Newbie 1717: Newbies Through the Looking Glass (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:10 am

Post by Lycanfire »

VOTE: innocentvillager

I'm reading him as manipulating the pace of the game. At first Meepo made an "are you serious"-post to scoff at the tension. It was clarified twice that people weren't being serious, but Meepo still questioned other peoples motives. Grace admitted again to being loose with her vote. Then IV made a weak post steering discussion in the direction that would make Grace/Accountant/Meepo clash rather than look at someone personally or allow others the opportunity to look at anyone other than those 3. Town IV normally eccentric and aggressive from what I've read in other games (even to the Town's detriment). I'm not seeing any of this right now. Mizzy made a similar post, the third to do so.

Why not Meepo and Mizzy? Not Meepo because he is responding to pressure. That's just the way he chose to respond, and I don't disagree with the response on its own. IV had no meat in his post and I am hungry. Mizzy offered a lot more and seems more in character than IV is.

(RVS with jokes)
Meepo: Are we serious
Grace: no
Accountant: no
Meepo: Sounds pretty serious (the equivalent of "are you sure?")
Accountant: post using this theme to annoy Grace with
Grace: I don't care if it wasn't serious
at this point, it was stated nobody was all that serious 3 times and meepo questioned it twice already

IV: are you guys serious?
Grace: (directed to Accountant) I don't like serious people being serious when we're not being serious
Meepo: (still confused)
Mizzy: Questioning people being serious, making a lot of questions in general
Grace: somehow thinks people are serious now
Meepo: (directed to Mizzy) post about post8 being the joke it obviously is...
Mizzy: really being thrown off by Meepo at this point but I'm reading her post as town
Meepo: I'm not being serious!
Mizzy: repost of last
Meepo: clarifying saying about the same as before
Grace: it didn't seem serious to me
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:27 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 72, Simoyd wrote:
In post 46, Lycanfire wrote:Mizzy made a similar post, the third to do so.

Why not Meepo and Mizzy? Not Meepo because he is responding to pressure. That's just the way he chose to respond, and I don't disagree with the response on its own. IV had no meat in his post and I am hungry. Mizzy offered a lot more and seems more in character than IV is.
@Lycanfire: I'm not sure if I'm reading this right. Can you clarify? Are you saying three people made posts leading the conversation, then you eliminated two through process of elimination? If not, what was Mizzy the third to do? I've read back in the thread and I'm totally lost. Maybe I'm stoopid :(
I eliminated Meepo because he seems legitimately confused opposed to just stalling. So it was between IV and Mizzy who I believed to be steering the discussion in a way that seemed useless (see first few posts of game). Mizzy and IV both seem aggressive as town (I read Newbie 1702 while waiting for the thread to start, I read through some of IV's ISOs esp. parts of Newbie 1507). Mizzy has been ok so far (post #30 is ok, #36 seems in character even if the premise is silly). IV doesn't seem in character and he admitted he may have been so. I don't get post#27 at all. I had two pages to catch up on but I managed not to make a post like that while sleeping.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Focusing on the meta element of my post 46 is negligent at best and scummy at worst. My point was that discussion was being centralized on a group of 3 people already attacking each other over what were nonsensical posts. Hanging back and watching people dig themselves a hole is only town if there's reasons to see someone's reaction. I sure didn't want to see analysis #10 of jokepost because it won't find scum.
In post 82, Mizzytastic wrote:Lycan, you seem to be relying a lot on meta. I dunno about IV but I know you've not seen my scum game because I've not seen my scum game. What makes you think this is town aggression and not just me aggression?
I don't. It was closer to what I expected than IV.
In post 90, Accountant wrote:Hey Lycan I feel like you're just sitting around and whaling on someone who can't fight back. Any thoughts on active players?
I was hoping to be pushed back by now. IV said he didn't have time to post much, left a low content post that I didn't like. I called it and he spoke about being burnt out and hasn't been helping us any since.

Town
Meepo

Lean Town
Accountant (IC)
Simoyd
RadiantCowbells (SE)

Null
Mizzytastic
Grace
Pants98 (SE)

Lean Scum

Scum
innocentvillager (SE)

Meepo screams town to me, whereas yourself and Simoyd have been contributing positively. I'm having trouble reading RC, but I'm reading a lot of 'noise' from Mizzy and Grace in general that my scumdar isn't feeling very well calibrated right now-I think she's more town than the others but if I didn't know that RC was a Titus alt I'd be guessing a Not_Mafia alt (say little, accuse lots). Mizzy went from "you're usually aggressive so what's the problem" post#51 to "[Lycanfire] you're relying a lot on meta" post#82 after your post#78. My original problem with the direction of the game withstanding I'm reconsidering my read. I don't hate or like her.

Grace is interesting. Nearly all of her posts contain a personal element to them. I don't think this is newbtown or newbscum in itself. It's noise and it's complicating my ability to read her until something more solid comes from her.

Pants hasn't posted. I can't get anything besides null from them.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:45 am

Post by Lycanfire »

That explains a lot
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:24 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

You thought my first post was fine, ignore the premise, tunnel heavily on the meta portion to the point of giving me towncred, and then when I dismiss meta as primary motive you suddenly want to make it about metagaming again.

I never claimed "extensive meta research" on you. I claimed 1 town game of yours to 1 town game of Mizzy's, while skimming through your ISOs of other games to save time. I didn't need to compare a scum game to your town game to call your town game out of character here(to which you somewhat agreed). You were behaving more strangely than Mizzy, and that's why you're the one I placed my vote on. The moment you stopped posting was the moment I thought lean scum was too tame, because while waiting others did not cease accusing each other. Scum aren't in a hurry to contribute here if accused as each new post they aren't involved in offers opportunities. So, what about town? It would be in a townie's interest to make a meaningful post ASAP if they were the one being accused.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:36 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 107, Accountant wrote:I thought #104 was pretty meaningful, Lyc. Is there any other reason why you think IV is suspicious?
It was. My problem was that between my first post and my post placing him as scum, he didn't make a meaningful one, despite making a few in that time.

Beyond the points in #46/#106, his post #54 I don't find anything else suspicious.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Post99 was serious. As Accountant was referring to my inability to read Titus(RC) he told me RC was not Titus.... Titus talks more. Which explained why RC has been keeping it short.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Accountant, why defend IV so hard when he had an opportunity to do it himself, gave it up and showed up 36 hours later to try? Popular opinion wasn't against IV. Why should you care more than he did, and what was the rush?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I wasn't going to say anything yesterday but Meepo has disappeared for 59 hours.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

pr sure i woke up, ate, worked an 8 hour shift and have been chilling in my own sweat and wine in the same time he said a few hours.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 139, Meepo wrote:I dissapeared because i had nothing to say thus far but now i do. Pants98 voted for accountant putting her at L-1 without even giving any reason first hand, later saying he will do it later, but keeps the vote on. This an extremely scummy move in my eyes. You don`t put someone at L-1 without an immediate reason or an obvious scum tell, which to me it is not. Either he is scum or a noob town who doesn`t realize the importance of vote majority. Waiting for his response.
this isn't a good reason. you need to see things from perspective. if accountant is scum, he's going to be terrified of one of the newbies in the game posting while he's L-1. in scum's mind, they are one good post away from the newbie agreeing and slamming the hammer down on them. you could easily get scum flailing around when they would love to wait on pants instead.

similarly, if accountant is town and have scum on his wagon they want to make a good post as there's a chance a newbie could hammer unprompted.

if you disappeared for 8hours cool, but that was >2 days. active town intimidates scum when they're being accused and that's when you see them make mistakes.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Lycanfire »

My problem with the Accountant wagon is that nobody on it seems to care enough to pressure him. Reeks of scum. I don't totally agree with Simoyd's case about him, your (RC) no content posts, Pants' vote and subsequent lack of reasoning. I have my own misgivings about him like how he wanted to defend IV more than IV wanted to defend himself. That was very strange, but he gave me the only answer possible for that (not that it justifies it). I don't like his newest post#154 because it sounds like a "validate my scumread" post.

I'll re-read the thread tonight as everyone else is going to apparently. My vote might be better placed, but I'm not convinced of that right now.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:06 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 160, Accountant wrote:
I don't like his newest post#154 because it sounds like a "validate my scumread" post.
If Grace goes "hey Mizzy is obvtown" and lists a bunch of reasons wouldn't that completely defeat the purpose of it?
Does scumAccountant have anything to lose at this point?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:37 am

Post by Lycanfire »

I didn't have time last night to reread full post of thoughts in 5-8 hours
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

@Simoyd: Your read on Meepo? Why?

@Grace: The most obvious scum is who?

@Meepo: Thoughts on IV?

@RC: How do you feel about Pants? :)

@Accountant: Before Mizzy, who would you have preferred to gun for the most?

@Mizzy: Has townreads on Meepo affected your play? Why?

I already have some conclusions after doing deep analysis of the thread, but there are parts missing that I'd like to fill. Not all the questions above are a mystery to me-so don't try to get cute, because I might know the answer.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #15) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I just want to say that in my analysis, RC has interacted with nobody besides Accountant the entire game. The worst of all.

Apparently, keeping a meta is so important that you can't break character in a newbie game and use a throwaway one.

Have a nice week RC. You've said all you need to. Bye.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #16) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:27 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I thought my point was obvious
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #17) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:35 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

If you're scum then he's only hurting his wagon. If he doesn't want to work with me, that's an indicator that we're not on the same team. If he's ignorant of this humoring him is a waste of my time anyway.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 220, Simoyd wrote:@Lycanfire: What is your read on grace?
@RC: What is your read on grace?

Even if it's just off the top of your head...
Null. I don't like her constant shucks posts-ok this is a newbie game but riding that horse attempts to invoke empathy. If I do that will I be more likely to see her as town? Yes.

I'm at work but in my data I believe she has never interacted with IV (still my tentative top scum choice until I see more) while IV has interacted with her once. Or it's the other way around-I can't access the file.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Lycanfire »

More thoughts coming but for now I have an important question-

Do you think a better lynch exists than Pants, Accountant?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #20) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 257, Accountant wrote:@Lycanfire: RC is the only alternative lynch I'd accept
If I had a definitive answer I would have been able to call your alignment 100%.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #21) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:01 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 248, innocentvillager wrote:I have no idea why you're literally refusing to look at my scumgames.
I work full time in retail performing several different jobs and make my posts as I eat or have my breaks. Why do you think you're worth true extensive meta research spanning scumgame vs town game vs town game instead of the only relevant analysis-towngame vs towngame of two different people when choosing to make my vote?

It was good enough to give me responses that have made me choose to keep my vote on you. You're really going to have to deal with it, or re-vote me if it's suspect.
In post 118, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 107, Accountant wrote:I thought #104 was pretty meaningful, Lyc. Is there any other reason why you think IV is suspicious?
It was. My problem was that between my first post and my post placing him as scum, he didn't make a meaningful one, despite making a few in that time.
In post 248, innocentvillager wrote:Accountant's defense of me, while slightly odd I agree, was completely right.
Odd? Accountant said you were V/LA when you weren't tagged as V/LA. You gave some response about being burned out from your last game and left. Accountant's defense of you was flaccid, and I didn't start questioning it until Simoyd wanted to interrogate Accountant-I let him slide as going for him wasn't going to make you post, allowing him to pressure Mizzy was going to tell me more of his character. I wasn't about to derail that when my focus has decided to go MIA.
In post 248, innocentvillager wrote:I didn't need to do any more defense of myself when Accountant had given basically the same defense I would've given, why put in the extra time?
Scum don't have incentive to post while pressured, obv
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #22) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Complaining about meta that I pressured you over Mizzy is a distraction. I chose you because you were more disappointing. You continued to disappoint me, so my vote has stayed in lack of obvious scum. Flailing around talking about meta doesn't help your case, it only shows that you want to pass the same posts back and forth.

Next, your list of Pants/Myself/Accountant as likely scum is so incredibly flawed. Of the different possible scum teams, the only one that could plausibly be true is Myself/Accountant. But if this is the case why is Pants there?

Is Pants on there for being universally disliked from promising twice to make a post that never appeared? Is he there because the deadline is/was supposedly the 18th (prior to replacements)?

Is Pants your best lynch choice?

I'll flat out say right now: Pants is not the best choice. That's why I was disappointed with Accountant's answer: he could have said RC was just as likely, or that they were the scumteam, that one was more likely than the other sure, but what I asked was if Pants was the best lynch candidate. This means yes or no, not "yes if not him then other person". I don't know if that's 50/50 or 80/20 or in favor or who.

Simply, Pants is not the best lynch because it doesn't give us clues as to who his partner is. For Accountant moreso-that's why I said it was important and asked him, rather than anyone else. In my opinion, if Pants flips scum Accountant is town. I think this is a safe assumption. For the rest of us, we won't have much clue as to who their partner is based on their posts, but we will know two things-we are town, and Accountant is very likely town as well. Accountant does not get this luxury-if town, they would only know one person is town and has less scumhunting to work with tomorrow.
Therefore, there is no scumhunting Accountant can do tomorrow that he cannot do today.

If I'm your vote target why am I scum? Why should I be lynched? Make your case, because I'm not going to sit on my hands waiting for deadline so we can lynch Pants. Convince me that you're in this too.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #23) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:22 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

You're still ignoring my tell I pointed out in my first post. If you called my premise silly rather than complain all game I would have unvoted you ages ago.

Secondly, I wasn't claiming that you believed Pants was the best lynch-I was claiming your three choices were suspect due to his inclusion on your list for two separate reasons. I questioned why you were voting me at all if you were going to defend rather than attack all game with the conclusion that Pants may be on your list because he is convenient.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (isolation #24) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

IV and Accountant have nothing to gain by going out of their way to lose the game on day 1. When Accountant was revving up his chainsaw he was getting bandwagoned. If he flipped scum, IV would be sure to follow.

We need your thoughts on everyone Pants.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #25) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

...And your reason for voting Accountant that you've promised twice would be really great.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (isolation #26) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 282, innocentvillager wrote:I can't figure out what you're saying by this post, decrypt it for me plz?
Sure... I considered you or Mizzy as directing attention towards Meepo/Accountant/Grace for no reason. Mizzy offered a lot more and seemed well enough in line with her usual play. You left a question that was already answered twice and it seemed clear to me that you were happy if people kept talking about useless things. At this point, the IC was busy ripping into a newbie and another newbie had no idea what was going on. It's fine if they wanted to have a go at one another, but others needed to drag more people in this. I stepped up to the plate and chose you.
In post 282, innocentvillager wrote:Okay sure, well if you read my responses I've basically responded to that.
where. because i really, really need to see this rebuttal.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:22 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Ok so I wrote a giant post and intended on splitting it up for the morning, but then I realized that when I cut out my responses to IV my responses to Simoyd started to lack context. I don't blame anyone for not reading it I don't know why I'm still awake any more.

Snoe

-I think Mizzy's vote onto Meepo was strange especially with how she went inactive after people kept saying yeah Meepo seems town and so on. t didn't feel like she wanted to pursue Meepo, and when it became pointless, stopped posting altogether. I asked her if it affected her play any but then she replaced out.

-Mizzy being so on board with pressuring IV with me was ++++ in my book but the moment she flopped on a point she reinforced earlier she slipped right into null for me. Her jabbing at me about her scum persona was strange, because IV was bringing up the same thing, but I didn't mind this part much because she already made it obvious that it was a pointless question to begin with. She wanted the right answer, so I gave it to her.

-I wasn't sheeping Grace's read on RC. I was getting frustrated with someone that said they weren't going to reply to someone else (with a list of their reads) while ignoring a simple question I gave him. Meanwhile he finished off his post saying he would be back on the 20th when the deadline was 18 at the time. I told him to enjoy his week and that his playstyle does him no favors. Accountant questioned this and I told him that if RC doesn't want to work with me, the chances that we aren't on the same team is high. I think this is all entirely fair, though I lost my cool with RC esp. in implying that he can feel free to leave for the rest of the week. That was pretty bad.

-Last section became less personal and more of a tl;dr. Would have liked it if you said you didn't get much out of it.

-++++massive points for understanding my plight

------meh i want to see other posts before i explain
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

IV

Bold aside.. Ok you apologized for it. Thanks for doing that. I get apprehensive too. It's a playstyle thing where I think I'm putting up more pressure if I'm blunt, and short. Sort of like RC's posts, but instead of always being in that mode I use it for shock value. I've definitely been less than eloquent with you too (blunt scum accusations, "obvscum [you] have no incentive to post while under pressure").

this is all going to be referencing IV/314
Don't believe me? Let's look at his notes. Most of the notes are just summaries of random posts that are COMPLETELY NAI. Why write so much summary text, if most of it is just going to be NAI?
Half of it was probably NAI. The other half was him picking out a few people that appeared town while going after Mizzy's slot.
He does explain 30, 81, and 82 in the notes, but where is 51?? He makes no real mention of 51 in his notes. So where did that scumread come from? These clearly aren't comprehensive notes, which alone proves that he didn't just take extensive notes, and then draw reads from that.
Seems just as likely that he missed the part the first time than having added it later which is my problem with this.
Finally, the last possibility is that he wrote the reads first. This is the scummiest of all
But, yes. This would reek.
I initially thought I saw snoe subtly buddying Lycan
Well, you aren't wrong. I don't care about what kind of tone I have, but apparently Snoe thinks it's great! :rolleyes: Didn't need to see that three times.

IV/317
ARE YOU SERIOUS? WHY DON'T YOU READ WHAT I WRITE?? Did 267 just not exist?? Do you only choose to read/respond to the things that benefit you?
Let me preface this by saying that
everyone
got the same tell on Pants when he made a promise-twice-and never showed up. My problem was you thinking he was scummy enough to be anything beyond Null when you had Accountant and myself as Scum. Ordinarily, this wouldn't be too strange. Except Pants nearly got Accountant lynched and did not seem to care enough to post (or realize he was replaced). My connection with him, which isn't as concrete, and IMO is probably only obvious to me because I know I'm town and you don't, is that I also called him out that night out of frustration. I could have made all kinds of posts without anyone batting an eye but I was so done with my night that I couldn't care enough beyond imply he should post ASAP.

So, with this in mind I said neither Accountant/Pants or Myself/Pants would make sense. Meaning Pants has no point on your scumlist at all if the only viable pair is Accountant/Myself. You made no remarks to this.. Instead you told me I wasn't reading your posts and that you had tells on Pants, which was missing the point, honestly.

UNVOTE: Innocentvillager

He caught the missing post in Snoe/310 that I missed. That's proof to me that he's trying to figure out the game. Not to say this is necessarily town due to how easy of a target Pants/Snoe is, but I think it's more townie than scum.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:25 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Simoyd

Can you elaborate on that incentive? I don't understand why scum would be motivated to do that.
Myself/106
Scum aren't in a hurry to contribute here if accused as each new post they aren't involved in offers opportunities. So, what about town? It would be in a townie's interest to make a meaningful post ASAP if they were the one being accused.
Scum can get an improved position by waiting. Townies have nothing to gain by playing a game.
I don't see how IV could possibly be manipulating the game by post 46. Trying to pick someone on vacation as an easy target?
He wasn't tagged as V/LA, and when he replied talking about supposed LA and mafia burnout he didn't say anything that changed my mind about post 46, either.

Also in 226 and 269 you killed the votes on pants, but these feel really forced and convoluted as well. You could have conveyed the idea with much fewer words. You basically just repeated yourself over and over...
This answer doesn't make as much sense w/o a reply I have saved for IV, but my point was that I was trying to establish Pants/Myself and Pants/Accountant as unviable or weak partners, so having all three of us on his scumlist was suspicious to me.

So, to answer. It reads that way because I wrote it that way. I started off questioning IV about why Pants was on his list at all, then offered him the same question I asked Accountant. Of course, I didn't want an answer any more, because asking two different people and already admitting to being disappointed with the first answer already tells how I feel about it. I started with the conclusion and why I was disappointed in Accountant's answer when I felt like the answer should have been especially clear for him. In the second-last paragraph I described a Pants lynch as a low information one, and finished the post by telling IV to argue his case with me if he wanted to vote me. The implication was that since I thought Pants was on his list for no reason, I felt he didn't have the heart to truly pursue me, even though he should have been pursuing anyone besides Pants for reasons already stated, because failing to do so would have been in my opinion the same as riding out the deadline.
Additionally in 269 you say "I questioned why you were voting me at all if you were going to defend rather than attack all game". I've read it a dozen times, what does that mean?
The only attacks IV was doing was with the meta argument, which I was dismissing as complaining. There wasn't anything proactive in his case.
In 130 you parroted part of my wall regarding Accountant defending IV, without adding anything. And in 156 you claim this to be your reason ("my own misgivings"), but it was already said...
I had plenty of misgivings about Accountant, but dropping pressure on IV for Accountant was going to be pointless.
Later In 260 you said you'd let accountant slide, but that's not what happened in 130 and 156. You did pressure him. This back and forth bugs me. What is your read on accountant now?

Also in 156 you mention that noone pressuring accountant, then say "Reeks of scum". Are you saying accountant reeks of scum? Or the situation reeks of scum?
#130 I wanted a reaction from him-anything to draw him to IV-who I was focusing on would have been nice. #156 is actually a defense of Accountant. At this point he is L-1 or L-2-I forget, but he got to L-1 with some of the primary drivers on the wagon not saying anything at all, so it would be the latter.

My reads are honestly awful right now. I don't think Accountant/IV / Accountant/Snoe / IV/Snoe are partners. In fact, I don't think IV is leaning much to scum right now. So, I have my own dilemma of choosing between Accountant/Snoe, and I think I'll have a better idea of it tomorrow.
Through 255 and 259 you claim to be able to call his alignment 100%! I would love to hear the explanation behind that! How was Accountant's answer not definitive?
I later explained this in post 266.

Myself/266
I'll flat out say right now: Pants is not the best choice. That's why I was disappointed with Accountant's answer: he could have said RC was just as likely, or that they were the scumteam, that one was more likely than the other sure, but what I asked was if Pants was the best lynch candidate. This means yes or no, not "yes if not him then other person". I don't know if that's 50/50 or 80/20 or in favor or who.

Simply, Pants is not the best lynch because it doesn't give us clues as to who his partner is. For Accountant moreso-that's why I said it was important and asked him, rather than anyone else. In my opinion, if Pants flips scum Accountant is town. I think this is a safe assumption. For the rest of us, we won't have much clue as to who their partner is based on their posts, but we will know two things-we are town, and Accountant is very likely town as well. Accountant does not get this luxury-if town, they would only know one person is town and has less scumhunting to work with tomorrow. Therefore, there is no scumhunting Accountant can do tomorrow that he cannot do today..
tl;dr I didn't feel like his post was definitive, and since he didn't seem sure enough to express a preference between Pants/Snoe and RC, I felt like he gave me a bad answer when he had an easy good answer he could have given me instead.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (isolation #30) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:25 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

RC

Why would an accountant townflip make you scumread me?
Isn't the only real answer is that you've used this as a scumtactic before? Are you trying to be called on this?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:36 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 396, Accountant wrote:
Isn't the only real answer is that you've used this as a scumtactic before? Are you trying to be called on this?
Explain?
He's used the "i can scumread this player, lynch them" tactic as scum before on someone they usually try to lynch, then when his target flipped town nobody suspected him for it.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #32) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 401, Postie wrote:
In post 400, Lycanfire wrote:He's used the "i can scumread this player, lynch them" tactic as scum before on someone they usually try to lynch, then when his target flipped town nobody suspected him for it.
Link?

Supposedly it's supposed to be Parfait Mafia as per his wiki but either the game was enterred in the wrong column or BlueBloodedToffee is in as an alt.

Alright so, I think Snoe was too busy waiting on my promised post to answer others, like RC's question to him. Unfortunately when I promised another post, I was waiting on seeing his opinions on Accountant to help me decide my own vote... Having nothing makes me think he gave up.

VOTE: Snoe

Mizzy played a little strangely sure, but I never did hate her, and Postie seems somewhat town. This is also probably the easiest slot to mislynch with Postie having no real defense to Mizzy's behavior.

The problem starts is that I would have been more moved if he had went for Accountant instead. Accountant has been acting scummy-his pressure on Grace was weird, then his case against Mizzy didn't convince me. Okay, that isn't scummy, but asking people to sheep your read doesn't do you favors. Personally I work too damn hard to pressure and asking people to ignore my case that seemingly hasn't already convinced them in order to blindly sheep me is lazy. Is it lazy because there may have been no case strong enough against Mizzy at the time? In #171 he admits he has no chance at convincing RC otherwise, which made me roll my eyes, because it seems as if he knows others may not care, which makes me feel like he has no trust in his own case either. In my mind, acting like makes sense... If you know your target is innocent.

Defending IV was pretty bad in my eyes but as the game went on it became more and more clear that the chances of them being scum partners were slim to none. Regardless his eagerness to jump in here is weird.

I did like his answers in #164/#182. I was hoping he would say something dumb, but he didn't. However I really disliked #257. Like I said after that post, if it was a definitive answer I would be able to call his alignment. My problem with it not being definitive is that now I can't call his alignment.

So, why vote Snoe. Accountant did practically the same as Mizzy by admitting to trying to trying to build a wagon, with the implication that the case may not be good enough at all. My problem with Snoe is that he had a really easy target but chose the less complicated one. Postie can't defend Mizzy's actions, and there's been no real follow up in his Mizzy/Postie case. Since I feel it's near impossible for Snoe/Accountant to be partners, that would mean scum!Snoe knows Accountant is town, and Snoe may have felt like forcing a mislynch on the IC was too ambitious. This is what I was alluding to in my last post about him, and why I waited (RC asked him for his take on Accountant, we never received it since).

In conclusion, he has to die for not going for Accountant.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (isolation #33) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:00 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

By the way if we're going to repost cases and the like, please keep this in mind thanks

Deadline: (expired on 2016-06-22 07:25:57)
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:09 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 411, Postie wrote:
In post 406, Lycanfire wrote:Since I feel it's near impossible for Snoe/Accountant to be partners,
Why's this? Sorry if you've already explained it; I'm finding your walls a bit hard to follow. :oops:
Because Pants wanted Accountant lynched and sure didn't seem to care how or why.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (isolation #35) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:22 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Um, no. That's a lot more concrete than the read you established from page 1, sorry.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (isolation #36) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:14 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

@IV

I said you were more townie than scum, and if I'm right on the Pants slot, you're town.

@Simoyd

You or Postie. Reason: on the Accountant wagon instead of the Pants/Snoe/Blank one. Postie basically said she would go along with RC's read, meanwhile you've been on Accountant for awhile now, but you keep questioning my tone. These are one-sided comments. What do you want me to say, if anything? This makes me feel like you're working against me rather than considering the possibility we're on the same team. Meepo/Hark is good. RC is probably ok. Grace's slot was in a good position if she was scum, all she had to do was post. Most liked her. I have doubts that Accountant or IV are Blank's partner.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:01 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 490, Simoyd wrote:
In post 481, Lycanfire wrote:You or Postie. Reason: on the Accountant wagon instead of the Pants/Snoe/Blank one.
Why not RC then?
In post 481, Lycanfire wrote:This makes me feel like you're working against me rather than considering the possibility we're on the same team.
I read a scum lean on you.
1. Not RC because he started the Accountant vote party. There's a lot of risk in doing this, especially the way he tried getting it going. The contributors to the wagon look a lot more suspect in my eyes.

2. This is actually a good reply, but my implication was that if you knew we weren't on the same team, and treated me that way, you must be scum.
In post 516, RadiantCowbells wrote:What are the odds that it's Grace/Accountant and that fight they had where Accountant had all the hammed up reactions was a planned distancing attempt?
pretty slim considering that grace interacted with mizzy almost as much as she interacted with accountant (5 vs 6) while keeping her vote on accountant through the latter's failed wagon onto mizzy, only taking it off when your wagon on accountant was about to fly off the road.

---

blank: so where does simoyd stand with you exactly? you said you liked him more as you read the game, but then offered commentary about how you don't.

i'll let further analysis sink in until i get back tonight.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (isolation #38) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:01 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 664, BlankFace wrote:Did you even read my page 5-10 qualms? Accountant started strong but isn't my top read anymore in the slightest. Just because I haven't made a tier list doesn't mean I don't have suspicions. Accountant and Simoyd are at the top right now but I'm hesitant to say for sure until I make to where I replaced in.
I'm happy that I scumread Simoyd so now you get to fall into the same trap Snoe did

I don't care about Blank catching up either. Put him at L-1. Shake the claim out of him and lynch him.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (isolation #39) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

something tells me that you won't be hammering
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (isolation #40) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:19 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

sure, but i meant that you won't be getting an apology.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (isolation #41) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:22 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

You'd be scummy as hell to suggest otherwise. I would hold the hammer to the last minute just to spite RC though.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (isolation #42) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:34 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Nah it's ok. The game became more fun since you replaced in anyway.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (isolation #43) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:10 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 743, innocentvillager wrote:Nope, Lycan/Blank scumteam.

VOTE: BlankFace
You said the same thing yesterday, and yet Accountant is the one that died.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (isolation #44) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:17 am

Post by Lycanfire »

The problem Simoyd is that Titus was obvtown yesterday, and read Accountant as town. This let me ignore a lot of the bullshit noise and consider people like Postie, or yourself, esp. since Accountant/Titus liked mostly everyone else.

What I'm trying to say is that we knew all of this yesterday, but people were too busy sheeping RC to care.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (isolation #45) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:18 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 751, Simoyd wrote:
In post 748, Lycanfire wrote:You said the same thing yesterday, and yet Accountant is the one that died.
And he provided the reason when he changed his vote... Why raise this?
because i have no intention of making a helpful post until i get home tonight, and if others want to do the same i'm happy to point it out
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (isolation #46) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:49 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 763, Simoyd wrote:@Postie: What is your current position on Lycan?
@Blank: What is your current position on Lycan?

Starting to like lycan/blank more as left out blank
I replied to a post of yours yesterday of my second choice behind Blank. I said Postie or yourself. You could have scumread that yesterday.

More useless posts. Here's another.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (isolation #47) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Upset at being called on it?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (isolation #48) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Trying to scumread for something I could have quoted from day1 had I not been on my phone, then lynching Accountant anyway.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (isolation #49) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

The whole ignore the Accountant strategy is bad by the way. RC might get a pass. For today anyway.

Meanwhile while Blank is probably our lynch I find it funny that some people are fast to jump that wagon-none of yoh were on it yesterday! Very interesting. What do we gain from lynching him and losing a townie? We have all the time in the world to find his partner.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (isolation #50) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

You, not you

Also im too good for abbrevations. That's a correction
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (isolation #51) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Now auto correct wants to work
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (isolation #52) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 803, Simoyd wrote:
In post 799, Lycanfire wrote:Trying to scumread for something I could have quoted from day1 had I not been on my phone, then lynching Accountant anyway.
I did indeed have a scum lean on you yesterday. Today I mentioned that the posts you made today were suspicious. In I'm testing the bounds of various possible setups, because people's opinions change post-flip. How is that useless?
All you're doing is testing whether they read the previous day (hint: at least one claimed they haven't. Yes it's very useless. Meanwhile I was brought to L-1 right afterwards, by yourself no less. What does this do for the town?
In post 805, Simoyd wrote:
In post 800, Lycanfire wrote:What do we gain from lynching him and losing a townie?
So you think postie is town? You think titus' read was wrong?
People were voting Blank and leaving. You want me to say nothing when I should be scum incarnate if I let this lynch go through after killing the Blank lynch for the same reason day 1. The same reasoning applies. We need for fight and find scum #2, debate the two flips and pick apart the Accountant wagon. Voting without doing this is lazy at worst and.. No it's just lazy regardless of alignment. And bad.
In post 814, Simoyd wrote:lycan has been doing nothing but positioning. Admitting that his posts are useless, but ultimately something motivates him to keep hitting that 'submit' button...
So I shouldn't post at all while I'm at work? I have a damn good reason to keep hitting that submit button, like how I know there must be scum on the Accountant wagon. You, IV, RC, Postie, Hark. You're all fair game to me. Make a post I don't like and I'm going to jump on you. So far, RC is good. IV has gone missing, no thanks to you for pulling out your chainsaw. Consider misreping me not just today, but the "tonal" arguments from yesterday to be one hell of a good scum lean on you. Whether Postie is the second scum, I'm not sure, beyond sheeping RC again today she isn't giving me anything beyond killing town, that's pretty bad Postie! Hark is still good, because paradoxically hammering Accountant proves he was paranoid about Titus on the trigger :cop:
In post 818, Simoyd wrote:Not the first time blank friended lycan. Looks like lycan is omitting blank
In post 795, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 763, Simoyd wrote:@Postie: What is your current position on Lycan?
@Blank: What is your current position on Lycan?

Starting to like lycan/blank more as left out blank
I replied to a post of yours yesterday of my second choice behind Blank. I said Postie or yourself. You could have scumread that yesterday.

More useless posts. Here's another.
In post 797, Lycanfire wrote:Upset at being called on it?
In post 798, Simoyd wrote:being called on what?
In post 799, Lycanfire wrote:Trying to scumread for something I could have quoted from day1 had I not been on my phone, then lynching Accountant anyway.
I'm obv not at home at the time but misrepresenting the argument in the above exchange when I don't have the time to cut and paste quotes on my phone sure is helping us a lot today
In post 753, Lycanfire wrote:because i have no intention of making a helpful post until i get home tonight, and if others want to do the same i'm happy to point it out
Kicker:
In post 481, Lycanfire wrote:@Simoyd

You or Postie. Reason: on the Accountant wagon instead of the Pants/Snoe/Blank one. Postie basically said she would go along with RC's read, meanwhile you've been on Accountant for awhile now, but you keep questioning my tone. These are one-sided comments. What do you want me to say, if anything? This makes me feel like you're working against me rather than considering the possibility we're on the same team. Meepo/Hark is good. RC is probably ok. Grace's slot was in a good position if she was scum, all she had to do was post. Most liked her. I have doubts that Accountant or IV are Blank's partner.
You *or* Postie. I said Titus/Accountant let me pursue other leads, like you and Postie, and this quote proves I wasn't saying Postie/Simoyd scumteam. This was in reply to you no less day 1.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (isolation #53) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I want to make it clear also that the moment Snoe came in he went for Postie, for reasons Postie couldn't defend. This looked like a legitimate attempt to mislynch. Blank didn't go for Simoyd over Accountant until I half halfheartedly scumread Simoyd yesterday to see if he (Blank) too would ignore the Accountant wagon. If Postie/Blank were partners, they would have had a lot more to gain by having Blank reinforce my question mark on Postie, because in scenario 1 of Blank being lynched, Postie looks good. In scenario two, the Accountant lynch, Postie would again look good, like how Simoyd looks good now being accused two days in a row. Walks like a bus.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (isolation #54) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Careful IV, everyone that wants Blank lynched seems to die.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (isolation #55) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Since I'd prefer not to wake up dead to some stupid post about how I don't actually want a Blank lynch, take this as your cue to put him to L1 for his claim.

VOTE: Blank

I'll call the other scum day 3 without fail. You're all welcome, even if you lynch me for it.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (isolation #56) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:23 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Simoyd/Postie looks pretty compelling if you go back through their ISOs/interactions of day 1, but if you go with the Postie as scum theory just about anyone that isn't Blank or myself is pretty good for being her scumpartner. For instance, just about everything I could say about Simoyd/Postie I could say about you, RC, except rather than Simoyd sheeping Postie at one point, Postie has been sheeping you instead. IV wouldn't have this in his case, but of the four possible scum partners I'd consider, he was the most rigid in his scumpool, matching Postie. Hark shows up and makes a good post, or a clueless one every so often so I would struggle to pin him with someone. Being the starting vote on Postie makes me the least suspicious of him.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (isolation #57) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:27 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Try harder
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (isolation #58) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:33 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Maybe I should get more specific. I think Simoyd/Blank is the scum team. Everyone else is town. If Simoyd is town, Postie might be the second scum, but in the Postie/Blank theory, I'm liking her more as town the more she insists on her lynch pool.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (isolation #59) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:34 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 878, innocentvillager wrote:Guys what if the scumteam was Me/Lycan this whole time

I'd be like FACK U BITCHES
if we were the scum team i would have lynched you day 1 for sure. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (isolation #60) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:37 am

Post by Lycanfire »

I meant Simoyd town in the Blank as scum scenario. I won't deny X/Postie, but I see no reason to take my vote off Blank, as it's my best read, while I see no reason to lynch Simoyd today, either, because a Blank lynch eliminates more partners than a Simoyd one.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (isolation #61) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:52 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 883, innocentvillager wrote:
Lycanfire wrote:Maybe I should get more specific. I think Simoyd/Blank is the scum team. Everyone else is town. If Simoyd is town, Postie might be the second scum, but in the Postie/Blank theory, I'm liking her more as town the more she insists on her lynch pool.
You should've said this sooner. Saying it now when you're prompted to only makes you look worse.

Also, why the more she insists on her lynch pool the townier? I must admit, my reads haven't changed very much this game (which tbh is kind of scumtell), so I'm not sure what you mean
RC asked about Simoyd/Postie, which I found annoying because I could have applied everything I found in support of Simoyd/Postie to himself/Postie. Since I didn't change my vote or say any possibility was more likely than any other, my stance should have been clear from the beginning.

I was thinking Postie was scummy, but sticking to her guns in an X/Blank scumteam looks pretty good the more I think about it. If she's scum then she knows I'm town, and has no reason to maintain her scum pool when a lynch on me isn't looking as likely as it was earlier. She has to know that there's no certainty that she could mislynch me tomorrow in a Blank lynch today. The scummier thing to do would be to loosen on her reads right now.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (isolation #62) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:54 am

Post by Lycanfire »

OK I did say some possibilities were more likely than others, but more like Simoyd=RC>IV. What I meant to say is that no one possibility won out.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (isolation #63) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:15 am

Post by Lycanfire »

UNVOTE:
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (isolation #64) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 am

Post by Lycanfire »

All I know is that I went from being for a Blank lynch to uncomfortable as hell in under 5 minutes.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (isolation #65) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Lycanfire »

I already gave my reasoning against a Postie/Blank team, so if that's what Simoyd is suggesting I disagree with it. I disagree with part of his reasoning for her being scummy too, like her lynchpool. I find her
more town as a result
. Meanwhile he just flopped onto Blank from Postie the moment you pressured her, so yeah I think there was a rush, esp. since he had no pressure on himself, while Postie had some on her. He makes it clear that he's thinking about the votes on Postie when he votes Blank.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (isolation #66) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 902, innocentvillager wrote:All I really got from that was that Blank and Simoyd are probably not a scumteam. I don't see why Blank is necessarily less scummy for this.
He's still the #1 partner for Blank in my eyes, so we're reading this differently.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (isolation #67) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Ok apparently we're reading it about the same now. Carry on.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (isolation #68) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Simoyd did scumlean me, but revised his scumpool after that vote and omitted me, after recognizing he was presenting a flawed argument in our exchange.
In post 913, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 911, Lycanfire wrote:Ok apparently we're reading it about the same now. Carry on.
huh?

Why are you the only person whose posts I fail to understand at least half the time
I was thinking he could either be making Blank look good by the timing of his vote or he got scared by being put in RC's scumpool and decided to bus Blank. In either case I didn't like it.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (isolation #69) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Lycanfire »

screw your blank/postie scumteam tbh fam.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (isolation #70) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:00 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 934, Simoyd wrote:
In post 929, Lycanfire wrote:screw your blank/postie scumteam tbh fam.
postie/lycan?
only if i'm in your scumpool
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (isolation #71) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Damn guys.. Two days in a row.. I missed a full day because it wasn't posted near sunrise date and went to sleep.. By the time I realized it was already over.

I have no idea what the hell RC was doing day 1. Funnily enough clearing Blank made me scumread IV again immediately. Hark was super scummy, but IV and Postie were posting back and forth and I was suspecting them. Upon seeing Tracker I probably would have still had "blank=town" in my mind because I began to reread day 2 during night and put a townie voice on everything he said. While I would have went for IV, town would probably still be screwed, no, with Postie convinced I was scum I would have likely been the lynch if I pushed for IV.

I feel somewhat vindicated that I tried to wagon both scum day 1, but beyond that the game was a mess and my reads started going wrong, fast in day 2 by suspecting wrong Blank partners, clearing IV for some damn reason (baa) to scumreading Postie... All I know is that after the Simoyd self vote, which I had open in my phone unknowing that day had ended, he killed all the scumminess I detected from him, because I liked his gambit a lot. It's just a shame it was spoiled. I would have definitely pushed a different lynch, and unless IV made a bad post, unfortunately it probably would have been Postie.

Sorry Postie.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (isolation #72) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 1172, RadiantCowbells wrote:My plan was for them to assume that Lycan was the actual cop, nightkill them, then come out with my guilty and explanation the next day.

I am sure we would have won if I hadn't been nightkilled :(
Well I did leave the emote for a reason. No risk beyond drawing an investigation on myself, high reward. Another plan that amounted to nothing.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (isolation #73) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

You made a lot of good posts Hark. Try to refine your silly ones. When I make a silly post it's obvious, with yours I wasn't sure if you actually believed what you had written.

Thanks to the moderator for the game & for the scum team not afraid to hard bus each other, generally the lack of f-s everyone had this game was chaotic, but in it's own way fun. Hope to see you all in more games in the future.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1200 (isolation #74) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:58 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

If I bus Blank it's super duper scummy no takebacks but if IV does it it's the coolest damn thing in the world.

More seriously I shouldn't have queued newbie. I'm not an alt, but I've played hundreds of games on a dead website half a decade ago. I thought newbie games were required to get into other queues, and it's only tonight upon looking at these other queues for games to sign up for that I see that it isn't. What everyone else saw was some other newbie going aggro on people, and that was probably scary, and not at all what they were thinking to do.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”