Micro 722: Limited Time Offer! Game Over...already!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:37 am

Post by GinghamDog »

@mod:
I will not have internet access for the next 30 hours or so. Will be able to post again Sunday, should be well within the 48 hour limit.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 62, Zulfy wrote: It's me I am here.

I think I'll sit this out for now.
In post 64, Writers Bloque wrote:Offer an opinion of some kind or you will be sat down for a permanent length of time :evil:
In post 173, Writers Bloque wrote:Not true. Zulfy has a post saying he wasn't going to do anything at the moment. I don't think it's scummy from him.
This looks like a big change in attitude to me. I get that you weren't calling him scummy in but it still seems like you've reversed your opinion on him deciding to 'sit out'. Why?
Writers Bloque
Writers Bloque
Townie
Writers Bloque
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by Writers Bloque »

Honestly I might have said that to anyone but I know him so it's even more pointless to push him over something NaI at this point to me
Show
You the dumb one... cause the same ropes I could have showed you to make it you getting hung from.

as

JC // Danny Myers
Our condolences
~ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
Writers Bloque
Writers Bloque
Townie
Writers Bloque
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by Writers Bloque »

But I do want posting from him. Like I didn't expect not posting but it's not like he's going to remain quiet
Show
You the dumb one... cause the same ropes I could have showed you to make it you getting hung from.

as

JC // Danny Myers
Our condolences
~ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
Treblesome
Treblesome
Goon
Treblesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:29 am

Post by Treblesome »

In post 162, GinghamDog wrote:As a reminder in case it gets overlooked, Edosurist's vote on beeboy didn't make sense, when the rest of his post seemed to be pressuring Mario instead. I don't know if it was a mistake or what.
Yeah I saw this too and hopefully he comes in to answer for it.

-V
Treblesome
Treblesome
Goon
Treblesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:41 am

Post by Treblesome »

Sobolev, do you really think voting Zulfy is going to make him participate? Out of curiosity; haven't played with him before.
Treblesome
Treblesome
Goon
Treblesome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:45 am

Post by Treblesome »

Also just a heads up, C will likely do most of the talking from 6/26 to 7/1 because I'll be semi-V/LA and restricted to mobile.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:58 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

OK so this game is somewhere on the spectrum of death and I feel like I need to explain what I am saying about Jason because for some reason Sobolev seems to be agreeing with him and if I'm making what I am saying clear I can't think of a reason for someone to do that.
"It's almost like i push for reactions, but no you have to play the game your way don't you?"- This is JasonWazza justifying his vote on me. He says he is pushing for reactions, but nowhere is there actual
pushing
for those reactions. OK, so I hadn't posted for a while when that exact post was made; but even when I
was
posting, there was no actual pushing, and there is none now. Look at . What do you see here? What I see is Jason disagreeing with my points. (He's arguing with premises I didn't hold, but I doubt that's actually indicative of his alignment.) But where is the pushing? How does he want me to respond to these points? Basically, he's just calling my premise stupid and using that to vote for me. I don't see any questions pushing, I see a weak justification for a vote. And he was trying to call me pushing on him for that him actually taking the initiative for actually pushing for reactions, with his vote that was meant to push for reactions.
Instead, what I see there is Jason manufacturing a weak scumread on Page 2, and lingering onto that scumread because he doesn't want to push any new content. His read is stale, and although it's a "push for reactions" which is supposed to look like scumhunting, in reality, it's a substitute for scumhunting.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:09 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 180, Treblesome wrote:Sobolev, do you really think voting Zulfy is going to make him participate? Out of curiosity; haven't played with him before.
I haven't played with him before either. My vote on him started as semi-RVS but out of all the lurkers I liked his posts the least so I'm keeping it there until he gets replaced/does something. Fwiw if I had a second vote it would be on WritersBloque. Something about their posts keep gut pinging me and their responses to my questions haven't been enough to convince me their content isn't faked.

A little drunk rn but will review Mario v Jason in the morning.

Hopefully this game picks up after the weekend because this is zzzzz
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:40 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

VC 1.2
MarioManiac4
(2): beeboy , JasonWazza
JasonWazza
(2): Treblesome , MarioManiac4
beeboy
(1): Edosurist
Zulfy
(1): Sobolev Space
GinghamDog
(1): Writers Bloque

Not Voting
(2): GinghamDog, Zulfy
D1 will end when a hammer is reached or on June 9th at 7am or in (expired on 2017-06-29 07:00:00).
With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Mod Notes:

Nothing I can think of :)

Oh, other than my current V/LA obviously :P

I hope this is right!!
Last edited by Aristophanes on Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:48 pm

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Mod; have you issued prods to the 4 players (beeboy, Edosurist, JasonWazza and Zulfy) who have not posted for over 2 days?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:07 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 185, MarioManiac4 wrote:
Mod; have you issued prods to the 4 players (beeboy, Edosurist, JasonWazza and Zulfy) who have not posted for over 2 days?
Nope.
I gave a warning that I would be away until Monday.

I will do so tomorrow at some point though!
I hate having to issue prods.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Writers Bloque
Writers Bloque
Townie
Writers Bloque
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:49 pm

Post by Writers Bloque »

In post 183, Sobolev Space wrote:something. Fwiw if I had a second vote it would be on WritersBloque. Something about their posts keep gut pinging me and their responses to my questions haven't been enough to convince me their content isn't faked.

A little drunk rn but will review Mario v Jason in the morning.

Hopefully this game picks up after the weekend because this is zzzzz

Well what a coinky-dink. I wanted to vote you too.
In post 183, Sobolev Space wrote: their responses to my questions haven't been enough to convince me their content isn't faked.
So if we wrote our posts a certain way you wouldn't think they're fake?

Basically.. what scum is supposed to do?
Show

as

JC // Danny Myers
Our condolences
~ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:05 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 0, Aristophanes wrote:4. All neighbourhoods were randomized prior to role dispersal.
I just edited this into the OP.

It is possible for neighbourhoods to begin with two town, two scum, or a mixture of the two. It is not possible for someone to be a neighbour with only themselves.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:10 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Zulfy, Jason, Edo, and beeboy have all been prodded :(

Gingham is almost in prod range as well.

I forgot he V/LA'd
- Jingle
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:58 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

VOTE: WritersBloque
In post 187, Writers Bloque wrote:So if we wrote our posts a certain way you wouldn't think they're fake?

Yes. Good scum can make natural sounding read progressions and content. This is why scum hunting should be multi-dimensional. That said, if I see something that looks unnatural and pressing on it still doesn't offer any good explanation, I'm going to find it scummy.

Posts I didn't like from you:
with later explanations , and not very convincing
with later backing off in
and hedging on Jason (although I did like the last line of 155)
just feels like a weird justification for a vote
In post 187, Writers Bloque wrote:Well what a coinky-dink. I wanted to vote you too.
Then why don't you? You don't seem too invested in your vote on Gingham so I don't see the point of this comment. If you have a SR on me act on it. I won't be offended.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:17 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

Mario why do you think Jason decided to lie later on about his initial push on you?
Writers Bloque
Writers Bloque
Townie
Writers Bloque
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:24 am

Post by Writers Bloque »

GOd dammit I was supposed to vote you first. You have destroyed my theatricals

prepare for your end

VOTE: Sobolev Space

Sobolev Space wrote:VOTE: WritersBloque
In post 187, Writers Bloque wrote:So if we wrote our posts a certain way you wouldn't think they're fake?

Yes. Good scum can make natural sounding read progressions and content. This is why scum hunting should be multi-dimensional.
This is what I was saying. You reacting this way defeats the purpose. The premise of us not convincing you our posts are real is based on us having lazy scum play.
Sobolev Space wrote:
Posts I didn't like from you:
with later explanations , and not very convincing
I can't really find fault with you not liking the way posts are posted unless you have a specific problem with what's stated... you're not convinced I believe what I say? You're not convinced it's right? You're not convinced the statements are grounded in something tangible?
Sobolev Space wrote: with later backing off in

I don't see what you related in these two.
Sobolev Space wrote:VOTE: WritersBloque

and hedging on Jason (although I did like the last line of 155)
This was because Treblesome asserted
In post 129, Treblesome wrote:Like, if I make a list of the times that scum!FA has pulled the exact same progression on someone that was scumreading them, right down to the outright hostility, and been called town for it, will that change people's views? With all the times everyone's said nah she's town, she wouldn't do that as scum, the spite and rage is towny, it's universal. Your read here is statistically bad.
Jason's behaviour is not towny and it's explicitly not towny in a way that I'm used to people townreading in spite of it. Jasonwazza's play up to this point does not deserve to be townread.
If it's going to be called a null to look back after I'll take it but if everyone's going to townread him then I don't really have an option to double down because I don't like losing to people who play like this.

Am I saying that everyone who is aggressive like this is scum? fuck no. I hard townread Jason in his last game with me and he ended up getting mislynched, not by me.
But I'm very, very used to people doing exactly what Jason is doing as scum and winning so I have to make a very
big deal
out of this.

this. I know it wasn't addressed at me I just wanted to make clear that I looked at the whole Treble vs Jason and this stuff and my read there right now is well founded IMO. Jason hasn't done enough stuff though I will admit. This game's a little quiet
Sobolev Space wrote: just feels like a weird justification for a vote
It was how I justified it. The reason I haven't invested into that vote is because I don't believe it to hold that much weight anymore.

Posts like those below have been somewhat of an explanation to most of my initial reasons to scumread her:

Spoiler:
In post 111, GinghamDog wrote:
In post 107, Treblesome wrote:
In post 106, GinghamDog wrote:Because I don't know what your alignments are. The whole point of discussing those details is to figure that out. If I had to guess, I'd say this is town vs town, as most early arguments are.
It amounts to IIOA which is a scumtell for a reason. I note that you're like not incorporating any details of this into your read, you're just 'whoops this is town v town because early argument.'

That's beyond being shitty, surface level reasoning.
Yea, I'm not very good or experienced at mafia. Not all of us are in half the games on this site like you are.

I'm not the type to speculate on alignments until a bit later in the day when I have more to go on. And what's IIOA?
In post 157, GinghamDog wrote:Poor choice of words in my last sentence. I'm saying that scum would be more likely to flirt around with the most likely wagons to be lynched, and less likely to stay on one person consistently.
In post 161, GinghamDog wrote:
In post 158, Writers Bloque wrote: I just think you've played a pretty safe game here. You ask a lot of questions and your stances are safe. I don't know you or how you play so I'm just going off what I feel from your posts total.
That's just how my early play is. I'm always a late bloomer, gaining more confidence and conviction as more clues are available. My Day 1 scum-hunting is pretty garbage I'll admit.
In post 165, GinghamDog wrote:Plus, scum usually don't want to be seen tunneling a townie, because they look all the worse after the flip.
Show

as

JC // Danny Myers
Our condolences
~ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:32 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

In post 192, Writers Bloque wrote:

Shit meant there my bad. Will respond to the rest when I have more time.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:41 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 191, Sobolev Space wrote:Mario why do you think Jason decided to lie later on about his initial push on you?
Because Treblesome had pushed him on it and he wanted to defend his stance but didn't really want to re-evaluate his position, so he took the out that it was a reaction test. Why do you think he would do it as town?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:47 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Sobolev vs Bloque feels like it's mostly going over my head largely because I don't know the position WB is trying to hold; they're refuting SS's case but not really talking about why she is scum for it. Bloque's comments earlier about me being scum for bringing hoodclaim up in RVS was not great, but it feels more like town who just made a point that wasn't logically sound on a whim due to them admitting its weakness later on.
Writers Bloque
Writers Bloque
Townie
Writers Bloque
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:06 am

Post by Writers Bloque »

? You act like I put you as lock scum. Even you said I outlined why that doesn't really mean anything, and I said you weren't someone I was genuinely pushing especially since you explained your thought processes.

Sobolev isn't scum for the case on me, she's just scum. It feels like she was trying to set me up for a push as in; I don't think the progressions are genuine. That "case" can justify a vote on me but without further explanation which I'll get at some point it's completely hollow.
Sobolev Space wrote:
In post 192, Writers Bloque wrote:

Shit meant there my bad. Will respond to the rest when I have more time.
This is what I thought you meant but I already addressed this when you asked me about it before.

You act like I took a hardline stance on Zulfy then 180'd. It's not the case. You've said you know I wasn't calling him scum with that initial post. All things considered you can't even get anything AI from our interaction and my "backing off". You have to stretch something a little.

So again I'm not sure whether or not you have an issue with my explanations and if so, what? Is it how I word things or is my meaning unclear?

Or if my explanations just need to be scummy so we can be pushed
Show

as

JC // Danny Myers
Our condolences
~ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
Writers Bloque
Writers Bloque
Townie
Writers Bloque
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:38 am

Post by Writers Bloque »

okay I'm exaggerating a little but yeah
Show

as

JC // Danny Myers
Our condolences
~ ♠ ♥ ♦ ♣
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by beeboy »

Sorry I'll post tomorrow.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by GinghamDog »

I'm sorta back, still limited though.

Not sure about WB/SS. If it's not town vs town, then I'd lean slightly more on WB being the scum, but not sure.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”