Newbie 1764: Wind Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:50 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 999, Ramcius wrote:also, since DBW at L-2 now, i wonder why mafia didn't hammered him? sure, we lynch hammering mafia tomorrow, but then mafia goes in 3 man LyLo on D4, so, what your ideas why mafia didn't do that? Do they think they can get ML anyway today?
Maybe scum were already been on the wagon or not thinking that far ahead.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:51 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 998, Ramcius wrote:Why changing opinion on someone is wrong? And this inconsistent argument i call bs, we had a night phase, some of us got night results, we had lot discussion, we got Alisae flip, so why people can't change their reads?

Why attack Gamma for being away before deadline? He wouldn't change anything, if was there, and he wasn't important all game, just was there, trying to PoE game and that's all, so please explain why he was important at deadline, or it's start of frame on Gamma?

And no one answered, why townread Kyo? What i'm missing?
I don't think changing opinions is wrong at all. The ability to reevaluate is a good trait in town imo. However, I think that the
reasons
are inconsistent.

I don't remember why I townread him but I was pretty sure about it before. I think I have to reread and make sure.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Deathbywobbuffet did not pick up prod and is being replaced.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 2.02Image

DeathByWobbuffet (2)

Pepchoninga(1)

Not Voting (4)
, , , ,

Day one deadline is Monday January 8, 4 PM PST. (expired on 2017-01-08 17:00:00)

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:07 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1002, mhsmith0 wrote:Deathbywobbuffet did not pick up prod and is being replaced.
UNVOTE:
for now, gotta reread game I think. Not too many pages
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:43 pm

Post by Accountant »

Please don't vote DBW for now. That is extremely lazy play.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:19 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 985, nydushermain wrote:
In post 444, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 334, Alisae wrote:My reads goes as follows.
Scum: Pep
Other potential scum: Nyd, DBW, Charloux
Town: Ramcius, Mewtaph, Accountant, myself.

Pep has been lurking up to this point. And you may think it's due to inactivity, but I doubt that. Like he's posting in gaps, and if he was town, he's someone I'd expect to be more active and vocal. He's moreso reserved and safe leading up to his posts today. Also he shows no interest in scumhunting.
Not having anyone voted at this point in time tells me you have no real scum reads. This also goes for DBW, who's also lurking, except I don't know them. Either way I see them as a potential partner.
I can see Charloux being paired up with Pep easily. Charloux goes after lurkers but ignores Pep. This seems off to me.
As for Nyd, I'm following Accountant's reasoning and logic moreso then Nyd's on Accountant. Or they could just both be town, which I see happening.
Your only real strong points are that I was innactive for a bit and that I'm not interested in scumhunting. Now let me tell ya, I am interested in scumhunting. Actually I'm trying to achieve that. Kinda hard when you can't really find a place in the disscussion till now. My prime targets till now were Accountatn and Ramicius. Two people you put as Town on your list. Yet you almost haven't touched on anything those 2 people have said till now. And there one of the most active people in the game till now. Most of the post I read from you are on my posts and going againt me. You have a personal agenta? Or you just want to get me out of the game as soon as possible since I'm gonna be the easiest target for you? Let me also point out that I hate when people just say that they are confirmed town in there opinion and put it like it's something normal. For me it's a veyr scummy move and one that should not be neglected. What makes you think you are a town?
In post 715, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 692, Accountant wrote:Pep what are your reads?
Alisae - Scum
DBW - Potential Scum (mostly because he is lurking or not even considering playing the game anymore)
You - Scum leaning to null (Is that a thing?)
Ramicius - null leaning to Town
Chaloux - null leaning to Town
Gamma - null leaning to Scum
Mewtaw - Town

I think I missed one guy so if you see yourself just tell me and I will add you in.
In post 848, Pepchoninga wrote:Well, I had an early scumread on Ramicius. But with time I stated he became more of a null and in recent time he a town IMO. As said the read was early and was mostly due to his hostile and very aggressive playstyle at the beggining. His change was well receved by everybody and was explainable.

Now my biggest targets are Alisae, Gamma and maybe Accountant a bit.
Can you clarify how you went from ramcius as your top two scum to town? I don't quite understand your reasoning.

In post 719, Pepchoninga wrote:Oh yeah, Nyd is Town
In post 977, Pepchoninga wrote:Honestly I belive that my reads have changed a little.

I think that the possible scum are either Gamma, nyd and/or Accountant
How did you evolve from me being town to suddenly possible scum? One of the ways you read me was in the quote below:
In post 481, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 479, nydushermain wrote:
In post 478, Alisae wrote:Pep, I'm just gonna interpret that as an OMGUS vote. Also the fact that I'm not defending myself from your accusations makes me think you're even more scummy then you already are. Who says I have to defend myself if I think scum is attacking me?
And instead of voting me, you could be civil and coperative and give me the reasons instead of making me ISO you for it.
And generally most people include themselves as town. That's just natural and good play.
What are you talking about? Why wouldn't you defend yourself? What if he's town? This is anti-town if you are town FYI. You're so blinded that you replace into a game, skim through a few posts and call someone scum and instead of trying to refute a point that someone makes against you, you just call them scummy and say nothing? You're ACTUALLY avoiding the question with zero answer, not a half answer like mine apparently.
Honestly I find this post as a plus for ny not because he is protecting me, but mostly because you can see his pure frustration which is made out of a pure town mindset.
so you're saying you read me off "pure frustration" which is probably off tone (I'm assuming). Yet after the EoD, accountant who had been scum reading me for the majority of the game and ended up giving me a null read decided to read me town after my reaction. To me, that means that my reaction was townier than my reactions towards pressure, etc., so I feel like the way you're reading the game is inconsistent. I'd expect an even stronger town read out of you on me.
First on Ramicius. Now I don't think it isn't explained in the post previous to the ones your quoted, but the reason is simple. Ram was an early SR. I read him scum for his rather disrespectful behavior in the beginning and really angry comments most of the time. While I didn't get the most satisfying answer I also didn't have any real leads on him being scum. And with time I found people that I had some leads and I persuaded them. Obviously I was wrong but this doesn't change my reasoning.

I don't Really get what you mean by the second one. Your reaction was townie like and that is why you got a slight town read from me. Relly one action is enough to make yourself look like a different person. Those changes should be aknowledged as they are what helps us deduce who is who. I don't see how this makes my reading on the game inconsistent.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:21 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 990, Accountant wrote:
In post 981, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 979, Accountant wrote:nyd's reactions are strong frustrated town and difficult to fake. If you really believe that Pep you should be voting me or Gamma. Where does DBW stand in your view?
I will when I see a better view of the 2. Honestly Gamma disappearing for the end of Day 1 is quite suspicious to me, but you being posting much less when the action got hotter is not helping you in my eyes either.

Honestly I'm as frustrated about DBW as the next guy. I would like if he gets replaced or lynched. Tho I can't form a good opinion on somebody who really posted little to nothing.
Wait, did you just eliminate nyd as one of your three strongest scumreads on the say-so of another strong scumread?
I don't think I have said so anywhere in here.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:23 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 991, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 981, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 979, Accountant wrote:nyd's reactions are strong frustrated town and difficult to fake. If you really believe that Pep you should be voting me or Gamma. Where does DBW stand in your view?
I will when I see a better view of the 2.
Honestly Gamma disappearing for the end of Day 1 is quite suspicious to me
, but you being posting much less when the action got hotter is not helping you in my eyes either.

Honestly I'm as frustrated about DBW as the next guy. I would like if he gets replaced or lynched. Tho I can't form a good opinion on somebody who really posted little to nothing.
It was Christmas you fuck, btw
No need to be rude. I'm acknowledging that since you were protecting Alisae to an extent and then when you saw people were starting to lynch him you disappeared. This after his flip to town seems rather suspicious. Obviously I'm taking into account that holidays were around and all.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 996, nydushermain wrote:
In post 995, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 985, nydushermain wrote:How did you evolve from me being town to suddenly possible scum? One of the ways you read me was in the quote below:
In post 481, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 479, nydushermain wrote:
In post 478, Alisae wrote:Pep, I'm just gonna interpret that as an OMGUS vote. Also the fact that I'm not defending myself from your accusations makes me think you're even more scummy then you already are. Who says I have to defend myself if I think scum is attacking me?
And instead of voting me, you could be civil and coperative and give me the reasons instead of making me ISO you for it.
And generally most people include themselves as town. That's just natural and good play.
What are you talking about? Why wouldn't you defend yourself? What if he's town? This is anti-town if you are town FYI. You're so blinded that you replace into a game, skim through a few posts and call someone scum and instead of trying to refute a point that someone makes against you, you just call them scummy and say nothing? You're ACTUALLY avoiding the question with zero answer, not a half answer like mine apparently.
Honestly I find this post as a plus for ny not because he is protecting me, but mostly because you can see his pure frustration which is made out of a pure town mindset.
so you're saying you read me off "pure frustration" which is probably off tone (I'm assuming).
Yet after the EoD, accountant who had been scum reading me for the majority of the game and ended up giving me a null read decided to read me town after my reaction. To me, that means that my reaction was townier than my reactions towards pressure, etc., so I feel like the way you're reading the game is inconsistent. I'd expect an even stronger town read out of you on me.
Why do you not see the way Accountant reads the game as inconsistent? You're using Accountant as a reference point for Pep's behavior arbitrarily here.
Because pep had already randomly put me from town to possible scum. I guess accountant could also be inconsistent but gamma also put me as town for the reaction. The reason why I didn't mention gamma was because he was already town reading me.
I put you as a possible scum mostly because of the way you were soo sure in defending Alisae. While you ended up right, I'm more then sure there weren't any real good evidence proving he is town and outdoing any of the things he said that got us suspecting him being scum. You just stood there and defended him. This after his town flip puts you again at null. Still I don't think this is inconsistent. This game takes unexpected roads, so opinions change according to the situation.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:33 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 998, Ramcius wrote:Why changing opinion on someone is wrong? And this inconsistent argument i call bs, we had a night phase, some of us got night results, we had lot discussion, we got Alisae flip, so why people can't change their reads?

Why attack Gamma for being away before deadline? He wouldn't change anything, if was there, and he wasn't important all game, just was there, trying to PoE game and that's all, so please explain why he was important at deadline, or it's start of frame on Gamma?

And no one answered, why townread Kyo? What i'm missing?
I don't understand if both the first and the second paragraph were directed to me, but I will say it was only the second one as I said that changing opinions is normal if there is a good explanation for that.

Now I didn't attack Gamma. I already answered that question but still. I think that the way Gamma was up for a Alisae buddy but he saw that alis us getting lynched by more people he disappeared. He wasn't really important at deadline but his absence during the final moments of Day 1 just before the lynch on Alisae seems a bit suspicious. As I said it is normal to not be as active during the holidays but really the night took the better part of the Christmas holidays.

And I don't really have anything on Kyo. I see him as a null for now.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:47 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1007, Pepchoninga wrote:I don't think I have said so anywhere in here.
You said that your scumreads were nyd, Gamma and me. I said that nyd was town and that you should vote either Gamma or me if that's how you felt. And you said "I will as soon as I get a better view of the two" - that implies you were prepared to accept my proposition and vote either me or Gamma, simply because I said nyd was town and you bought it. That seems inconsistent, if you really believed I was scummy and trying to deceive you.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:59 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

It was really just bad wording from me. Nyd is really more of a null atm, since him defending Alisae doesn't really fit a lot with scum way of action, tho it could've been a way to try and remove all suspicions off him. I really did get confused from what I've said at the beginning of Day 2. Really for now you and Gamma are the only ones I have a slight scumread on. I hope this clears up the confusion in everybody's head including mine.
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:35 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 1005, Accountant wrote:Please don't vote DBW for now. That is extremely lazy play.
huh? you voted him early in D2, ignored my request to unvote, when he was L-1, and now you say this, when only 1 vote on him and everyone already wait his replacement? It really pings me
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:56 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 1013, Ramcius wrote:
In post 1005, Accountant wrote:Please don't vote DBW for now. That is extremely lazy play.
huh? you voted him early in D2, ignored my request to unvote, when he was L-1, and now you say this, when only 1 vote on him and everyone already wait his replacement? It really pings me
I mean that you shouldn't vote someone in the process of being replaced.

Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:37 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 1014, Accountant wrote:
In post 1013, Ramcius wrote:
I mean that you shouldn't vote someone in the process of being replaced.
indeed, you blatantly prod dodging
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:57 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Srceenplay Replaces deathbywobbuffet effective immediately.
Show
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:08 am

Post by Srceenplay »

Hi everyone. I am at work right now. Please allow me time to catch up. About 1000 post, might take a little bit.

For now,

UNVOTE:
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

Take your time mate and hopefully you will be more active then DBW ^^
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:17 am

Post by Srceenplay »

I'm on page 14

Just read your post, and liked them thoughts.
I will post a read list st d1 end.

I'm still at work now.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:44 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1019, Srceenplay wrote:I'm on page 14

Just read your post, and liked them thoughts.
I will post a read list st d1 end.

I'm still at work now.
Page 14 .-.

I'm going to be away on vacation by the time you finish :( . No rush though, I'd rather you not give artificial reads.

UNVOTE: DBW/Screenplay
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Sweetness
tbh I think the shading on me plus what Accountant brought up is good reason to:
VOTE: Pep
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 1021, Gamma Emerald wrote:Sweetness
tbh I think the shading on me plus what Accountant brought up is good reason to:
And for other reasons.

VOTE: pep
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1022, nydushermain wrote:
In post 1021, Gamma Emerald wrote:Sweetness
And for other reasons.

VOTE: pep
L-1
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

Going for a fast hammer ei? No real reasons for lynching me, jus putting it on there.

Gamma if anything you really have been inconsistent troughout the game. You hop on here and there and then disappear from the action for a while till you find another time to hop in. I'm not pulling shade I'm developing a theory. You really should see the difference. Also you basically have nothing to back your lynch. You just use other people's saying and lynch the person who is on the radar atm. You also haven't started any wagons or really developed any atrong reads. This is either very lazy play or just scum behavior.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

Also nyd, would love to hear your other reasons too. I think I already gave answers to everything you pushed against me and you didn't comment on that. A blind lynch without anything to back it up.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”