Newbie 1764: Wind Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:34 pm

Post by Alisae »

If you find that video disrespectful, apologizes.

Either way, my point stands: you are constantly making slips at this point. If you are town, calm down. Take a break. Give Accountant an answer that is a yes or a no. And then reevaluate him. Because you're going off of conf bias at this point, and your frustration is causing you to pull out scum slips left and right.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:35 pm

Post by Alisae »

It makes more sense to re-evaluate then give him a yes or no answer. And when you do try to re-evaluate, keep the following in mind. I don't see the point in bothering trying to help someone if they don't want to be helped.
In post 340, Alisae wrote:I think this is a simple case of conf bias. Go re-read the thread or Accountant's ISO. Try to think if Accountant's thoughts are genuine and if they make sense. Also try to think "Is Accountant trying to plant paranoia in the town?" or "Is Accountant slipping information that they shouldn't have?" And if you can't answer those questions, question Accountant some more.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:37 pm

Post by Alisae »

Also, I can find other reasons to think you're scum. I have plenty more. most of them tie back early game btw.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:38 pm

Post by nydushermain »

-_____________________________________________________________________________________________-

I've given my thoughts on accountant potentially being town. If you're asking me to step back and reevaluate, reread the past couple of pages and see what's happening to me. I'm being attacked by people not willing to reevaluate at all and it's forcing me into a corner.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 403, nydushermain wrote:I've given my thoughts on accountant potentially being town. If you're asking me to step back and reevaluate, reread the past couple of pages and see what's happening to me. I'm being attacked by people not willing to reevaluate at all and it's forcing me into a corner.
Two things. A. If you are town, me and accountant will both be willing to work with you. But first work with us.
B. In some situations, you won't always get everyone to like you. Sometimes people will interact with you, and then they'll be like "you're fine" and keep your vote on you. This is not because they think you are town, moreso they think that you are the person they want to lynch. If you are town, then I would like to work with you on getting the person who I want to get lynched, well, lynched. Which is Pep. But if you're scum, you're doing fine.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:44 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 404, Alisae wrote:
In post 403, nydushermain wrote:I've given my thoughts on accountant potentially being town. If you're asking me to step back and reevaluate, reread the past couple of pages and see what's happening to me. I'm being attacked by people not willing to reevaluate at all and it's forcing me into a corner.
Two things. A. If you are town, me and accountant will both be willing to work with you. But first work with us.
B. In some situations, you won't always get everyone to like you. Sometimes people will interact with you, and then they'll be like "you're fine" and keep your vote on you. This is not because they think you are town, moreso they think that you are the person they want to lynch. If you are town, then I would like to work with you on getting the person who I want to get lynched, well, lynched. Which is Pep. But if you're scum, you're doing fine.
Accountant has made it clear that he isn't willing to work with me. Look at anything he's said in the past like 50 posts. If you're town, I'll work with you but here's something I can say about you.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:47 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 334, Alisae wrote:My reads goes as follows.
Scum: Pep
Other potential scum: Nyd, DBW, Charloux
Town: Ramcius, Mewtaph, Accountant, myself.

Pep has been lurking up to this point. And you may think it's due to inactivity, but I doubt that. Like he's posting in gaps, and if he was town, he's someone I'd expect to be more active and vocal. He's moreso reserved and safe leading up to his posts today. Also he shows no interest in scumhunting.
Not having anyone voted at this point in time tells me you have no real scum reads. This also goes for DBW, who's also lurking, except I don't know them. Either way I see them as a potential partner.
I can see Charloux being paired up with Pep easily. Charloux goes after lurkers but ignores Pep. This seems off to me.
As for Nyd, I'm following Accountant's reasoning and logic moreso then Nyd's on Accountant. Or they could just both be town, which I see happening.
It sounds like you have reasons why you think I could be town, as well as why I could be scum because if you thought I was scummy because of my early game like you claim, you'd just say straight up "I think that nydus is scum" rather than saying "I'm following accountant more than nyd atm." That's like leaving it up in the air so that scum!ali can easily just vote on me or defend me depending on town consensus.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:49 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 355, Alisae wrote:Ya know what I said earlier about not hoping onto any other wagons? Yeah....About that...

Lynch Nyd today, lynch Pep tomorrow.

VOTE: nydushermain
Hey look, he's lining up votes.

#sarcasm
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:52 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 407, nydushermain wrote:
In post 355, Alisae wrote:Ya know what I said earlier about not hoping onto any other wagons? Yeah....About that...

#sarcasm
My case is solid, is it not?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:52 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 408, Alisae wrote:
In post 407, nydushermain wrote:

#sarcasm
My case is solid, is it not?
Just funny to me because the strongest case that accountant thinks he has on me is that I'm trying to "line up lynches."
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:53 pm

Post by Alisae »

Pep, I know you're here and looking. If you're actually town, lynch this. He's just flailing at this point.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Post by nydushermain »

I lightly town read pep, like I've said so I'm not working with you to lynch him unless he does something scummy enough to make me flip.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:56 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 334, Alisae wrote:Pep has been lurking up to this point. And you may think it's due to inactivity, but I doubt that. Like he's posting in gaps, and if he was town, he's someone I'd expect to be more active and vocal. He's moreso reserved and safe leading up to his posts today. Also he shows no interest in scumhunting.
Not having anyone voted at this point in time tells me you have no real scum reads.
So none of this seems scummy to you?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:57 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 412, Alisae wrote:
In post 334, Alisae wrote:Pep has been lurking up to this point. And you may think it's due to inactivity, but I doubt that. Like he's posting in gaps, and if he was town, he's someone I'd expect to be more active and vocal. He's moreso reserved and safe leading up to his posts today. Also he shows no interest in scumhunting.
Not having anyone voted at this point in time tells me you have no real scum reads.
So none of this seems scummy to you?
OH GOD that's another thing I forgot to mention. You're reading pep for meta and I'm reading accountant partly for meta as well. Hypocrisy.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:59 pm

Post by nydushermain »

People have their reasons to lurk. I lurk a lot on video mafia because sometimes, I'm simply just bored or not in the mood. I don't read him scummy for lurking on day 1. You say you'd expect him to be more vocal but there could be reasons as to why he's not talking much. Maybe it's awfully close to the holidays and he's doing things related to family. Who knows? Until he gives his own response, how am I supposed to read him for that?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:01 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 414, nydushermain wrote:People have their reasons to lurk. I lurk a lot on video mafia because sometimes, I'm simply just bored or not in the mood. I don't read him scummy for lurking on day 1. You say you'd expect him to be more vocal but there could be reasons as to why he's not talking much. Maybe it's awfully close to the holidays and he's doing things related to family. Who knows? Until he gives his own response, how am I supposed to read him for that?
If he was busy with family there was nothing stopping him from asking V/LA
If you're simply bored and not in the mood that's anti-town. You have to commit to mafia games you play.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 415, Alisae wrote:
In post 414, nydushermain wrote:People have their reasons to lurk. I lurk a lot on video mafia because sometimes, I'm simply just bored or not in the mood. I don't read him scummy for lurking on day 1. You say you'd expect him to be more vocal but there could be reasons as to why he's not talking much. Maybe it's awfully close to the holidays and he's doing things related to family. Who knows? Until he gives his own response, how am I supposed to read him for that?
If he was busy with family there was nothing stopping him from asking V/LA
If you're simply bored and not in the mood that's anti-town. You have to commit to mafia games you play.
It's anti town I agree to just sit back and do almost nothing but that doesn't mean he's mafia. There were 3 people lurking (imo) in him, DBW, and VVsomething. There's only 2 mafia so lurking is clearly NAI.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 320, Alisae wrote:
In post 82, Pepchoninga wrote:I believe that what Accountant is doing is provoking people to show there true self. Questions in mafia are not asked for people to get answers but to see reactions. Ways they answer are hints to who they are. Tho this can also be used as a great protection. Xe almost talks like all his actions till this point are all made in the benefit of town. While other members are showing some motives and are even demonstating there playstyles, Accountant is being calm and collected, asking questions and then leaving them at that, without taking actions or persuing people who he belives are not town to further pressure them.
What is your definition of scumhunting and how do you go about it?
To me this seems like you don't want people to scumhunt, because asking questions is the easiest method to doing so.
Yes, dear old (not) friend (Don't take this as anything personal other people, I just know this little cracker and I'm mad he joined my game lol) I do want people to scumhunt. It's the only way to catch scum. Each person SH little or less (town or mafia). Tho the diffrence is what they do with the gathered information. I belive that Accountant didn't really do anything with the information. By his words he just got it so he can learn with the help of this information the alliance of people. When you read more you will see I'm not saying that since asking questions is the easiest way it should not be done or is considered scummy to me. I'm talking about the way he used the information to the benefit of town or his so called scumhunting. That is why I'm continuesly going against him.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:07 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 417, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 320, Alisae wrote:
In post 82, Pepchoninga wrote:I believe that what Accountant is doing is provoking people to show there true self. Questions in mafia are not asked for people to get answers but to see reactions. Ways they answer are hints to who they are. Tho this can also be used as a great protection. Xe almost talks like all his actions till this point are all made in the benefit of town. While other members are showing some motives and are even demonstating there playstyles, Accountant is being calm and collected, asking questions and then leaving them at that, without taking actions or persuing people who he belives are not town to further pressure them.
What is your definition of scumhunting and how do you go about it?
To me this seems like you don't want people to scumhunt, because asking questions is the easiest method to doing so.
Yes, dear old (not) friend (Don't take this as anything personal other people, I just know this little cracker and I'm mad he joined my game lol) I do want people to scumhunt. It's the only way to catch scum. Each person SH little or less (town or mafia). Tho the diffrence is what they do with the gathered information. I belive that Accountant didn't really do anything with the information. By his words he just got it so he can learn with the help of this information the alliance of people. When you read more you will see I'm not saying that since asking questions is the easiest way it should not be done or is considered scummy to me. I'm talking about the way he used the information to the benefit of town or his so called scumhunting. That is why I'm continuesly going against him.
Link me where you "continuously go against him" because I don't see it.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:10 pm

Post by nydushermain »

Also what? You've been reading this WHOLE time?
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:11 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 324, Accountant wrote:
In post 300, Pepchoninga wrote:I belive you passivness and overall neutral behaviur comes from a well collected scum thinking.
Why not a well-collected town thinking?
Because why would town play like that? You are already putting your name more then enough, since you have been the most active player till now and if you are town you are gonna be an obvious target. In your situation it would be more beneficial if you actually standed out and really started pushing every botton and going against every possible Scum. On the other side you could be mafia and deluding us of actualy doing anything by asking questions but in a sence not doing anything with the information you've gathered. And now after you see you have people that belive you, you started being a bit more offensive on Ny. Thats is what's concerning me. I don't see your clear Town persona that you are really trying to force on us.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:11 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 419, nydushermain wrote:Also what? You've been reading this WHOLE time?
He's catching up and responding to earlier posts. I don't think he actually got to the part where I announced I catched up.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:15 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 420, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 324, Accountant wrote:
In post 300, Pepchoninga wrote:I belive you passivness and overall neutral behaviur comes from a well collected scum thinking.
Why not a well-collected town thinking?
Because why would town play like that? You are already putting your name more then enough, since you have been the most active player till now and if you are town you are gonna be an obvious target. In your situation it would be more beneficial if you actually standed out and really started pushing every botton and going against every possible Scum. On the other side you could be mafia and deluding us of actualy doing anything by asking questions but in a sence not doing anything with the information you've gathered. And now after you see you have people that belive you, you started being a bit more offensive on Ny. Thats is what's concerning me. I don't see your clear Town persona that you are really trying to force on us.
That's factually incorrect. The three people mainly going against me were accountant, ramcius, and then alisae. Accountant voted on me first AND accused me first. So you can't say that accountant is scum for going on the offensive "after people started believing him" because he went on the offensive before that. I agree though that I think accountant is doing NOTHING with the information that he is gathering, or to be clearer, is refusing to take in the information.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:16 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 421, Alisae wrote:
He's catching up and responding to earlier posts. I don't think he actually got to the part where I announced I catched up.
Odd because if he's catching up and responding to earlier posts, why is he reading the current thread? Doesn't really look like he's diving back in time.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:19 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 423, nydushermain wrote:
In post 421, Alisae wrote:
Odd because if he's catching up and responding to earlier posts, why is he reading the current thread? Doesn't really look like he's diving back in time.
I'm sorry, can you rephrase the question. Like, rephrase the question as if you were speaking to a toddler. This seems really confusing to me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”