Newbie 1767 | Winter | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

^^^
do I need to read this it looks intimidatingly large and when i attempt to read it everything blurs together.
Always ask for consent before hopping on someone's wagon.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

In post 446, lucca261 wrote:Point to me where there was filler on my posts. I want you to do it, because I think you were just using this word to make the case feel "bigger".
? Look at your ISO.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:56 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

Spoiler:
In post 271, lucca261 wrote:
In post 255, SensFan wrote:People change their mind, go inactive, get bored. Scum have time to come up with a fakeclaim. I've seen countless times where people are wagoned to L-1 with intent to lynch pending a claim, they refuse to claim, and people chicken out and don't force the issue.

Four people were content voting him. I gave 24h notice that I would hammer if there was no claim, and no one unvoted. I hammered. Don't try and put that all on me.
I don't like this. Seems that your only concern is that people are blaming you for the hammer.

Don't try and put that all on me.
is weird. Seems weirdly defensive. Of course people are putting the blame on you, you hammered with a lot of time left.

The hammer is kinda scummy? Yes, but the defensive stance you're doing is starting to concern me more.
In post 272, lucca261 wrote:Weird that Selynee requested replacement after her weird vote on Rasko. Not saying that it's scummy. Just weird.

Another weird thing is the lack of posts from Fred on D2. He was so active D1, and now seems to be just trying to avoid pressure.

@fred, do you still think that Loopdan is scum? if so, why?
@loopdan, who is your top scumread right now? sensfan, fred, me or huntress?
@rasko, now that we know Echo's flip, how do you read his wagon? I'm trying to do it, and is only making me more paranoid.

--

last day wagon seemed weird. there wasn't a lot of pressure on people, but the votes started to pile up quickly, leading to the hammer. I'm starting to think that there is no scum on that wagon, save for maybe Huntress.

I'm starting to get paranoid here, and this is not good. At the moment I don't townread anyone, save for maybe Rasko.

VOTE: Frederick
In post 278, lucca261 wrote:
In post 276, TheBrie wrote:What's been so hard about this game? I'm finding it getting a bit harder now that every one seems to be cross-voting. but before it didn't seem bad.
lucca261 wrote:knew it was coming.

finally somebody votes me. was starting to get lonely.
That sounds like you're trying to laugh your vote off. As if it's not a big deal. Not that it is very big yet.
It's not a big deal right now. I was expecting someone to vote me.

I say right now because I think it's possible that scum might wagon me. I did have some scummy posts last day, and no player has a townread on me. So it would be easy to scum to wagon me, since they don't have a hard stance on me right now.

Hey, by your readlist you should be voting me. Why aren't you? Also, how Fred hasn't said enough for you to read him. He has said a lot.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

There are so many posts just like this where you just start rambling on and literally offering nothing.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by SensFan »

In post 450, Sickofit1138 wrote:^^^
do I need to read this it looks intimidatingly large and when i attempt to read it everything blurs together.
Eh, looking back it's a bit wall-of-text-ish. Sorry.

tl;dr is that the messed up formatting has upside but no risk. Someone might say something they shouldn't, or might actively tell me not to hammer (despite my intentions) but not unvote. 'Downside' is that the hammer sticks and we're no worse off than a normal hammer.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 452, Sickofit1138 wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 255, SensFan wrote:People change their mind, go inactive, get bored. Scum have time to come up with a fakeclaim. I've seen countless times where people are wagoned to L-1 with intent to lynch pending a claim, they refuse to claim, and people chicken out and don't force the issue.

Four people were content voting him. I gave 24h notice that I would hammer if there was no claim, and no one unvoted. I hammered. Don't try and put that all on me.
I don't like this. Seems that your only concern is that people are blaming you for the hammer.

is weird. Seems weirdly defensive. Of course people are putting the blame on you, you hammered with a lot of time left.

The hammer is kinda scummy? Yes, but the defensive stance you're doing is starting to concern me more.
In post 272, lucca261 wrote:Weird that Selynee requested replacement after her weird vote on Rasko. Not saying that it's scummy. Just weird.

Another weird thing is the lack of posts from Fred on D2. He was so active D1, and now seems to be just trying to avoid pressure.

@rasko, now that we know Echo's flip, how do you read his wagon? I'm trying to do it, and is only making me more paranoid.

--

last day wagon seemed weird. there wasn't a lot of pressure on people, but the votes started to pile up quickly, leading to the hammer. I'm starting to think that there is no scum on that wagon, save for maybe Huntress.

I'm starting to get paranoid here, and this is not good. At the moment I don't townread anyone, save for maybe Rasko.

In post 276, TheBrie wrote:What's been so hard about this game? I'm finding it getting a bit harder now that every one seems to be cross-voting. but before it didn't seem bad.

That sounds like you're trying to laugh your vote off. As if it's not a big deal. Not that it is very big yet.

I say right now because I think it's possible that scum might wagon me. I did have some scummy posts last day, and no player has a townread on me. So it would be easy to scum to wagon me, since they don't have a hard stance on me right now.

Hey, by your readlist you should be voting me. Why aren't you? Also, how Fred hasn't said enough for you to read him. He has said a lot.
Point the quotes. I see no filler.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:01 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

In post 157, lucca261 wrote:Preparing a big post for tomorrow. Sorry for my lack of activity so far. Tomorrow this is changing.
In post 269, lucca261 wrote:I'm here Rasko. Posting now.
In post 322, lucca261 wrote:preparing a big post right now. let's go.
In post 182, lucca261 wrote: thought this was gonna be bigger.
In post 398, lucca261 wrote:Posting right now. Let's go.
In post 445, lucca261 wrote:Preparing a big post right now let's go
^^^ I'm naming you Donald Trump. You're so concerned about making walls :wink:

but seriously isnt this... well...
weird
?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:02 pm

Post by SensFan »

Huh. That's...noteworthy. I'd have to look back and see how often I (or anyone else) said something similar, though. Certainly the era of smartphones makes it easier to post short stuff on the go here, while not wanting to look like you're ignoring the major stuff.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

In post 455, lucca261 wrote:
In post 452, Sickofit1138 wrote:
Spoiler:

--

Point the quotes. I see no filler.
"im getting paranoid of fred, im getting paranoid of Sens.... loopdan is acting weird...." i fell like you're trying to make walls of text out of everything by saying nothing.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:04 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 456, Sickofit1138 wrote:
In post 157, lucca261 wrote:Preparing a big post for tomorrow. Sorry for my lack of activity so far. Tomorrow this is changing.

weird
?
I do this at every alignment and every game I play. You're welcome to check my other games, If you doubt this.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

literally he posted a readlist and said he thought it was gonna be bigger. Like why are you so self conscious about how bug your readlists look?
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:06 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 460, Sickofit1138 wrote:literally he posted a readlist and said he thought it was gonna be bigger. Like why are you so self conscious about how bug your readlists look?
I thought I said several times that I was having difficult reading this game. Expected to be bigger = expected to have more definitive reads. Context is important.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:09 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

In post 459, lucca261 wrote:

weird
?
I do this at every alignment and every game I play. You're welcome to check my other games, If you doubt this.
Ive already done a meta dive of you... and i've seen a couple times where you want to do a big catchup post or something but not to this extent
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

In post 461, lucca261 wrote:
In post 460, Sickofit1138 wrote:literally he posted a readlist and said he thought it was gonna be bigger. Like why are you so self conscious about how bug your readlists look?
I thought I said several times that I was having difficult reading this game. Expected to be bigger = expected to have more definitive reads. Context is important.
I feel like that is a bit of a stretch considering all your "big posts coming". I feel like my point is made

--

VOTE: lucca[/vote
You deserve the vote more than sens at this point.

Sens I would like to come back and revisit my read on you at some point i feel as if i could be confBiasing my read on you.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

VOTE: lucca
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 462, Sickofit1138 wrote:
In post 459, lucca261 wrote:

weird
?
Ive already done a meta dive of you... and i've seen a couple times where you want to do a big catchup post or something but not to this extent
Now I know you're lying. This is 100% not true. Half my posts are like this. Not even saying about my ongoing games.

My two completed games, in which I was both town, I did this half my posts.

But why I'm even saying this? You're going to manipulate anything I say, so it would fit your narrative...

---

notice the change in tone from the last few posts, and now, when he realized that I actually do that every time, and he wouldn't be able to use that to mislynch me.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 463, Sickofit1138 wrote:
In post 461, lucca261 wrote:
I feel like that is a bit of a stretch considering all your "big posts coming". I feel like my point is made

--

VOTE: lucca[/vote
You deserve the vote more than sens at this point.

Sens I would like to come back and revisit my read on you at some point i feel as if i could be confBiasing my read on you.
--
What this even mean?

My big posts coming mean that I'm going to do a catchup. That I'm reading the thread at the moment. You make no sense.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 2.08

Fredrick E Campbell
(3):, SensFan, Huntress, Loopdan
lucca261
(2): TheBrie, Sickofit1138
SensFan
(2): Fredrick E Campbell, lucca261

Not Voting
: Raskolnikov
With 8 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-01-22 06:30:00)

Notes:

Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by Loopdan »

So I put Fred at L-1. Then all hell breaks loose with accusations and votes moving around.

Yeah, I feel pretty good about the Fred wagon. If Fred is town I don't think the game loses focus off him like that. And if Fred flips scum, we need to examine the last couple pages Tomorrow.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

lol change in tone? You can keep trying to read me. I have not seen anything in your games with as much reputation and obnoxiousness as I am seeing here.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:23 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 465, lucca261 wrote:
Now I know you're lying. This is 100% not true. Half my posts are like this. Not even saying about my ongoing games.

My two completed games, in which I was both town, I did this half my posts.
Maybe not exactly half, but post like that do seem pretty standard for Lucca. That alone isn't enough to call him scum.

I'm going to have to read back and remember why I was voting Lucca. But since he's not about to be lynched and I'm not certain enough to jump to another wagon I'll leave it as it is 'til I have.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:38 pm

Post by TheBrie »

Strangely my Lucca vote wasn't actually spurred directly by Lucca doing something scummy. It started with his reaction to the first vote on him, but I stayed on Huntress then. A little later Huntress had some posts that made her sound less scummy so I swapped. Also Sickofit came in with various accusations against Lucca which strengthened my reasons. (Partly because I had a town read for Selynee) Lucca certainly isn't cleared yet in my mind, so I'll stay there until further developments.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:41 pm

Post by TheBrie »

Oh and @sickofit, your avatar is more annoying to me than Fred's. Maybe not epilepsy causing, but I hate animated gifs. Particularly coloured fast paced ones. Loopdan's isn't so bad.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:33 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Fredrick E Campbell has been prodded.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

In post 472, TheBrie wrote:Oh and @sickofit, your avatar is more annoying to me than Fred's. Maybe not epilepsy causing, but I hate animated gifs. Particularly coloured fast paced ones. Loopdan's isn't so bad.
K avatar changed.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”