Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 1.06Image

MooginSoosy (1)
Pepchoninga (1)
Fykus (1)
Formerfish (1)
Toto (2)
, ,
Secret Agent Jin (1)
Not Voting (2)
, ,

Day one deadline is Monday January 25th, 2 PM PST. (expired on 2017-01-25 15:00:00)

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by Formerfish »

You won't know if I am a real PR until all roles are known. For me to be cleared for say, I dunno, Cop, that would mean that the doctor came forward, or that we massclaimed and every other town member came out as vt.

Then we have both PRs outed and scum can take us out at will.

There is no benefit for town to have this information out there.

And your vote is still on the claimed pr.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:21 pm

Post by Toto »

No. That is not the way it works in newbies. We can confirm whether you are telling the truth or not without revealing the other PR.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Yeah? Hows that work?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Formerfish »

We looking for a CC?
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:24 pm

Post by Toto »

The other PR(s) wouldn't say anything unless there is a counter claim. Otherwise everyone says 'No counter-claim'
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:25 pm

Post by Formerfish »

And that doesn't confirm what role I am.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:05 pm

Post by Toto »

I don't follow. It would only reveal the potential set up we are playing. Say you claim doctor.

That means there can not be any Jailkeeper or Bulletproof. So if anyone else is a Doctor, Jailkeeper or Bulletproof they would counter claim. If they are cop or tracker they would just say 'No counter claim', same as everyone else. If everyone says 'No counter-claim' you are confirmed. If someone counter claims we lynch you.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:10 pm

Post by Fykus »

Sorry for the late reply to the thread everybody. Moogin, as for why I never mentioned anything about your vote on me I figured you had just jumped on the bandwagon because of TS calling me out on voting for him so I didnt feel the need to make a post to you.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:33 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 237, Toto wrote:Because if he really is a PR we can tell whether he is telling the truth or not in newbies set up immediatelly. Im basically asking him to prove Im wrong about him being scum but he doesn't want to do it.

Im fine dropping this for today but if this scumfuck is alive tomorrow he better claims immediatelly in d2.
Toto fking drop it for today tyvm
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:39 pm

Post by TierShift »

We can lynch fykus if you want?
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:05 pm

Post by Toto »

yeah. it's up to fish if he wants to do this today or tomorrow.

VOTE: Fykus
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:43 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Na, it was a different thing when I voted for you fykus. I looked at what you were saying and noticed that you wouldn't let tiershift go and continually called him suspicious even though your vote wasn't on him anymore. Obviously you can be suspicious of everyone but continuing to stick on one person is odd.

As for this whole role claim business....there's no benefit right now?? If we get to a point where we have to role claim then that's fine but doing it so early only leads to a target on someone's back I think. Maybe it'll make sense the next day when there's less people but right now I don't see it.

There are a few people who have been very quiet. The new peopls, pep, main, and jack. Jin as well but jin will be returning tomorrow or Wednesday. I would say it's highly probable that one of those people are scum though I'm terrible with statistics.

I'm only bringing them up because we still have a lot of time before the day ends and I want to be sure we're making the right choice.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:24 am

Post by Toto »

Moogin. He already has a target on his back. If he is alive tomorrow I'd be very very suspicious. He needs to claim immediatelly if he survives.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:27 am

Post by Toto »

Moogin. From the innactives who is your top suspect?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:30 am

Post by TierShift »

Also not true. He can claim in LyLo, like every other power role. We don't know what kind of PR he has and we want scum to keep guessing. A counterclaim on day 3 is better than a counterclaim on day 1 or 2 because then the actual town PR has time to put in some work. If we get a counterclaim today this PR just dies. Fish already had committed to a PR claim so there is no way for him to back out.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:31 am

Post by TierShift »

Toto what do you think of moogin's read on fykus?
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:38 am

Post by Toto »

Trading one scum with a town PR nihgtkill sounds like a good bargain for town. That is one less mislymch, every towns member dream.

I had a town read on moogin and is one of the reasons for my naked vote on fykus. Lately I dont like her tone. She sounds confident and clueless at the same time which is a weird combination. But her case kind of made sense. My worry with Fykus is that he sounds like a newbie so he could just ne newbtown.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:41 am

Post by Toto »

I mean. Its like you were cop and had a guilty result. Very good for town.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:43 am

Post by TierShift »

Correct. However if there is no counterclaim we just gave scum part of their game plan. And the counterclaim doesn't run away. It's there tomorrow, or the day after.

Where do you feel moogin is confident?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:50 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

I'm wondering the same thing. I feel like I say a lot of things but don't really have the confidence behind what I'm saying. It might be building as the game continues but I still feel very not confident in most of my comments.

Out of the inactive, I feel most suspicious about Jack. He was here and present for a while then disappeared. I also feel suspicious about main, again present for a while then disappeared. Pep seems to respond more often from what I remember, and is more likely to engage with the group. Does the mafia tend to isolate themselves and make less substantial comments in the games you've played before?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:32 am

Post by nydushermain »

People seem scummier to me than the game I just played. Last game, I had a lot more town reads although that might be a good thing since I was wrong last game. Regardless, I had a town read on formerfish before his supposed "PR claim" which I don't particularly buy. Either way, not important today as it'll resolve itself tomorrow. Annoying though since you were my only solidish townread if you actually are a PR.

I'm going to ignore people who I consider null and just go right into people who I think are scummy.

I think that moogin has been playing a very strange game. Moogin to me seems like she's playing very laid back and trying to blend in. She's not playing aggressive at all and I feel like some of her reasoning has been off and not natural. For example, when she said in post 97 where she unvoted SAJ because she realized the questions being asked of SAJ were sarcastic? How are the questions asked by another person a scum tell for the person being asked? I also think it's interesting that she makes one light reads post and votes fykus based on like the first 3 pages of the game in post 78. She doesn't actually explicitly call fykus scum... just recaps some of the things he's done and calls it interesting and then votes. Then, in posts 262 and 270, she says that we should look at some of the inactive people and that she's unsure of who to lynch and that we should make sure? But earlier, she made a vote on fykus on what I believe to not be a confident scum read vote. I don't think her play makes any sense. She also claims that jack is the scummiest for her but she doesn't vote him at all even though her fykus vote is getting stale. Btw, jack is someone she actually called scummy, not just "interesting."

There's also a weird interaction between tiershift and toto and I can't tell if it's an IC trying to tell someone that they're playing the game poorly or a scum trying to help his partner get out of a situation that can only end up badly for his scum team. In post 212, TS says that toto is playing different from their previous game (and I'm sort of assuming toto was town in that game), which I assume is TS potentially scum reading toto. In post 214, TS again states that toto is potential scum by voicing that he's unsure of toto's intent in pushing formerfish. I feel like toto is doing things that could definitely be indicative of a scum push onto formerfish and not being able to react properly to formerfish's reverse aggression but TS is dancing around it really hard. TS also warns toto in post 235 saying "this is your last warning" and then toto continues to push on formerfish and TS just tries to dance around it further by saying "drop it" and trying to divert attention elsewhere in posts 259 and 260. Toto finally just drops it randomly after TS suggests lynching fykus and says "yeah let's just kill fykus" in post 261. Everything just screams of buddying up to me.

In addition to this, TS asks formerfish for his read on toto in post 215 and then when formerfish gives a case on toto, he just ignores it pretty much completely and just tries his best to get toto out of the situation he's in. What especially doesn't make sense to me is that he claimed that he asked toto "why are you so complacent this game?" to try to understand why he was playing so differently but during toto's push onto formerfish, he doesn't indicate at all that he's trying to figure out toto's reasoning. With respect to other players, TS asks questions such as "what is your read on ___", "why do you think _____", etc. But with toto during his push on formerfish, he doesn't ask "why are you doing this?", he, at best, just says "I wonder what he's up to hmm...." and then tries to pull toto out of the situation by diverting attention away and pushing on other people.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:36 am

Post by nydushermain »

Oh and IF toto is town, I think that TS is never scum. I don't think that, even as an IC, scum!TS would be throwing so many lifelines to town!toto. I think that scum!TS would just state that role fishing, etc. is just antitown in general but would be more than happy to let the fight go on. I think the way that TS pushed toto into a different direction is never scum!TS assisting town!toto.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:40 am

Post by nydushermain »

VOTE: Toto

I think that moogin is a good lynch as well but I feel like toto is just acting obviously scummy. Toto's role flip helps me a lot as well but either way, I think this is more likely to be scum than not.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:41 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 260, TierShift wrote:We can lynch fykus if you want?
Like why is fykus a better lynch than someone who is role fishing, even after constant warnings from the IC and other people explaining to him why what he is doing is bad? Why are you trying to work with someone who you think is potential scum as you mentioned in prior posts?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”