Newbie 2038: Elements [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:35 am

Post by cylstar »

I've played some irl mafia/werewolf and some online games. I suck at it though.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by cylstar »

In post 38, Mizzytastic wrote:@cylstar, any reason you decided not to vote?
it really is as simple as not being sure of how to vote.
VOTE: c4e5g3d5?
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by cylstar »

It took me about 5 minutes. Oops. I have a bad memory.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by cylstar »

In post 52, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 23, c4e5g3d5 wrote:It's pronounced "c4e5g3d5", hope that clears it up.
Please kindly get an avatar. It helps a lot with keeping a track of the thread when you are skimming though, by aiding in identifying others' posts at a glance
I guess this applied to me as well.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:51 pm

Post by cylstar »

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but what does the text below the username mean?
Like it says
[username]
Mafia Scum
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by cylstar »

I voted c4 because I didn't necessary like his tone as other people have said. I am considering voting 72 since he seems to be quite defensive. Can someone tell me if that is more scummy?
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:07 pm

Post by cylstar »

In post 103, Mizzytastic wrote:
In post 95, cylstar wrote:I voted c4 because I didn't necessary like his tone as other people have said. I am considering voting 72 since he seems to be quite defensive. Can someone tell me if that is more scummy?
You didn't say that though. Your reasoning could totally be read as "this is my rvs vote, I only just figured out how to do it."
It totally was an RVS vote, but the thing that tipped me towards c4 was the reason i stated before. When choosing someone to vote, I don't actually use a random generator or something.
I am sorely tempted to vote Mizzy but I feel like they are more town.

UNVOTE: c4
VOTE: AGamblingPig
This is another RVS vote. Most of the other players I feel are somewhat towny.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by cylstar »

I'm only voting them because they haven't posted that much.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:09 am

Post by cylstar »

In post 118, hunterr wrote:
In post 107, Egix96 wrote:
In post 97, hunterr wrote:
In post 95, cylstar wrote:I voted c4 because I didn't necessary like his tone as other people have said. I am considering voting 72 since he seems to be quite defensive. Can someone tell me if that is more scummy?
Depends on the player, but it's bait to align based on someone being defensive this early imo. Do you think Mizzy pushing 72 to being defensive is towny then?
What do you mean by "bait to align"?
Just being defensive isn't enough for alignment, it's more about the context. Here, cylstar thinks that defensive 72 = scum, which is why I want to know from him if he thinks aggro Mizzy = town.
Obviously I don't think so in all contexts, but basically yes. I read some of their earlier posts as town. Yes I didn't want to ruin relationships with Mizzy. Mostly because I am sick a lot (including at the time of my last post) and sympathise with them. I can't really remember everything they said at this point. I have played social deduction games in which being defensive is an indication of being scum and some where it isn't.
Now that I'm feeling somewhat better I'm going to be busy catching up on school and won't post much.

What is townlock?
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:51 pm

Post by cylstar »

In post 141, hunterr wrote: Empathizing for another in an online forum is sweet but misguided in a game like this. From my perspective it looks like you're trying to marinate Mizzy, maybe you think they're a strong voice and that's why you want to avoid conflict with them? I have an early scum read here.
I would like to say my being non-confrontational is a personality tell, of course. Other than when I am sick and/or angry, I really dislike saying bad things about people, even on the internet. I like to think that I will think the best of everyone.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:55 pm

Post by cylstar »

I will eventually post my reads on people. I am just rereading everything first because I can't really remember what some people have said.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #11) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:09 am

Post by cylstar »

I probably should have posted this earlier but - about the muh 72 thing, I feel like it's perfectly fine to ask a question of someone who hasn't said much. Idk why it was so specific, but I can think of several reasons. I don't know if my reasons are right or even logical.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:10 am

Post by cylstar »

How do replacements work? Like if you had suspicions about the player before they were replaced, do the new suspicions carry over to the replacement?
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by cylstar »

In post 202, Mizzytastic wrote:@cyl: Site rules prohibit talking about someone replacing as it relates to the game because it can be seen as outside interference. I know that's not what you are saying but it's worth getting out there.

Because of the above rule you should treat that slot with the same thoughts you had as before until the new player does something to change it.

Going back to something you mentioned a while back, you mentioned playing other social deduction games, but never specifically replyed to my question about experience. I'd really like to hear an answer, including those other social deduction games, because more than anyone else I think you are the player getting read most based on apparent experience.
I've played werewolf, mafia, and avalon irl, and some online mafia and among us. I haven't played enough of any of them to really understand them, but I have never played a social deduction game where people seriously eliminate N1.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by cylstar »

I'm not exactly sure what that rule means. For instance, am I allowed to compare the actions of the replacement and replaced?
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by cylstar »

My reads, I guess.
Town:
mizzy - they've been active and has 'participated' a lot.

Neutral
c4
jdye
72 - he seemed like he was trying to start discussion but his arguments seem a bit dodgy
hunter/safebet- the fact that safebet has different opinions to hunter gives me town vibes but safebet hasn't said too much yet. I also thought hunter was a bit suspicious so neutral.

Scum
muh - their refusal to answer the question seems anti-town.
gamblingpig - mostly a toneread tbh
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (isolation #16) » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:57 pm

Post by cylstar »

In post 219, cylstar wrote:My reads, I guess.
Town:
mizzy - they've been active and has 'participated' a lot.

Neutral
c4
jdye
72 - he seemed like he was trying to start discussion but his arguments seem a bit dodgy
hunter/safebet- the fact that safebet has different opinions to hunter gives me town vibes but safebet hasn't said too much yet. I also thought hunter was a bit suspicious so neutral.

Scum
muh - their refusal to answer the question seems anti-town.
gamblingpig - mostly a toneread tbh
Upon rereading pig's posts, I'm not sure what I was thinking before. I don't really want to put muh at E-1 though.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (isolation #17) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by cylstar »

Oof, I forgot about this game for a while. I've got a class soon but I'm not too sure what Mizzy means. I will be catching up soon.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (isolation #18) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:53 am

Post by cylstar »

Some quick thoughts before I have to leave:
My writing style is always pretty neutral. It might make some of your reads NAI. I've sort of come to terms with being lynched and hopefully provided some discussion so there will be more information if I do get lynched.
I had a specific toneread on pig at some point that bothered me, but then I forgot it before I could share it. I guess it's nice that people are voting the same as me now?
Anticipating swinging vote counts, I will say that I will continue voting pig for the foreseeable future.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #340 (isolation #19) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:48 am

Post by cylstar »

I might not post for the rest of the day, so:
Regarding my supposed experience, irl mafia has a lot of differences. for one, people don't have records of everything people say, and the 'loud' people tend to dominate the conversation. I've only really played these games with people I know pretty well. I also never said I was good at irl mafia. Scumhunting is even harder and my only strategy as mafia is to lurk.

72 being so accusatory is weird, but I don't know what to attribute it to. But it's good how they are trying to raise activity levels, I guess

I definitely felt like people were voting muh for only one small reason (their evading the question) which made me suspect people were jumping on the 'easy' wagon. This sort of reasoning will probably lead me to WIFOM but...
I've got to go back and reread what made mizzy and 72 vote Pig
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (isolation #20) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by cylstar »

Interesting. So it could be both mafia forgetting to kill or a successful doctor save?
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #362 (isolation #21) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by cylstar »

Or jailkeeper, I forgot.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #372 (isolation #22) » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by cylstar »

I'm also leaning scum for egix, especially because of his last post.

I think we should look off the wagon, and maybe 72. I haven't made up my mind for 72 yet. I find muh to be sort of town now.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (isolation #23) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:10 pm

Post by cylstar »

I'm having exam period currently, as well as other commitments.
In post 398, safebet222 wrote:
In post 372, cylstar wrote: I find muh to be sort of town now.
Care to elaborate on that, cyl?
Idk, innocent until proven guilty? Well, also the fact that they were voting me when they could have voted AGP and have less pressure on themselves. If I remember the timing right that is...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”