Newbie 2038: Elements [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:20 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 241, JDye wrote:VOTE: 72offsuit

Not been a fan of quite of few of their posts. Think their push for the mizzy wagon is founded on very little. For someone who found me not voting to be "concerning", I think it's a little hypocritical to have not moved their vote since post # and haven't given any sort of reasoning for other people to put their vote there. If they think mizzy is scum, shouldn't they try to push us to vote them?

@
, could you post a read list? You haven't really given your thoughts on anyone in the game other than mizzy.
Sure.

Town +++++++++++++ 72os

Not worth mentioning: cyl,egix, c4

Scumlean: Hunter/safebet, Bipolar/Dye, Mizzy, muh

Scum: GamblingPig
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:22 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 112, c4e5g3d5 wrote:ISOs:

Bipolar -- Nothing particularly telling yet IMO
AGamblingPig -- His only real read so far is his Bipolar read and it's basically a toneread so I don't feel like I can say much here yet.
Mizzy -- Tunneling someone in a vacuum is generally NAI and avoiding tunneling someone is good but Mizzy's treatment of cyl is horribly inconsistent with Mizzy's treatment of me.
hunterr -- Initial vote on me reads as obligatory contribution based on the only thing he can find to talk about. Eventually he gives an actual reason with original thought though so that's nice.
c4 -- Can't read this guy at all
cyl -- Looks like he's genuinely trying to figure out the game.
72 -- Beyond the spam he's doing a good job of being a newbie-stimulating SE.
muh316 -- hmmm
Egix -- See 72 but less so because of the relative shortage of posts.
This readslist feels like playing nicey-nicey with everyone. Bit of a brown-noser, inoffensive, buddying sort of post. Scummy
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:23 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 194, c4e5g3d5 wrote:
In post 182, muh316 wrote:
In post 172, c4e5g3d5 wrote:muh definitely looks worse, not because of this, but because he's been a far bigger lurker than Egix.
How so?
Before this recent string of posts, you simply had less content than Egix. That's different now, though, so that's a plus for you.
In post 188, Egix96 wrote:What's so bad about mindmeld reads?
It's the perfect way to generate both tunneling and pocketing.

Keeping a vote based on a microread this long is unhelpful so UNVOTE: Mizzytastic. Looking at the player list, the people who haven't had a significant positive impression on me at any point are muh, Egix and AGamblingPig.

For the most part I agree with 72's points on muh; lurking and then returning with a WIFOM defense is NAGL, and the whole "72 wouldn't gain much traction" thing is plain scummy.
Egix not caring about lurking accusations thrown at him is NAI IMO. That leaves just the lurking, with a bit of content in between.
Pig is now the lowest poster I believe. When he was posting he was putting thought into his posts, though.

VOTE: muh316
until further notice
This feels a bit over-explainy to me. Scum mindest of guilty consience... know they are guilty ... feel the need to overexplain things that need 0 explaining
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:27 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 218, safebet222 wrote:Ok... so here are some initial thoughts...

Page 1
- RVS was RVS. I don't think anyone was being serious getting on 72 spamming the thread, seemed pretty arbitrary. I don't think 72 was getting particularly annoyed by getting called out either, seemed a pretty tongue in cheek response to me. I read nothing AI on this page.

Page 2
The Mizzy-C4 (Chess moves - yeah - the English - c4 e5 g3 d5) exchange I think was Mizzy just trying to drag this game quickly out of RVS and c4 still wanting to goof off. Still nothing particularly AI, imo. In other words, I disagree with Mizzy:
In post 37, Mizzytastic wrote:I think c4's response is +town (not worried about defending self, comfortable with rvs being a good enough reason).

I took a peek at some of 72's games and he seems to post a lot. I think activity is NAI and spam is anti-town in general but his reaction to being called on it feels +town. Scum are less comfy expressing that sort of frustration.
I don't think you can make a read on c4 up to this point and I don't think 72 was reacting adversely to the spamming thing... I think he was making a joke. I digress.

I'm going to keep my opinion of the hunterr-Mizzy interaction to myself for now... not sure how much it would help seeing as I subbed for hunterr...

Page 3
- So for me 72 voting Mizzy for the overall LAMIST feel seems like 72 is just annoyed at Mizzy misinterpreting 72's responses.

Page 4
-
In post 94, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 90, Mizzytastic wrote:I could vote cyl or Bipolar right now. I wanna hear from them both before hand though.

hunterr's unvote is making me move him back towards town. Its easy to unvote at E-1 early for town points but his reasoning beyond that felt genuine to me
This feels like classic newbscum.

Mindset preoccupied with people earning town points, because thats what Mazzy themself are trying to do as scum - trying to appear town.
I don't know 72... Mizzy is being a spaz but this is the second time you warned them about this and they haven't stopped yet. Seems like you are pulling an SE card with the "classic newbscum" quip. I mean we're just impressionable noobs, right?

Page 5
The 72 - Mizzy exchange just makes me scumread 72 more and more...

Page 6
Muh appears! I mean being generally inactive is not good for town I am told. But I don't know if this is an IRL busy thing or if the 72-muh interaction on p.6 are scum trying put some distance between them.

Again I'll stay away from the hunterr posts...

Page 7

In post 157, 72offsuit wrote: Join me on the Mizzy wagon and let the "noteworthy" posts sally forth.
Man... it might be time to check my confirmation bias here...

Page 8
Welcome JDye (shouldn't he be welcoming me?)! So lots going on here for me. I think the JDye entrance clarified some of my reads... more on that below...

So in general my current in no particular order are:

townreads (for now)
JDye
cyl
c4

Mizzy... I do townread them but I don't necessarily agree with their vote analysis that there is at least 1 scum on the original c4 E-1 wagon or that one of the 4 2-vote wagons on page 8 have scum. I think its equally as plausible that scum isn't in either of these groups. However I don't think they are LAMIST... while I don't wish anyone to be sick... I do think Mizzy has been an easier to deal with since taking the paracetemol... they were just all over the place... it was too much noise.

Muh is neutral for me... I could entertain a 72/muh scum team... but I could just as easily see muh as IRL busy and the activity until page 8 as NAI.

Egix - also neutral... although it does strike me as plausible that both scum are low activity SE's

GPig - no read at all... again not sure if the activity is AI or not... I suppose I'll eventually learn to read folks like this

72off- right now my scumread... but (how's this for a poker analogy) I'm either way ahead or way behind on this read... What I mean is that I can't figure out why he is continuing to drum up a train on Mizzy... I just think it too obvious for it to be a scumplay... is that what TSTBS means? Too scummy to be scum... but perhaps thats the ploy? ahhh... I have to go to bed...

UNVOTE: cyl VOTE: 72offsuit

See you all tomorrow... I'll drop by on my lunch break.

Id actually like you to talk about the hunter posts.
Given a large part of how i read your slot is based on hunter, its a worthwhile exercise.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:29 am

Post by 72offsuit »

Updated readslist:

Town +++++++++++++ 72os

Not worth mentioning: cyl,egix

Scumlean: Hunter/safebet, Bipolar/Dye, Mizzy, muh, c4

72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:31 am

Post by 72offsuit »

Need to consolidate on a kick for today with deadline fast approaching, and need enough time for a claim as well.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:33 am

Post by 72offsuit »

The fact cylstar is at E-2 and was still sitting on a solo GamblingPig wagon, whom noone really expressed interest in kicking throughout the thread, ie not being survivalistic, alone points towards more likely !towncyl than !scumcyl imo.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:18 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 280, 72offsuit wrote:Need to consolidate on a kick for today with deadline fast approaching, and need enough time for a claim as well.
In post 281, 72offsuit wrote:The fact cylstar is at E-2 and was still sitting on a solo GamblingPig wagon, whom noone really expressed interest in kicking throughout the thread, ie not being survivalistic, alone points towards more likely !towncyl than !scumcyl imo.
I could totally join you there. I'm more mixed on cyl but I agree with your take on Pig, think you are probably town (other than a weird relationship with the hunterr slot but that'd be a pre flip associative) and cyl basically hasn't responded to pressure so seeing how she respond to this might be more helpful. And you are right on the consolidation totally.

Yeah, I've talked myself into it

VOTE: AGamblingPig

Bit surprised by your reads list (no town leans at all, really?) but I think you'd know it looks weird and could manufacture one or two as scum to make it stand out less.
c4e5g3d5
c4e5g3d5
Townie
c4e5g3d5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:23 am

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Four wagons wtf

Wagons from best elim to worst: muh Pig 72 cyl
AGamblingPig
AGamblingPig
Goon
AGamblingPig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:17 am

Post by AGamblingPig »

Oh boy, this sure has gone tits up for me all of a sudden. Let me try to quickly get this catch up done before you all have time to string me up.
Pathological liar with good intentions.
Queer for your pleasure
AGamblingPig
AGamblingPig
Goon
AGamblingPig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:34 am

Post by AGamblingPig »

In post 266, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 167, AGamblingPig wrote:I don't have any defense for my posting so far other than I haven't played text mafia in close to a decade and am super rusty when it comes to developing reads. Your thorough analysis from you first post does make me feel better about removing my vote from Bipolar. My read on them was admittedly weak.

Based on how I'd been following the thread my next target was 72, but having read him in isolation I'm now convinced my sketch read on him was just gas.

SO now I'm going toVOTE: Muh316. He said last night that he was going to start participating more but since then has 4 posts none of which have any real game content besides refusing, repeatedly to give a read on hunterr when asked by 72. His posts read more like prod dodging, which could be scummy to avoid attention

This post is scummy +++

1. The write-off of his gut-scum-vibe on me as being "just gas" is horrible. It doesnt fit a town mindset to build pressure. The "just gas" deflates pressure on a player (myself).
I think !townPig would be much more likely to give more time to let his gutread play out over several more pages/posts, rather than give the read away so early.

2. The vote on muh feels like scum opportunistically voting for low hanging fruit. I'd say muh is just the punching bag low-hanging fruit town jester.
The transition of Pig from gut-scum-reading me to dismissing that and then voting for muh fits !scumPig agenda.

1. The "Just gas" this was a call back to an earlier post where I said I couldn't explain my feeling, and that it was probably "just gas." It was a joking reference to a previous joke.
In post 113, AGamblingPig wrote:
In post 112, c4e5g3d5 wrote:ISOs:

AGamblingPig -- His only real read so far is his Bipolar read and it's basically a toneread so I don't feel like I can say much here yet.

I'm also getting a sketch vibe from 72, but I can't really explain it at this point, so I haven't talked about. It's probably just gas.

2. Abandoning a gut read with no real basis for a target I have actual reasons to vote is scummy? Sure jan.
Queer for your pleasure
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 273, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 48, hunterr wrote:But yes, I do think that "cus RVS lol" is a cop-out from c4 and my votes stays on him.
Re Hunter:

Didnt like this post -
any re-affirmation of vote is scummy
. Why the need to re-draw attention to who you are voting? Town doesnt need to holler out and say look at me.
Town needs to present a solid logical case as to why someone is scum and to convince their fellow townies of their case.
I disagree tbh.
In post 276, 72offsuit wrote:This readslist feels like playing nicey-nicey with everyone. Bit of a brown-noser, inoffensive, buddying sort of post. Scummy
In post 277, 72offsuit wrote:This feels a bit over-explainy to me. Scum mindest of guilty consience... know they are guilty ... feel the need to overexplain things that need 0 explaining
I guess I can kinda see the first one if I squint hard enough? I agree with the second one more though.
In post 279, 72offsuit wrote:Updated readslist:

Town +++++++++++++ 72os

Not worth mentioning: cyl,egix

Scumlean: Hunter/safebet, Bipolar/Dye, Mizzy, muh, c4

How do you have so many scum leans :?

Also you have Mizzy as a scum lean yet you imply that they're town in , what's up with that?
In post 281, 72offsuit wrote:The fact cylstar is at E-2 and was still sitting on a solo GamblingPig wagon, whom noone really expressed interest in kicking throughout the thread, ie not being survivalistic, alone points towards more likely !towncyl than !scumcyl imo.
Considering that she's only made one post recently, I'd say this is a premature judgement.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Egix96 »

Regarding AGP, the only issue I have with him is that some of his posts (e.g. , ) have weird tone. I actually get town vibes from the last paragraph of , and seems more like TSTBS than an actual scumslip.
AGamblingPig
AGamblingPig
Goon
AGamblingPig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:24 am

Post by AGamblingPig »

@MOD Can we get a vote count?
Queer for your pleasure
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:52 am

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 1.9
Neon, 10Ne
— noble gas, standard atomic weight 20.180, group 18, period 2, p-block

AGamblingPig
(3): , ,
cylstar
(2): ,
muh316
72offsuit

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-11-06 06:30:00)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:54 am

Post by Umlaut »

muh316 was prodded.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
safebet222
safebet222
Goon
safebet222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:02 am

Post by safebet222 »

My wagons in order:

Muh
Apig
safebet222
safebet222
Goon
safebet222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:14 am

Post by safebet222 »

In post 278, 72offsuit wrote: Id actually like you to talk about the hunter posts.
Given a large part of how i read your slot is based on hunter, its a worthwhile exercise.
I will when I get off work.
safebet222
safebet222
Goon
safebet222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:17 am

Post by safebet222 »

In the meantime let's give folks an even narrower choice.

UNVOTE: 72offsuit VOTE: muh316
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:18 am

Post by muh316 »

I'll update tonight. Sorry weekdays have been really busy for me and keeping up with the election has made me even more unproductive today.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:53 am

Post by cylstar »

Some quick thoughts before I have to leave:
My writing style is always pretty neutral. It might make some of your reads NAI. I've sort of come to terms with being lynched and hopefully provided some discussion so there will be more information if I do get lynched.
I had a specific toneread on pig at some point that bothered me, but then I forgot it before I could share it. I guess it's nice that people are voting the same as me now?
Anticipating swinging vote counts, I will say that I will continue voting pig for the foreseeable future.
JDye
JDye
Goon
JDye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:05 am

Post by JDye »

Wait, let me get this right.... You voted Pig in # because he was inactive. You then had a toneread on him so you left your vote on him. You then made a read list where you say you no longer have that toneread (#). You now think he's scummy again and you're going to keep voting him.
JDye
JDye
Goon
JDye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:06 am

Post by JDye »

Weird that both 72 and Mizzy started leaning towards town!cyl and started FOSing AGamblingPig within a very short amount of time. 72 being opportunistic when it looks like town is going to move in a certain direction?
JDye
JDye
Goon
JDye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:09 am

Post by JDye »

In post 286, Egix96 wrote:
In post 273, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 48, hunterr wrote:But yes, I do think that "cus RVS lol" is a cop-out from c4 and my votes stays on him.
Re Hunter:

Didnt like this post -
any re-affirmation of vote is scummy
. Why the need to re-draw attention to who you are voting? Town doesnt need to holler out and say look at me.
Town needs to present a solid logical case as to why someone is scum and to convince their fellow townies of their case.
I disagree tbh.
I'm in complete agreement with Egix here. I don't think re-affirming your reasons for voting is scummy and given the context in which it was said (Mizzy and Hunterr talking about their read on C4 and their reaction to their early vote) it doesn't seem very scummy to me.
JDye
JDye
Goon
JDye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:14 am

Post by JDye »

In post 291, safebet222 wrote:My wagons in order:

Muh
Apig
In post 218, safebet222 wrote:Muh is neutral for me... I could entertain a 72/muh scum team... but I could just as easily see muh as IRL busy and the activity until page 8 as NAI.
Safebet read muh as neutral but now they're their second favourite elim candidate? What's muh done to move them from neutral to above Pig for an elim? If you think it's 72/muh (don't really think we should be looking at game solves a this point) why not keep your vote on 72?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”