Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:26 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Also how do you feel about Jack's post and FF's post having extreme similarities? Do you think it's a coincidence or do you think there could be something there?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:30 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 474, MooginSoosy wrote:
In post 472, nydushermain wrote:What's your read on tiershift moogin?
I'm with you on TS being very inconsistent. There are a few posts that really stand out to me and you touched upon some of them as well. I'll go and find them.
Maybe I can get some traction on this o.O
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:32 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 475, MooginSoosy wrote:Also how do you feel about Jack's post and FF's post having extreme similarities? Do you think it's a coincidence or do you think there could be something there?
I'm not actually sure. I didn't really notice the similarities and I wouldn't particularly read into it since jack is giving me the impression that he was somewhat trolling with his post. Either way, it sounded extremely fake to me and I think he's a pretty good lynch target. Not the best one today though.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:46 am

Post by nydushermain »

Pep, i see you're online! If you're reading this thread, show yourself
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:05 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 420, Formerfish wrote:See here's my theory of what just happened here. I feel like Toto is scum. He attacked me in a very odd manner, coming to form very concrete views based off of "reasons," and he wasn't expecting to run into a PR. He spazed and went completely off the rails. He knew that the only thing he could do was fully commit and scortch earth. That way you, Radiant, could come in all calm and be like
"yo, I'm chill, let's not fight, bygones right?"

Nope.

The slot is toxic and needs to hang
. The slot will not be a nk target now because of the wifom it creates. I will be cleared eventually, this slot won't until we hang it.
In post 439, JackChaos wrote:This game is really exciting but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. It seems like you guys just make up bullshit then argue about it to see who cracks. I'm sure there's an actual strategy to it but I've never been much of a politician type so forgive me for floundering.

Here, I'll try.

RadiantCowbells what else would you say here? I mean you wouldn't come into the game and be like
"oh ya guys woo I'm scum."
You popped in and insulted the town and then was adamant about the slot not being scummy at all. Attack the people and make them doubt themselves and they'll never suspect you, right?

Nope.

You're scum.
That slot is poison and you know it.
You're drenched in it and the way I see it, either that slot drags you down now or it drags one of us down at night.

I'll bold and underline the similarities I see. The first similarity is more about putting words into RC's mouth. and just the tone of it, not necessarily the content as the other 2 similarities are.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:05 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 478, nydushermain wrote:Pep, i see you're online! If you're reading this thread, show yourself
I'm here. I'm just really fucking tired.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:06 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

In post 477, nydushermain wrote:
I'm not actually sure. I didn't really notice the similarities and I wouldn't particularly read into it since jack is giving me the impression that he was somewhat trolling with his post. Either way, it sounded extremely fake to me and I think he's a pretty good lynch target. Not the best one today though.
Who would be a better person to lynch today then? I'm working on that TS post by the way, I'm just at work so it'll be slow moving. What specific inconsistencies do you see in TS?
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:07 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

RC is RC. Mixed feelings about him, but him thinking he should be read as obvtown is shitty.

That Frozen Angle cosplay was bad tho. Git gud.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:08 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 481, MooginSoosy wrote:
In post 477, nydushermain wrote:
Who would be a better person to lynch today then? I'm working on that TS post by the way, I'm just at work so it'll be slow moving. What specific inconsistencies do you see in TS?

If you read my ISO you'll probably find everything I currently have to say about TS. Nothing new comes to mind
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:13 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I had the same initial reaction to JackChaos but it was intended as a joke? which steals the bite of my scumread on that slot.
JackChaos why do you think that I'm scum?

Also yes my slot is obvtown and I say that as the poster child of hyper aggressive scum play making scum intent. Toto could not and would not have pulled that off as scum and it shouldn't take a genius to figure that out.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:14 am

Post by nydushermain »

I also think that a TS lynch isn't bad despite what I've said about toto + TS. I think that he is now acting independently scummy enough. I just don't think people will listen to me.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:17 am

See that entire read feels off to me. I ask you again: why do you think that TS would
absolutely
not have white knighted my slot? In fact it seems like a perfect slot to white knight.

The whole debacle provokes different enough reactions among different people that there's virtually no chance that he gets called out for having townread my slot and it's not like he made a massive effort to derail my slot's lynch.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:19 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 486, RadiantCowbells wrote:See that entire read feels off to me. I ask you again: why do you think that TS would
absolutely
not have white knighted my slot? In fact it seems like a perfect slot to white knight.

The whole debacle provokes different enough reactions among different people that there's virtually no chance that he gets called out for having townread my slot and it's not like he made a massive effort to derail my slot's lynch.
Yeah I'm reconsidering on that read.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:20 am

I feel like Nydus might be chainsawing the fuck out of the Moogin slot but I liked one of Moogin's response.

But jesus that 'YOU'RE JUST RANDOMLY VOTING BETWEEN THE TWO... EXPLAIN' quote was super, super scummy and out of left field.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:26 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Nydushermain I was going to go through and make a post but it's basically the same thing that you were saying. TS at first saying "I don't want newbies following me" then "we can just lynch fykus" and "please sheep tyvm". I'm guessing it's mainly because TS had better scum reads on fykus and myself, so I don't think it's as scummy as I initially thought. TS (I think) did also say tones shift throughout the game so I think I was reading too much into it.

RC, why would Jack be making joking posts when he hasn't been making many other posts? I think he could've been joking as well, but what would be the purpose in that?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:28 am

This game is really exciting but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. It seems like you guys just make up bullshit then argue about it to see who cracks. I'm sure there's an actual strategy to it but I've never been much of a politician type so forgive me for floundering.

Here, I'll try.
This makes the post sounds like a joke. I want to get a response from him before I do anything.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:28 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 488, RadiantCowbells wrote:I feel like Nydus might be chainsawing the fuck out of the Moogin slot but I liked one of Moogin's response.

But jesus that 'YOU'RE JUST RANDOMLY VOTING BETWEEN THE TWO... EXPLAIN' quote was super, super scummy and out of left field.
Did it not strike you as odd at all? That within the span of the whole argument between your slot and FS, he swapped back and forth between two people with no real good reasons, inconsistent at best?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:29 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 490, RadiantCowbells wrote:
This game is really exciting but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. It seems like you guys just make up bullshit then argue about it to see who cracks. I'm sure there's an actual strategy to it but I've never been much of a politician type so forgive me for floundering.

Here, I'll try.
This makes the post sounds like a joke. I want to get a response from him before I do anything.
Agreed but it sounded fake regardless and if that's his only contribution after not having posted in a whole...
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:30 am

I eman I don't super townread TierShift but that seemed reasonable enough. If he suddenly has my support on Moogin and I threw a lot of fuel on that fire I can see why he would revote her.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:30 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 489, MooginSoosy wrote:Nydushermain I was going to go through and make a post but it's basically the same thing that you were saying. TS at first saying "I don't want newbies following me" then "we can just lynch fykus" and "please sheep tyvm". I'm guessing it's mainly because TS had better scum reads on fykus and myself, so I don't think it's as scummy as I initially thought. TS (I think) did also say tones shift throughout the game so I think I was reading too much into it.

RC, why would Jack be making joking posts when he hasn't been making many other posts? I think he could've been joking as well, but what would be the purpose in that?
I missed that! Nice spot!

I agree, why would he be making a joke post? Yet I think it was a joke post..
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:31 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 493, RadiantCowbells wrote:I eman I don't super townread TierShift but that seemed reasonable enough. If he suddenly has my support on Moogin and I threw a lot of fuel on that fire I can see why he would revote her.
To me, it doesn't seem like he cares who gets lynched. He's just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. To me, this seems like opportunistic mafia play.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:32 am

Humor me on this: what's your read on both Fykus and MooginSoosy and can I get as much detail as possible?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:36 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 496, RadiantCowbells wrote:Humor me on this: what's your read on both Fykus and MooginSoosy and can I get as much detail as possible?
I'm liking moogin more as the day goes but I'm still open to hearing a case on her. My initial and somewhat persisting scumread can be found in an earlier post, similar to yours. I'm on my phone so I can't give you more detail and it'll take you less effort to find my post than for me to find it and quote it.

Fykus I'm not sure on. I've tried to form an opinion on him but his posts just seem so bare and weak.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:44 am

Can you reread everything Moogin has posted this game and give me a new read with more detail? Whenever you can.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:45 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 498, RadiantCowbells wrote:Can you reread everything Moogin has posted this game and give me a new read with more detail? Whenever you can.
That won't happen until I get home to my computer but remind me if I come back and haven't done so.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”