted reads list. Do you think that people were very clueless as to what your reads were?
In post 279, Mewtaph wrote:@nydushermain: Need thoughts and reads from you within your next few posts please. Holding off on my own read list until you post yours.
Because I can read.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 307, Ramcius wrote:
In post 306, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 304, Ramcius wrote:
In post 301, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 282, Ramcius wrote:If we continue this way, we end up with 9 townies in here, since seems everyone is town in this game :D So maybe start suggesting lynch targets, not just defending everyone, and i say that to all, cause deadline is coming, and i still don't like Nys, nothing make sense to me from town POV, he changes his position all the time, first he say we shouldn't lynch DBW (ignoring me and Charloux clearly stating we just want DBW talk, not lynch), going same even after i explain several times we not going lynch DBW, and he was lining lynches there, after he agreed and said both mafia are in 3 lurking people (weird statement from town), he's case on Accountant make no sense, something he found in other Accountant game, and we should now go and find that game, cause he didn't said what was different in that game from other 9 Accountant town games, and why here it's similar to that scum game, he inconsistent in all he do, yes, he said he changes his minds all time, but he was holding on DBW lynch idea so hard despite telling him no one is going lynch
Honestly, just your first sentence seems scummy...
better show me your scumhunting skills, since you told last time i haven't done any scumhunting, and that was a joke, and if you read tread, you may understand, or maybe not, probably you read already, but still have no idea what going on and where we are at this point...
Have you done any scumhunting? I might not be able to read tbh. Tho atm you are just disscusing Since I don't think I have actually questioned your scumhunting skills in my last post. I did ask a question that did not get answered. You go to the same stupid thing you asked me last time a asked you something.
not last post, but last time, before you was gone long enough to be proded, and i'm waiting your scumhunting lessons, show me, find scums :D
In post 308, Pepchoninga wrote:Well, why should I, it seems you have everything under control ;)
VOTE: Pepchoninga
This concludes my wrap up. Pep shows no interest in scumhunting. Doing reads now.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 1.11Image

nydushermain (1)
Pepchoninga (1)
DeathByWobbuffet (3)

Gamma Emerald (1)
Accountant (1)
Not Voting (2)
, ,

Day one deadline is Sunday December 25, 11 AM PST. (expired on 2016-12-25 12:00:00)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by Alisae »

My reads goes as follows.
Scum: Pep
Other potential scum: Nyd, DBW, Charloux
Town: Ramcius, Mewtaph, Accountant, myself.

Pep has been lurking up to this point. And you may think it's due to inactivity, but I doubt that. Like he's posting in gaps, and if he was town, he's someone I'd expect to be more active and vocal. He's moreso reserved and safe leading up to his posts today. Also he shows no interest in scumhunting.
Not having anyone voted at this point in time tells me you have no real scum reads. This also goes for DBW, who's also lurking, except I don't know them. Either way I see them as a potential partner.
I can see Charloux being paired up with Pep easily. Charloux goes after lurkers but ignores Pep. This seems off to me.
As for Nyd, I'm following Accountant's reasoning and logic moreso then Nyd's on Accountant. Or they could just both be town, which I see happening.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by Alisae »

Also if DBW get's to L-1, I'll intent to hammer.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by Accountant »

So nydusher, let's have a talk. Why am I scum? You claim that you have legitimate reasoning other than the "them" thing, which everyone other than you thinks is silly. Let's hear it. Am I too passive? Is it that I'm not giving reads on you?

nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 336, Accountant wrote:So nydusher, let's have a talk. Why am I scum? You claim that you have legitimate reasoning other than the "them" thing, which everyone other than you thinks is silly. Let's hear it. Am I too passive? Is it that I'm not giving reads on you?
Well now I feel like you're not even listening to anything I'm saying.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 337, nydushermain wrote:
In post 336, Accountant wrote:So nydusher, let's have a talk. Why am I scum? You claim that you have legitimate reasoning other than the "them" thing, which everyone other than you thinks is silly. Let's hear it. Am I too passive? Is it that I'm not giving reads on you?
Well now I feel like you're not even listening to anything I'm saying.
Then explain it to me. Try to convince me.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by nydushermain »

I probably scum read you for the same reason you scum read me. You've decided that I'm scum already and no matter how I explain to you my thought process, you just say "Oh I don't believe it."
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 339, nydushermain wrote:I probably scum read you for the same reason you scum read me. You've decided that I'm scum already and no matter how I explain to you my thought process, you just say "Oh I don't believe it."
I think this is a simple case of conf bias. Go re-read the thread or Accountant's ISO. Try to think if Accountant's thoughts are genuine and if they make sense. Also try to think "Is Accountant trying to plant paranoia in the town?" or "Is Accountant slipping information that they shouldn't have?" And if you can't answer those questions, question Accountant some more.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 339, nydushermain wrote:I probably scum read you for the same reason you scum read me. You've decided that I'm scum already and no matter how I explain to you my thought process, you just say "Oh I don't believe it."
I assure you, I believe very much that you are scum reading me. And hey, it looks like Alisae wants to understand too, and she hasn't decided you're scum.

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:08 pm

Post by Alisae »

Yeah, to be honest, I think you two are getting into a TvT fight, and ywall are super distracted on what is actually going on. So let's bring it ontopic here.

To the both of you, what are your reads on other players?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 341, Accountant wrote:
I assure you, I believe very much that you are scum reading me. And hey, it looks like Alisae wants to understand too, and she hasn't decided you're scum.
That's not what I meant. What I meant is that you've got confirmation bias already planted into your head so no matter how I try to explain to you that everything that you've accused me for, I've done as town, your retort is just "oh I don't believe it."
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by Alisae »

Nyd. Stop. Let me be your soundboard. Talk to me. What are you going to accomplish by continuing to argue with Accountant? That he is scum and he should vote himself? If you were convincing other people, people would have hopped on the Accoutant Wagon. They aren't doing that. But for now, calm down. Reread the thread and/or Accountant's ISO with the following in mind:
In post 340, Alisae wrote:I think this is a simple case of conf bias. Go re-read the thread or Accountant's ISO. Try to think if Accountant's thoughts are genuine and if they make sense. Also try to think "Is Accountant trying to plant paranoia in the town?" or "Is Accountant slipping information that they shouldn't have?" And if you can't answer those questions, question Accountant some more.
And then convince me. Why do you think Accountant is scum?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 343, nydushermain wrote:That's not what I meant. What I meant is that you've got confirmation bias already planted into your head so no matter how I try to explain to you that everything that you've accused me for, I've done as town, your retort is just "oh I don't believe it."
I'm asking
you
to explain why I am scum. Not the other way around.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:53 pm

Post by Accountant »

Come on, man. You think I'm a scumbutt, right? You should be chomping at the bit to tell Alisae just why I'm the scummiest person alive and get her on my wagon! Or at least, you would if you really cared about lynching scum.

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:56 pm

Post by Alisae »

That shadethrow tho...

On a side note Accountant, I'm not joining any of the wagons currently unless I have to intent to hammer DBW. So you're gonna have to convince me as well why nyd is scummier then Pep.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 342, Alisae wrote:Yeah, to be honest, I think you two are getting into a TvT fight, and ywall are super distracted on what is actually going on. So let's bring it ontopic here.

To the both of you, what are your reads on other players?
296 for my reads.

I've already stated my reasons in the past for thinking that accountant was scum but something that bothers me currently is that he doesn't care about anything else I've done in the game other than the shit that revolved around DBW. If he really thinks I'm scum, why is he so held up on 2-3 posts instead of trying to go through my entire activity and seeing what specifically was scummy?

On the flip side, I think that we might be in the same boat where we're just hard calling each other scum but are so stubborn/arrogant that anything that we do, we make up stupid reasons as to why it's from a scum perspective. I feel like a couple people have said that things I've done come from a towny perspective, but accountant hasn't said "those only come from a scum mindset," only said "no, I think he's mafia" or something along those lines. So I feel like he's just potentially being stubborn because he's not saying that I'm doing these things from a scummy perspective, just trying to discredit anyone's town read on me.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:01 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 346, Accountant wrote:Come on, man. You think I'm a scumbutt, right? You should be chomping at the bit to tell Alisae just why I'm the scummiest person alive and get her on my wagon! Or at least, you would if you really cared about lynching scum.
I'm tired of you and your attempts at "logic" when you're not even reading what I'm saying. At this point, I just want anyone lynched for a role flip and then see what their interactions have been.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”