Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 1521, Accountant wrote:
In post 1515, Sesq wrote:Why is it correct?
This question does not make sense.
It actually makes perfect fucking sense to me, but I understand that sometimes context can be missing. Let me rephrase:

What makes your definition of "the correct path" correct?
In post 1523, Accountant wrote:
In post 1515, Sesq wrote:Your sophistry is just so transparent. I both love you and despise everything you stand for.
At all times I strive to be transparent and clear.
You don't know what sophistry means, do you?
In post 1522, Accountant wrote:
In post 1515, Sesq wrote:I know that. I also knew that you wouldn't understand anything beyond rigid English syntax because you read like a robot, in both definitions. Your response to my paragraph didn't fit grammatically with anything I said in that paragraph. You might as well have said "BANANANS{"
Let me clarify. You say that I "must do" certain things. I disagree.
""Reality sympathizer" is a thing now. Brilliant. How am I discriminating against something that doesn't exist? I'm not saying we should ignore their ideals, necessarily, but to bring them to the real world you must then apply practicality and critical thought to the idea."

That is my original statement to which I'm referring to. I am not stating you must do anything anywhere in here.

Also, you still have not explained why you are *literally* your ideals. Can you back up this claim?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:20 pm

Post by Accountant »

In the utopia(where I live), you can indeed have your cake and eat it to. I know I said I'd ignore you, but some arguments are just too easy to shoot down.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
XRZ
XRZ
Watcher
XRZ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:21 pm

Post by XRZ »

In post 1483, Shaziro wrote:
In post 44, Accountant wrote:It's an important distinction. I, as a human, may be imperfect. My ideals are not.
Accountant, admitting that they are not their ideals. Funny how their story changes isn't it?
Not quite. There's a couple of things worth noting here:

- You are falling for what I thought was an obvious trap. If you were at all reading what they said(and correct me if I'm wrong, Accountant), they have made it clear that they doesn't think ideals are anybody's, but rather a global concept. So yes, they are admitting that they are not
their
ideals. There is no hypocrisy yet and the story hasn't changed, you just were never listening clearly enough to see what they were saying.
- You can "know" things and make a choice to not follow through with them, and it has happened in the world many times in the past. Saying "hypocrisy" over and over again will accomplish very little, as they've already passed that barrier to not follow through to begin with. On top of that, you are being very generic about it and nitpicking at the same time. Is that not a contradiction in itself?
- There isn't a problem with someone admitting that they are flawed, that is a sign of humbleness and potential. There is more than one problem with someone else trying to use that against them. A villain wants everybody to be weaker than them, a hero wants to be as strong as they possibly can. There is a clear difference in your positions here.
- Sesq has failed to analyze the case in which beliefs can be said to determine truth if you are 100% sure of them. The gimmick is simply that you cannot believe them for sure unless they were the truth and you knew it without a doubt. Once again, that is what I would call an obvious trap that you have fell into. Putting your entire weight forward the way Accountant is doing can only ever make you stronger
if this is the case
, as that is the position you would be in
if
you were at the peak of this scenario.
- Sesq and company, if you're going to indulge into a scenario in which any truth exists at all, you are already signing a contract which says that whether or not any person understands what these truths are(including yourself), they will continue to exist unscathed. Saying "I'm supposed to accept it even if I don't see it" is completely useless, and it has a chance of opening you up to the weakness "I'm not really going to search for it and use my inaction as an excuse not to progress". You could have spent that time opening up scenarios and analyzing them, but you chose to put your overvalue your imperfect ideas(unless you plan on claiming you are all knowing) instead. Putting so much value in what you see is a fatal mistake, and putting so much value in what you
don't
see is an equally fatal mistake.
- There is nothing wrong with creating an image of perfection to look up to and work towards, and if anything is it only beneficial. I am extremely disappointed that everyone here is trying to fight against that.

That being said, I'm not a big fan of the whole Accountant theory. It has some obvious weaknesses, the most obvious one being that it doesn't acknowledge that you cannot force someone to think or understand things and yet attempts to push for certain courses of actions which intend to do so. If there is a contradiction, it's "I acknowledge your full potential, but won't let you use your full potential".
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:26 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 1526, Accountant wrote:In the utopia(where I live), you can indeed have your cake and eat it to. I know I said I'd ignore you, but some arguments are just too easy to shoot down.
In my world you can't. If you're allowed to say "I can because I say so", then so can I. That's why your "shooting down" is really just shooting yourself in the foot.
XRZ
XRZ
Watcher
XRZ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:29 pm

Post by XRZ »

In post 1499, Sesq wrote:
When determing your beliefs, maybe. But if we actually care about objectivity here, it wouldn't give a single fuck about what you think or what I think or what anyone else thinks.
I find it funny you mention that, because what you basically just said is "If I care about objectivity, I don't care about what possibilities could exist.". You also just proclaimed "I don't care about helping people", so why are you conversing with people? Surely anybody knows that the point of talking to someone else is to listen to what they have to say, since you can run down what you have to say
whenever you want
and could have done it a million times by yourself before opening dialogue at all. I know what you're thinking though! "I never said that, in fact I think the opposite!" Except you don't, because you would acknowledge that anything that other people present to you is worth listening to because they are, in themselves, the possibilities that you should be aware of. Even God still listens to people, despite knowing they are wrong before they even open their mouth(though you could argue that is for a different reason entirely).

I'm not a fan of people going around trying to shoot people down when they are inadequately equipped. I'm also not a fan of people going around trying to shoot people down when they are adequately equipped, but I know that no adequately equipped person would ever do so. Basically, these two sentences sum up what Accountant has been saying for 60 pages. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:49 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 1528, Shaziro wrote:
In post 1526, Accountant wrote:In the utopia(where I live), you can indeed have your cake and eat it to. I know I said I'd ignore you, but some arguments are just too easy to shoot down.
In my world you can't. If you're allowed to say "I can because I say so", then so can I. That's why your "shooting down" is really just shooting yourself in the foot.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:52 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1528, Shaziro wrote:In my world you can't. If you're allowed to say "I can because I say so", then so can I. That's why your "shooting down" is really just shooting yourself in the foot.
You can't. Here's why.

Your world is incorrect. My world is correct. You are incorrect. I am correct.

Only correct people can say "because I say so" - like XRZ said, if you really are correct, it makes sense to put your full weight forward. But you're not correct, so it would be incorrect to do so. How do I know you're the incorrect one? Because the correct path says so, and the correct path is, of course correct.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:53 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1525, Sesq wrote:You don't know what sophistry means, do you?
Sophistry means to use clever but logically incorrect arguments. I thank you for your assertion that I am clever - I don't care about being logically correct, as the correct path is above logic.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:53 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Nope, you're incorrect. My ideas and path are correct. Yours is incorrect.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:54 pm

Post by Accountant »

You have to understand, Shaziro, you and I, we're different. You are, as you say, a human. I am... an ideal. That is why I can do things you cannot, like say that things are true without evidence and have them be true simply because I say they are true. For a human to do that is laughable; for an ideal, routine. Now you see the gap in power between a boring loser and a real person. It's akin to the gap in power between a mortal and a god.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:54 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1533, Shaziro wrote:Nope, you're incorrect. My ideas and path are correct. Yours is incorrect.
You have provided no evidence for this. This is just a bald assertion.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 1535, Accountant wrote:
In post 1533, Shaziro wrote:Nope, you're incorrect. My ideas and path are correct. Yours is incorrect.
Nope. It's self evident. Just like it's self evident that you're a human.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1525, Sesq wrote:What makes your definition of "the correct path" correct?
The correct path is correct because the source of all truth says that it is correct.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1536, Shaziro wrote:Nope. It's self evident. Just like it's self evident that you're a human.
It's not self-evident. You're wrong.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by Accountant »

Notice how you're always on the back foot due to the fact that you have to back up your ideas and I don't.

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:56 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Y'know, I have a self imposed rule that I don't share the content of PMs, because they're meant to be private. You have sorely tempted me, time and time again, to break that rule.

Also, no, I'm not on the back foot. If anything, I've been pointing out flaws in your ideas constantly.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:57 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1525, Sesq wrote:That is my original statement to which I'm referring to. I am not stating you must do anything anywhere in here.
"to bring them to the real world you must then apply practicality and critical thought to the idea."

That is a falsehood.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:58 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1525, Sesq wrote:Also, you still have not explained why you are *literally* your ideals. Can you back up this claim?
Of course. I am my ideals due to the fact that "I" is defined as "my ideals".

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:58 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1540, Shaziro wrote:Y'know, I have a self imposed rule that I don't share the content of PMs, because they're meant to be private. You have sorely tempted me, time and time again, to break that rule.

Also, no, I'm not on the back foot. If anything, I've been pointing out flaws in your ideas constantly.
There are no flaws. I don't care what I've tempted you to do.

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:10 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 1535, Accountant wrote:
Projection, anyone?
In post 1537, Accountant wrote:
In post 1525, Sesq wrote:What makes your definition of "the correct path" correct?
The correct path is correct because the source of all truth says that it is correct.
What is the source of all truth?
In post 1541, Accountant wrote:
In post 1525, Sesq wrote:That is my original statement to which I'm referring to. I am not stating you must do anything anywhere in here.
"to bring them to the real world you must then apply practicality and critical thought to the idea."

That is a falsehood.
In what way? When man had the dream of flight, he wasn't like "imma just gonna jump off a cliff and fly like a bird!!!!". No. Instead, the ideas were expanded upon and a plane constructed not by dreamers, not by mechanics, but by inventors. Political ideologies are a bit different, but you can't just have your preferred politics everywhere because muh feels.
In post 1542, Accountant wrote:
In post 1525, Sesq wrote:Also, you still have not explained why you are *literally* your ideals. Can you back up this claim?
Of course. I am my ideals due to the fact that "I" is defined as "my ideals".
No, "I" is defined as "you". And "You" has not been proven to mean "Your ideals", unless you consider yourself some weird post-modern construction, which is stupid.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:10 pm

Post by Shaziro »

Saying something isn't true doesn't make it untrue. Sorry, try again.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:11 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1545, Shaziro wrote:Saying something isn't true doesn't make it untrue. Sorry, try again.
This statement is incorrect, if directed at me.

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:13 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 1546, Accountant wrote:
In post 1545, Shaziro wrote:Saying something isn't true doesn't make it untrue. Sorry, try again.
This statement is incorrect, if directed at me.
Because you're so special and automatically right about everything.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:16 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 1544, Sesq wrote:Projection, anyone?
It's projection in the sense that I'm doing it as well. But when I do it it's okay, because I'm right.

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:18 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 1548, Accountant wrote:
In post 1544, Sesq wrote:Projection, anyone?
It's projection in the sense that I'm doing it as well. But when I do it it's okay, because I'm right.
In post 1515, Sesq wrote:

Your sophistry is just so transparent. I both love you and despise everything you stand for.

Return to “General Discussion”