Newbie 1767 | Winter | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:15 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 1.09

:!:
EchoVision
(4): Huntress, lucca261, Raskolnikov, TheBrie
Loopdan
(1): Fredrick E Campbell
SensFan
(1): EchoVision
Fredrick E Campbell
(1): Loopdan

Not Voting
: Selynee, SensFan
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-01-11 20:50:00)

Notes:

Last edited by PenguinPower on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:18 am

Post by Selynee »

Lucca, how do you read post 183?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:20 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Don't hammer today please, I'm going to get back to this game tomorrow
deranged and incoherent
?
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:50 am

Post by TheBrie »

@Sensfan, why are you so eager to hammer?
I'm more comfortable with waiting a few days as Loopy planned.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:47 am

Post by TheBrie »

My phone keyboard refused to let me type morte but I'm back at my computer now. We've still got 6 days might be able to figure out more int that time.

The one problem I have with Echo being scum is that I can't figure out who he's working with. My other scum signals come from Sensfan and Huntress. Unless Echo and Sensfan are doing a great job of bussing one another there's someone else we haven't picked up on yet.

Fred is unlikely, but possible. Selynne is the only other one who's not going for Echo, but she's my second strongest town read.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:34 pm

Post by SensFan »

In post 198, lucca261 wrote:
In post 183, SensFan wrote:I haven't sheeped anyone beyond my intial RVS vote. I think my feelings on most people are pretty clear.
both your votes at Frederick and Brie happened one post after another vote on him.
In both cases someone else happened to check in first. I actually gave reasoning for the Fred vote before you did. Is anyone but the first person to log on after something bad is posted just sheeping?
In post 203, TheBrie wrote:@Sensfan, why are you so eager to hammer?
I'm not eager to hammer at all. I just want to set a clear expectation of a claim, and so there is the very sincere threat of a hammer to dissuade him from doing something stupid (like not claiming).
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

EchoVision has been prodded
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 152, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 125, EchoVision wrote:Sens decided to hop on a wagon for Brie putting her at L-2(I believe) with absolutely no explanation. Yeah shit like that happens, but this struck me as very odd. The most suspicious thing for me was right after Loopdan used his fake guess shit. Sens said, "Wow. Guess that's that. Nice job loopdan." He didn't even bother reading the wiki or anything about it. He seemed so eager to end the game but didn't say anything at all about the whole thing and how ridiculous it seemed. He was just way way WAY too eager to put the game to an end. I'm on my way home now, so I'll post the rest of my findings later. For now,

VOTE: SensFan
How do you put theBrie l-1 on also nothing and then have a problem with sens earlier l-2 vote?

Looks like after you got called out on your vote you went to look at who did similar to do the same. IDK how as town you could literally just have done the same thing THEN you scumread sens off of it without noticing at all...
Is the cognitive dissonance not obvious even to a newbie here?
He seemed so eager to end the game but didn't say anything at all about the whole thing and how ridiculous it seemed. He was just way way WAY too eager to put the game to an end.
And this looks like hardcore exaggeration and twisting of a pretty short post of sens.

How are you this super confident on the judgement given what you've actually said?
The l-2 vote when you yourself l-1'd and a "Nice job loopdan" is a huge mismatch for this conclusion you're trying to bring out of it and I can't possibly see how what you say would've brought you to that read.
I feel like this confidence is being faked here and this post is trying to make sens look bad on BS.

VOTE: Echo
The l-1 was a mistake, didn't realize that it put her at l-1. That's why immediately after I unvoted, I didn't feel a Brie kill was necessary just yet. (And I still don't, but cmon get your own scum reads and stop asking huntress for theirs God damn). Figured the fact I didn't know I put her at L-1 was kind of obvious due to my unvote within 5 minutes, but whatever. The vote was originally just supposed to be a pressure vote but I'd rather not put her at l-1just for pressure.

I typed this out but never sent it. God damn it... well here ya go. just got out of 6 and a half hours of traffic so I'll post tomorrow ugh I want sleep
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:47 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 207, EchoVision wrote:
In post 152, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 125, EchoVision wrote:Sens decided to hop on a wagon for Brie putting her at L-2(I believe) with absolutely no explanation. Yeah shit like that happens, but this struck me as very odd. The most suspicious thing for me was right after Loopdan used his fake guess shit. Sens said, "Wow. Guess that's that. Nice job loopdan." He didn't even bother reading the wiki or anything about it. He seemed so eager to end the game but didn't say anything at all about the whole thing and how ridiculous it seemed. He was just way way WAY too eager to put the game to an end. I'm on my way home now, so I'll post the rest of my findings later. For now,

VOTE: SensFan
How do you put theBrie l-1 on also nothing and then have a problem with sens earlier l-2 vote?

Looks like after you got called out on your vote you went to look at who did similar to do the same. IDK how as town you could literally just have done the same thing THEN you scumread sens off of it without noticing at all...
Is the cognitive dissonance not obvious even to a newbie here?
He seemed so eager to end the game but didn't say anything at all about the whole thing and how ridiculous it seemed. He was just way way WAY too eager to put the game to an end.
And this looks like hardcore exaggeration and twisting of a pretty short post of sens.

How are you this super confident on the judgement given what you've actually said?
The l-2 vote when you yourself l-1'd and a "Nice job loopdan" is a huge mismatch for this conclusion you're trying to bring out of it and I can't possibly see how what you say would've brought you to that read.
I feel like this confidence is being faked here and this post is trying to make sens look bad on BS.

VOTE: Echo
The l-1 was a mistake, didn't realize that it put her at l-1. That's why immediately after I unvoted, I didn't feel a Brie kill was necessary just yet. (And I still don't, but cmon get your own scum reads and stop asking huntress for theirs God damn). Figured the fact I didn't know I put her at L-1 was kind of obvious due to my unvote within 5 minutes, but whatever. The vote was originally just supposed to be a pressure vote but I'd rather not put her at l-1just for pressure.

I typed this out but never sent it. God damn it... well here ya go. just got out of 6 and a half hours of traffic so I'll post tomorrow ugh I want sleep
Why didn't you say this at the time? This feels like last minute desperation.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 201, Selynee wrote:Lucca, how do you read post 183?
I mean, he did sheep people after the RVS. I'm curious why you asked me about that. Do you have something to say about it?
In post 205, SensFan wrote:
In post 183, SensFan wrote:I haven't sheeped anyone beyond my intial RVS vote. I think my feelings on most people are pretty clear.
both your votes at Frederick and Brie happened one post after another vote on him.
In both cases someone else happened to check in first. I actually gave reasoning for the Fred vote before you did. Is anyone but the first person to log on after something bad is posted just sheeping?
No. I'm not just saying that this is the only two situations it happened. I'm talking about how you're treating Loopdan and the need you had to play along with the gameshot thing after it had no shot at doing anything.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by SensFan »

Welp. That wasn't a claim.

Vote: Echo
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Post by lucca261 »

that doesn't count as a hammer. give rasko the time he requested.
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:36 pm

Post by Selynee »

@lucca- I wanted a second opinion. To be exact, in my first game, a player used the argument that a non-traditional defense to an accusation (as in not giving the kind of defense that people expect) is more likely to come from town than mafia. Obviously, this is a different situation here (started with the fact that SensFan is an experienced player while the person in that game wasn't), so I've wanted to see how someone else reads that post.
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:58 pm

Post by Fredrick E Campbell »

In post 205, SensFan wrote:
In post 203, TheBrie wrote:@Sensfan, why are you so eager to hammer?
I'm not eager to hammer at all. I just want to set a clear expectation of a claim, and so there is the very sincere threat of a hammer to dissuade him from doing something stupid (like not claiming).
Not claiming is a stupid thing to do?
I AM BACK
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:00 pm

Post by Fredrick E Campbell »

In post 195, TheBrie wrote:
In post 190, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
In post 187, TheBrie wrote:Reading through again, I realized that all Echo has done is RSV vote Loopdan, make a couple of pointless comments, randomly voted for me, and immediately retracted, and make a weak case against Sensfan. I've checked his other game, and though he was quiet there I think it's different. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to rely much on meta from one game, but he hasn't been taking the game seriously.

VOTE: EchoVision
At least he's trying.
What do you mean by that, Fred? I'm not sure what you're getting at.
I meant he was trying to get reads.
I AM BACK
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:17 am

Post by SensFan »

In post 211, lucca261 wrote:that doesn't count as a hammer. give rasko the time he requested.
Thanks for that.

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:25 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 1.10 - FINAL

:dead:
EchoVision
(5): Huntress, lucca261, Raskolnikov, TheBrie, SensFan (LYNCH)
Loopdan
(1): Fredrick E Campbell
SensFan
(1): EchoVision
Fredrick E Campbell
(1): Loopdan

Not Voting
: Selynee
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-01-11 20:50:00)

Notes:

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:33 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Day 1 Lynch

EchoVision,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day 1

Night 1 begins now and will last for 48 hours, or for (expired on 2017-01-08 06:30:00)
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:31 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Night 1

No one died during the night.

Day 2 begins now and will last for 14 days, or for (expired on 2017-01-22 06:30:00)
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:31 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 2.01

Not Voting
: Selynee, Fredrick E Campbell, lucca261, TheBrie, Loopdan, SensFan, Raskolnikov, Huntress
With 8 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-01-22 06:30:00)
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:34 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 186, Huntress wrote:
In post 142, TheBrie wrote:Huntress, what do you think of Sensfan and Loopdan. I'm sure they're not a team, but everything else about them is uncertain.
I haven't got a good read on Sensfan yet but he's looking townish so far. Loopdan I'm beginning to think may be scum. That question about Sensfan's vote felt weird, then there was the defence of Echo.

There's more I need to follow up on. I'll do that tomorrow.
What did you need to follow up on?
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:01 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 215, SensFan wrote:
In post 211, lucca261 wrote:that doesn't count as a hammer. give rasko the time he requested.
Thanks for that.

how did that turn out?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:07 am

Post by SensFan »

Eh. You forced my hand. Worked okay, considering.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:15 am

Post by Loopdan »

@lucca-- If you wanted more time, why did you point out the hammer didn't count?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:26 am

Post by SensFan »

I'm also interested in that.

There were two options: that I intentionally screwed up the vote formatting, or that it was an honest mistake and I intended to hammer. In either case, pointing it out leads to me immediately hammering.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”