Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by JackChaos »

Scattered votes on two of you and whoever else you convince to look elsewhere means no day 1 lynch on either of you, which benefits both of you if you are scum.

I think Jin and Toto were scum and you two are grasping at straws trying to get everyone to look elsewhere.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Look at you, scrambling to reignite a wagon on town. :lol:
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Jack, I'm in eight games right now.

And I still caught you d1.

How depressing is that?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 601, -Grey- wrote:Look at you, scrambling to reignite a wagon on town. :lol:
No you know what? It sure seems like you are trying to peel my vote off of RC and I wonder why... A lot of us had Toto pegged as scum. RCs defense to this, 'I'm obvtown. How could you not believe me? Oh you're all going to see postgame' That's not a very good defense.

You come along and you are like "Lets get everyone to stop aiming at RC." Why? If you know as much as the rest of us do on day 1 why are you SO convinced he's town? I think you're convinced he's scum just like the rest of us and you are scum too. So you took some of the heat off of him.

Let's ask everyone else what they think...?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 599, JackChaos wrote:No I'll tell you what I think. I think we hit paydirt with our read on Toto. He was scum. RC comes along and is like "whatever I'm obvtown" and no one believed him but there's plenty of votes sitting on him. You jumped in here on another role that was scum and saw your partner being called out and decided to move some of the fire off of him so there's no scum lynch on the first day.
If you honestly believed this to be true, you'd have moved your vote back to RC.
---
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 602, -Grey- wrote:Jack, I'm in eight games right now.

And I still caught you d1.

How depressing is that?
Nope. Jin and Toto people were voting against because they might have been scum. You two replace them and you have to play clean up and all your insults and claims of "Oh well I'm obvtown," aren't actually any proof. You two are still acting strange as hell.

We all hit that shit on the head the first time.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 603, JackChaos wrote:I think you're convinced he's scum just like the rest of us and you are scum too.
Haha.

Scum doesn't need to be convinced that someone is Scum. This is not a town thought process.
---
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 604, -Grey- wrote:
In post 599, JackChaos wrote:No I'll tell you what I think. I think we hit paydirt with our read on Toto. He was scum. RC comes along and is like "whatever I'm obvtown" and no one believed him but there's plenty of votes sitting on him. You jumped in here on another role that was scum and saw your partner being called out and decided to move some of the fire off of him so there's no scum lynch on the first day.
If you honestly believed this to be true, you'd have moved your vote back to RC.
In post 606, -Grey- wrote:
In post 603, JackChaos wrote:I think you're convinced he's scum just like the rest of us and you are scum too.
Haha.

Scum doesn't need to be convinced that someone is Scum. This is not a town thought process.
Well it's my first game. I don't know if scum knows who each other is until nightfall. How is that not a town thought process...?

That argument sort of failed just now didn't it, scum?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Town that was ACTUALLY scumreading both RC and I the way Jack is posturing would have returned to the RC wagon.

Jack is so worried about appearances that he's leaving his vote on a suboptimal wagon after it's down to be the wrong play.

Ergo, scum.
---
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 604, -Grey- wrote:
I might move it back but I think I've made a pretty convincing case here that you are scum as well. I'm gonna wait and see what everyone else thinks.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 608, -Grey- wrote:Town that was ACTUALLY scumreading both RC and I the way Jack is posturing would have returned to the RC wagon.

Jack is so worried about appearances that he's leaving his vote on a suboptimal wagon after it's shown to be the wrong play.

Ergo, scum.
Edit.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 609, JackChaos wrote:I might move it back but I think I've made a pretty convincing case here that you are scum as well. I'm gonna wait and see what everyone else thinks.
Town doesn't need popular consensus to decide where to vote.
---
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 611, -Grey- wrote:
In post 609, JackChaos wrote:I might move it back but I think I've made a pretty convincing case here that you are scum as well. I'm gonna wait and see what everyone else thinks.
Town doesn't need popular consensus to decide where to vote.
Yes I do. I want everyone else's opinion on this. I think the town should want to work together on this and I think I've given them enough food for thought on it.

I think scum would want the town to not work together. That would benefit them.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Post by JackChaos »

Therefore you are scum and most likely RC too.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:31 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 612, JackChaos wrote:Yes I do. I want everyone else's opinion on this. I think the town should want to work together on this and I think I've given them enough food for thought on it.

Scum wants town opinion so they have something to blend in with.

Town MAKES the path that SCUM tries to follow.

You're looking for a path.
---
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 614, -Grey- wrote:
In post 612, JackChaos wrote:Yes I do. I want everyone else's opinion on this. I think the town should want to work together on this and I think I've given them enough food for thought on it.

Scum wants town opinion so they have something to blend in with.

Town MAKES the path that SCUM tries to follow.

You're looking for a path.
I think you and RC got caught slipping just now and I've said enough. I'll wait to hear what everyone else thinks.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:41 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 438, JackChaos wrote:
In post 414, TierShift wrote:
In post 384, JackChaos wrote:Okay, caught up. Toto is so over the top I kind of think he's scum.
Why does being over the top make him scum, jack?
He wasn't explaining himself and he liked to be dramatic. It just didn't feel right... but hey it's my first game.
Making excuse for your read for when RC flips town.

Something town doesn't need to do.

It shows a lack of confidence in your read which doesn't jibe with your constant doubling down on it.

This is the kind of stuff that gives you away.
---
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

VOTE: JackChaos

Grey has a really good point about 438. Feels like he knows that I'm going to flip town.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 616, -Grey- wrote:
In post 438, JackChaos wrote:
In post 414, TierShift wrote:
In post 384, JackChaos wrote:Okay, caught up. Toto is so over the top I kind of think he's scum.
Why does being over the top make him scum, jack?
He wasn't explaining himself and he liked to be dramatic. It just didn't feel right... but hey it's my first game.
Making excuse for your read for when RC flips town.

Something town doesn't need to do.

It shows a lack of confidence in your read which doesn't jibe with your constant doubling down on it.

This is the kind of stuff that gives you away.
I have plenty of confidence now that both you and RC are scum. If I have to die to prove that, fine, lynch me. Then the whole town will see that you two scummy guys were leading them astray and you'll die on day 2 and day 3. Town wins.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Another scumtell for Jack: He's dead certain that he caught both scum on d1.

There's zero doubt in his posts. He's invested in selling his reads as being above reproach.

This is much more likely to come from newbscum with an agenda to push, because they naturally don't have any doubts. Newbtown is full of doubt and uncertainty.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 618, JackChaos wrote:If I have to die to prove that, fine, lynch me. Then the whole town will see that you two scummy guys were leading them astray and you'll die on day 2 and day 3.
Here's how I see it going down.

You're lynched. Your buddy nk's me because I'm never going to be mislynched after you flip scum, and I spend the rest of the game shoving this in your face in the dead thread.

Oh, welcome to the site btw.
---
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 619, -Grey- wrote:Another scumtell for Jack: He's dead certain that he caught both scum on d1.

There's zero doubt in his posts. He's invested in selling his reads as being above reproach.

This is much more likely to come from newbscum with an agenda to push, because they naturally don't have any doubts. Newbtown is full of doubt and uncertainty.
Then lynch me and let's see if I'm lying and if you two don't hang on day 2 and 3.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 620, -Grey- wrote:
In post 618, JackChaos wrote:If I have to die to prove that, fine, lynch me. Then the whole town will see that you two scummy guys were leading them astray and you'll die on day 2 and day 3.
Here's how I see it going down.

You're lynched. Your buddy nk's me because I'm never going to be mislynched after you flip scum, and I spend the rest of the game shoving this in your face in the dead thread.

Oh, welcome to the site btw.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by Fykus »

In post 577, RadiantCowbells wrote:I've gone back to leaning town on Fykus so that's a no go. I can tentatively support Jack though, so you should go over there.
This is the same type of stuff that FF accused TS of saying to Toto way back when, saying that TS was trying to get Toto out of the shit.
In post 584, MooginSoosy wrote:Now what I'm confused about is how both fykus and jack are saying "hang me if you want you'll see you're wrong." That seems super suspicious? If you're town I feel like you shouldn't be so ready to hang, you should be fighting and trying to find someone who actually is scum in order to help the town win. If you're town and you just let yourself die, who does that help?
Its the truth though, if I hang you'll see that Im green. From what I can tell, town has the ability to maybe mislynch 1 or 2 people without throwing away their chances of winning the game, so im trying to say if you want to waste that one chance on me then go ahead. Im sure once day 2 rolls around itll be alot easier to assess who is actually scum and who isnt by the type of stuff they were posting today. Right now it seems the game is just a bunch of he said/she said and trying to convince everybody else that your opinion is the right one to follow.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Post by nydushermain »

In post 557, -Grey- wrote:
In post 324, nydushermain wrote:Your theory falls apart slightly toto on the offchance that scenarios B) 1) and 2) are the case. If he knows that there is no roleblocker and he's scum (obv), then 50% of the role setups have no second. That means that if he claims doctor or bulletproof, he can land in the scenario where he gets the right claim in B)1) and B)2).
If he's scum fakeclaiming, the real PR would counter regardless of setup.
What I'm saying is that there are situations where there is only 1 PR. For example, there is a setup with only a cop. However, if scum fake claiming claims doctor, who counterclaims? No one because there is no real doctor but there is a cop who knows that cop + doctor is a potential situation.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”