JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9375 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 9372, callforjudgement wrote:I get the strong feeling that someone has overclaimed this game (i.e. claimed a stronger role than they actually have); such a player is highly likely to be scum. I've been scum who's been forced to overclaim before now, and it's a really uncomfortable situation to be in. Gio strikes me as the most likely player to be scum for this reason, both in terms of behaviour, and in terms of the claim. Overclaims tend to have a pile of modifiers on, and tend to leave a lot of evidence that there's a roleblocker/redirector around, and tend to cause an excessive amount of players cleared as Town but by dubious means; this fits this game perfectly, and Gio in particular pretty well.
I was recently in a mini normal where we had an odd-night weak doctor on top of tracker, universal backup, and 1 shot gunsmith. Gio's claim doesn't seem that far fetched?
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9376 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

I've been rereading
massive
/
Creeps20
, and not really liking what I see (especially massive's posts; pretty much all the explanations for votes strike me as being scum-indicative). I'm really surprised that there wasn't a previous member of the slot; its first post was #, which is a crazy high number for a slot's first post.

@
Creeps20
: Could you claim night actions? The entire point of being a Fruit Vendor is that you can confirm that you weren't doing anything at night via giving out fruit. This only works if you actually let us know who you gave the fruit to, so that they can confirm that you weren't doing anything else. You should be claiming your targets immediately every morning, and asking the recipient to confirm; you aren't making full pro-town use of the role otherwise.

I've also been rereading Almost50. As far as I can tell, he's trolling intentionally, which disappoints me. If the claim's fake or not town-aligned, though, it's a very good one, and either the moderator or the player('s scumteam) has done a very good job of thinking it up.

@
Almost50
: What's your read on Gio at the moment? (This question is more to help me read you than to help me read Gio, although if you have a good argument either way, I'll listen to it.)

PEDIT: It's not that Gio's claim is far-fetched; it's that something isn't adding up this game, and Gio's claim being fake is the easiest way to make it add up. If the game
did
add up, I'd have no problem with the claim.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #9377 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 9374, callforjudgement wrote:Flavour people: is it at all possible flavour-wise that there's more than one Gaster (e.g. does he have multiple bodies, or something like that)?
Mmmmmmmmm no, not really. But then again, Gaster is a really enigmatic character with very little known about him; you can make arguments for various interpretations.

There ARE the "Gaster Followers" who have a tiny chance of showing up in your game based on RNG values but they themselves don't have any relation to wingdings. I'm pretty confident Maxous didn't have allies, at least not while he was alive.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9378 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:37 pm

@
BigYoshiFan
: What reasoning did you use to conclude that last night was the best time to use your global doctor?
scum
town
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9379 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by Narna »

In post 9338, Not Chara wrote:lock-town: Almost, Nahdia, Mathblade, Giovanni.
Where am I?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9380 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Post by JaeReed »

^ lol at the implications in that
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9381 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:32 pm

In post 9379, Narna wrote:
Where am I?
Could you state your own reasons for why everyone (or Not Chara specifically) should consider you confirmed town?
scum
town
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9382 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by JaeReed »

If NC has Giovanni is lock town then Giovanni claimed to have weak followed Narna.

Therefore it doesn't make sense to say Gio is lock town without Narna also being lock-town.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9383 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9382, JaeReed wrote:If NC has Giovanni is lock town then Giovanni claimed to have weak followed Narna.

Therefore it doesn't make sense to say Gio is lock town without Narna also being lock-town.
It does if he thinks Narna is scum psychologist designed to find Ank and Maxous with a gf tag.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9384 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

This was also to Narna. With all the cop claims it is foolish to think evil doesn't have a gf.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9385 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Look at the first page for my wincon cfj.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9386 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Thanks for replacing in!
GTKAS -- MathBlade
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #9387 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 9332, JaeReed wrote:There's a chance for A50 to have pocketed me for being one of the few people that are making any sense this game. Same with Not Chara playing mediator and Yoshi.
I have my hard townreads. That's who I'm not voting. That's the only group that I find obvtown at this stage. My read on Math was wrong and I was viewing the gamestate with Math being all but confscum earlier, which colors reads also.
I see.
In post 9339, Nahdia wrote:pretty much on the same page as chara except i wouldnt really call almost50 as lock-town, but i guess he's close-ish?

honestly, just by reads, peregrine is the guy i wanna lynch the least in that group. i'm really tempted to say fuck it and vote accountant.
Weren't you super hungry for an Almost lynch earlier?
In post 9370, Nahdia wrote: we havent found any scum.
Gaster was scum no?
Where am I?
kek
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9388 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:32 pm

In post 9384, MathBlade wrote:This was also to Narna. With all the cop claims it is foolish to think evil doesn't have a gf.
I think it's highly likely that some of the investigative results we're getting are unreliable. There's more than one way that could happen, though (e.g. one is a scum fakeclaim, or scum have an ability to redirect or otherwise interfere with the results, or the roles are carefully designed to give misleading results).

Something that's really worth noticing is that Skullduggery's Psychologist is a variant, and not the version from the setup that invented the role (the original version checked for
unused
roles, i.e. it'd get an innocent on scum who'd performed their factional kill in the past). I've only ever seen that exact version of the role once before (it was with mafiascum players but offsite mods as part of a special crossover event between the sites), and in that game, it cleared a Mafia Traitor (with no kill) who then coasted to victory on the clear. If a mod's going to the trouble to invent a nonstandard Gunsmith variant, it may well be because the differences have a reason in the setup.

(So to summarise: if there are unreliable investigative results going around, and it's highly likely that there are, it's most likely either Gio lying about them, or Narna getting results that are technically true from the mod but which imply something that would be true in more normal setups but false in this one. We also know that either Nahdia's lying-and-probably-scum, or else that someone's redirecting them, and if there is a redirector they could also be used to interfere with investigations. It's certainly possible that scum has some sort of separate role ability to hide from investigations, but that seems a bit less likely to me.)
scum
town
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9389 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9387, SirCakez wrote:
In post 9332, JaeReed wrote:There's a chance for A50 to have pocketed me for being one of the few people that are making any sense this game. Same with Not Chara playing mediator and Yoshi.
I have my hard townreads. That's who I'm not voting. That's the only group that I find obvtown at this stage. My read on Math was wrong and I was viewing the gamestate with Math being all but confscum earlier, which colors reads also.
I see.
In post 9339, Nahdia wrote:pretty much on the same page as chara except i wouldnt really call almost50 as lock-town, but i guess he's close-ish?

honestly, just by reads, peregrine is the guy i wanna lynch the least in that group. i'm really tempted to say fuck it and vote accountant.
Weren't you super hungry for an Almost lynch earlier?
In post 9370, Nahdia wrote: we havent found any scum.
Gaster was scum no?
Where am I?
kek
If I am wrong on SirCakez it is only if he has the same alignment as JaeReed. I hate this post reaction.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9390 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Without getting into the whole Narna please do X routine again I think it may depend on the exact wording of Narna's role PM

If they are checking on N2 if someone could kill that is different than since. It may end up with many false clears. Would be interested in an Ank check from this slot and then verify something.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9391 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

But obviously not tonight because circle jerk hopefully.

Narna please answer if circle jerk is a thing.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9392 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 9389, MathBlade wrote:If I am wrong on SirCakez it is only if he has the same alignment as JaeReed. I hate this post reaction.
Yes, congratulations.

I admit it. I'm scum with SirCakez.

Can we lynch him now? Is that all it takes for you to finally listen to a suggestion to lynch one of my scumreads?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9393 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Wait, no, I'm doing it wrong.

You're not lynching SirCakez he is obvtown!!!

VOTE: MathBlade
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9394 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by Narna »

In post 9390, MathBlade wrote:Without getting into the whole Narna please do X routine again I think it may depend on the exact wording of Narna's role PM

If they are checking on N2 if someone could kill that is different than since. It may end up with many false clears. Would be interested in an Ank check from this slot and then verify something.
It's not a n2 check. I think you're misunderstanding something
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9395 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4238, Narna wrote:Dammit Shiro

I am Gerson - Psychologist

I can investigate a player every night and find out if they have or have had the ability to kill up until that point. So Massive has had no ability to kill as of n2, and therefore he is town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9396 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9393, JaeReed wrote:Wait, no, I'm doing it wrong.

You're not lynching SirCakez he is obvtown!!!

VOTE: MathBlade
And I stand by what I said. I just don't like that one post reaction. Interesting why that caused you to vote me who you say you hard townread. Definitely has no relation to the hood at all does it?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9397 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9392, JaeReed wrote:
In post 9389, MathBlade wrote:If I am wrong on SirCakez it is only if he has the same alignment as JaeReed. I hate this post reaction.
Yes, congratulations.

I admit it. I'm scum with SirCakez.

Can we lynch him now? Is that all it takes for you to finally listen to a suggestion to lynch one of my scumreads?
No because it is dependent on your alignment. So still no touches Cakey.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9398 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by Narna »

In post 9384, MathBlade wrote:This was also to Narna. With all the cop claims it is foolish to think evil doesn't have a gf.
I was rolecopped, try again.

I think we should lynch from cakez, nc, math, and nahdia. However if I'm being honest, I can lynch anything that isn't me or Yoshi.

Merry Christmas.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9399 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by Narna »

In post 9395, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4238, Narna wrote:Dammit Shiro

I am Gerson - Psychologist

I can investigate a player every night and find out if they have or have had the ability to kill up until that point.
So Massive has had no ability to kill as of n2, and therefore he is town.
The second sentence is me detailing my massive result from n2. No circle jerk for me. Something happened with Shiro, and it makes me suspicious of cakez's lack of a n3 action.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”