Mini 1310: I Got My Eye On You Mafia (Game Over!)

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:06 am

Post by Korlash »

V-something wrote:Wait, so are you saying I thought I was actually hammering?

No, absolutely not. I simply don't feel the reasons you gave are genuine.

V-Something wrote:I saw the fakehammer in the other game, (which due to rollback has dissolved, and you'll be interested to know that the guy we all had as conftown was actually scum X.X) and decided to use it in this one but for a different reason. I don't know how I wasn't clear about my reasoning to you tbh.

Ok, now pretend I wasn't here for this fake hammer. *Straight face* Explain to me exactly what you expected from it. Also, expain to me exactly how it worked in this other game of yours. Player A fake hammered Player B... Who was confirmed town now? Why? Why did you assume the same strategy could be used to provide different results in this game?
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:37 am

Post by IceGuy »

Korlash, you're playing to your title here.
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:55 am

Post by Glass »

korlash wrote:Korlash, you're playing to your title here.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:46 pm

Post by Korlash »

Well that makes one out of the three of us actually playing I guess...

Let me ask you then Iceman, do you disagree that the attacks on you coincided rather nicely with the decrease of pressure on V2V? Do you think the attacks on you were both valid and justified? Do you have any reason to feel those that attacked you are possible scum? I'm too lazy to crack the pages back open and look for myself what your reaction was so I'll just ask.

And you guys want to know something sad? I play this way in all my games yet people still keep letting me replace into games... I know right, what is this site coming to letting random Korlashes run loose... *shakes head* If I had a nickle for every day of mine ruined by some stupid post of Korlash's...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:53 pm

Post by IceGuy »

In post 78, Korlash wrote:
Let me ask you then Iceman, do you disagree that the attacks on you coincided rather nicely with the decrease of pressure on V2V? Do you think the attacks on you were both valid and justified? Do you have any reason to feel those that attacked you are possible scum? I'm too lazy to crack the pages back open and look for myself what your reaction was so I'll just ask.

I have no recollection what happened there, and I can't access the file on Mediafire.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Post by vijay2vasandani »

@ Korlash: let's not do the sympathy thing. Explain to me the scum intent you see from supposedly not explaining my reasons for the fake hammer.

@ IceGuy and Glass: which part of his logic is crap?

The fake hammer in the other game worked like this. A small 7p game modded by myko. Quilford placed two votes in his first post, somebody(Twistedspoon) placed another vote on Johhog. I placed the L-1 vote as pressure, and Haze accidentally hammers by voting Johhog and FoSing Zane instead of the wrong way around. All in the second page in like 9 RL hours. Our logic was that Johhog would have gone apeshit at being hammered randomly if he was scum. So he was conftown to us. It turns out Quil was not a doublevotee, he was just being funny in RVS so Johhog wasn't actually hammered.
coming back after a 3 year break.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Post by Korlash »

Icedude wrote:I have no recollection what happened there, and I can't access the file on Mediafire.

'Man Korlash, you're argument is teh lame... but I have no rebuttal for it!' (Then I imagine you giving me some sort of gang sign and walking away...) *tear* (But =D for realsies) ((But *tear*(=D*)))

Guess I'll look it up then... Sigh... have to actually work and do stuff... What is this, Russia? *tear(=D*)*

P.S. It's 'Your argument' by the way... lolz... I amuse myself... (Totally &#$^ed that one up and just ran with it)

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 79, IceGuy wrote:
In post 78, Korlash wrote:

I have no recollection what happened there, and I can't access the file on Mediafire.

And yet you dare insult Korlash. I expected that demeaning and discrediting shit from Scum Glass, but it's really annoying coming from you. All the do-nothing one-liner lurkers can't all be scum, and yet you think you have the right to boo-hoo someone who is actually applying their brain to this thread. While this is magnanimous in itself, it's on the level of a godsend if you consider that Korlash is doing A+ work. He's 100% on with Kondi and as to his reasoning on V2V wagon I was having similiar thoughts except I was getting the feeling that Rylai's wagon was the V2V replacement. (Of course I now I don't think Vijay is scum anymore based on his response to me in the archived pages [pretty sure Malthusis asked me about how I changed my read on Vijay and this post applies])

I thought I might as well cheer this good fellow up, it was a little heartbreaking to see the self-dejection even if made in jest.

More concerning Glass/Rylai Monday.

I'd really want BBM, rylai, Delta, Lucky, Ice, and Kondi to post something, like a few scum reads.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Post by Korlash »

V-Chip? wrote:@ Korlash: let's not do the sympathy thing. Explain to me the scum intent you see from supposedly not explaining my reasons for the fake hammer.

... sympathy thing? I'm slow, you need to communicate on a lower level with me... Otherwise I are getting the confusedness....

The scum intent is that you did it for reason A, which is probably something scummy, so when you explain it you lie and tell us it was for Reason B in order to not give away the scummy reason. I'm not saying you 'didn't explain your reasons' I'm saying you explained it in such a way that I feel the reasons given are fake. i.e. no town would give (or need to give) fake reasons in that situation, thus you are scum.

Also, don't fall into this trap because I won't and we'll just waste a lot of time. You're reasons given for the fake hammer barely qualified as a reason I think you are scum, so let's not spend all day discussing just that alright. Talk to me about the more important attack timings at and around the time you were near death. That's the meat and potatoes of my argument here mate.

V-Eight? wrote:@ IceGuy and Glass: which part of his logic is crap?

Or, which part of my crap is illogical? huh? right...

V-Spot? O.o wrote:The fake hammer in the other game worked like this. A small 7p game modded by myko. Quilford placed two votes in his first post, somebody(Twistedspoon) placed another vote on Johhog. I placed the L-1 vote as pressure, and Haze accidentally hammers by voting Johhog and FoSing Zane instead of the wrong way around. All in the second page in like 9 RL hours. Our logic was that Johhog would have gone apeshit at being hammered randomly if he was scum. So he was conftown to us. It turns out Quil was not a doublevotee, he was just being funny in RVS so Johhog wasn't actually hammered.

... Ok, how did you expect it to work in this game? what parameters where you hoping to see from reactions?

On a side note, you do realize that no sane person 'goes apeshit' over a RVS wagon that includes a 'double voter' until some sort of mod confirmation right? That was a completely illogical rush to confirm him as town... I wish I could play a game with you as scum... I could have so much fun... *sigh*(But really =D) (Ok this joke is old now...)

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Post by Korlash »

ActionDan, News at 7! wrote:And yet you dare insult Korlash. I expected that demeaning and discrediting shit from Scum Glass, but it's really annoying coming from you. All the do-nothing one-liner lurkers can't all be scum, and yet you think you have the right to boo-hoo someone who is actually applying their brain to this thread. While this is magnanimous in itself, it's on the level of a godsend if you consider that Korlash is doing A+ work. He's 100% on with Kondi and as to his reasoning on V2V wagon I was having similiar thoughts except I was getting the feeling that Rylai's wagon was the V2V replacement. (Of course I now I don't think Vijay is scum anymore based on his response to me in the archived pages [pretty sure Malthusis asked me about how I changed my read on Vijay and this post applies])

I thought I might as well cheer this good fellow up, it was a little heartbreaking to see the self-dejection even if made in jest.

=D this made me giggle the whole time I was reading it.... The mafia community, bestest most awesome people on the internet. (well second... The Starcraft community beats us by a few points)

On a side note though, I really don't feel insulted by it. If I did, I would have had them change the title a looooooooong time ago.

IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by IceGuy »

The fact ActionDan immediately attacks me with extreme fervor when I attacked Korlash is ... interesting.
Lopsy
Lopsy
Goon
Lopsy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:36 pm

Post by Lopsy »

In post 50, vijay2vasandani wrote:Also, why did you leave Glass out? He also agrees with the idea.

Because I didn't notice that Glass agreed with the idea. Thanks for telling me. But the motivation makes sense, so I'm not suspicious of anyone for agreeing anymore.

But I still think everyone targeting the same person is a bad idea.

Why do you say that, silly Lopsy? Isn't it good to check for sanity?

Well, people will have to massclaim D2 for the sanity check to be effective. Is massclaim really a good idea so early? Maybe the answer is yes, but I doubt it when we're talking about cop-themed roles that the mafia really wants to learn about.

Also, if everyone does target the same player, then we'll have to resolve to vote that player off if the investigation results disagree. We'd be deciding a D2 lynch with D1 information. That also doesn't strike me as a good idea.

---

In post 85, IceGuy wrote:The fact ActionDan immediately attacks me with extreme fervor when I attacked Korlash is ... interesting.

I initially misread Action's post as one big argument to emotion. But:
when ActionDan wrote:I thought I might as well cheer this good fellow up, it was a little heartbreaking to see the self-dejection even if made in jest.
It's clear that the fervorish, emotional side is per cheering Korlash up rather than supporting ActionDan's point. And his point - that IceGuy didn't remember what happened, so he can't discredit Korlash's argument - is valid.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by IceGuy »

I remember the v2v fakehammer (in enough detail I can reach conclusions about it), but not the attacks on me.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:38 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Luckyjt and Rylai Crestfall have been prodded.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Post by Korlash »

Icicle wrote:The fact ActionDan immediately attacks me with extreme fervor when I attacked Korlash is ... interesting.

Ha ha ha... well people do love me, hard to imagine I know.

Icey touch wrote:I remember the v2v fakehammer (in enough detail I can reach conclusions about it), but not the attacks on me.

Funny... I mean, no disrespect, but normally attacks against one's self tend to be the easiest to at least remember the overall feel of it. Still... The site was down quite a bit so no worries there. Sadly I just got called into work for an emergency so I can't look anything up right now... *yawn* maybe later...

iStark
iStark
Goon
iStark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:27 pm

Post by iStark »

*Posting to avoid another prod.*

Btw welcome to game Korlosh.

First thing first.

Why do you think glass and Kondi are scum?
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:08 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

BBmolla has been prodded

IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:45 am

Post by IceGuy »

In post 89, Korlash wrote:
Funny... I mean, no disrespect, but normally attacks against one's self tend to be the easiest to at least remember the overall feel of it.

Yeah, I remember they were bullshit as usual.
vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
vijay2vasandani
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:27 am

Post by vijay2vasandani »

@ Korlash: just saying, I noticed the variations on my name. Just wanted you to know somebody appreciates them XD

Anyway, I was asking what would reason A be in that hypothetical situation you outlined? Also, you're asking me to explain those attacks which are the meat and potatoes of your argument? If I remember correctly I was playing very shoddily in this game because I had my mind on a lot of things. Idt I was the one engineering any of the cases. How am I supposed to say anything about them?

And I'll be honest, I sheeped that conftown reasoning. Like I said i was busy. Although now that I think about it, it was his scumbuddy who suggested it. THE BASTARD. I'm going to go yell at TS for a while. If I find him.
coming back after a 3 year break.
Luckyjt
Luckyjt
Goon
Luckyjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:22 am

Post by Luckyjt »

Ok Im liking what Krolash is posting so far since he is engaging players which is what we needed.

Kondi seems to only post when someone has suspicions on him and lays back when no one is posting anything about him.

And sorry for being gone, I had things to deal with. i should fully be back by tomorrow.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:35 am

Post by BBmolla »

Hey folks I'm here, will catch up today.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:47 am

Post by Korlash »

iStark 4G wrote:Why do you think glass and Kondi are scum?

Well Glass is just one of the two that stood out to me on V2V's wagon. I feel it's likely one of the partners bussed him while the other pushed a wagon elsewhere and actually just picked the two names I recognized from my read through. (i.e. they stood out in some way or form.)

Kondi is scum because he pushed both of the 'attacks' I credit towards lessening the pressure on V2V...

V (The Letter) wrote:@ Korlash: just saying, I noticed the variations on my name. Just wanted you to know somebody appreciates them XD

Yeah, they make me smile. I usually spend the first half of any game trying to find cool nicknames for people because I'm too lazy to write the full name out and I tend to remember things clearer when i can associated them to names in my head. So coming up with a name gives me a personal connection to the person so I tend to remember more details.

V (The Series) wrote:Anyway, I was asking what would reason A be in that hypothetical situation you outlined? Also, you're asking me to explain those attacks which are the meat and potatoes of your argument? If I remember correctly I was playing very shoddily in this game because I had my mind on a lot of things. Idt I was the one engineering any of the cases. How am I supposed to say anything about them?

Now now, I'm not going to fall for that. I think you lied about your reason, I won't give you an out by letting you force a hypothetical argument about reasons I couldn't possibly know. *wags finger at you* tsk tsk tsk...

But because I'm stupid and can't back away from a good argument... Hmm, possible scum reasons for the hammer... To shake shit up instead of allowing it to progress through 'real' discussion on 'real' events. To protect whoever it was you hammered (I forget XD) due to 'possible' partnership. To earn your own 'town credit' as the kids are calling it these days through multiple possible means I won't bore you with. Just because you wanted to. (If you think about it... not a town reason) Should I go on? It's all pointless speculation.

Asking me "why" you may have done something is irrelevant to the fact that I think you lied about your reasons in the first place. The point is, i see ways I could have used a fake hammer for my own benefit as scum AND I feel your reasons lack credibility.

As far as saying things about the attack. I've laid down the statement that I feel those attacks were made in an effort to reduce pressure on your wagon. You would simply need to lay down your own observations and evidence that they weren't. How should you do this, I hear you not asking me.... Well... Sadly, that's for you to figure out. Do you have to do it? I guess not... but do you have enough faith that my 'case' won't take off enough to need a defense from you? Tricky situation you find yourself in...

V (The Number O.o) wrote:And I'll be honest, I sheeped that conftown reasoning. Like I said i was busy. Although now that I think about it, it was his scumbuddy who suggested it. THE BASTARD. I'm going to go yell at TS for a while. If I find him.

Tsk tsk tsk... I suppose good play to them then...

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:58 am

Post by BBmolla »

Spoiler: notes
Luckyjt is new.

Lopsy's wishy washy ness is bothersome.

Vijay's pushing on Lucky is bad. ATM, I'm leaning that Lucky is a VI as opposed to scum. He reminds me of myself.

Kondi's hop on is worse.

Lopsy's hop on is so lolbad it's not even funny. She yells at others for hopping on without reasoning and then hops on without reasoning. Are you kidding me.

Kondi - "My playstyle is to act scummy in a way that town could work, and wait for scum to attack for crap reasons themselves." The irony here.

Still leaning that Lucky is town and that one or more of the wagoners are scum(Vijay, Kondi, Lopsy). He's reading VI hardcore to me. Reminds me of SOAD from a newbie a while back.

Vijay continues to seem off in this game. Normally he seems pretty transparent and laidback, while he is full out attacking here.

malthusis's vote is bleh

I think Glass is town.

Delta is miller correct? Where the hell is Delta, iirc they were really awesome last game.

Why is everyone on the Kondi wagon lurking

Oh my god Vijay's fake hammer was terribad

Rylai looks pretty ew and sheepy. Maybe next post she'll say something that isn't copying what everyone else has said.

malthusis is seeing the same things I'm saying which is good

I think Delta is not who I was thinking of. Their lurking is annoying.

"@V2V Are you ConsM alt ? " I loled. They'd need walls of bullcrap for this to be true. Also I played a game with Vijay and ConsM together so I know that's not true.

ActionDan looks townish.

Don't understand why Lop sidestepped a scummy vijay vote to vote someone for being null.

Rofl at Deltawave suddenly appearing when voted.

"As for the logical side: Delta claimed miller in the first post of the game and wasn't cc'd. Therefore, he's town, end of story." Please tell me you don't seriously believe this. A miller claim makes him more than likely town, but does not confirm him. Herp.

Iceguy needs to explain Vijay-Town to me.

Kondi looks worse out of Iceguy vs. Kondi though.

DeltaWave is king of useless. It's like CES but... worse.

Lopsy's ActionDan vote is wtfbad

Woah, dat turnaround on DW.

Rylai is pinging my scumdar for wisy washy reaction to the miller claim.

ActionDan's case on Vijay is good.

iStark hasn't done anything notable, that's bad.

ActionDan voting Glass is lame. What happened to your Vijay vote?

I like Korlash.

VOTE: Vijay
Why the hell does his wagons keep dying? This is not his townplay. At all. He's scum. Especially that early push bullshit, that was just awful. Like ConsM status bad.

I also don't understand the scumreads on ActionDan.

DW is useless, but more than likely town because of their claim.

IceGuy is leaning town, but not by a lot. Wish I could ISO the recovery.

iStark I don't really have anything on, I need to reread and figure out why he didn't make an impression on me.

Kondi is scummy. But he tends to be. Except in New Age.

Lopsy is wishy washy as hell. Would be fine voting her.

Lucky is probably town.

Malth is probably town.

Rylai is scummy, but not as scummy as others(like Vijay)

Korlash looks good, don't remember Otto much.

Glass is probably town.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:36 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

DeltaWave has been prodded.

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:04 am

Post by DeltaWave »

BAH sorry about needing another prod. I really will catch up this time.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”