Newbie 1765 | URW | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:48 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 624, Superhans wrote:@LQ What is your read on Lovesick?
She is Town.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Superhans »

In post 426, toblerone187 wrote:
In post 421, ConnorJC wrote:It's because this was all of his reads. What he said was basically just a rehash of what other people had already said. This could be because he's new, or because he's scum that's way too careful.
I also posted about Lovesick in a later post. As I said previously, every time I think something about a player or a post it seems that pretty soon after someone else has already echoed my thoughts in the thread. So I can either (a) post nothing and not contribute or (b) post my thoughts even if this means repeating what other people have already said. However, this is not "rehashing" as you put it - just because my views are the same as others does not mean I am copying them. There can only be a certain few viewpoints on people and posts and with 9 players there are bound to be people who have the same viewpoint
Its absolutely fine to share viewpoints with other players and if you agree with a theory that has already been stated, reinstating it (not rehashing, for instance you can say, 'I agree with the theory first proposed by player x etc etc',) adds weight to the theory, or at the very least, makes you easier to read.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:55 am

In post 626, Superhans wrote:
In post 426, toblerone187 wrote:
In post 421, ConnorJC wrote:It's because this was all of his reads. What he said was basically just a rehash of what other people had already said. This could be because he's new, or because he's scum that's way too careful.
I also posted about Lovesick in a later post. As I said previously, every time I think something about a player or a post it seems that pretty soon after someone else has already echoed my thoughts in the thread. So I can either (a) post nothing and not contribute or (b) post my thoughts even if this means repeating what other people have already said. However, this is not "rehashing" as you put it - just because my views are the same as others does not mean I am copying them. There can only be a certain few viewpoints on people and posts and with 9 players there are bound to be people who have the same viewpoint
Its absolutely fine to share viewpoints with other players and if you agree with a theory that has already been stated, reinstating it (not rehashing, for instance you can say, 'I agree with the theory first proposed by player x etc etc',) adds weight to the theory, or at the very least, makes you easier to read.
Yes, but people rarely have the exact same viewpoint in this game. That is why adding variations to the reasons for the conclusion go a long way.

Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Superhans »

In post 625, LicketyQuickety wrote:
She is Town.
Is this because of her emotional reaction to post or do you have any newer reads?
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:58 am

Post by Superhans »

@LQ
Naturally.
I was just saying to Toblerone, that his ideas don't need to be 100% original, especially if he is intimidated from posting for this reason.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:00 pm

In post 628, Superhans wrote:
In post 625, LicketyQuickety wrote:
She is Town.
Is this because of her emotional reaction to post or do you have any newer reads?
I already went over this with her even. I know you are paying attention in this game, so I have no idea why you are bringing this up right now.

Lovesick asked if that post was the only reason I was Town reading them and I said "That is all I need." My next post I quoted from her I said that confirmed it for me.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:01 pm

In post 629, Superhans wrote:@LQ
Naturally.
I was just saying to Toblerone, that his ideas don't need to be 100% original, especially if he is intimidated from posting for this reason.
Right.

I gave my read on that one as well. I said his thinking was open process.

Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by Superhans »

@LQ
Can you also answer my questions in about
why
you think Rautherdir is scum. Please elaborate in great great detail and include newer posts made by Rautherdir after you first made your vote.

A detailed post would be very helpful to me.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:18 pm

In post 632, Superhans wrote:@LQ
Can you also answer my questions in about
why
you think Rautherdir is scum. Please elaborate in great great detail and include newer posts made by Rautherdir after you first made your vote.

A detailed post would be very helpful to me.
See, the thing is, I am really quite lazy.

Would you buy it if I said a lot of the reasons I Scum read them are reasons that have already been stated?

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:22 pm

I'll give you a new reason though.

Their case on me that I am Scum was completely lackluster. This is because Scum have a much harder time fabricating a Scum read (or reads in general). To compound on this, they later said they don't have any strong reads. So then, why the strong push on me in the first place? I mean, they linked a lot of my posts and tried to use those as evidence for why I am Scum, but guess what? No one really bought those reasons. I would be a wagon right now if that post was legit.

TL;DR they are faking their reads.

Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Superhans »

In post 634, LicketyQuickety wrote:I'll give you a new reason though.

Their case on me that I am Scum was completely lackluster. This is because Scum have a much harder time fabricating a Scum read (or reads in general). To compound on this, they later said they don't have any strong reads. So then, why the strong push on me in the first place? I mean, they linked a lot of my posts and tried to use those as evidence for why I am Scum, but guess what? No one really bought those reasons. I would be a wagon right now if that post was legit.

TL;DR they are faking their reads.
^very very good point.
Rautherdir has some serious explaining to do.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:27 pm

In post 611, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 610, Superhans wrote:@LicketyQuickety
This is D1, anyone could be scum, however, much you
want to suck them off
idolise them.
In post 508, LicketyQuickety wrote:I have a Town read on Nacho, for really no reason at all.

Also,

@NachoMomma8,

I'd like you to critique my game after this game is over. It would be amazing to here what I have done horribly wrong in this game.
You are playing scared by Scum reading Nacho, BRO.

How about you learn to read between the lines a bit? I know its hard, but you can't do it if you don't try.

I am now Town reading you because I don't think you
are smart enough
don't have enough experience to play this way as Scum.
EBWOP

Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

There were two reasons I voted LQ. One was post 6. The other was his failure to produce a reason for his vote on me.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:34 pm

In post 637, Rautherdir wrote:There were two reasons I voted LQ.
One was post 6
. The other was his failure to produce a reason for his vote on me.
You might be the only one saying that.

Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Superhans »

In post 637, Rautherdir wrote:There were two reasons I voted LQ. One was post 6. The other was his failure to produce a reason for his vote on me.
He just did produce a sick reason for voting for you, as have I in post .

Post 6 was a very very very weak reason indeed. Why include 14 points if all bar one is valid?
Also which scenario out of the 4 here:
In post 265, Superhans wrote:There are four different situations with the upcoming Rautherdir vs LicketyQuickety fight.

1) R is scum, trying to appear town-ish by using potentially broken logic to trick the town into lynching LQ.
2) R is town and LQ is scum and the logic he is working with is valid.
3) R is town and LQ is town (most likely), the argument will hopefully yield good content though.
4) Both R and LQ are mafia trying a really cliche technique of pretending to fight each other to gain town trust.

I personally think number 3 is most likely, and number 4 least likely, but wouldn't be surpised if 1/2 is the case.

We'll have to wait for Rautherdir to return before properly making an evaluations.
Do you think is the case and why?
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by Superhans »

Also can you try and put a little more passion into your responses. If you were a food you would be tofu, or slimy cold unseasoned noodles that have been overcooked.

Where's the ENERGY man!
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 637, Rautherdir wrote:There were two reasons I voted LQ. One was post 6. The other was his failure to produce a reason for his vote on me.
Thanks for clarifying your reasoning was garbage. Honestly I'm starting to think you're trying to start a wagon because LQ's mysteriousness is unpopular, and not because he's scummy.
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 604, Superhans wrote: @ConnorJC, If you could kill
THREE
people right now (woo hoo) who would they be?
There's only two scum. Anyways, it would be Rautherdir first, then TheDom. Third would likely be based on whether I hit 0, 1, or 2 mafia with those kills, unless I had to submit them all at once, in which case my third would probably be LoveSick.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by Superhans »

In post 642, ConnorJC wrote:
THREE
There's only two scum. Anyways, it would be Rautherdir first, then TheDom. Third would likely be based on whether I hit 0, 1, or 2 mafia with those kills, unless I had to submit them all at once, in which case my third would probably be LoveSick.
Are your scum-reads on Lovesick based on her defending TheDominator (as you accused her of in ) or do you have additional/ more gut based reads?
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 643, Superhans wrote:
In post 642, ConnorJC wrote:
THREE
Are your scum-reads on Lovesick based on her defending TheDominator (as you accused her of in ) or do you have additional/ more gut based reads?
More gut based if anything; however, another major component would be that during the beginning something like 70%-80% of her posts were self-defense. I had to ask 2-3 times just to get some lackluster reads.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 639, Superhans wrote:

Post 6 was a very very very weak reason indeed. Why include 14 points if all bar one is valid?
In post 265, Superhans wrote:There are four different situations with the upcoming Rautherdir vs LicketyQuickety fight.

1) R is scum, trying to appear town-ish by using potentially broken logic to trick the town into lynching LQ.
3) R is town and LQ is town (most likely), the argument will hopefully yield good content though.
4) Both R and LQ are mafia trying a really cliche technique of pretending to fight each other to gain town trust.

I personally think number 3 is most likely, and number 4 least likely, but wouldn't be surpised if 1/2 is the case.

We'll have to wait for Rautherdir to return before properly making an evaluations.

Okay, to be perfectly honest? My vote was to get him to give me a reason for voting me in the first place. After I saw that was going nowhere I put my vote on TheDom who I am almost certain at this point is scum. Out of those, probably 3. I'm coming to the conclusion that post 6 was just an RVS thing.
ConnorJC
ConnorJC
Goon
ConnorJC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by ConnorJC »

In post 645, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 639, Superhans wrote:

Okay, to be perfectly honest? My vote was to get him to give me a reason for voting me in the first place. After I saw that was going nowhere I put my vote on TheDom who I am almost certain at this point is scum. Out of those, probably 3. I'm coming to the conclusion that post 6 was just an RVS thing.
So your vote on LQ was self defense?
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:53 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

That, and I didn't like his lack of reasoning and found it pretty scummy.
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by Superhans »

Is it scummy to fabricate terrible scum reads?
Superhans
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Superhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by Superhans »

@Rautherdir
If you think TheDom is one of the scum who is the other scum?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”