Team Mafia 2018: Mafiosi Revolution (Over)

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:59 am

Post by Ether »

Day 1, Votecount 33

ScumChat's gone and so are you
AIM has fallen through
A dozen boys that played like you
God do I miss 2002
-[
Electric Blue,
Arcade Fire
]
4 Transcend (Chara, Ginngie, Mulch, Kmd4390)
3 Cabd (Spiffeh, Toranaga, Firebringer)
2 Mulch (Kagami, implosion)
1 Ginngie (Patrick)
1 Kmd4390 (UnaBombaH)

4 Unvote (Aristophanes, Cabd, Cheetory6, Transcend)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
The deadline is in (expired on 2018-02-05 00:00:00), on Sunday, February 4 at 11:59 pm EST.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1263, Kagami wrote:That's it? What elaboration do you want?
Id like you to elaborate on why u seem to think TVS instead of TVT?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:10 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1267, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 1265, Cabd wrote:I'm too friendly to lynch!
I lynch friendly people like you for breakfast.
Why don’t u ever lynch me then?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:17 am

Post by Kagami »

That doesn't follow from the content you quoted -_-

I'd happily make a market on mulch-scum of .5/.65, which alone is sufficient to support the "TvS" thing, though I wouldn't phrase it like that.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:19 am

Post by Toranaga »

why are you scumreading mulch?

what do you think about cabd?
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Kagami »

Let's see...

- over 50% chance scum prior to posting a single thing.
- the mason thing that kmd finds so towny doesn't make sense from a town perspective; he was going to call you town anyway, there's no reason fakeclaim mason unless he was hoping to get reciprocation or some other sort of townread out of it.
- AD says so
- Keeps harping on the notion that lynching him is "policy"
- 0 breadth in general. Even his recent townreads post (after I called him out on it) are all easy
- Scumreads are bad and overly sparse
- Blow up a few pages back makes no sense
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:33 am

Post by Kagami »

Re: Cabd

sounds like he's claiming Friendly Neighbor, which probably makes him town.

Independent of that, I've been a little fence-ish on him in general, but I have a reason (which I don't think will be respected by the crowd) to think that he's unlikely to pick up a scum PM for him team.

I remain curious what exactly he expects from me, as he knows I'm not a super-interactive player. I continue to expect something and remain patiently waiting.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1280, Kagami wrote:Let's see...

- over 50% chance scum prior to posting a single thing.
I don't believe that's necessarily true. I don't think amrock prefers playing scum as his greatest talent and something he does very passionately in games is solving.
I can also see him preferring to take a coaching position for team mates rather than be the scum himself, and either way this already started as a bad way to scumhunt anyone in this game imo.

- the mason thing that kmd finds so towny doesn't make sense from a town perspective; he was going to call you town anyway, there's no reason fakeclaim mason unless he was hoping to get reciprocation or some other sort of townread out of it.
lack of a reason doesn't mean it's scum motivated. if he is getting townread from it, that could simply be due to him doing something that's generally towny. I wasn't townreading amrock for the claim, but I started townreading him when he immediately dropped the claim as my initial reaction would make it difficult for the mafia team to believe us. he could have played it along with me when I was receptive to it, which would actually fit a more scum motivated mason claim, trying to hide himself behind a fake claim with a towny player that's generally gonna be read as very villagery and thread captain a lynch in his best days. not taking that opportunity shows town motivation.

- AD says so
oh well. why is he saying so.

- Keeps harping on the notion that lynching him is "policy"
people policy lynch amrock so he is correct.

- 0 breadth in general. Even his recent townreads post (after I called him out on it) are all easy
disagree and not sure this is scummy of amrock. he can be a loud, bold mafia member too.

- Scumreads are bad and overly sparse
- Blow up a few pages back makes no sense
responses to what I felt like responding.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Kagami »

Amrock = mulch?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Toranaga »

yeah
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:02 am

Post by Kagami »

Am I correct in interpreting your overuse of "Amrock" as a means to convey that you're highly familiar with his play?

How confidently do you townread him?
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Toranaga »

I just know him from MU first and he is amrock there. I'm not trying to make it seem like I know him better than anyone else.

my townread on mulch is as close as I can possibly townread him especifically without a flip. he hasn't posted anything I scumread and had many very genuine thoughts and I think his interactions with transcend are very towny;gamesolvey;highly evaluative that resonate a lot with me.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:07 am

Post by Kagami »

hmmm....
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:07 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1264, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 1259, implosion wrote:I'm somewhat thinking Chara + Kagami + ???? scum atm.
Is Cabd not in your pool atm?
I mean, he is ish? But see softclaim etc which I was avoiding elaborating on but shrug. I was a bit unsure what to think about him since the first time he softclaimed earlier which I'm not sure if people caught but assume most did.

Third could be like, ginngie? or spiffeh? or patrick? Or mulch of course, but if I'm right on Kagami i'm not sure if they'd bus this way, if I'm trying to theorize a full team. There are also some other townreads I could be wrong on like una or firebringer but cabd is probably town unless something weird goes on.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:09 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1286, Toranaga wrote:I think his interactions with transcend are very towny;gamesolvey;highly evaluative
Can you give some examples?

I've felt like most of Mulch and Transcend's direct interactions have been really not that deep throwing shade at each other. I don't remember Mulch giving any reasons to scumread transcend that felt particularly deeply evaluative but i may easily be missing something in the deluge.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Kagami »

I am town, Ginn is town, patrick is town, Spiff is being scum in a non-mafia sense, but I'd guess town there too.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:13 am

Post by Toranaga »

In post 1289, implosion wrote:
In post 1286, Toranaga wrote:I think his interactions with transcend are very towny;gamesolvey;highly evaluative
Can you give some examples?

I've felt like most of Mulch and Transcend's direct interactions have been really not that deep throwing shade at each other. I don't remember Mulch giving any reasons to scumread transcend that felt particularly deeply evaluative but i may easily be missing something in the deluge.
he has actually gone back and forth on transcend a fair amount throughout those interactions. I also feel his scumread on transcend makes sense because transcend's push on mulch is too strong for the little transcend has presented as reasons, and the 'reaction test' with calling me scum and then pushing mulch for not immediately acting out on it is cringe level scummy if you ask me. have you actually read that push?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:27 am

Post by implosion »

Toranga wrote:transcend's push on mulch is too strong for the little transcend has presented as reasons,
Well yeah but
1) the same imo can be said about mulch's push on transcend from what I can remember of it, and
2) when transcend said he wanted to case mulch, i.e. elaborate on his reasons more, mulch said transcend would be claiming scum by casing him??? so like, mulch apparently doesn't think town-transcend would be elaborating on reasons for scumreading him. So that's not a good reason for mulch to scumread transcend. There's sort of a chicken and egg problem of how the mutual scumread developed.
Toranga wrote:the 'reaction test' with calling me scum and then pushing mulch for not immediately acting out on it is cringe level scummy if you ask me.
I agree it's really strange. And somewhat scummy on face. I mostly read it as joking around, honestly, not as being entirely serious. And it's a very easy thing to push against if Mulch is scum, and so I don't really see Mulch's immediate reaction and explanation as hard to fabricate. It is still the one thing that makes me think twice on Transcend like I think I've mentioned but none of his other posting has felt off to me at all and I still don't remember Mulch ever giving satisfactory justifications for Transcend being scum.

The difference between the two for me is that I haven't seen anything from Mulch that I've felt strongly like I can read into either way (though I have seen some weak things) but I feel like I've seen Transcend towntell strongly.
Toranaga
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Toranaga
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:28 am

Post by Toranaga »

can you go over transcend's towntells for me

I'll be sure to pick it up if they're true towntells...
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:32 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1293, Toranaga wrote:can you go over transcend's towntells for me

I'll be sure to pick it up if they're true towntells...
I wrote:Can you give some examples?
I asked first :X

I've given some not-very-specific references (, ) but can elaborate more tonight if you want.

Also need to elaborate thoughts on Kagami tonight.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:33 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 1291, Toranaga wrote:I also feel his scumread on transcend makes sense because transcend's push on mulch is too strong for the little transcend has presented as reasons, and the 'reaction test' with calling me scum and then pushing mulch for not immediately acting out on it is cringe level scummy if you ask me. have you actually read that push?
I read this in the opposite way. While I don't think that it was a valid "reaction test," I don't disbelieve that the intent was for it to be, and I think the entire thing and the conclusions derived are unlikely to be generated by scum.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:49 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 1281, Kagami wrote:Re: Cabd

sounds like he's claiming Friendly Neighbor, which probably makes him town.

Independent of that, I've been a little fence-ish on him in general, but I have a reason (which I don't think will be respected by the crowd) to think that he's unlikely to pick up a scum PM for him team.

I remain curious what exactly he expects from me, as he knows I'm not a super-interactive player. I continue to expect something and remain patiently waiting.
Not sure where you are getting friendly neighbor from, but I'm surprised you'd be so quick to believe it considering you won a game as scum where your partner fakeclaimed friendly neighbor.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:56 am

Post by Kagami »

I don't even know where to begin with that.

There's a subtle difference between calling an FN claim is probably coming from town (and if you don't see where I gathered that, then I don't know how to help you) and believing an FN claim that changes into a 3-shot FN claim after it gets "roleblocked" 3 times and has a special modifier that makes shots get consumed when blocked unlike every other role in that game.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:01 am

Post by Kagami »

The reason an FN claim, if that's what Cabd is indeed softing, implies probably town is that very few scum are as ballsy as MS was and very few towns as gullible as that of Inu Yasha Mafia.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Kagami »

I only just realized that's the game we were in together. I was thinking it was Nati's MTG game where we couldn't win because there it multiball with a bulletproof IC.

I vaguely recall playing with you in some game where Juls was scum and I was a Dragon or something like that.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”