Newbie 1768: Party Mafia - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:29 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

okay, so I went through and reread and I don't want to lynch {tojam, nancy, Lemon, Jae} today.

I most want to do this
VOTE: Revan

reasons forthcoming
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:51 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 261, bowdown wrote:Titus:

Did you learn anything either from your initial naked vote, or from me joining you on Lemon a couple pages ago?

Has your read if GL changed? I'm still townreading him.
Yes. It has taught me that my scumreads are likely correct given wagon reactions.

My largest wtf though is GL's most recent posting on that.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:53 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 202, Revan wrote:Bow down why are are you so inclined to vote Lemon, if Titus didn't even present a case that could?
In post 203, bowdown wrote:To see what happens and try to sort out my scumreads.
In post 204, Revan wrote:That doesn't make any sense. If you wanted to see what would happen, you would've voted Lemon before Titus asked you to.
This sequence looks like Revan is stretching for reasons to interact/scumread bowdown. I don't like the subtle embellishment phrasing in of "so inclined" to vote, like bowdown's vote was simply a vote, and it's not as if bowdown's scumread on Lemon wasn't established beforehand. One of my favorite tells is exaggeration/embellishment in pushing something, scum feel compelled to make their reads/cases sound more genuine and so they tend to add a subtle layer of aggressiveness when they comment that townies don't usually exhibit. Further, I think is a sensible answer to Revan's question, I can't really grok Revan's comment in . bowdown sheeping Titus doesn't preclude things from happening, I feel if Revan was honestly engaging with bowdown's response then he would have considered that.

I like what bowdown pointed out in as well.

But the big kicker is here:
In post 269, Revan wrote:I never scumread Titus, I voted her to get a reaction because I was having a tough time discerning her alignment.
This statement isn't congruent with Revan's ISO. Revan entered the game giving some townreads and then calls Titus "obviously scum" in . Even if this was intentionally meant to be hyperbole, if Revan were town the Titus scumread behind the post would still be genuine. However in he's now claiming that he "never" scumread Titus - I think a townie might acknowledge that their read was weaker than they presented, but I don't think a townie would dismiss it entirely. It reads more like scum!Revan is nervous about what Jae pointed out in and is trying to wave away the inconsistency between their "scumread" in Titus and their switch to Jae.

p-edit: maybe if you had waited for my forthcoming post it wouldn't be "wtf" to you? Why did you make that comment before I had explained?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:58 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 239, JaeReed wrote:
In post 182, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 136, bowdown wrote:What do you think of the questions Jae has asked so far (e.g. 88, 102)? Do you feel like they're from a protown perspective?
oops I forgot to respond to actually.

response to : wasn't bothered by it
thoughts on : I could see it either way, if town!Jae is scumreading nancy then it makes sense to poke at me about it like that, but if scum!Jae were fishing for mislynch votes then it could serve that purpose as well. It's something to revisit on a nancy flip, and also slightly more informative now that Jae also has nancy as their top townread.
I think GL followed to the wrong question there. I think this was his answer to me for . I'd like him to look at again and answer again in that case.
You're right here, I was looking at post . I think bowdown's point is more clear when looking at , those read to me like IC questions rather than town game-solving questions. I wouldn't (and didn't :cool:) give you any towncred for
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by tojam2 »

In post 253, Titus wrote:ElectricLemon's phrasing suggests she knows that nancy is town. In 68, she says nancy isn't trying to "prove her innocence", why not say she is not trying to appear town? Minor, but it caused me to want more of a look.

EL also makes a big deal about how he's not pushing anyone, as if sbe doesn't want to upset anyone. Her "push" if you can call it that, fades when "the cool kids" unvote. She makes a big deal about how she's not accusing anyone.

Then, she throws a comment that me playing quieter means that there's a 1 v 1 with conftown.
Or you're the conf town, like last time we played a newbie together.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:02 pm

Post by tojam2 »

Also you misgendered EL at least once in that quote.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Post by tojam2 »

But we do need to decide on a lynch in the next 48 hours before we rush a mislynch.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:05 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 253, Titus wrote:Her "push" if you can call it that, fades when "the cool kids" unvote. She makes a big deal about how she's not accusing anyone.
also Titus if you're going to make this point, I'd like you to directly address EL's response to me in and Agent Sparkles in . Those posts read genuine to me.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 281, tojam2 wrote:But we do need to decide on a lynch in the next 48 hours before we rush a mislynch.
this is hard to do without Agent Sparkles voting and with a number of legacy/vanity solo votes (EL on tojam, tojam on nancy). At this point in time I think the onus is on you three to make consolidation happen. Normally I'd include Jae in this group too but I trust them to start voting/pushing a lynch before we get too close to deadline. At the very least you can talk about players you're not willing to lynch.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:13 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 276, Titus wrote:
In post 261, bowdown wrote:Titus:

Did you learn anything either from your initial naked vote, or from me joining you on Lemon a couple pages ago?

Has your read if GL changed? I'm still townreading him.
Yes. It has taught me that my scumreads are likely correct given wagon reactions.

My largest wtf though is GL's most recent posting on that.
Refresh me since I'm reading at the start more than recent posts. You think it's EL and who?
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:14 pm

Post by JaeReed »

^ Nevermind I just remembered the EccentricLion slip.

I think Lion is town here. This is more in-depth and subtle analysis than I saw from him in his scumgame.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 282, GuiltyLion wrote:also Titus if you're going to make this point, I'd like you to directly address EL's response to me in
and Agent Sparkles in . Those posts read genuine to me.
sorry, this should have been , not

mixing up post numbers left and right
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:43 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 224, nancy wrote:@Jae According to what I understand about this game, I find your comments re Lemon wagon to be scummy. You don't seem very confident in your TR on her, I'm certainly not, and you've previously stated that L-2/1 is a great way to force people to prove themselves. Please explain to me why I'm wrong.
I somehow find myself agreeing with bowdown's earlier assessment that pressure on Lemon won't do much good. Regardless of alignment I think votes piling on her will just cause her to flail more, which isn't helpful if she's town.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:53 pm

Post by JaeReed »

@Titus can I get your opinion on that please?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:54 pm

Post by JaeReed »

^ specifically on my thoughts about how those posts more point to town!Lemon than scum!Lemon
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:42 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 256, bowdown wrote:@Jae 247

On you and tojam being scum together: there is you immediately calling tojam a town read along with sparkles, tojam sheeping you, tojam's awkward 39 tiwnread of you for stirring up conversation. Plus the post that really put the idea in my mind:
In post 143, JaeReed wrote:I learn a lot more without people sheeping me.
This reads a lot like "hey scumbuddy, knock it off"

Now this is all a moot point with town-tojam, but I definitely thought Jae-tojam scumteam was decently likely.

Breaking up my response to you into a couple posts since I'm on my phone.
Soft answer to this: I was more concerned about the newbies sheeping me than having the SE's sheep me. I know that the SE's generally have some prior experience scumhunting, where newbies can tend to be a bit of a coinflip. Added bonus: town ICs tend to die N1. So it's best to make sure those more likely to survive are thinking things through on their own, since the team could also be two SE's.
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:41 am

Post by Revan »

@GL how would my Titus scumread still be genuine? That makes no sense. I figured the best way to get a reaction is to call them out as "obviously scum" to get them panicked that they got caught so easily.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:46 am

Post by Revan »

I guess Titus's no response is a bit of a towntell, then? I would think scum are more focused on self-preservation and would defend themselves.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:06 am

Post by bowdown »

Hey Revan, can you go more in depth into Jae's 143 and why you're reading Jae as scum for it?
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:18 am

Post by bowdown »

In post 292, Revan wrote:I guess Titus's no response is a bit of a towntell, then? I would think scum are more focused on self-preservation and would defend themselves.
Exhibit B of you just going through the motions of scumhunting. Titus has been completely ignoring your pressure for pages and just now you decide that might be a towntell? You called him out as obvscum like 5 pages ago - I feel like if you were actually hunting you'd try to assess the reaction before GL called you out on it.

Exhibit A is you totally missing that Jae didn't even have responses to respond to earlier.
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:21 am

Post by bowdown »

Nancy - I could see Jae-Lemon. I also could see Jae-Titus, and would rather go Jae than Lemon. But IMO Revan is scummier.
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:46 am

Post by bowdown »

Hey GL, question for you that's bugging me: You voted and made a case on me, and then now follow me onto Regan. It feels weird, especially given that:

- You already followed me once onto Lemon

- Of the three people who have been posting the most (Jae, Nancy, and myself) I am the only one with a townread on you.

I don't know if it's a thing or not, but it's really bugging me.
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:09 am

Post by Revan »

I feel as though their 143 is a contradicting statement. They say that their questions make people question the game state, and their purpose is for scumhunting. How does this translate? How does someone thinking about the gamestate give Jae knowledge of who's scum and who's town?
―Darth Malak to Revan
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:11 am

Post by Revan »

In post 294, bowdown wrote:
In post 292, Revan wrote:I guess Titus's no response is a bit of a towntell, then? I would think scum are more focused on self-preservation and would defend themselves.
Exhibit B of you just going through the motions of scumhunting. Titus has been completely ignoring your pressure for pages and just now you decide that might be a towntell? You called him out as obvscum like 5 pages ago - I feel like if you were actually hunting you'd try to assess the reaction before GL called you out on it.

Exhibit A is you totally missing that Jae didn't even have responses to respond to earlier.
I can't assess a reaction that isn't there. There literally was no reaction. I was planning to assess Titus's reaction; if it was overdefensive, showed signs of distress, or if Titus remained calm and collected.
―Darth Malak to Revan
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:18 am

Post by Revan »

In post 285, JaeReed wrote:^ Nevermind I just remembered the EccentricLion slip.

I think Lion is town here. This is more in-depth and subtle analysis than I saw from him in his scumgame.
I also scumread this. I scumread anyone for meta-reading. Meta reads are just an easy way out for scum. "x is y because this isn't their z game"
―Darth Malak to Revan

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”