Newbie 1767 | Winter | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

In post 471, TheBrie wrote:Strangely my Lucca vote wasn't actually spurred directly by Lucca doing something scummy. It started with his reaction to the first vote on him, but I stayed on Huntress then. A little later Huntress had some posts that made her sound less scummy so I swapped.
Also Sickofit came in with various accusations against Lucca which strengthened my reasons
. (Partly because I had a town read for Selynee) Lucca certainly isn't cleared yet in my mind, so I'll stay there until further developments.
strengthened reasons for what?
Always ask for consent before hopping on someone's wagon.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 397, Loopdan wrote:Scum often prefer not giving townreads as it limits their lynch options. You have noticeably not offered TRs.
Scum like knowing everyone's townreads as it helps them to plan. That's why I asked you why you needed to know - a question you didn't answer.

@ Sickofit:
Those posts of lucca's listed in would be a useful tell if they weren't followed up, but they were, every time, so why are you taking them out of context?
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:47 pm

Post by Huntress »

I've read through the discussion between Rask and Sensfan, and I think all I've got to say about it is that it seems to be more about a clash of playstyles than anything else.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 475, Sickofit1138 wrote:
In post 471, TheBrie wrote:Strangely my Lucca vote wasn't actually spurred directly by Lucca doing something scummy. It started with his reaction to the first vote on him, but I stayed on Huntress then. A little later Huntress had some posts that made her sound less scummy so I swapped.
Also Sickofit came in with various accusations against Lucca which strengthened my reasons
. (Partly because I had a town read for Selynee) Lucca certainly isn't cleared yet in my mind, so I'll stay there until further developments.
Reasons for thinking Lucca was scummy. Your reads seemed to make sense.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 476, Huntress wrote:
@ Sickofit:
Those posts of lucca's listed in would be a useful tell if they weren't followed up, but they were, every time, so why are you taking them out of context?
Good point. I think it is just playstyle. I've still got my eye on him though.

I wonder if Fred is going to show up anytime soon.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:34 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Fredrick E Campbell has failed to pick up his prod and is being replaced. If he posts before a replacement is found, he may continue.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:19 am

Post by SensFan »

Or we could just lynch the slot and save us all some time.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:10 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 478, TheBrie wrote:
In post 475, Sickofit1138 wrote:
Reasons for thinking Lucca was scummy. Your reads seemed to make sense.
What about his reads seemed to make sense?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:08 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 468, Loopdan wrote:So I put Fred at L-1. Then all hell breaks loose with accusations and votes moving around.

Yeah, I feel pretty good about the Fred wagon. If Fred is town I don't think the game loses focus off him like that. And if Fred flips scum, we need to examine the last couple pages Tomorrow.
Quoting myself because it is important.

I'm concerned with how Rask moved from Fred to Sens and then unvoted Sens shortly thereafter without moving back to Fred. With no stated read change on Fred.

I want to flip Fred.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:18 am

Post by TheBrie »

In post 482, lucca261 wrote:
What about his reads seemed to make sense?
You were acting a bit weird. But with the way you have been acting lately it's starting to make less sense.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:25 am

Post by TheBrie »

In post 483, Loopdan wrote:
In post 468, Loopdan wrote:So I put Fred at L-1. Then all hell breaks loose with accusations and votes moving around.

Yeah, I feel pretty good about the Fred wagon. If Fred is town I don't think the game loses focus off him like that. And if Fred flips scum, we need to examine the last couple pages Tomorrow.
Quoting myself because it is important.

I'm concerned with how Rask moved from Fred to Sens and then unvoted Sens shortly thereafter without moving back to Fred. With no stated read change on Fred.

I want to flip Fred.
Makes sense. I still don't like lynching without hiving him a chance to defend himself, but a replacement will only make matters more confusing in his case.

VOTE: Frederick That's L-1.

@Loopdan I'm figuring you're partly doing it to get a read on Rask. What do you expect to find out either way he flips?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:49 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Sobolev Space replaces Fredrick E Campbell effective immediately.
Last edited by PenguinPower on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

Hey all! Looking forward to playing with everyone here.

I've already started reading through the thread and should finish by tonight or tomorrow morning. I see I'm at L-1 and all I ask is to refrain from hammering me until I've finished my read through and have posted my general thoughts. If any has questions about specific things or my thoughts on Frederick E Campbell's prior activity I'll be happy to answer those as well.

For now UNVOTE:
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by Loopdan »

In post 485, TheBrie wrote:@Loopdan I'm figuring you're partly doing it to get a read on Rask. What do you expect to find out either way he flips?
Rask is a helluva player, so while a scum flip of Fred looks bad for Rask, it certainly isn't 100%. I'm more marking it in case I am the NK so others can go back and look if I'm not around.

Whether or not Rask is scum, the way the counter-wagons sprung up so fast after Fred was put at L-1 is telling.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:42 pm

Post by TheBrie »

In post 488, Loopdan wrote: Whether or not Rask is scum, the way the counter-wagons sprung up so fast after Fred was put at L-1 is telling.

Is telling of what? I'm afraid I'm missing something important in strategy.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:54 pm

Post by TheBrie »

Sobolev Space made as good an entry as could be expected. Liked it better than Sickofit's. But he was replacing into an easier spot and had less pressure. I would be not want to be in Space's position.

I thought about unvoting temporarily, but I don't think anyone will want the heat from quick hammering amd the benefits of a Fred flip, if they do, haven't vanished.
Show
Was once the mistress of contingency plans. Finding all the wrong answers along with the right ones since December 2016.

Jingle when I was SK: Wish TB would have won though, she was obvtown.
Silliest line from my best game: But neither of you seem that smart.
As scum: RC could be scum.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:51 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Raskolnikov has been prodded
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:19 am

Post by SensFan »

In post 490, TheBrie wrote:Sobolev Space made as good an entry as could be expected. Liked it better than Sickofit's. But he was replacing into an easier spot and had less pressure. I would be not want to be in Space's position.

I thought about unvoting temporarily, but I don't think anyone will want the heat from quick hammering amd the benefits of a Fred flip, if they do, haven't vanished.
Uh, not for nothing..what do you mean that was a good entry? He didn't say anything, at all. Just 'Hey I'll catch up soon' and 'Please don't hammer me.'
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:32 am

Post by Sickofit1138 »

nah my entry was pretty much normal.... and Space, as Sens said, did really enter the game yet lol
Always ask for consent before hopping on someone's wagon.
TheBrie
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
TheBrie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:48 am

Post by TheBrie »

I'm not really saying that there was anything wrong with your entry. Someyhong just rubbed me the wring way.

And what I mean about Space is that
she
didn't sound at all nervous. Especially since we'd talked if lynching before we got a replacement. There is 20 pages to read through.
I would have expected her to have something to say by now.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:57 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Alright I'm here. Been kind of out of it for a while.
deranged and incoherent
?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:05 am

Post by SensFan »

In post 494, TheBrie wrote:I'm not really saying that there was anything wrong with your entry. Someyhong just rubbed me the wring way.

And what I mean about Space is that
she
didn't sound at all nervous. Especially since we'd talked if lynching before we got a replacement. There is 20 pages to read through.
I would have expected her to have something to say by now.
I'm really confused here. Literally all that she said was "Don't lynch me" with nothing at all of substance. How did you get from that 'Nice entrance; didn't sound at all nervous'?

You then say "There is 20 pages to read through. I would have expected her to have something to say by now."
Aren't those two sentences completely at odds with each other? If there is 20 pages to read through, wouldn't that tend to indicate it may take a while to get a real post? As well, saying "I would have expected her to have something to say by now" seems contradictory with your earlier claim she had a good entrance. Are you suggesting that it's a good thing she hasn't contributed anything, or that your opinion changed since you said her entry was good?
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:11 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

Hey sorry everyone. Something came up last night so I just finished reading through the game today. Will make a longer post with all my thoughts soon. It seems like a lot of people are set on lynching me which is unfortunate but hopefully I can get some good reads out before I die.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:12 am

Post by lucca261 »

Hey guys, I'm V/LA until 18/1. Maybe I'll enter just to check, but will be hard, because of internet issues.

I don't know how I'm supposed to announce, but I think this and PMing the mod will serve.

I will be back.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:17 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Sensfan explanation is okay I guess? I wish he could've explained it like that thoroughly right away at the beginning instead of having to be hounded for it and put in a life-or-death situation. It also assumes he's telling the truth about not knowing that it counted when mispelled which is kind of a gray area.

I'm still not convinced on him overall, though I doubt another wagon would achieve anything new either. If he could post with that level of detail and transparency more often that'd be great though.
deranged and incoherent
?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”