Micro 895: Think Twice (Thanks for Playing!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:54 am

Post by eth0s »

I'm gonna assume tris is not trolling which means whew. I'm glad you're not actually that stubborn and hypocritical as town, mena
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:55 am

Post by eth0s »

Like I said, you got a scum slot, it sucks. And you picked the wrong person to mislynch. Going to destroy your case while you're at the movies
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Menalque »

I mean yeah, wrong person to mislynch, right person to actually lynch bc you're scum

again, why would scum!me come after you not after tris? you can't give me a good answer here because I wouldn't
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Menalque »

gonna be fun reading whatever BS you manage to come up with as to why my case is wrong
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:06 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 548, eth0s wrote:tris I swear to god if you're trolling just please don't

I want to effort but not if you're just fucking with me
incidentally this is fake as fuck lmao
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:07 am

Post by Menalque »

I don't think town!you honestly ever has the thought "oh, tris might be trolling me" when you were scum reading me independently of that

such a blatantly LAMIST post
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:32 am

Post by eth0s »

"there's also the matter of elements. he v conspicuously greets elements when he comes into the thread, and is SRing him for his entrance at 124. now, I'm not sure, but I think that elements wasn't generally particularly seen as scummy when he entered by most of the thread. it was specifically eth0s who called him out early, and even then it was in a kind of weird way. ("No one should particularly love me either since I have one real post and it revolves around tinfoil. So I'll give elements the benefit of the doubt since I don't really feel much to respond to either."

Earlier mena attacked me for apparently TMI'ing on elements by pushing him for something that didn't align with our last game where we were scum together (the fact that ele didn't engage volpe once this game). Part of the reason I even SRed ele to begin with is his entrance and lack of analyzing anything is the EXACT same way he played in our last game. While I don't think I ever stated this it's important.

"However I want him to keep true to 116 rather than just wait around to "be impressed" I guess you could say.

VOTE: elements")

tbh that reads like distancing to me. he's not really trying to get elements through, but he is on a super early vote there."

I wanted him to answer a question while I kept pressure applied. I really don't understand how that's scummy. On a lesser note why would I go from voting my scumbuddy to not voting for the rest of the phase? That would just be idiotic as scum. Which goes against what Mena thinks of my scumplay. In fact (and I know you and I apparently have differing playstyles here, tris) I haven't even voted at all since elements. I have been extremely cautious and wanted saudade to fucking do something useful both times he "died". In fact I wanted you to chime in too, tris.

"then regarding tris, immediately after this, he goes from "tris is my null read but my gut leans scum on that overall" (125) to "Disregard this completely. I thought this was similar to scum!tris play in micro 883 but it is actually like polar opposite I think.

For context that is my only game with her before this one (I think)" (126) and then to "She can be town for now too" (127)

I don't think this is organic. I think this is forced organic. I think probably he did have the thought about you being different between the two games, but I think the first was inserted to try and show that he had a sort of progression there --> from scum!tris to town!tris. I think town probably doesn't feel the need to actually put you in town here after realising their buzz is wrong. it's trying to make too much trajectory from too little information."

yeah. because me not checking my past game with tris beforehand is telling of my alignment...

"I actually think that 139 might be weird in terms of perspective too, actually? eth0s says "yeah, a townflip there means the hammerer is probably scum". so eth0s says that "If he and I are a team then why would I go through all of the trouble to explain why I don't think a quickhammerer would be his scummate there? If that were my angle I would have quickhammered him." only he couldn't quick hammer him bc he knew it was flipping town and was aware of how a town flip based on a super early quick hammer would look. so instead he ends up making the case that not quick hammering supports a world where he and saud aren't the team knowing that if saud does go down then he can use this to make him look townier."

lol

----
little interjection here. Just look at all the times he says "this isn't that strong of a point but idk it's strong enough for me to completely tunnel him without analyzing tris the entire game"

1. "but I'm not putting as much weight in it as this is a smaller game."
2. "honestly, that's not one of the stronger things about eth0s but I think it's still prob worth mentioning. if you think it doesn't make sense then maybe I'm just confbiasing."
3. again, this isn't a major point and I don't think it's condemning of him, but I think it's interesting to look at how it fits into the pattern as a whole
4. again, I know this isn't gonna be the most persuasive thing in the world because it's entirely fmpov
5. I don't see it being beyond scum!eth0s' range to tell ele to ignore someone in the PT to try and create false associationals especially if the plan all along was bussing, but yeah, this one isn't as strong as I thought

so about that scum range? yeah it needs work.

there's a lot of other examples with slights in context but these are the big examples where he has to remind you how weak his case is

anyway
----

"also, I misremembered about elements' interactions from last game. I think it was TL that I was mixing him up with. so no, he doesn't particularly interact with his buddies more than other members of town."
lol

"then there's just some basic contradictions between posts like 277 and 330. this whole period is kind of telling. he doesn't demonstrate where his supposed SR on you went, almost like it never existed at all. he goes straight for 334 where he's calling volpe scum with ele and bussing, including using 335 as support for this theory when he should know that it's no good for proof considering that ignored several slots in MMRT when they were town and actually did interact with eth0s (albeit not loads). again, just check the ISO I linked for him and see for yourself. I don't find it plausible that eth0s would just forget this when that game was so recent."

This is actually a valid point. Luckily I only needed PoE on my side.

BTW look at this string of posts from volpe

In post 328, Volpe14 wrote:From what I read last pages eth0s was town'ing it up against Elem and Saudade was like "who should I vote??", now he gets hammered and say that is quicklynching Elem tomorrow.

I can't see it other way than goon!Saudade/ Godfather!Elements here

They were getting PoE'ed by us therefore they made this theater.

I can be wrong but I don't think so
In post 329, Volpe14 wrote:If saudade is town I think chances of Elem being GF are pretty good because I don't see that hammer coming from a goon too often

Like, he wasn't getting that much heat yet to hammer like that when if goon he would be expendable

/shrug

I think this game is won either way to be fair
In post 330, eth0s wrote:I think the opposite. If saudade flips town I think volpe or tris is GF. Leaning volpe.

Goon absolutely makes that town!saudade hammer because it saves the GF from getting lynched the next day.
now why in the actual hell wouldn't scum!me just go along with her plan since she basically had just let me off the hook? Why would I push volpe so hard after this as scum if I could just help a town!her mislynch tris?

It was also blatantly obvious that the only reason volpe would assume the GF to be the quickhammerer (seriously she had been advocating for powerlynching a quickhammer all game) is because she is feigning ignorance for towncred. Like that's literally it. Point blank.

"then he completely forgets that he was skeptical of you (he still says he may have doubts but he never acts on them)"

again. This doesn't line up at all with how mena perceives my scumplay. He talks about how few mistakes I made in MMRT (a much longer and more complex game than this one) yet apparently I am just making blatant scummy mistakes all over the place this game? uh huh.

"posts after this are from when I'm in the game but eth0s literally doesn't care about giving me the time of day. despite his beliefs of there being a deep wolf he's so set on it being me/ele that his aim from the moment I join is to keep up his momentum against my slot. (374, 392)"

lol

"I honestly have no idea what tf is going on in his argument of 472. why in the world would I use the logic of my obviously about to be flipped scum buddy to try and get you lynched? that's just dumb af for me as scum and you trying to use that as a justification for "MENA IS SCUMCLAIMING" is just false as fuck"

yet that is actually exactly what he did

"I think I've already laid out a thought process for scum you that makes significantly more sense than this one (510), it's up to tris to decide which one she thinks is right bc I'm p sure you're just scum"

the fact that he just felt "confident" enough to immediately vote me without anyone engaging to this shit is actually beyond me
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:33 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 540, Menalque wrote:
In post 534, eth0s wrote:I came in open minded but knowing that any of you had a 66% chance of being scum and reacted to your posts appropriately to that knowledge. you on the other hand have just tried to shade me nonstop throughout my play
** 66.66(repeating)%
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:34 am

Post by eth0s »

"my strength as a player is definitely knowing when someone is making a badly justified push on me"

try working on it the other way around
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:35 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 542, Menalque wrote:but keep coming at me eth0s, I'm not just gonna lie down and let you mislynch me. if you think that this play EVER comes from scum!me or that it's even vaguely within my range then you're clearly talking shit. so either you should be rethinking your play because we're gonna lose as you can't read me at all or you're ignoring what's blatantly in front of you which is me being towny as hell because you need to be intentionally oblivious to how town I am because you're hoping my mislynch is gonna win you the game

all tris needs to do is decide which is more likely here
nice ate
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:35 am

Post by eth0s »

"I would lose absolutely nothing as scum here to just half arse it and go along with what volpe was pushing."

actually you might have won that way
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:37 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 555, Menalque wrote:I don't think town!you honestly ever has the thought "oh, tris might be trolling me" when you were scum reading me independently of that

such a blatantly LAMIST post
In post 536, Menalque wrote:VOTE: eth0s

tris if you're scum GG

if you want me to explain anything else from above, lmk

lol
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:40 am

Post by eth0s »

anyway that's about as much efforting as I am going to do.

If we are gonna play the game of who can come in and type out the most shit then mena can have the win. My case on volpe was 1/4 the size and 100% better. And I didn't have to excuse my thoughts with "I know this is weak but" multiple times

I really don't care for your style of scum, mena, but I get that it's shitty to come into an already losing slot.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:40 am

Post by eth0s »

VOTE: menalque
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:04 am

Post by tris »

In post 518, tris wrote:i don't see why elements would need to ensure saudade gets lynched if ethos is gf. people were saying they townread ethos.
i'd like a response to this from menalque
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:54 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 529, Menalque wrote:I'm gonna ISO eth0s first because I think from his entire reaction here he probably is scum and honestly eth0s if you're town and this is how you're choosing to deal with my slot (especially focussing on volpe who can't explain herself and I can't explain for her) then we prob deserve to lose

like I literally entered the game and you were going "oh sorry you're in a scumslot mena"

your entire behaviour has been geared towards getting me lynched or devaluing my presence in this thread rather than trying to sort me or let me have any impact in the game
yet he voted me before getting to tris
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:58 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 503, Menalque wrote:Like I think I SR page 19 eth0s but I actually kind of TR page 20 Eth0s

Idk if I had to choose now I think tris is more likely town of the two of you

But yeah
I wanna read both your ISOs before I make a decision
In post 524, Menalque wrote:I don't really have time to hard sort this tonight but I might tomorrow afternoon

good to see that your "yeah, I'm gonna go reevaluate the game" was literally just "I'm gonna go case your predecessor"
eth0s

that's cool of u
In post 529, Menalque wrote:
I'm gonna ISO eth0s first
because I think from his entire reaction here he probably is scum and honestly eth0s if you're town and this is how you're choosing to deal with my slot (especially focussing on volpe who can't explain herself and I can't explain for her) then we prob deserve to lose

like I literally entered the game and you were going "oh sorry you're in a scumslot mena"

your entire behaviour has been geared towards getting me lynched or devaluing my presence in this thread rather than trying to sort me or let me have any impact in the game
In post 536, Menalque wrote:VOTE: eth0s
<-------------------

tris if you're scum GG

if you want me to explain anything else from above, lmk
oops
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by tris »

are you done watching your movie?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:11 pm

Post by Menalque »

I am. It was the Jeff Goldblum version of The Fly and it was pretty good imo. However, not sure it was worth 3 hrs of driving to see.

I missed , sorry. Or at least, I didn't realise you wanted me to respond to it. I think you're coming at that from the wrong perspective probably. I don't think it was about getting saudade lynched specifically. I think it was that by hammering there it was incriminating for volpe in a way that would set up lylo even with the knowledge that the goon was going to die for it. Plus it would give eth0s cred for his way too early elements call out and then let him bus hard and early D2 with it all seeming legit.

Like, being honest, ele doesn't have a great scum game. I hit him D1 in MMRT. From scum pov, what's the safer way to a win? (1) Hammer when someone is weak and try to win the 3p lylo, especially when the hammer looks bad for another slot who you can then relentlessly push from that point on, or (2) to try and guide it elsewhere/let the hammer happen more naturally (when there's always the possibility that might shift to one of you) in order to not incriminate elements and then count on him not being the lynch D2. I think that after eth0s' experience with him in MMRT he would probably strongly lean towards option (1) there.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:12 pm

Post by Menalque »

would also like the time to respond to eth0s' case on me because I think some of it is a steaming pile of horseshit
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:14 pm

Post by Menalque »

also ftr tris, I don't blame you if you do hammer me in the end

I think this game was really, really hard to get to a correct solve in if you were playing in it from the beginning and as I said I think eth0s has played a v good scum game to be in this position

I had the advantage of coming in with fresh eyes and knowing that anyone I looked at had a high likelihood of being scum so I think it was easier for me
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:51 am

Post by eth0s »

*insert AtE here*
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:16 pm

Post by eth0s »

:yawn:
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:28 pm

Post by tris »

In post 569, Menalque wrote:would also like the time to respond to eth0s' case on me because I think some of it is a steaming pile of horseshit
when is this going to be?
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by eth0s »

tris can you just end this already please

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”