Micro 687: Vanilluxe Mafia - Mafia Victory!!!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In the meantime, Pagetop!

VC 1.7
Eddie Cane
(3): SweetBlueFlowers , Fro99er , TTTT
SweetBlueFlowers
(2): Eddie Cane , GuiltyLion
Fro99er
(1): Lowell
Lowell
(1): Sobolev Space

Not Voting
(2): borkjerfkin , Bellaphant

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
Day one ends March 4th at 1pm EST, or in (expired on 2017-03-04 13:00:00)

Mod Notes:
Lowell is V/LA until Thursday
Last edited by Aristophanes on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

I think ever since his response to frogger's pressure i've kinda liked his attitude ( in particular looked town), looks like he's thinking critically about GL's points and evaluating them against his own actual preconceptions and reads and meh this is starting to sound confbiasy to myself

I think I expected to find more concrete things than I did but gun to my head I don't want to lynch him
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 248, Bellaphant wrote:i'm also more :S about
is this a "i'm miffed about it" or "i think frogger is scummy for it"
beefycheese
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:15 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I wanna chat with him before I come down on a side of that. i'm wondering if it's all scum!mindgames though, yes.

not sold on eddie yet, but your read looks genuine at least
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Oh thanks for reminding me

still waiting on sbf.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

I think i'm hitting my D1 "all my off the cuff reads are wearing off and i don't know what the fuck i'm doing"

I think GL's point on Lowell (reversing his read on me w/o any external pressure implying town motivation) might have merit but is tempered by the fact that the entire game is townreading me
beefycheese
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 242, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 233, GuiltyLion wrote:If I were scum at the time of TTTT's 150 I'd probably oddball TR someone like Fro99er or Eddie (assuming that they're town) instead.
Actually wait, if you're calling this an 'oddball' TR that ostensibly scum would do why is SS [that you have described as an unconventional townread] any different
In post 243, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 233, GuiltyLion wrote:I mean you just saw how I did it with EccentricLemon in our Newbie Game, I recognized people were going to scumread her/push on her so I decided to townread her and it kept her alive to endgame.
Ok yeah you're literally giving an example of you doing the thing as scum that you're townreading TTTT (at your highest tier) for doing

?
eh SS was asking me about how townreading a rando would keep the lynch off of them, so I gave an example of that. The reason I feel this scenario (TTTT townreading SS) is different is because I didn't think SS was immediately likely as a D1 lynch candidate, whereas my memory of that Newbie game was EL was definitely mislynchable early. I probably shouldn't have even answered that question from SS about who I'd expect scum to TR instead, it's not really relevant to my main thought which is I don't see why scum!TTTT would townread her in particular there.

and I didn't really think all of this through to this deep of a level when I first read TTTT's post, I feel I'm getting bogged down in people asking me to explain every ounce of my thought process for an idea that I didn't think was gonna be immediately intuitive to everyone anyway
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

basically I guess like,

a. when you're scum and you take a hard townread on someone, you're removing them from being a wagon you can be on, this is usually not good for you since it narrows your options and so you usually want to be careful about it and plan ahead

b. however sometimes it's beneficial when you think the wagon will be strong without you, because then you can get some towncred if the mislynch goes through, and you can push your "desired lynch" instead for multiple days while townies remain fixated on the shiny thing (what I was trying to point to as an example of what I did with EL in the Newbie game)

c. so when it's someone who hasn't really attracted any attention or scumreads whatsoever, you don't really get the benefit of b, so I don't see why scum!TTTT would have done it with hypothetical town!SS there. I was trying to point to hypothetical town!Eddie instead as an example of where the b) scenario seems plausible
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 257, GuiltyLion wrote:so when it's someone who hasn't really attracted any attention or scumreads whatsoever, you don't really get the benefit of b, so I don't see why scum!TTTT would have done it with hypothetical town!SS there. I was trying to point to hypothetical town!Eddie instead as an example of where the b) scenario seems plausible
this is what i was missing

ok
beefycheese
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 253, Bellaphant wrote:I wanna chat with him before I come down on a side of that. i'm wondering if it's all scum!mindgames though, yes.
talk to me B

I saw you have a good town game yes, but you were still hesitant at first there, which is what I know of you as town.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:40 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 248, Bellaphant wrote:i'm also more :S about the fact that frog just saw me have a good town-game and is still saying the same stuff about my meta and using it as gospel.
B, why are you surprised I'm using meta?

You had a good town game, yes, but you were still hesitant at first. I even quoted it in this game. You seemed much more carefree there too.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 204, Lowell wrote:The eddie wagon is bad and you should feel bad.

eddie and TTTT are the only strong town reads for me at teh moment. bork is close.

froggy wants a vote, so let's have at it.

VOTE: froggy

His case against eddie is based on some incredibly weak logic, and looks like he just picked a random easy target and reverse-engineered some dumb meta shit. I don't want to be that guy rushing to whiteknight eddie, but yeah it has come to that. froggy needs to go.
What part of "I do this every game" did you fail to understand?
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by Fro99er »

@bork examples

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p7299362 (BBT called me out for self-meta/WIFOM...BBT was scum)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p7185807 (Aero calls me out for self-meta...Aero was scum)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p7233708 (Sakura calls me out for self-meta...Sakura was scum)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p7387205 (Prozac calls out self-meta...Prozac was scum)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p7405616 (Titus calls me out for self-meta...Titus was scum)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p7338212 (Fire calls me out for self-meta...Fire was scum)
this was ME as scum calling someone else on the WIFOM/Self-meta (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p6995964) ... see...I even did my own scumtell in my very first scum game.

as scum I self meta/WIFOM too, but i'm not called on it
here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p7262038 (not called out on it)
here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7135564 (not called out for it)

only other scumgame I remember rolling was as a hydra and I don't think I did it there.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by Fro99er »

there's more examples p sure but I don't really care about looking up any more
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:07 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 212, Eddie Cane wrote:obviously both alignments do it - i do it - but I typically see scum being the ones to call someone town out of seemingly nothing.
oh like calling me out for self-WIFOM
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:21 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 226, GuiltyLion wrote:Well, Fro99er has since pointed out that he didn't say that people on his "list" are scummy, which makes me wonder why he's even keeping it.
Because I think there is scum in the list. I'm trying to figure out who. Where are these people's votes?

I enjoy watching people scumread me and not do anything with it though. With as many people scumreading me as they are, at least one should be following through with a vote if they really believed I was scum. They should be coming at me, not sitting here saying I make them nervous or whatnot and then voting elsewhere. Pressure me if you think I'm scum.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:24 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 226, GuiltyLion wrote:Like, he's noted/implied that Lowell, TTTT, and I have all done this, but we can't all be scum.
I agree. And that's what I'm trying to sort out. I'm pointing it out because whenever I flip it'll be revealing that scum is most likely on this wagon.

I am now townreading TTTT and you, so I'm at the point I think it's Lowell, and his jumping on me for voting Eddie for Eddie calling me out on self-wifom without taking into consideration I do that pretty much every game is also concerning.

I can see Lowell and eddie as a team right now
Heil King Froggo.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:27 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 266, Fro99er wrote:I can see Lowell and eddie as a team right now
^
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 216, Bellaphant wrote:I also don't think your meta on me as 'doesn't know anything/say anything' as town is kinda insulting - we both had two scum on day 1 and i went into night 2 knowing where my vote was going day three...
i'm not trying to be insulting!

I'm saying your towngame displays paranoia. Not jumping to conclusions. You even showed that in the game we just finished where we did great.

I just didn't get that paranoia from you at the time when you jumped to they can't be a scumteam.

Probably doesn't help I came to the opposite conclusion that it makes them more likely a scumteam (although I townread bork, but that specific interaction shouldn't rule them out as a scumteam)
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 200, SweetBlueFlowers wrote:I'm not particularly enchanted by Cain's anti-town opening or their apparent discontentment with my vote.
Why? Expand on this
I haven't seen anything from the slot that would warrant me unvoting.
Then try interacting with cain and see what you get instead of just saying you don't see anything
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 264, Fro99er wrote:
In post 212, Eddie Cane wrote:obviously both alignments do it - i do it - but I typically see scum being the ones to call someone town out of seemingly nothing.
oh like calling me out for self-WIFOM
derp I misread this

thought it said "I see scum being the ones to call someone out for seemingly nothing"
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by Fro99er »

UNVOTE:
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 251, borkjerfkin wrote:I think ever since his response to frogger's pressure i've kinda liked his attitude ( in particular looked town), looks like he's thinking critically about GL's points and evaluating them against his own actual preconceptions and reads and meh this is starting to sound confbiasy to myself

I think I expected to find more concrete things than I did but gun to my head I don't want to lynch him
What was town about 190?

Maybe i'm just talking myself out of my read because I misread his 212 initially, but I could see "I typically see scum being the ones to call someone town out of seemingly nothing." coming from either alignment, especially because it's just stating a fact, which is something either alignment could state.

then he just says he disagrees with the reason for the town read.

I'm not sure why that makes him town.

I'm curious about 190 though, because I'm not seeing why it looks town.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:47 pm

Post by Fro99er »

In post 114, Lowell wrote:
fos froggy
. His entry reads like someone who wants to be seen asking questions actively than someone who gives a shit about the answers. Don't ask me to explain the difference, I probably can't.

VOTE: bella.
In post 119, Lowell wrote:
froggy wants a vote, so let's have at it.

VOTE: froggy

His case against eddie is based on some incredibly weak logic, and looks like he just picked a random easy target and reverse-engineered some dumb meta shit. I don't want to be that guy rushing to whiteknight eddie, but yeah it has come to that. froggy needs to go.
Lowell do you have anything else besides "I don't give a shit about the answers" and my case on eddie around the wifom stuff, which I've demonstrated I do in basically every game?

Because you're not actually even pressuring me. Just giving two reasons but not actually trying to figure out if those reasons are alignment indicative for me. Sure the first reason could be alignment indicative, but I showed that I followed up on those answers to my questions, and you just dismiss it as gut. That second reason is just pigeon-holing my play into "reverse-engineered some dumb meta shit" as must be scum, when I've said (prior to that, and since then displayed) I do that as town quite frequently.
Heil King Froggo.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:54 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Bump!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”