Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #139 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:54 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Ya'll honkies need to jump off for real.
Gonna go ahead an let you all know I'm hated. I think that's something people should claim earlier than later.
Thor loves running up early wagons, by the by. I used to be pissed at this thing, but now I think it's cute.

My wagon's as good a place as any to start, though. I'm town.

How's it going, folks?
Hope you like Jay Z.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #143 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:18 pm

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Otolia

It's okay to roll scum, but rolling scum AND having poor taste is not a good combination.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #148 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:43 am

Post by Varsoon »

<3
It's always nice when your aim is true.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #210 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:50 am

Post by Varsoon »

D:
All this hate
And I'm just here to love you guys.
I lose hated modifier in LYLO situations.

Anyforways, I'm not really engaging much today, just letting things breathe and roll around. I've got some stuff to take care of in meat world, but I'll be around later on to figure out who scum is.
You crazy boys should get to doing that, too.

P-EDIT:
I think I've got a reputation of being a total crap guy who is nuts, batman-villain levels of methodological and insane, etc.
I don't see it! But it does make me everything from mislynch fodder to high-performing.
To answer those Q's with some A's
1. What is your bestest scum hunting strategy and why?

Oh jeeze. I usually just kinda uh figure it out. I've walled up hard on people before and that's had variable effects. Slayers gambit sometimes. I think my most recurring approach is to make an ass of myself and doomsay all of town while they give me rope. I guess I -actually- measure votes, pressure, post-counts, trajectory, and a few other things but that's only if I really want to put in work. I like wingin' it instead. Gut's right everytime until it is wrong, right?
2. What is your "town song" like the song you listen to as town and are ready for battle against unseen enemies?

3. What is your "Scum song" when you're like twirling your evil mustache or clickety clacking your badly painted Red nails?

4. What should newish players know about this setup and what advice would you give them?

This is a big game! That said, don't believe what anyone claims, and keep a keen eye on people's play! That's what will damn them most. It's easy for scum to lurk out in bigger setups, so be critical!
5. Strawberry, blueberry or cherry?

Blueberry, probably.

Ugh, all these people justifying votes on me solely because of my claim are gross.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #212 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:54 am

Post by Varsoon »

People joining my wagon post-claim despite some not removing their votes since the early RVS/Thor-infused run-up really bother me.
Ugh.

It's okay to not believe my claim. I think claims are dumb and give people way too much capacity to manipulate the game in unfair ways.
That said, I felt like if I didn't let people know I was hated, town would derp out and hammer me thinking they were just running me to L-1.
Like, that info -only- helps town.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #216 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:58 am

Post by Varsoon »

But yeah, Gork, I think people should consider play first and foremost, which is why votes like Marquis and Antihero's are not sitting well with me.
They are both votes that can be masked in arguments of setup speculation and role-reaction, rather than engagement with my rhetoric, votes, analysis, posts, etc.
It's a really nice place for scum to lay votes and get away with it and a really stupid place for town to build their arguments from,
and so yeah
VOTE: Antihero
I don't like how hardcore he pushed for that, because it feels like it's just trying to keep momentum on a wagon that people started to realize was stupid/a mislynch.

P-EDIT:
@Marquis: Then doubt me, but don't give me rope over my claim. If you're going to lynch me, do it over something worth a damn.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #219 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:00 am

Post by Varsoon »

Is hated a non-normal role?
Like, always?
D:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #225 (isolation #7) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:12 am

Post by Varsoon »

Silverwolf's interaction on my wagon is really awkward, especially since the hop-off seems to be in weird offense to Thor, as if my wagon is someone Thor lead alone, but then when Thor gives Silvercanine a hard time over it, he recommits to the vote.
@Silverwolf: Why did you re-vote me?

Furthermore, the marquis and Anti jump to silver is pinging to me, if only because they immediately go to my wagon afterwards and post-claim.

All this an not everyone has even confirmed yet.
Slow your roll.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #229 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:17 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 125, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 124, Seohyun wrote:why aren't people quicklynching marquis? ferserious

VOTE: marquis

What makes you think he should be voted over Varsoon or Silverwolf?

Sakura, why were you insisting up a Silverwolf/Varsoon dichotomy/binary, especially when Silver only had 2 (if I can count) votes at the time?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #237 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

I actually like copper this game so far.
Guys, don't talk crap about flashwagons or Thor will give us a lecture.
Let's focus on what's going on rather than theory-talk anyway.

Wish we had a VC.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #243 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:31 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Sakura: So... where are you now on that since the whole Silver wagon AND silver re-voted me?

@Pisskop: Flash-wagon theory-talk aside, what did you get out of it? Who are you reading differently now and for what reasons?

@Fuzzy: Where's SH defending Silverwolf?

@Gork: Enough that I can focus my efforts elsewhere. If there's only one team of scum, we've got at least 4 of 'em to pick out of.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #335 (isolation #11) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:06 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, okay, fine,
I'm not hated.

I lied about it.

I panicked when I was being run up for lynch and wanted to do something that would maybe ensure that I'd get to live at least until close-to-lylo, so it was the first negative utility thing I thought of.
Ya caught me.
I'm not scum, though. I'm just a fucking idiot.

Now that
that
embarrassment is out of the way, I want you guys to be really real with me;
you gonna lynch my ass now that I've come clean?
you gonna vote for me now that I've straight up told you the truth?
we gonna have another goddamn repeat of HipHop Mafia or Advance Wars, here?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #339 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

I am.
Look at those other games where I fucked up.
In both, I come clean as soon as pressure comes onto me.
In both, I get mislynched because town doesn't believe me and scum is thirsty.

Right now voting me is the scummiest thing possible.

@Anti:
Twist the knife more. Your push on me feels scummy.
UNVOTE: to appease you.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #342 (isolation #13) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:13 am

Post by Varsoon »

...no?
I'm town. So what?
Town can't lie to town?
Jesus.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #343 (isolation #14) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:14 am

Post by Varsoon »

You know what the easiest thing to do is? Just fucking cop me instead of wasting a lynch on me.
Dohoho inb4 "baiting the cop must be godfather"

Don't be thick. I wouldn't admit to lying as scum.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #345 (isolation #15) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:16 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 341, Gorkington wrote:fact is that you could be using that metatell as scum to try and get sympathy.

And then a cop-investigate destroys me.

Look, if you guys want to lynch me before LYLO, if I'm that much of a liability, fuck it, fine. Sure.
But I'm town.
Lynching me now is stupid.
Lynching me now is LITERALLY a fucking get-out-of-day-one free card for scum.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #350 (isolation #16) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:21 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 344, Gorkington wrote:ugh.
trying to wrap head around possible townVarsoon thought process here.

you hate claims right? why would you fake a claim when you hate the use of them so much and why wouldnt you try and dismantle momentum on your wagon through play before resorting to something so ridiculous?

Because the site-meta is built around giving claims this big huge preference over literally everything else.
You're right, I probably should have tried dismantling the momentum otherwise, but I've tried that in other games and people just insist I'm flailing and shit. I don't handle my own wagons well. :/

@Thor:
I'll provide links in a hot second.
I didn't like Anti's push on me independent of the claim stuff.
Forcing a claim from me is dumb at this point--no one will believe it anyway and it just informs scum. No.
Thinking I look scummy is literally the easiest play to make right now. Challenge yourself.
I think that Sakura and Silverdog are really awkward, and that there is almost absolutely scum in the people who were on my wagon. I don't think Marquis is scum. I'm feeling gut against Anti but logic says he's in the right.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #358 (isolation #17) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:28 am

Post by Varsoon »

META NONSENSE THAT YOU'LL CONVENIENTLY DISREGARD BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT BAD TOWN DOES AND GOOD SCUM GETS AWAY WITH:

Hip Hop Mafia, where I was a town-sided JOAT. I came into the game with a quick-hammer, fake-claimed a Dayvig, then got run up for it all. I actually constantly confuse Thor and RECKONER because maybe they have similar avatars or maybe they both have a real aggressive no-nonsense playstyle. RECKONER is a lot more cruel in his rhetoric, though.
Advance Wars Upick, where I was a town-sided PR and I messed up on d1 and full-claimed in my neighborhood and they all thought I was scum-slipping and thinking my neighborhood was a scumhood. Turns out that a lot of the people in my neighborhood were actual scum members and they pushed through my mislynch instead of forgiving the honest mistake.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #361 (isolation #18) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:31 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm such a shit as town in bigger games.
I'll answer whatever you guys ask and, if it appeases you, I'll even stay away from wagons and such.
I realize that I've pretty much compromised my slot, but I want to play it through and I think it's nonsense to just lynch me right now.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #370 (isolation #19) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:38 am

Post by Varsoon »

Typically, I'm given a fake-claim as scum from the mod, but I don't think I've really ever had to use those.
In Touhou Mafia, in Calvin & Hobbes, and in Xenogears, I used my actual claim for leverage in places, but I don't recall fake-claiming in any closed-setup games as scum, especially not under pressure.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #380 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:50 am

Post by Varsoon »

As far as things go right now, Anti moving from my wagon to voting pisskop gives me way more confidence in townreading Antihero.
At this point, I'm pretty sure Anti and Marquis are town.
I'm unsure of Thor, as this is all stuff that town Thor has done before and can justify doing as scum. So I'll keep an eye there but the slot is still leaning town with how he's handling things.
I don't like the copper/gork back and forth, especially when Gork starts showboating and asking if Thor is seeing the exchange. Yes, Thor can read. I think Gork is trying to get Thor's fury on his side? Makes me feel like Gork's scum.
Otolia still is hitting a nerve with me. It's more in the rhetoric than the play, but both feel scummy. Eeuch. Probably gonna go back to my vote there.
Sakura really bothers me for reasons mentioned in an earlier post.
I'm interested to see how a lot of the other players handle things. My idea of a lot of the playerbase is still nebulous but some of it is very polarized.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #383 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

For people curious about Thor and the whole turbo-run-up-on lynch thing,Ninja Mafia is a game where that happened and afterwards we discussed it in pretty thorough detail.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #384 (isolation #22) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

Thor was scum that game, but he made a pretty thorough argument for why he thinks speedily making people claim D1 with high-pressure turbo-wagons is good town play.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #387 (isolation #23) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:10 am

Post by Varsoon »

Well yeah, I do agree that it's an effective strategy for producing worthwhile content.
It's just also easy to smoke-and-mirrors it as scum.
So I've just got to be careful is all.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #412 (isolation #24) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:10 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Copper be like:

The actual copper v gork argument's content is so awkward. I don't see what the big deal is.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #473 (isolation #25) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm actually more worried about scum slipping under the radar due to all this town-oriented noise at least directed around me but also, I feel, in other places.
I'm feeling Anti on a lot of these pisskop points--the rhetoric is scummy, he's active-mocking rather than meeting the points head on, it's weird, it reeks, etc.
That said, I'm still fine with justifications in 470.

Also, I'm a mod confirmed
liar
, get it right.
Jeeze.

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #480 (isolation #26) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Shit House, just go ahead and tell them all our plans, why don't ya?

On the real, that's a real bald and naked vote there, Flames of Disaster.
Care to, uh, do anything other the put a contextless vote on the easiest wagon to sheep since the last Varsoon game anyone played?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #481 (isolation #27) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:20 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Like some elaboration?
Some reads?
Some -anything-?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #497 (isolation #28) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It bugs me how much House AND Flames clearly haven't read that I lied about my claim and are acting like it's still in play.

Especially with Flames voting me. =.=
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #501 (isolation #29) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:22 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, I should feel bad.
But I won't.
I'll stand by my play. Whatever.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #504 (isolation #30) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I love that you're appropriating my rhetoric. :3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #546 (isolation #31) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:28 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 523, Flubbernugget wrote:Varsoon wagon makes it easy for scum to hide. Kinda like what otalia's doing

You~<3 On one hand, it's nice when there's people that see eye-to-eye. On the other, those folks have less sway.
Are you ready to know what bothers me? What
really
chuffs me is that everyone is all "What's the scum motivation to that claim? Why would Varsoon scum do that?"
Already there's so many people so confbiased it hurts. No one's openly asking why Town!Varsoon would do it. They'd rather deride me (Otolia) or just flat-out scum read it instead of mulling it over.
Dead-thread will be frustrating. Basically, a scumread on me marks a failure to engage with the game properly. It allows players to cross their arms on a read no one but me is going to call them out for in a game where there's 20 other players.

Sakura!

Sakura, the way that you're so insistent on me doing nothing and crafting this narrative where I somehow haven't done anything is really bothersome and scummy.
You've pretty much ignored my interactions and reads to make that assessment, and you're not even actually engaging with me or my wagon, just spouting off that I'm scummy/useless without any real analysis as to
why
outside of literal lies. It feels transparently scummy to me. You're my next pick after Otolia, who attacks players like House for not engaging when House is far more invested than Flames of Disaster, who entered at the same time and has only contributed a bald vote on me and some trashtalk (<3 you too Flames).

Spoiler:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #564 (isolation #32) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:57 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 556, Otolia wrote:@Varsoon : You really are a Village Idiot. I sincerely hope don't flip scum so that I can blacklist you as the terrible player you are.

You're just archaic. It's okay if you're too shortsighted to grasp at bigger motions or to understand the brilliance that's here.
But yeah, I'm dumb and I'm rash and I'm terrible, teehee.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #609 (isolation #33) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:43 am

Post by Varsoon »

The resistance to the growth of these other wagons while mine still flourishes only further reinforces my scumread on 'em.
I take it less as character assassination and more as shortsightedness. Every play has an effect. Every post is made with purpose, intent, and, ultimately, effect.
I choose to enter a realm of belief where I hold that my fellow players are worthwhile enough to comprehend diverse contexts and events, such that they can discern truth.
So when someone tries to pervert the truth, to lie and twist things, to misrepresent the events or the effects, well, there's only really two options left for me;
Assume my fellow players (who I know have experience in these fields) are too shortsighted, dense, or outright stupid to grasp the truth or
They're scum.

I believe in the capacity of my fellows, though.
I believe that, as scum, they'd be capable of perverting the truth such that others could believe them.
And that's why Otolia is scum.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #613 (isolation #34) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:02 am

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, no, I'm calling them scum and easily manipulated.
There's some justified votes, but I've been over that.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #615 (isolation #35) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:14 am

Post by Varsoon »

I can't fulfill that request;
I simply am obvious town,
no posturing required.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #655 (isolation #36) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 643, OkaPoka wrote:Fuck it.
Varsoon are you a VT?

In post 642, OkaPoka wrote:After taking a shower, I was thinking if Varsoon's hated claim made sense.

There are two possibilities:
Varsoon is maf or a pr.

The end

Your image is that of a bird
Please stop fishing so hard.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #771 (isolation #37) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:00 am

Post by Varsoon »

I have a ton of classes to do this week, like triple the amount of my normal work. If my activity drops low, that's why.

@Thor: I already answered your question. Thanks for proving you'd rather misrep and build my wagon than actually read.
To reiterate, I voted Anti for the -way- he pushed in on me. Marquis also pointed out that I was lying, but Anti had such awkward movement on Silverdog and then back to me while bringing a whole lot of LYING MUST EQUAL SCUM and being very loud and obstinate about it. It was the rhetoric of the push rather than the fact he was right to call me out.

In post 738, copper223 wrote:@Varsoon
Who was talking with CoA when you tried to vig. shoot them, you or Metal?

Me. I was the one getting really into throwing down with sthar, iirc.

I'm still cool with Otolia.
I still thing my wagon is dumb.
I sure can't wait to be lynched and every town throws their hands up and instead of learning from it they all just go "WELL VARSOON WAS DUMB ONE NOT ME HUURRRR" and they lose the game because they're too bad to filter right. Like, it's okay if I suck or if I'm bad, but you all shouldn't be bad because of it. :P
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #797 (isolation #38) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Varsoon »

Nah man, I'm not bending to your will, Thor.
I'm saying that a lynch on me is -easy- and takes no -effort- and that worthwhile town are capable of discerning that I'm not scum and scum get a free pass in being all "but you lied, you suck, lynch you, we so good, its ur fault varsoon, we good, we play good, u just bad. Not our fault!"

I've done plenty of scum-hunting and I've been active. Saying otherwise is a lie. :/
Sorry if you can't perceive it as such, man.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #812 (isolation #39) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:44 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 800, notscience wrote:Hey varsoon

I have two options for you

Sheep me

or die

Right on and stuff but like
Sakura and FoD are great wagons
and I'm a bad player.

What've you even got on FoD other than, y'know, the stuff I'm really trying to OMGUS him for?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #816 (isolation #40) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:56 am

Post by Varsoon »

Sakura, I ain't here to win your respect
I'M HERE TO WIN GAMES, YAAAAAA

In post 813, Gorkington wrote:I think I should be offended.
Maybe.
Hm.
I'll let you guys know if I figure it out.

Also, Varsoon don't you frikkin ignore me/ignore Thor asking you to pull up specifics of where you found Anti's switch on you to seem most like posturing.

I dunno, I couldn't care less, I hate being people's lap dog in games where they're all
"SHOW ME DA POST WHERE DAT HAPPENED"
I'm like, "Come on, dude, we're reading the same game. You can see it just as hard as me."

I'll be right back with a post from Anti that you guys will inevitably bitch at me for and disagree with because you're predictable. :3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #821 (isolation #41) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:04 am

Post by Varsoon »

Under spoilers, but this is the progression I'm talking about:
Warping from me to Silver (when I'm still pretty pertinent) without much being -said- there,
then he pokes around with the whole 'is hated normal' and being iffy about it before ABSOLUTELY losing his shit and using all-caps and
HUEG WORDS IN BOLD

Then he unvotes and votes pisskop for awhile
Then kinda meh-votes back to me like, "Oh, yeah, whatever, Varsoon, eh."

Like, in 285 he breaks down all the different angles but is so awkward and confbiased and falseflagging that he leaves no leeway for 'What if town'
It read to me as the Silverwolf wagon going nowhere and him coming back to my wagon trying to breathe lots of life into it for all the wrong reasons.
Like, somehow, the fact that hated isn't a normal role just sloooowly dinged and that's irrefutable evidence of scumminess despite literally everything else.

It's the -rhetoric- that bugs me. The rhetoric.

Spoiler:
In post 33, Antihero wrote:VOTE: varsoon

In post 35, Antihero wrote:do you love me now, sakura?

In post 118, Antihero wrote:VOTE: silverwolf

In post 153, Antihero wrote:is hated normal?

In post 169, Antihero wrote:
In post 166, Gorkington wrote:could have same issue with a doublevoter.

doublevoter is whitelisted and has precedence

hated is NOT whitelisted and has NEVER been used in any normal setup before

i'm not hammering on this because LOLSETUPSPEC. i'm hammering on this b/c hated is a claim that buys you pretty cheap towncred but is impossible to verify and in this case i'm having doubts that it's even possible

i don't buy the claim

VOTE: varsoon

In post 285, Antihero wrote:
In post 216, Varsoon wrote:I think people should consider play first and foremost,

as if roleclaims aren't part of "play."

you're playing a gambit and i'm not letting you get away with it. there's definitely a scum motivation for claiming hated and it's pretty simple. you claim hated and everyone doesn't lynch you because they believe you. and... oh look you even have a lylo clause so no one can justify policy lynching you before lylo.

thing is, in this case, that doesn't stack up with what i know about normals or how the normal review process works or the philosophy behind normals.

here's a quote from the wiki
Mechanics which are explicitly Non-Normal include:

Those affecting a role's alignment (no Cults).
Anything which significantly affects the core mechanic of majority/plurality lynches (no Kingmaker, for example).

Anything resolving with a random element, with the exception of missed night choices. It must be included in the public ruleset if you are resolving night choices in this way.
Post Restrictions (other than those included in the ruleset, such as "No quoting your Role PM").
Lying to the players, including False Role Reveals and "Scum Masons".
Night action redirection (no Bus Driver, Lightning Rod, Nexus, or Redirector).
Returning "No Result" to Trackers who do not see their target go anywhere (in favor of "Your target did not visit anyone").
Alignments other than Mafia/Werewolf, Pro-Town, and Serial Killer (no Survivor, Lyncher, or Jester).
Hydra accounts.

i think it's fair to say that hated pretty significantly affects the core mechanic of majority lynches BECAUSE IT COMPLETELY REMOVES IT. plurality lynches are mostly used for speed games and bulge makes no allowances in the rule set for that so that's not really applicable here.

the spirit of having reviewers look over the set up for "normalcy" is that everyone is on the same page and everyone can go to the wiki and look up how a role is "normally" treated. with hated, there's a pretty big gray area in the lylo clause and there's not a well-defined, standard "way" you can go look up and see how it's treated. and hated's not the only role that's like this. look at the other ones:
Non-Sane Cop, Blank Vig, Non-Sane or Quack Doctor, Janitor, Survivor, Lyncher, Cultist, Jester, Mafia Mason, Bus Driver, Lightning Rod, Nexus, Redirector, Framer.

you see stuff like "redirector" and "bus driver" because it has weird role interactions and brings up questions like "are people TOLD they're bus driven/redirected?" and there's no standardized answer for that because it all varies based on how the mod needs to balance the games.

this kind of speculation could play a role in THEME games, but the NRG doesn't tolerate stuff like this.

the claim is fake and i don't believe it and i think you're scum.

In post 287, Antihero wrote:
In post 216, Varsoon wrote:@Marquis: Then doubt me, but don't give me rope over my claim. If you're going to lynch me, do it over something worth a damn.

well here, how's this?

you're shotgunning w/ the interactions w/ silverwolf. the wagon is sketchy but then silverwolf is awkward herself...? so who's scum, all of them?

In post 289, Antihero wrote:
In post 286, Gorkington wrote:doesnt doublevoter affect daystate in the same way?

DOUBLE VOTER IS CONFIRMED, PUBLIC, ALMOST NEVER HAS A LYLO CLAUSE, HAS BEEN USED BEFORE IN A NORMAL GAME AND IS
FUCKING WHITELISTED

HATED IS NONE OF THOSE THINGS

if you bring up this point again, i will scream

In post 301, Antihero wrote:oh wow look at how much that beefy, scum-driven varsoon wagon just started
FUCKING THRIVING

after the hated claim.

In post 338, Antihero wrote:mhm
mhm
mhm

so, you're still willing to vote me on the basis of your fake hated claim and the fact that i actually have reviewed and designed setups and know what the fuck i'm talking about.

explain that now.

In post 352, Antihero wrote:holy shit lol

UNVOTE:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #823 (isolation #42) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 819, Gorkington wrote:"I DONT WANT PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND MY THOUGHT PROCESS BUT I EXPECT THEM TO TOWNREAD ME ARBITRARILY FOR NO REASON"
-Varsoon 2012
*fireworks*
pewpewpewpewbam.

In post 820, Gorkington wrote:Are you not voting anyone right now?
Jeze.
Jezeeeeeee.

This game.

YEAH YOU'RE RIGHT
I do plenty to establish a basis, it's not my fault if people don't read it.
I hate the predictable game where people scumread for arbitrary reasons, ask for others to back up their positions, and even when they do, the scumreading people are too crossed-armed and confbiased to step off.

It's garbage.

I'm not voting or pushing anything hard for a reason, man. I don't want there to be a Varsoon-lead counterwagon. That shit would be dumb. :P
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #825 (isolation #43) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:09 am

Post by Varsoon »

Said it already but I'm forced to assume people are either scum or incompetent and that'd the most bothersome thing.

WHAT'S SAKURA THINKING, MARQUIS?

Also, I'm a shining golden god, it's not my fault if you plebs ain't on level.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #831 (isolation #44) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:15 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, I was trying to win that game. I've since realized the tactic employed there is against the rules (even if other people get away with it all the time *coughcough*) and a generally inconsiderate thing to do so uh no more of that. Sorry. Keep giving me a hard time over it though, that's an awesome way to treat someone who feels like an idiot about something they've messed up before.

Here's the really annoying thing that most people don't realize;
I'll do anything to win a game as either alignment.
Ya'll just remember the scumgames more because I pull of sillier things and get notoriety for it.

Look, I know there's a whoooole bunch of shit going around today.
But here's something I can actually prove:
I will be confirmed town tomorrow.
If I'm not, run me up for lynch.

P-EDIT:
Jeeze you guys I feel the love but give a dude a second.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #837 (isolation #45) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 829, Marquis wrote:like i feel you're just saying anything you think redirects attention like you're all over the map and it's because you're scum trying to get away from your horrible misplay

pedit @ varsoon

Or I'm actually engaging with various elements of a large game in a genuine matter?
Dude, whatever. I've been trying to field answers to questions and vent frustration and generally just make people realize that while my play might be questionable, I am town.
A mislynch on me gets us nowhere. I'd -really- like to avoid that. Y'know? You ever been town run up for a D1 mislynch that you know will suck? I dunno man. Level with me. Stop being so biased in looking at my actions and start considering more than just what could be the scum-motivated angles.

@Gork:
Dude, Otolia wagon 100%.
Then Sakura, but Sakura has a certain tell I'm waiting on.
Then I'm kinda just iffy on a lot of the people that used to be on my wagon and I really wish I knew a useful way for putting pressure on all the people with less than 10 posts.
There's at least two scum just in the woodwork that just want me to be loud and noisy and distract from their scumbutts.
I promise.

P-EDIT:
@Sakura: Yeah, that's part of what makes that dumb and makes me feel dumb. Y'know, outside of the whole forcing another player into a shitty situation and trying to take advantage of game-form to win the game instead of just winning the game normally.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #850 (isolation #46) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 847, Antihero wrote:
In post 845, elusive wrote:Attrition rate is up there in this game.

that's why i revoted varsoon. ._.

apparently now i'm scum for voting someone who has a pretty reasonable chance of flipping scum and following my townreads

You're either scum or gullible, but my chances of flipping scum are literally zero.
Try again.

In post 846, OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: varsoon

Sakura vote varsoon pls.

Like seriously he is scum.

He is stalling, and why would you trust a liar. He is blatantly backstabbing you and you don't even realize it.

Lie. Fallacious argument. Lie. Appeal to Emotion.
In short, fuck you too, Oka.

In post 848, OkaPoka wrote:that feeling when you finally found scum

What's the feeling like? Because you haven't caught scum.
You should be writing something like 'that feeling when you would rather sheep an easy wagon than play the game'.
You probably know that feeling.
Although I'm starting to wonder if you're just very low-level scum that's being as obnoxious and clearly scummy as possible.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #851 (isolation #47) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Nevermind your lies that I can confirm to myself,
but you've got clear scummy appeals left and right and your rolefishing is laughable, Oka.

I had Kenshiro pointing at Sakura earlier but I think you're the one who shall be on the receiving end of my Northern Star.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #852 (isolation #48) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by Varsoon »

@NotSci: FoD's worthless, but it's also a low-yield wagon. I'd let it breathe and get some interaction in play before giving it rope.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1058 (isolation #49) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:09 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 853, notscience wrote:How is ascum lynch a low yeild wagon

Imagine all the information we could get based on peoples reactions to the wagon

Like "low info" is a terrible reason to not start a wagon

I don't know if he's scum or not and, really, the amount of excitement over his wagon sort of bothers me.
I'd be willing to vote it, but I'll let it breathe for awhile.

Given Sakura and Otolia's reactions, I'm willing to bet dimes to donuts that there's a scum-sided blocker of some sort, so the chances that I do get confirmed town are slim but, screw it, bring it on.
I love that Otolia's all "Well I'm not SO BAD that I could level with a townie who's shit, so I can only see scum motivation in those posts!"
That's, like, the literal definition of rigidity.

I'm still adamant that we lynch one of those two. I like NotSci for town, and Otolia's hesitance to hop on the FoD wagon makes me think there's partnership there more than anything given his outspoken nature about my own crappy play.

So, eh, screw it?
This wagon is full of players I am dubious of.
VOTE: Flames of Disaster
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1060 (isolation #50) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:13 am

Post by Varsoon »

Obligatory
Spoiler:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1067 (isolation #51) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:35 am

Post by Varsoon »

The amount of backing off when I said that I could be confirmed, the people asking for claim from me, the PR-read insistence, the LITERALLY WRITING A LIST TO SET ME UP FOR A QUICK LYNCH AFTER I GET BLOCKED TONIGHT, etc.

Shit's mad obvious.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1093 (isolation #52) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Get rolled, Scum.
I was one-shot Vig. I shot Sakura.
I also received something overnight, by the by.
Gimme a sec and I'll pull up the post where I essentially said I'd kill Sakura.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1094 (isolation #53) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 546, Varsoon wrote:
In post 523, Flubbernugget wrote:Varsoon wagon makes it easy for scum to hide. Kinda like what otalia's doing

You~
<3 On one hand, it's nice when there's people that see eye-to-eye. On the other, those folks have less sway.
Are
you ready to know what bothers me? What
really
chuffs me is that everyone is all "What's the scum motivation to that claim? Why would Varsoon scum do that?"
Already
there's so many people so confbiased it hurts. No one's openly asking why Town!Varsoon would do it. They'd rather deride me (Otolia) or just flat-out scum read it instead of mulling it over.
Dead
-thread will be frustrating. Basically, a scumread on me marks a failure to engage with the game properly. It allows players to cross their arms on a read no one but me is going to call them out for in a game where there's 20 other players.

Sakura!

Sakura, the way that you're so insistent on me doing nothing and crafting this narrative where I somehow haven't done anything is really bothersome and scummy.
You've pretty much ignored my interactions and reads to make that assessment, and you're not even actually engaging with me or my wagon, just spouting off that I'm scummy/useless without any real analysis as to
why
outside of literal lies. It feels transparently scummy to me. You're my next pick after Otolia, who attacks players like House for not engaging when House is far more invested than Flames of Disaster, who entered at the same time and has only contributed a bald vote on me and some trashtalk (<3 you too Flames).

Spoiler:

Dohohoho.
Bustin' out the Kenshiro and all that.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1097 (isolation #54) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:34 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I was playing weird just to hope that I could get my shot off and maybe help town out.
I actually wifom'd pretty hard and almost shot Thor but decided against it and went with Sakura since that's what I crumbed.
I know I said that I'd -clear- myself as town or whatever and this doesn't really clear me, but, eh, it is what it is.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1118 (isolation #55) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1109, Flubbernugget wrote:obligatory "varsoon could be sk" post

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
I'll, uh, prove I'm not an SK if you guys let me live another day. :3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1122 (isolation #56) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:53 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I'm all for Otolia, so consider my FoS there.
I'm keen to discover why there was no nightkill outside of scum. If we've got something like a redirect from a not-dead player onto one of the deaths, that'd be awesome.
I wanna see people postin'.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1126 (isolation #57) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, if it's something best kept secret then it is best kept secret.

Damn son slow down with those pups
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1196 (isolation #58) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:31 am

Post by Varsoon »

Hey! I killed Sakura because Sakura has a very discernible scum-tell for me. :3
It just became way too apparent when Sakura went for me. <3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1527 (isolation #59) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Hey all,
I still exist.
I'm still on V/LA until the 30th, but now I have -some- access.

Glossed over the last ten pages.
Mnemonic seems better than Otoliolio
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1980 (isolation #60) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Hey, I exist.
What's good?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1983 (isolation #61) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:10 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I wish I was that well-read to give worthwhile input.
Honestly, I'm coasting, which sucks, but I think I could put some slam down on the ham.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1985 (isolation #62) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Hehehehe.
It was a cat all along.

Seriously, though, who are we going to lynch?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1987 (isolation #63) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by Varsoon »

NS had weird talk with Sakura early and lots of puppies but why lynch that?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1989 (isolation #64) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:30 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Oh
Man, I meant that I could throw down
but now I see how 'put the slam down on the ham' does come across as throwing hammers.
I don't know, it's only D2 and as far as I know, we're doing quite well for ourselves.
Let's just lynch whatever.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1992 (isolation #65) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by Varsoon »

NS had a weird interaction with me where he asked me to sheep or die and that makes me feel weird.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2040 (isolation #66) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Thor
What it do.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2059 (isolation #67) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Hey Muffin,
Your avatar still scares me.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2132 (isolation #68) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:12 am

Post by Varsoon »

Thor v NS is a 1v1 I enjoy.
I come back to this game and constantly have to remind myself that I am town and I need to figure this out.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2250 (isolation #69) » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:52 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2233, Marquis wrote:apathetic

not asparagus

i'm not that tasty

I got a giggle from this.
I'm going to feel like a jerkbutt if Thor flips town, especially since Thor is pulling a lot of breaks that in my head I keep saying, "Try harder, scumbag."
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2277 (isolation #70) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:40 am

Post by Varsoon »

Well, Thor is cleared.
I JK'd him last night.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2281 (isolation #71) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:55 am

Post by Varsoon »

Wha'cha mean?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2285 (isolation #72) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, I was assuming there was just a reaaaally big scumteam instead of multiball.
/shrugs?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2307 (isolation #73) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by Varsoon »

ZZ, that makes a lot of sense.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2323 (isolation #74) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Here's a crazy idea
We just lynch whoever we think scum is
And ignore speculation.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2340 (isolation #75) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:55 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2336, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Vasoon you claimed how vig,,,, as far as I know vigs can not JK . Are you a vig or not

Flub
mm= Muffin Man correct

In post 2339, ika wrote:i know what varsoon most likely is if he claimed to have both the kill and JK.

the quesiton is, is it town aligned

It's like you guys don't know what a JOAT is.
Don't worry, I've got some other goodies in my bag for the nights to come.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2344 (isolation #76) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:21 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It's all G.
Scum'll keep me alive to endgame because that's what scum does.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2346 (isolation #77) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:52 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Rephrase:
Thor could not have committed the kill, as I JK'd him. :P
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2361 (isolation #78) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:52 am

Post by Varsoon »

We still have a huge list of players to thin through.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2381 (isolation #79) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Look, I'm cool with this.
Given the wagons at the end of D2, a thor flip literally gives us the most info.
And if it's not town, we get that too.
VOTE: Thor
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2485 (isolation #80) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:52 am

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: mnemonicdevice

I can sheep this.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2503 (isolation #81) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:25 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It bothers me I am not a hero of justice, as I personal struck down the vile Sakura.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2508 (isolation #82) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Pfft, only fools believe in claims.
I've given this town -results-.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2520 (isolation #83) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:05 pm

Post by Varsoon »

You know I was going to shoot thor over Sakura solely because I rationalized Sakura would be an easier lynch out of the two, but then I waffled to Sakura because I figured Thor would be stronger to have on town's side.
It's upsetting to see Thor just playing defensively, though.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2529 (isolation #84) » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

The fake-hider claim was already explained in tandem to my actual claim.
Don't put me on the chopping block like I'm someone who should be considered a lynch. That makes our pool stay big. We need to make things narrow.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3468 (isolation #85) » Sat May 16, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by Varsoon »

:D
Cool game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3470 (isolation #86) » Sat May 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah! I, uh, did things.
Then I got real dead.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3471 (isolation #87) » Sat May 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 148, Varsoon wrote:<3
It's always nice when your aim is true.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3484 (isolation #88) » Sat May 16, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Some of my favorite back to back posts I've seen as of late, Marquis.
<3
Good game

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”