Newbie 1768: Party Mafia - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Post by bowdown »

Learned nothing from Titus, thanks :p

I ask because I was surprised to see Jae flip JK - and thinking about the NK on one hand if expect more experienced players to be more likely to pick up on that, but on the other hand Jae wasn't a surprising kill becausr they were leading the village.
bowdown
bowdown
Goon
bowdown
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:00 pm

Post by bowdown »

Anyways, VOTE: Sparkles for my earlier posts and for doing jack shit for a week and a half.

Fine with the votes on EL. Want to see Titus and GL have it out. Towny enough on Revan that I don't want to go there. And tojam is all but conftown.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:14 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

Lemon, it's not just about being new to the game. Most of us have minimal or no experience, but you're giving off different tells. Do you get why some people find your word choice scummy?
In post 639, bowdown wrote:
In post 634, Revan wrote:The townbloc I have right now is {Myself, Bowdown, Tojam}. If we carry this into LYLO we win.
I don't know if I feel good enough about you for this - but I don't want you dead today. Us arguing about your lemon vote made me feel decently good on you.

Sparkles, your last big post basically said the same stuff on Revan that he and I argued back and forth on. I don't feel like you even kept up with the discussion - just read Revan in ISO.
In post 646, bowdown wrote: Nancy had just moved from Revan to GL. Sparkles comes in and votes Revan and tries to get Nancy to go there. Sparkles is ignoring what's actually happening in the thread and Revan's explanations. Could be an attempt at a lemon save if sparkles/lemon scumteam (which I think is one of the more likely pairings).
1) I'm aware that she'd moved to GL, and that's why I asked the question. Her post about Revan's personality type clearly said she wasn't going to vote him that day, but was still vague what her current read on him was like. Not enough to make a sudden flashwagon convincing, at least with her reasoning for it.

2) You're wrong in assuming I only read his ISO. Even if you take away the first two quotes (which I misinterpreted and was corrected on), his last five have clear inconsistencies in them whether they're in the context of the argument or not. In 407, you attack him for voting up his supposed townread (clearly referring to the Lemon vote, not the earlier JaeReed one) and he responds saying that he was voting for his scumread. This is where your read on him visibly starts cracking, even though he just did one of two things:
a) Directly contradicted himself about Lemon
b) Changed the subject his previous vote, after you'd already gone back and forth enough times to make it clear what you're arguing about.
Even if we assume that b is true and it was a genuine mistake, in 394 he heavily implies that EL is no longer his townread, then debunks that in 403 and 413 with no apparent reason to change his stance.
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:33 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

*still vague about what
*the subject to his previous vote
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by tojam2 »

bowdown, as much as I'd like to policy lynch sparkles for lack of activity, it's NAI and EL is more suspect.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:22 am

Post by Titus »

In post 650, bowdown wrote:Learned nothing from Titus, thanks :p

I ask because I was surprised to see Jae flip JK - and thinking about the NK on one hand if expect more experienced players to be more likely to pick up on that, but on the other hand Jae wasn't a surprising kill becausr they were leading the village.
That's essentially where I am at. I know enough to know my own strengths and weaknesses. Crumbing isn't that. Overall, it's a dangerous game trying to send a message to only town players. When I am an IC, I strongly suggest limiting crumbs to cop results and that is it.

I am at EL/GL GL/Revan or EL/Revan, yet GL is correct that town essentially became unhinged at EoD yesterday. Assuming EL scum, where do you think the wheels came off?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon
Location: Land of the meanies but also the home of the porkroll.

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:37 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

In post 637, bowdown wrote:Lemon, why does the fact that you weren't the hammer matter for voting Nancy?
Because it still wasn't clear that anyone else would vote, and town has a very bad chance of winning without a lynch D1. Bringing it closer to a lynch but not hammering made sense because I was leaving for the night and nancy still had time to defend herself but anyone could come in and hammer. Does that make sense?

I still really don't like the speed with which Revan shifted vote to me yesterday. It bothered me then and it bothers me now, because I still don't see a very good reason for it. Revan, could you explain why exactly you voted for me? Out of curiosity, mostly.

Titus, why are you avoiding answering my question about whether there is any other evidence that I might be scum other than the bus scenario? As far as I can see, you're still trying to lynch me for being unfamiliar with MafiaScum slang.

In post 652, Agent Sparkles wrote: Do you get why some people find your word choice scummy?
I kind of see why some people may find my word choice scummy, I seem to be having trouble making coherent sentences. I think I'm doing a bit better now. It's difficult for me to see whether I'm saying stuff that makes sense. What makes sense in my head won't necessarily make sense in writing.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 2.1

EccentricLemon (2) - Titus, tojam2
Titus (1) - GuiltyLion
Agent Sparkles (1) - bowdown

Not voting (3) - Revan, EccentricLemon, Agent Sparkles

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch someone.

(expired on 2017-02-01 15:04:00) remain until day end
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by Titus »

Oh poor me defense never goes well EL.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by tojam2 »

In post 119, EccentricLemon wrote:
In post 110, tojam2 wrote:
I was talking about nancy and GuiltyLion
I'm so sorry, I misread that GL as an EL. My bad. Sorry I called you out on it. [/b]
nancy wrote:EccentricLemon has been awfully quiet
I just got home from school plus a 5 hour meet. Just to clarify.

My take on Titus' vote is that if she is scum, she is trying to jump on the bandwagon to further people's distrust of me, since I'm already suspicious. If Titus is town, she might perceive me as a real threat.
However, I am concerned about the lack of explanation past:
In post 95, Titus wrote:VOTE: EccentricLemon
My bad. I am showing off the naked voting strategy, so not yet.
and
In post 93, Titus wrote:VOTE: EccentricLion
Gut
We're already into some good discussions and there's quite a lot to base a reason off of. I've said quite a bit and so have other people. Just saying "Gut" seems a bit weird if you ask me.
That's paranoia right there.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:10 pm

Post by tojam2 »

Revan, Sparkles, who would you vote for if I forced you to vote?

Lemon, if Titus' argument is invalid, why aren't you voting for her.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:56 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 649, Titus wrote:You on the other hand are trying to paint everything I do as scummy. That's the narrative sell.
Earlier this game you said I was avoiding you, now you say I'm "painting everything you do as scummy". Which is it?

what I'm doing is pointing out that your "indicator" that EL and I are partners is a load of bs, and you've never acknowledged or responded to that point with any substance.
In post 649, Titus wrote:I did not see a slip. I still do not. You, being a large veteran, know most so called slips are not actually slips.
If most slips are not actually slips, then why did you argue that EL slipped that she didn't want to "bus" me?

and furthermore, as far as "not slips" go, nancy's was pretty bad. She assumed that there was no tracker. In hindsight it was a mistake, but without knowing her alignment it pretty clearly looked like the mindset of a mafia member who already knows we're in column A. We didn't just flashwagon her for nothing, and I can't wrap my head around how you would be so sure in her being town if you didn't already know her alignment.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:57 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 660, tojam2 wrote:Lemon, if Titus' argument is invalid, why aren't you voting for her.
quote for truth, let's get more votes on Titus please
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:59 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

Because I'm trying to get an answer before voting because Titus won't say if she actually believes I'm scum for any other reason. If she has valid claims, I'm all for hearing them but she hasn't actually answered my question, nor has she directly refused to answer it, she's just avoiding it. I asked twice, so I'm just going to VOTE: Titus and assume there isn't anything else behind the argument.
In post 659, EccentricLemon wrote: That's paranoia right there.
How is that post in any way paranoia? I think that was one of my posts that actually made sense. I explained what I thought and why I thought it, unlike what you did right there.
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:39 am

Post by Revan »

Titus's play so far is definitely strange, but I'm not sure if that's indicative of town or scum.

Titus, can you do a rundown of why you're scumrrading GL & EL?
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by Agent Sparkles »

Tojam, the technically correct answer is that I wouldn't vote early based on pressure. But hypothetically I would go for Titus or Revan. Lemon could flip either way in my mind. I'm against lynching bowdown or GL today, especially after going over their ISOs.

I'd rather not see this thread die without jae and nancy, so if anyone wants to discuss mafia in real time, I'll be online again in 4-4.5 hours.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 665, Agent Sparkles wrote:Tojam, the technically correct answer is that I wouldn't vote early based on pressure.
what does this mean?

when you don't vote you are hiding information from us
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

like, is a whole day's worth of gameplay not enough for you to feel strongly enough to vote yet?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 2.2

EccentricLemon (2) - Titus, tojam2
Titus (2) - GuiltyLion, EccentricLemon
Agent Sparkles (1) - bowdown

Not voting (2) - Revan, Agent Sparkles

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch someone.

(expired on 2017-02-01 15:04:00) remain until day end
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Post by EccentricLemon »

I don't think there's any problem with Sparkles not knowing how to vote today. In any case, I wouldn't consider it a scumtell.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:48 am

Post by tojam2 »

@EL: A little over-defensive but I'll consider it newbiness for now.

@AS: 2 weeks should be long enough to decide on a vote.

VOTE: Titus

Titus is at L-1, lolhammers are a scumclaim if she flips town.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:53 am

Post by tojam2 »

I'm not even sure how I convinced myself to do that, lapse in concentration probably.

VOTE: AS for the reasons above.
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:00 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

In post 670, tojam2 wrote:@EL: A little over-defensive but I'll consider it newbiness for now.

What? How is this something you type in a lapse of concentration?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:42 am

Post by Titus »

In post 670, tojam2 wrote:@EL: A little over-defensive but I'll consider it newbiness for now.

I am just beyond annoyed with you. 661 now this.

Stop saving scum and murdering town.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:45 am

Post by SirCakez »

Prodded bowdown
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”