Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:41 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 184, JackChaos wrote:It seems to me like this game is built on paranoia and paranoia leads to bad judgement. We'd be better on random lynching first round and seeing how everyone reacts after.

That's just my two cents in gamerlogic.
Oh look, a pro-scum suggestion from Jack.

What a surprise.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:44 am

Post by -Grey- »

Reads as of ^ there:

{MooginSoosy, RadiantCowbells}
{nydushermain, Tiershift}
{}
{Pepchoninga, Fykus}
{JackChaos, Formerfish}
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:51 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 199, Toto wrote:Now he asks me how accurate my day 1 reads are. Why would you ask that question as TOWN? IT MAKES NO SENSE.
Actually, I can picture a scenario where town would nudge you to consider the validity of d1 reads, especially after reading
In post 188, Formerfish wrote:Coming after me is a mistake. If you are building a case on me it is going to be flawed and will turn into a witch hunt. Although if you want to push a bullshit mislynch then by all means go ahead. Don't be surprised when it fails though, cause it will.
Fish isn't a d1 lynch. Find his partner if you think he is scum.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 222, Formerfish wrote:
In post 210, Toto wrote:
In post 202, Formerfish wrote:pushing this is going to lead only to your lynch and my death.
Fine. You claimed PR. Making sure this is in my ISO if I get NK'ed tonight and not the supposed PR. You might as well do a full claim so we can confirm you and move on.
Not a fucking chance am I going to claim right now. What benefit does this give to the town right now? The only thing that me full claiming would do is give the scum team knowledge of who else might be in the game for us, and where they should shoot tonight. With the shitty push on me, and this right here is enough for you to see rope imo.
Nah. You're just butthurt because he pushed you. Fact is, you
were
scummy. It's not his fault you softed PR.

When you did that, you put a great big target on your forehead.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 240, Formerfish wrote:And why as town is it important to know which I am?
Easy one to answer... to get a counterclaim if you're lying.

However, that is more of a d2 tactic.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:12 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 258, Fykus wrote:Sorry for the late reply to the thread everybody. Moogin, as for why I never mentioned anything about your vote on me I figured you had just jumped on the bandwagon because of TS calling me out on voting for him so I didnt feel the need to make a post to you.
That's all you have to say?

With the shit storm flying all around you, all you care about is reacting to a comparatively unimportant post that was directed at you, and ignore the controversy?
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 294, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 237, Toto wrote:Because if he really is a PR we can tell whether he is telling the truth or not in newbies set up immediatelly. Im basically asking him to prove Im wrong about him being scum but he doesn't want to do it.

Im fine dropping this for today but if this scumfuck is alive tomorrow he better claims immediatelly in d2.
I find it finny that you soo actively pushing for a claim, when there is zero reason for it. There really is no benefit from that. We shouldn't even be talking about PR thst much day 1.
Bullshit.

The whole debacle could have been avoided by fish simply not softing in the first place. He panicked way too early.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 324, nydushermain wrote:Your theory falls apart slightly toto on the offchance that scenarios B) 1) and 2) are the case. If he knows that there is no roleblocker and he's scum (obv), then 50% of the role setups have no second. That means that if he claims doctor or bulletproof, he can land in the scenario where he gets the right claim in B)1) and B)2).
If he's scum fakeclaiming, the real PR would counter regardless of setup.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 338, Toto wrote:dude. I brought the softclaim up. Why would I do that if I was scum. It makes no sense.
In post 339, Toto wrote:I would just shoot you and leave town wondering what happened
I totally agree with this.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by -Grey- »

{MooginSoosy, RadiantCowbells}
{Tiershift, Formerfish}
{}
{Pepchoninga, Fykus, nydushermain}
{JackChaos}
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 342, Formerfish wrote:Town dont point out softclaims. They recognize them, then they shut the fuck up about it until it is necessary for it to be vocalized.
Stop projecting your own playstyle onto others.

What you do isn't necessarily what everyone else would do.

So close-minded.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 369, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 366, TierShift wrote:It's town I think.

Rolefishing so blatantly is something scum don't do because it makes them a likely lynch target, especially in a newbie game. Town are more indifferent towards getting lynched and will just do whatever they THINK is the correct play.
It was clear thwt he wanted to frame fish tho.
Lolno.

He wanted to lock fish into a claim so a CC could come out if he was lying.

It's impossible to "frame" him in that manner.

You're full of shit.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 380, MooginSoosy wrote:Ugh I said unfold twice this is why I need to go back and reread things. Anyways, I think a person who isn't talking (jack and fykus) could be mafia as well as someone who brought up/participated in the feud again (pep or nydusherman)
#goodposting
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 384, JackChaos wrote:I really doubt formerfish is scum, although he's seasoned as hell at this game so it's possible.
Scum does love to leave their options open.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 395, RadiantCowbells wrote:Also holy fuck how is there a wagon on my slot my predecessor was obvtown. You're voting him for being an idiot, not for being scum.
#truth
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 403, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 395, RadiantCowbells wrote:Also holy fuck how is there a wagon on my slot my predecessor was obvtown. You're voting him for being an idiot, not for being scum.
Honestly, when you are an idiot you should get pressured and in the end lynched. Acting like an idiot doesn't help town in any way.
#scumposting

Lynching town always hurts town because it helps scum achieve the living majority.

Making excuses for lynching town is scummy.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 451, Formerfish wrote:What the fuck was all that?
RC being town.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:03 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 456, TierShift wrote:Cuz apparently you're the only one who thinks so
Strange that you of all people would say that.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 457, TierShift wrote:Ny, I think you're having trouble with the fact that I'm not showing my thought process rather than with the thought process itself.
If you're not showing your thought process, how
can
he have trouble would tree thought process itself?

What a disingenuous post.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 507, Fykus wrote:In conclusion, lynch me if you like but youll see ill bleed green.
Well, since you are giving permission and all..

VOTE: Fykus
---
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 549, -Grey- wrote:
In post 141, JackChaos wrote:Okay... form reads. Moogin seems a newbie like me so mostly harmless ALTHOUGH THAT COULD be a total bluff and
one of us
could murder your granny with a hammer.
Bwuh?

Why would town even suggest they might be Scum themselves when talking about someone else?
In post 141, JackChaos wrote:O
Formerfish seems really aggressive but I'm guessing he's just a grizzled veteran of forums mafia. He's probably a townie.
Be honest. He's your buddy, isn't he?
Fykus is super friendly so I'm going to have to assume he's a total serial killer irl maybe in game as well. Tiershift is a scholar and a gentleman. Nydushermain I don't know what to think. I rather like the pink checkered avatar but that's about all I know of them. Pep seems like he wants a fair game so probably a mafia member. Toto is quiet.
Trash.
You came into this game acting like a big dick in a locker room (not that I've ever been that guy, just saying) but your read on me is about as far off as can be. So go ahead and vote me, lynch me and let's show the town how wrong you are.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:45 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 570, JackChaos wrote:
In post 549, -Grey- wrote:
In post 141, JackChaos wrote:Okay... form reads. Moogin seems a newbie like me so mostly harmless ALTHOUGH THAT COULD be a total bluff and
one of us
could murder your granny with a hammer.
Bwuh?

Why would town even suggest they might be Scum themselves when talking about someone else?
Formerfish seems really aggressive but I'm guessing he's just a grizzled veteran of forums mafia. He's probably a townie.
Be honest. He's your buddy, isn't he?
Fykus is super friendly so I'm going to have to assume he's a total serial killer irl maybe in game as well. Tiershift is a scholar and a gentleman. Nydushermain I don't know what to think. I rather like the pink checkered avatar but that's about all I know of them. Pep seems like he wants a fair game so probably a mafia member. Toto is quiet.
Trash.
You came into this game acting like a big dick in a locker room (not that I've ever been that guy, just saying) but your read on me is about as far off as can be. So go ahead and vote me, lynch me and let's show the town how wrong you are.
Don't worry, Tiger. There's enough of me to go around.
---
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'm somewhat uncomfortable with how hard Grey is townreading me since that doesn't seem like something that happens.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 572, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm somewhat uncomfortable with how hard Grey is townreading me since that doesn't seem like something that happens.
Relax, it started with Toto. Not you.

I was on the same wavelength with him and he was my strongest townread all the way.
---
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I mean, I guess. I also thought Toto's progression made a ton of sense and if FormerFish hadn't claimed PR I might be voting there tbh.

Why are you townreading Moogin so hard? Why the Fykus vote of all the slots you can vote?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”