Newbie 1766 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the_end
the_end
Townie
the_end
Townie
Townie

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:39 am

Post by the_end »

Hey @Think, Aero actually did mention that you were probably PR in the scum private thread. I wasn't sure so my idea was to postpone your kill for another night till we were sure, because I was pretty sure I was gonna lynched.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:41 am

Post by ThinkBig »

ssbm, your day 1 push on me was really
really
bad
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
Sofiel
Sofiel
Townie
Sofiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Sofiel »

It's comforting to know that the scumteam prediction was right lmao. It's a shame I ended up seeming scummy as town though ^^;
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Yeah, so generally if there's a player that a lot of players think is scum (Like TE) but nobody actually ends up voting them, that probably means they're definitely scum, because their teammate(s) are either noncommital to it or are actively derailing it.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Sofiel
Sofiel
Townie
Sofiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:03 pm

Post by Sofiel »

That's a good call & surprisingly obvious. Wish I'd pushed for t_e instead of FC D1 based on that :,)
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

I can't believe both scums were in my town block
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

My other backburner plan was to be vague on Sofiel to make it look like they were with me, which sort of worked a little bit. Other than that, I was trash.
2023 W/L | 1-0
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by rb »

Who's the fucking idiot town who quickvoted in LyLo?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by rb »

WOW ssbm I'm actually so fucking amazed you're the one that made that play.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by rb »

In post 626, ThinkBig wrote:ssbm, your day 1 push on me was really
really
bad
Bad pushes are a part of the game, if you don't push people you can't sort them. Pushing aggressively on people is the #1 to sort slots. You have 1 vote, so you push 1 person until they towntell or someone else scumtells more.

I really didn't have the time irl to take over this game and force a lynch on The_end and I'm REALLY FUCKING ANNOYED that ssbm quickvoted in LyLo because I was going to literally scream and kick and shout until we lynched the_end and Aero.

Don't EVER do that as town, EVER. Literally the worst fucking thing.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:10 pm

Post by rb »

Whatever, I get no satisfaction out of picking scum D1 and picking the scumteam D2 and not even getting a chance to demonstrate how right I was in Lylo.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:10 pm

Post by lucca261 »

Good game guys. I played really bad at D3. I wanted End lynched, but was too non-comitted to it to work.

But it was nice playing with you guys.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:12 pm

Post by rb »

In post 627, Sofiel wrote:It's comforting to know that the scumteam prediction was right lmao. It's a shame I ended up seeming scummy as town though ^^;
You weren't even scummy and it should have been really obvious when both the_end + aero went from wanting me lynched to wanting you lynched when I couldn't be lynched.

Or how Sofiel went from t_e's townreads to a convenient scumread when the push on me failed. And so on and so forth, I could write a wall of text on why you were actually fine as a player and I would have defended either you or ssbm to the death if not for quickvote.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by rb »

In post 636, lucca261 wrote:Good game guys. I played really bad at D3. I wanted End lynched, but was too non-comitted to it to work.

You played fine, best player on D3
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 638, rb wrote:
In post 636, lucca261 wrote:Good game guys. I played really bad at D3. I wanted End lynched, but was too non-comitted to it to work.

I will say that you were definitely the best player on D3. I mean, you guessed the scumread instantly.

I love that when this games end and people are just out praising each other's egos. It's the best part of any game haha. you played exceptionally, rb.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by rb »

I played poorly. Accuracy isn't worth a thing if you don't get the lynch.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:21 pm

Post by rb »

In any case Newbie games are for learning and I suppose you all learned regardless *sigh*
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by lucca261 »

In post 640, rb wrote:I played poorly. Accuracy isn't worth a thing if you don't get the lynch.
we definitely learned a lot haha.

in any case, I didn't get either the lynch or the accuracy. so that's nice.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by rb »

In post 577, lucca261 wrote:
In post 562, rb wrote:UNVOTE:

So lucca you think there's a good chance aero is town here?
I think it's possible. If Sofiel is not scum, it's probable End with Aero.

Aero and Sofiel is impossible. (if Aero and Sofiel were scum, Sofiel wouldn't put Aero at L-1.)
RB and Aero is very improbable. (for all that happened)
Kyouko and Aero is impossible. (Kyouko would have hammered RB)
Aero and End is still possible.

Kyouko and Sofiel is impossible. (Kyouko would have hammered RB)
Kyouko and RB is impossible. (Kyouko would have hammered Aero)
Kyouko and End is still possible.

Sofiel and Aero is impossible. (if Aero and Sofiel were scum, Sofiel wouldn't put Aero at L-1.)
Sofiel and Kyouko is impossible. (Kyouko would have hammered RB)
Sofiel and RB is improbable, but possible.
Sofiel and End is possible.

RB is only possible with Sofiel and End.

End is possible with everyone.

I say we lynch The_End today.
This post was outstanding, and I don't know why you ever stopped with that line of reasoning btw.

A thing I do is re-read my own posts every now and then in a game I'm playing, to keep track of what I was thinking throughout the game. It's much better.

Also, everything that scum say past like Day2 in a game this size is irrelevant as it all basically becomes wifom. The reason I told everyone to go back and find possible scumteams etc. is so that you go and read the earlier interactions with fresh eyes after a bunch of town flips, to determine what makes actual sense, not just 'this person said a scummy thing' in isolation. That's how you win games as town, you re-read, you deliberate together and you come to the decision that makes SENSE. This post came after I just wanted to prod dodge afaik, and literally reading this post and seeing how sensible someone in the game was still being re-motivated me to keep playing.

Don't forget why you wanted certain slots dead, and don't forget why you town-read certain slots either. People have a tendency to dispose of older information as if somehow someone gets less scummy because the things you saw that were scummy are a couple of days old (game days, not irl days) - when realistically, it's the early-mid portion of games where scum are easiest to find because:

1. there's more of them, you're more likely to spot collusion
2. they have to post more because there's more players and more activity, more chance of slipping up and if not, they're probably lurking it out
3. they've had less time to adapt to the town players, they don't know how the town plays yet, they have to find the cracks to hide in

Always review earlier game, always review your own thought processes. Think less along the lines of, "who is giving off scumtells" because "scumtells" are just things that you will see if you read people's posts. Instead look for how each slot compares to another, take note of the votes - who is voting who and WHY. What about that guy with their vote parked on the same person since RVS? Why? What's that for? What makes sense from a TOWN perspective, who is trying to lynch scum and who's trying to get a mislynch. Later game with more flips it's about discerning who makes sense with others.

Call me arrogant but I'm pretty sure that I'm one of the most accurate scumhunters on the site when town.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:55 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 638, rb wrote:

2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:56 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

yeah RB you had us pegged p quick
2023 W/L | 1-0
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:14 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I'd already decided on Sofiel anyways, I spent the last day phase combing over the game. I probably wouldn't have been convinced today to vote otherwise
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:33 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 643, rb wrote:
In post 577, lucca261 wrote:
In post 562, rb wrote:UNVOTE:

So lucca you think there's a good chance aero is town here?
I think it's possible. If Sofiel is not scum, it's probable End with Aero.

Aero and Sofiel is impossible. (if Aero and Sofiel were scum, Sofiel wouldn't put Aero at L-1.)
RB and Aero is very improbable. (for all that happened)
Aero and End is still possible.

Kyouko and Sofiel is impossible. (Kyouko would have hammered RB)
Kyouko and RB is impossible. (Kyouko would have hammered Aero)
Kyouko and End is still possible.

Sofiel and Aero is impossible. (if Aero and Sofiel were scum, Sofiel wouldn't put Aero at L-1.)
Sofiel and Kyouko is impossible. (Kyouko would have hammered RB)
Sofiel and RB is improbable, but possible.
Sofiel and End is possible.

RB is only possible with Sofiel and End.

End is possible with everyone.

I say we lynch The_End today.
This post was outstanding, and I don't know why you ever stopped with that line of reasoning btw.

A thing I do is re-read my own posts every now and then in a game I'm playing, to keep track of what I was thinking throughout the game. It's much better.

Also, everything that scum say past like Day2 in a game this size is irrelevant as it all basically becomes wifom. The reason I told everyone to go back and find possible scumteams etc. is so that you go and read the earlier interactions with fresh eyes after a bunch of town flips, to determine what makes actual sense, not just 'this person said a scummy thing' in isolation. That's how you win games as town, you re-read, you deliberate together and you come to the decision that makes SENSE. This post came after I just wanted to prod dodge afaik, and literally reading this post and seeing how sensible someone in the game was still being re-motivated me to keep playing.

Don't forget why you wanted certain slots dead, and don't forget why you town-read certain slots either. People have a tendency to dispose of older information as if somehow someone gets less scummy because the things you saw that were scummy are a couple of days old (game days, not irl days) - when realistically, it's the early-mid portion of games where scum are easiest to find because:

1. there's more of them, you're more likely to spot collusion
2. they have to post more because there's more players and more activity, more chance of slipping up and if not, they're probably lurking it out
3. they've had less time to adapt to the town players, they don't know how the town plays yet, they have to find the cracks to hide in

Always review earlier game, always review your own thought processes. Think less along the lines of, "who is giving off scumtells" because "scumtells" are just things that you will see if you read people's posts. Instead look for how each slot compares to another, take note of the votes - who is voting who and WHY. What about that guy with their vote parked on the same person since RVS? Why? What's that for? What makes sense from a TOWN perspective, who is trying to lynch scum and who's trying to get a mislynch. Later game with more flips it's about discerning who makes sense with others.

Call me arrogant but I'm pretty sure that I'm one of the most accurate scumhunters on the site when town.
oh thanxs for the praise, rb. any knowledge is good, even more coming from an arrogant guy like you. (joking)

definitely will use this on my next games. you're a fun player to play together, man.

reading again my process, I think I wanted Kyouko dead so much. so much. I wasn't looking for scum, I was looking for Kyouko's partner. And that's why I wasn't more accurate.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by rb »

Well as a rule I really think it's bad to scum-associate before either a scumflip or many townflips. I was confident calling t_e + aero scumteam after seeing a bunch of flips but that isn't really how you should play generally.

If you wanted ssbm dead you have to push him so that his slot can get sorted and you can move on or change your mind. Town should just always focus on their top scumreads for that reason, otherwise you just get confbiased.

Also you have to cooperate with your townreads. If you townread someone strongly and you have conflicting ideas about who is scum, reach a compromise.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by rb »

Of course that's only if you think that player is worth trusting, it can also just be better to convince them to vote your scumread.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”