shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Wow that's a big surprise. I was really hoping for the three of us to be alive today, but figured it would be a Mafia double cross-kill and town win. Well played Claus.

Tyler, please take your time and be certain of your decision before voting. Claus and I are obviously going to vote for one another, and you as the confirmed townie have to decide the game, hopefully your investigation will help.

I don't have time for a really in-depth post right now, will get one up tommorow. But looking back on it, it's pretty clear that Claus was bus'ing his partner with that hammer out of nowhere on D2. He made a careful case against aioqwe, but realizing that Tobi was going to be lynched he dropped the hammer even against the town's wishes to be sure he wouldn't be linked. Also explains why he wasn't afraid of Tobi coming up cop.

Anyway, take your time Tyler and if you have questions please ask. I'll get a detailed analysis of Claus up tommorow.

vote: Claus
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by TylerJ »

Crap! I was gone during the 27th through 30th. Man. Okay, I will get a reread on both of you soon.
├óÔé¼┼ôVery few of us are what we seem.├óÔé¼
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:54 am

Post by Claus »

Vote: Shaft.ed

I'm kinda V/LA as well, so don't expect much from me until after the weekend.

It is now clear why shaft.ed was pushing so hard for a Tobi/Rishi link - he knew from the start that Tobi was scum :-) He found himself with a very sucky partner, and decided to try and tie some townie with him while pushing Tobi under the bus.

You REALLY did a great job of tying Tobi to Rishi, Shaft - managed to convince Aioqwe to kill him. I think it is easy to make scum ties when you know who the scum is beforehand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:59 am

Post by Claus »

Oh, and by the way, Tyler, just to make sure you understand. If you got a guilty, all is sweet, but if you got an innocent, there is a chance that you are a Mafia-B cop, and your result is the null (since your only other investigation was on a townie).

Well, I guess you already realize that, since you said you needed to re-read us (unless you investigated a dead guy).
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:46 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Haven't finished my Claus reread, but I did get through Groinhammer who he repleaced during the Night Phase of N1.

Conveniently, GH disappeared well before the days end so there's no information in regards to the Lordy lynch. But he was on both the Tyler and the Panzer/Sikario bandwagons. Here's his reasoning for the Tyler vote:
groinhammer wrote:
TylerJ wrote:Dasquian, I think that if I were actually mafia, I would be sure of myself, not unsure. Just a thought...
You seem abit too aware of this so I'm not taking genuine newb-ness as real - think I could do worse than
unvote, vote: TylerJ
And then a couple posts later this weird comment from GH:
groinhammer wrote:I'm feeling sorry for TylerJ so
unvote
...however, my reasoning (as page2 reasoning goes) stands so
vote: TylerJ
incase anyone missed it
Both votes were the second onto the Tyler wagon. What's weird is that the second "in case you missed it vote" was on the exact same page as the first so it's not likely people skipped over it. The "revote" seemed to move Dasquain onto the wagon.

So after helping drive that wagon that almost outs a Cop, he feels the need to get on the wagon the does out the Doc. He was the fourth vote of five on Panzer and his vote was memorable because one of his lines of reasoning was the Panzer changed his avatar for sympathy.

I can't find any major connections between Max and GH. GH called Max out for poor accusations against me and pulling his vote off of ckillor at the time the Tyler wagon was mounting. Max didn't make any comments towards GH. Max was replaced by Tobi the same day as GH's last post so they did not interact at all.

I'll look into Tobi/Claus interactions in a later post.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:46 am

Post by shaft.ed »

TylerJ wrote:Crap! I was gone during the 27th through 30th. Man. Okay, I will get a reread on both of you soon.
I truly hope that doesn't mean you missed another investigation.
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:44 am

Post by TylerJ »

Actually it does... I am the worst cop ever! Stupid holidays...
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:55 am

Post by TylerJ »

The moment of truth. I have always thought that shaft.ed was a townie. And I had been suspicious of Groinhammer before he was replaced.

And while your point is good Claus, shaft.eds was better and seemed less of a contrived reason.

It's a fifty-fifty and I don't see the point in me bringing up the points that I saw and have them argued. So without further ado
Vote:Claus
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Wow that was over a lot faster than I had expected. Thanks for saving me the time to reread Claus Tobi interactions.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by Claus »

Heh... congratulations Shaft.ed. You played well. I also hoped I would have the time to make a case against you.

But aren't you even a little bit ashamed of letting Tobi Win with you? :-P
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Claus »

TylerJ wrote:And I had been suspicious of Groinhammer before he was replaced.
Lol. The game was decided on a OMGUS vote. :-P I think I'm feeling some remorse of defending you so strongly yesterday now.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:19 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

End of Game Votecount!

Claus - 2 (shaft.ed, TylerJ)

shaft.ed - 1 (Claus)

As has become evidently clear, Claus was a Townie!

shaft.ed (Mafia A) shoots TylerJ (Cop), and takes over the town of Fleaville. Kind of a hollow victory, seeing as the town's empty, but a victory nonetheless...

shaft.ed and Tobiassen, Mafia A, win!

Loose Ends:

Mafia A kills:
1. Tobiassen kills JDodge
2. shaft.ed kills pwayne66
3. shaft.ed kills aioqwe

Mafia B kills:
1. Dasquian kills Korlash
2. Dasquian kills Sikario8
3. aioqwe kills Rishi

Doc protects:
1. No choice received
2. Dasquian

Now, Cops? Who would get a guilty on who? Did Tyler's missed final choice
actually
matter!?

I'm afraid so! =(
TylerJ gets guilties on Mafia A.
pwayne gets guilties on Mafia B.

TylerJ's investigations:
1. No choice received
2. Rishi
3. No choice received

pwayne66's investigations:
1. Rishi
2. shaft.ed

So, thanks to all the players who actually stuck around until they either died or won, and thanks for a game that was quite interesting to watch!
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Rishi »

We should have lynched TylerJ on day one.

But, I thought we were totally sunk considering how brutal the odds were for the town. So it's nice that we had a chance to win.

I forget when I was convinced that shaft.ed was scum, but it felt somewhat obvious to me after a while. I think I was the only one who was onto aioqwe since Day 1.

And SSF - you did a great job modding. You were a bit of a prod nazi, but otherwise, you were a very good mod.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:05 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Good job shaft. This one leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I had a good idea that you were scum, but even if you hadn't killed me, I couldn't confirm it. My first game as a cop and I am guessing that I played entirely too "copy".
None the less, it was a fun game to play/watch. Good job ssf.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:55 am

Post by Korlash »

>.> IS this one finally over? Man... seems like forever ago... Something something... and so forth... I forget, what was I? lol...
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:16 am

Post by JDodge »

Right on Dasquian, shaft.ed and Tobiassen.

I CALL THAT A VICTORY!

Too bad tyler screwed it up :(
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:13 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I felt bad for the town on this one. The only chance you guys had at winning was aioqwe's NK and Tyler's vote. I seriously was trying to cross-kill but have realized I'm just a really really bad scum-hunter. I hope that I will never be given a vig role any time soon.
JDodge wrote:Right on Dasquian, shaft.ed and Tobiassen.

I CALL THAT A VICTORY!

Too bad tyler screwed it up :(
That's why you had to die. I'm surprised no one looked over your posts when you came up dead. But you were wrong about ckillor, pwayne, lordy and Tyler.
Rishi wrote:I forget when I was convinced that shaft.ed was scum, but it felt somewhat obvious to me after a while. I think I was the only one who was onto aioqwe since Day 1.
I was pretty sure you would know I was scum since I had been framing you the entire game :wink: . The problem was I had to keep you alive in order for it to be worth the trouble, thankfully aioqwe took the bait. I was really worried after this post
Rishi wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:OK I think I've made up my mind for the day, but I need to get a better read on aioqwe before this thing goes to night.
Why? He's not in danger of being lynched and, as a claimed vanilla townie, you have no night action. If he is killed during the night, then you won't need a read on him.

Are you scum? Is this why you need the information?
Claus wrote:Heh... congratulations Shaft.ed. You played well. I also hoped I would have the time to make a case against you.

But aren't you even a little bit ashamed of letting Tobi Win with you?
I was also hoping there might be a bit of back and forth. Was really surprised that Tyler decided so fast since I had a very pro-town view of you. And I know the case would have been pretty good against me if Tyler believed the bus'ing. And yeah that's why I had to kill Tobi. You should have let me hammer, I would have been more satisfied and you wouldn't have had that connection to him.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Rishi »

You did play well, shaft.ed. I think that post that you pointed to was when I was absolutely sure. I didn't push the issue too much because I figured you were probably Tobi's partner, and I didn't want my attacks to just seem like OMGUS.
TylerJ
TylerJ
Goon
TylerJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:17 am

Post by TylerJ »

Apologies... Shaft.ed you were really good. I had no clue you were scum whatsoever, I didn't believe that you bussed your scumbuddy. Not that I didn't think you would do that, I just didn't believe you were scum.

You guys probably think I am an idiot, but I was strongly set that shaft.ed was town. I thought Claus acted townie too, but not as much. I don't think I would have been convinced other wise
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:48 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Tyler thanks. I had been buddying up to you since D1 and I just got really lucky that the end game turned out with the players it did.

Also SSF I forgot to thank you for the great modding job. Thanks for keeping it going with the hiccupy start and all of the replacements. And thanks replacements for helping out.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Dasquian »

shaft.ed wrote:I felt bad for the town on this one. The only chance you guys had at winning was aioqwe's NK and Tyler's vote. I seriously was trying to cross-kill but have realized I'm just a really really bad scum-hunter. I hope that I will never be given a vig role any time soon.
Heh, I hear you on that. I spent the entire game trying to genuinely scum-hunt - I was certain Rishi was Tobi's partner and if someone told me he wasn't, I still wouldn't have guessed you. Well played :)

Reason I claimed cop on D3 is that I thought Claus was our cop and had a guilty on aioqwe and was about to declare a guilty on me too. I figured pre-empting it was my only chance and was quite surprised when Tyler was the cop (though the tells were indeed all there).
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Rishi »

Man, I can't get over the fact that the doc missed one protection and a cop missed two investigations. Meh. Who knows? It could have been the difference.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by aioqwe »

Nice game... I thought Rishi was was Maf A... oh well, congratz Shaft :)
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by Claus »

Yeah, Thanks SSF. It was a very interesting game. I'm sorry about pre-empting you with the result in the endgame, should have left you the honours of the reveal :-)
Dasquian wrote: Reason I claimed cop on D3 is that I thought Claus was our cop and had a guilty on aioqwe and was about to declare a guilty on me too.
Nah, I don't think I would have been that subtle as a cop. I would just scream "guilty result!" at my first chance. BTW, pwayne, did you leave any breadcrumbs about your N1 result? Not that it would have mattered the way that the game turned out, but...
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:27 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”