Newbie 2104 | Wikipedia Articles | Game Over!

thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he

Post Post #197 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by thewingfan »

So I'm new to this site and all. But play ALL the time elsewhere on forums. This thing bugs me a bit.

"Think less when posting, nobody will get mad if you're slightly unclear, just answer questions and show genuine interest, but I will get annoyed by Day 2 if I can't get read on you just fyi"

Where I normally play, we have players who I can't read by D5 or D6. But then again a day lasts like 8 hours normally there. D2 seems a bit impatient to me?
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:20 pm

Post by thewingfan »

In post 144, Thynhith wrote:puts math hat on I don't think that's right at all. There are 2/9 scum, so let's say you randomly pick 2 people. P(1 scum) = (2/9)*(7/9)*2 = 28/81 = 35%
Whatever the math, I don't care for your "highly likely possibility" statement. It smacks of guesswork and fabrication. I don't know if that's intentional. I'm willing to listen though, if you can analyse what makes it so likely to be TvM.

When you posted this (8 AM) local time it was too early for math. It is now 9PM in the evening and its still too early to do math :D
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:28 pm

Post by thewingfan »

In post 195, Sterling the steampunk wrote:welcome thewingfan, now before we start, are you mafia?
Thanks I've already posted some. No I'm not a baddie, and I'm not all to interesting either. But then I don't think anyone would freely admit to being a baddie would they?
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:06 pm

Post by thewingfan »

In post 206, Thynhith wrote:
In post 197, thewingfan wrote:So I'm new to this site and all. But play ALL the time elsewhere on forums. This thing bugs me a bit.

"Think less when posting, nobody will get mad if you're slightly unclear, just answer questions and show genuine interest, but I will get annoyed by Day 2 if I can't get read on you just fyi"

Where I normally play, we have players who I can't read by D5 or D6. But then again a day lasts like 8 hours normally there. D2 seems a bit impatient to me?
Just fyi, D1 is 10 days and every game-day hence is 7 real days. So games can drag on for a looong time (but tend to speed up when we have more info). By the time D2 starts I have a good read on maybe half the players.
Anyway, welcome to the game! Looking forward to hearing fresh thoughts
Thanks, but i don't know how much help I'm gonna be. Other than wrapping my head around a single day here, being as long as an entire game where I normally play at. I largely play with the same core group of folks over and over so kind of know how everyone plays so that's a challenge too. Add in trying to learn a whole new set of terminology. and my long time stance that D1 is for excrements and giggles.

Gonna be a STEEP learning curve.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:21 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 216, Sterling the steampunk wrote:thewingfan, I like you already

Give it time. Not that I'm unlikeable but I come from the school of Spenser.

And Spenser's Crimebusters Tipbook since when you don't know anything annoy someone.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:28 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 208, faüstiv wrote:
In post 207, thewingfan wrote:
In post 206, Thynhith wrote:
In post 197, thewingfan wrote:So I'm new to this site and all. But play ALL the time elsewhere on forums. This thing bugs me a bit.

Just fyi, D1 is 10 days and every game-day hence is 7 real days. So games can drag on for a looong time (but tend to speed up when we have more info). By the time D2 starts I have a good read on maybe half the players.
Anyway, welcome to the game! Looking forward to hearing fresh thoughts
Thanks, but i don't know how much help I'm gonna be. Other than wrapping my head around a single day here, being as long as an entire game where I normally play at. I largely play with the same core group of folks over and over so kind of know how everyone plays so that's a challenge too. Add in trying to learn a whole new set of terminology. and my long time stance that D1 is for excrements and giggles.

Gonna be a STEEP learning curve.
do you have any initial reads?
Apologies if this is a double post.... but I wanted to make sure this got answered and even though I hit submit and was told it did get posted.....I don't see it.

VOTE: Maestro

I don't like how quick he was to jump on Sterling for what looked to me to be newbie confusion. I could very well be projecting my own confusion on to Sterling but this forum system doesn't make any sense-yet
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:29 am

Post by thewingfan »

Also can someone tell me what the heck RVS means????!!
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:33 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 246, kkirigiri wrote:
In post 243, thewingfan wrote:
VOTE: Maestro

I don't like how quick he was to jump on Sterling for what looked to me to be newbie confusion. I could very well be projecting my own confusion on to Sterling but this forum system doesn't make any sense-yet
I think Sterling's continuation from when he was first voted by Maestro is more telling than Maestro's scumslip theory.
I haven't cleared ANYONE as 100% town. At home site it takes me 3 game days (72 hours) for me to get an idea on who's bad and who's town. Also remember this is with a core group of folks I know relatively well so.....might take me longer.

What I did read Sterling as was a confused newbie to this site that asked an unfortunate question in the forum instead of PMing the Mod.

He could well be bad, but its not something I would think to hang him over.

Right now I'm just trying to poke a hornets nest to see what comes out. Which is is my preferred tool when I have no idea what the heck to do.

As for others outside of wanting to hang people for making me figure out mathematical equations I've got nada.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:45 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 251, Maestro wrote:Yeah the time to vote me for "jumping on newbie confusion" as some kind of punishment is long past
If you're talking about my vote. Keep in mind please that I JUST GOT HERE. I don't mean it to be a punishment. It was the one thing from my skimming of eight pages of discussion that stuck out. No one has to agree, and I am likely to move as we go along.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:20 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 257, Maestro wrote:Why do you have nada? Why does it take you 3 days to get an idea who's good/bad...?

Do we have 1 player who's used to Days that take weeks and 1 player that's used to whole games taking A week? This is going to be an interesting game...
To answer both your questions. Yes I am used to 1 day being like 8 hours, followed by an 8 hour night. So I think a fair comparison to hear would be 3 IRL days. And yes I know games been going on and yada yada I read all the historical stuff. I can read stuff that happened all I want its not the same as me being here and interacting with folks.

As bad as analogy as it is I need the tactile stimulation of interacting with everyone-if that makes sense.

Also this game feels both slower than and faster than what I'm used to at the same time.

Time moves quicker yes, but its a rush to judgment here or that's what it felt like reading the 8 pages of the thread that I came into here. Now granted I'm more used to a game where there are 20-30ish players and a lot of convoluted mechanics that we may or may not be told about depending on the game.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:28 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 312, kkirigiri wrote:I like those analyses by faust, at the very least I feel like I can firm up my estimation of him as town.

@Thynith, ceejay, what are your reactions? Do you feel as if he's arguing in bad faith, or do you think he's town who is simply wrong about you?

I know this wasn't directed to me but I found my self nodding along to faust's reasoning also.

VOTE: ceejay
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #354 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:59 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 323, kkirigiri wrote:I find it intriguing that you go for ceejay specifically though, especially when you're basically announcing that you sheep his reads, and then not vote the person that faust is actually voting.
This was more to create a 3 way tie. I know its a bit early given we have what 4ish days left but I was interested to see how things shook out.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #355 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:09 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 342, ceejayvinoya wrote:Also this @wingfan. It really is curious that I got voted in place of Thynhith without mention as to why. Do I look worse than Thynhith? Is Thynhith townier than I am? Are you convinced were both mafia?

I just answered this in my post to kk. I found myself nodding with faust a lot, and after looking at the counts I wanted to see who moved where in a 3 way tie scenario.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:09 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 440, catboi wrote:I do want to hear from the people who haven't posted since the claim but I decided based on what thyn is saying I'm okay with taking the risky path and voting sterling today.
Sorry for my absence yesterday. Unexpected dryer drama-as in it broke and we spent the day finding a new one and getting it installed....

And today I need to dispose of about a gazillion leaves-color me excited....

At any rate. I'm caught up tp this point.

Couple thoughts as I get caught up.

1. I have the philosophy that we shouldn't hang the scouts. Granted I'm used to games with more people and more roles and stuff. I did see people asking Sterling who he scouted. Question-Since we are still in D1, Has he had an opportunity to scout?

2. kk's fakeclaim. They didn't and said they thought about it to try to see who jumped. They didn't do it. Last game at home site, someone actually did this and we didn't believe anyone would be brazen enough to do this, but they did and it worked. Had kk done this and we hanged Sterling, and Sterling were revealed to be the cop after all we'd have had a MASSIVE distraction on D2 if not a runaway train. I feel better that kk said that they just considered doing it, and didn't, but I've ticked a question mark there.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:15 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 456, faüstiv wrote:VOTE: Thrynhith

sheep me. this is scum.
Personal rule when someone you think is town stands on a table....follow.

VOTE: Thryn
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #491 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:43 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 481, Maestro wrote:If you are Town Tracker or Town Friendly Neighbor you should probably claim now, honestly we can probably massclaim popcorn-style* so we can have any potential CCs locked in and out in the open to solve this game. We're in Row 2 of the setup, if some peeps haven't noticed, so us doing the claims as a Town is helpful for figuring out whether we just have 1 Goon to worry about or whether there is another Mafia PR who could mess up Night action(s). Everybody should be looking over what happened with the relatively quick Sterling hammer yesterday and who was trying to lead us away from that kill over the course of the Day. Ceejay is not automatically cleared; it should go without saying but SEs have the sense to make a quick hammer play to shut up an unhelpful or obviously-doomed teammate.

I'm a VT, and I would popcorn to Faust bc the whiteknight of Sterling yesterday looks as bad as I said it did. We're almost certainly getting rid of you today, bud. Sorry.
Are mass role claims the preferred method here? If so I'm likely to not play on this site again. I personally detest them. It takes the fun out of the game for me.

I got hanged for standing on a table on this and refusing to do it at my home site on principle and I was town then.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #493 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:45 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 489, kkirigiri wrote:I don't really understand how mass-claiming here helps the town.
We're eliminating faust in this phase, no two ways about it. If anyone still needs convincing then I can think of three separate reasons why he makes overwhelmingly the most sense as Sterling's scum partner, and will elaborate on them if asked.
And if on the off-chance his play is him being town in some idiosyncratic way that I have not accounted for, letting the scum have a stab at the PRs with a chance of missing is beneficial to us in Day 3 scenarios (at that point claims
would
make more sense).
Yes please elaborate.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #494 (isolation #17) » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:47 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 490, faüstiv wrote:It's either Wayward Son or ceejay. At the moment, I'm tempted to believe that ceejay voted his doomed scumbuddy to gain towncred, but I'll reread D1 again to establish a more solid read.
Given the timeframe of when Wayward Son joined the game, do you think they had time to formulate a plan or did they just pull a name from the hat and get lucky? Percentage play out of those two is ceejay.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #560 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:11 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 526, Wayward Son wrote:The fact that Thynhith was the NK also adds another

Have you considered the possibility that he's not the baddie and whomever is killed Thryn as a framejob?

I mean he screamed up and down late D1 that Thryn was bad. Steampunk got hanged. If he's bad why the bleepity bleep would he go off and kill the player he wanted to hang?

Either he didn't kill Thryn or he'd have to have schemed out being able to point to that argument, which he hasn't.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #561 (isolation #19) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:24 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 549, catboi wrote:Basically, we're not going to win this game through role claims, and I actually find the frustration that the suggestion we claim to be suspicious? It has a hint of scum salt at what he perceives as an unfair strategy.
Hang me for it then. Didn't care when I got hanged for it before. Don't now. It was an honest question about game philosophy on this site. If I can expect every game I enter to jump to role claims I have no interest in playing here.

I'm used to games that are much less formularic. I prefer to get into the nuts and bolts of a game, figure out who's who through pressure and detective work. Mass claims in my opinion always favor the town. Don't have to be town to consider winning unfairly to be not cool. If you don't mind games like that that's cool and all.

Also-I like chaos. Have a reputation for being chaotic, and mass role claims take chaos out of it.

tl;dr. I care less about winning than I do having fun and the game being fair.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #566 (isolation #20) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:52 am

Post by thewingfan »

If it were faust then he would recognise that he couldn't continue to push Thyn regardless of what he'd said on Day 1 if that were so, so logically he had to kill him and push elsewhere.
Disagree. If I were faust there, I'd have let Thryn live another day maybe 2, their name wouldn't have been typed by my hands again unless someone else brought it up.

My point is if faust was bad, faust didn't need Thryn dead on N1-or really at all. Killing them almost assuredly would make him the obvious choice on D2.

Either he's being framed, or he was hoping to double bluff his way back into cover.

In post 564, kkirigiri wrote:Though surely you recognise there'll be times toward the end of certain games where it's important for the town to claim.
From a town perspective as a last ditch, if we don't we lose I get why its done, and then I tend to go with it. Though my personal belief is if the town is in that position and has to resort to that to win-then they don't deserve to win.

We're not anywhere near a last ditch effort though, and my frustration if any here was that it was brought up....on D2...when we just hanged a baddie.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #599 (isolation #21) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:38 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 591, catboi wrote:First, have you looked at the post for this game that shows the setup? It kind of feels like you haven't. No shame if so, but really go back and look at it.

This setup is not one that can be broken by mass claiming. It's designed that way. So any concern about it being "unfair" is out the window. That is the way basically all games are designed and run on this site, and there is a lot of knowledge that has been passed down through the years on how to do this. I understand that in other communities, setups are often not as balanced as so can often be broken by claiming, so people develop a resentment of claiming that leads to them essentially throwing against their team. It happened on epic mafia, it happened in the public lobbies I've seen for mafia.gg. I don't really think this is a good way of playing the game, though. It's essentially choosing to play badly to compensate for the fact that you're playing a poorly designed setup.

I personally find intentionally hamstringing yourself to make a game 'fair' to be incredibly unfun. my idea of a fun game is one where both teams try hard to win and make the game challenging for one another. Going "I'm going to play badly so scum feel they have a chance" feels wrong and I'd be pretty upset if I played someone who said that.

At any rate, games being broken by mass claim is not even remotely a concern here. Even with claiming being a perfectly accepted strategy, the normal queue still runs something like a 60% scum win rate. You are never going to have to worry about claims making games unfair. towns have a hard enough time here as it is.
See its the other way where I play I would guess 60% of the time the town wins out where I normally play. I don't think the issue is balance. But I think everyone crafts their games with the intent that the number one advantage for the baddies is their ability to hide, and I would say that 95% of the time no one suggests a mass role claim unless either things are extremely dire, OR the game is so badly crafted that yeah it needs to be done to jailbreak the game.

I'm just not interested in playing games were every single time this discussion comes up. So I'll see this one out and then after that, I'm done here.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #638 (isolation #22) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by thewingfan »

In post 608, kkirigiri wrote:Both wingfan and Wayward look like votebait and I hope I get answers to them before the phase is hammered.
Votebait?

I still don't think faust is bad.

catboi suggests that my suggestion that faust could have been framed by another baddie with a kill of Thryn doesn't make sense. As immature or childish as my play might be if I were the baddie its exactly what I would have done.

Chaos bringer remember?

Bad TWF kills of Thryn and hopes for a chaotic dayand hopes faust gets hanged and then kills off a target hoping to frame someone else and so on.

My leans for the baddie are catboi and ceejay.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #641 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:08 pm

Post by thewingfan »

In post 640, catboi wrote:But I get the sense you're not really actually reading what's being said, just skimming over stuff atp

My views are immature and childish apparently. (yeah that's not going away) We disagree on ALOT. I'm telling you what I would do. The narrative I am suggesting makes sense to me. Because as I said
its what I would have done
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #643 (isolation #24) » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:30 pm

Post by thewingfan »

In post 642, catboi wrote:
In post 641, thewingfan wrote:
In post 640, catboi wrote:But I get the sense you're not really actually reading what's being said, just skimming over stuff atp

My views are immature and childish apparently. (yeah that's not going away) We disagree on ALOT. I'm telling you what I would do. The narrative I am suggesting makes sense to me. Because as I said
its what I would have done
"it's what I would have done" is an incredibly poor heuristic for solving games. Why would you assume everyone plays exactly the way you do? People's experience and background with the game all differ. There is no reason to believe someone else would think that way. I'm telling you that I have seen almost no one who does make kills that way. So why should I listen to you on this?
And yet you want to assume everyone is playing the way you would? Its fine that you want to say you don't think someone here wouldn't play that way. Despite my fear I'm going to get some snide commentary on how I'm childish or an idiot.....I'll ask.

Why wouldn't a baddie find a convienient fall guy to cover a kill?

And for that matter since you said I hadn't addressed it. Thryn hinted at being a power townie and that's why they were killed. Then its 2 birds with one stone. baddie kills a power townie, and then has a fall guy.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #661 (isolation #25) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:57 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 649, kkirigiri wrote:To be honest, I'm not really as interested in what the destination of your thinking is, more the journey you took to get there - I'm confused as to why you think it's the fact that Thynhith died that implicates faust (or that he was framed, in your words).

I think both your answers have been helpful though.
Taking names of on it

-We have Player X (faust) who near the end of D1 said Player Y (Thryn) was bad.
-Thryn was nk'd and revealed to be the town cop.

Thryn winding up dead was suboptimal for for Player X because it was obvious that Player X for whatever reason was trying to start a train on Player Y.

If you don't believe Player X, than none of this really matters.

If you do buy what Player X is selling, or aren't sure you do, then I think you need to consider that anyone with half a brain as bad likely would nk any other townie other than the one they were trying to start a train on?

Simply this, if one thought I was likely going to have to answer some hard questions to begin with on D2, why would one add more hard questions to answer for?

I really don't understand why this is a hard concept to discuss.

and after sleeping on it, so I didn't do this in the heat of the moment....

VOTE: catboi

I don't appreciate the insults, but outside of that, other than calling it stupid and suggesting no one plays like that here, he's pushing very hard against this argument without a heck of a lot of substance. My stubborn Midwesterner is coming out here but I'm not moving.

Now I'm out for the day. I really don't want to get into a heated argument again, and after yard work I just intend to watch some football and take it easy today.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #662 (isolation #26) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:57 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 649, kkirigiri wrote:To be honest, I'm not really as interested in what the destination of your thinking is, more the journey you took to get there - I'm confused as to why you think it's the fact that Thynhith died that implicates faust (or that he was framed, in your words).

I think both your answers have been helpful though.
Taking names of on it

-We have Player X (faust) who near the end of D1 said Player Y (Thryn) was bad.
-Thryn was nk'd and revealed to be the town cop.

Thryn winding up dead was suboptimal for for Player X because it was obvious that Player X for whatever reason was trying to start a train on Player Y.

If you don't believe Player X, than none of this really matters.

If you do buy what Player X is selling, or aren't sure you do, then I think you need to consider that anyone with half a brain as bad likely would nk any other townie other than the one they were trying to start a train on?

Simply this, if one thought I was likely going to have to answer some hard questions to begin with on D2, why would one add more hard questions to answer for?

I really don't understand why this is a hard concept to discuss.

and after sleeping on it, so I didn't do this in the heat of the moment....

I don't appreciate the insults, but outside of that, other than calling it stupid and suggesting no one plays like that here, he's pushing very hard against this argument without a heck of a lot of substance. My stubborn Midwesterner is coming out here but I'm not moving.

Now I'm out for the day. I really don't want to get into a heated argument again, and after yard work I just intend to watch some football and take it easy today.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #663 (isolation #27) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:05 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 645, Wayward Son wrote:I'd really ask thewingfan to maybe look at Mafiascum's other threads. Not all games are Rome!

I like themes (where flavor
may
play a part, I like Opens, Normals, etc. I feel your critique is really unfair. Even from a kid.

Back to the game.

Yeah I'm not doing that for a few reasons.

1. I'm not having fun so after I see this out I'm not playing here again, so.....why waste my time?
2. I can read until my eyes bleed and I don't think it'll tell me a whole lot. Personally I need to be invested in a game, else I find it incredibly boring.

To respond to your other posts, yes all the games I've played to date are themed and based on a book/movie/etc. I much prefer those games to this. Also as I've said before I'm used to games where there are 20+ players and 3-5 baddies with a lot of different mechanics going on.

As far as the time I am on Eastern Time you posted at 5:30 AM local time.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #669 (isolation #28) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:32 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 665, Wayward Son wrote:I just have to ask. What about this site, exactly, has you this upset? It can't be just popcorn? I don't think anyone has spoken bad about you.

I don't get it.

I said a lot of this before you joined. But to recap. First

-A game day where I normally play is 1 game day=8 hours. There are no immediate ends if the majority gets there. That not a big thing its different. I could get used to that.

I can't get used to is people immediately trying to get reads on others. I'm used to a feeling out period, and yes I usually play with people I know well. This may be unconventional and I grant i started in a bit late this game (D1 but 8 pages in), I do not posess the skillset to read forum posts from 24-48 hours and tell you anything about anyone. I need 3 game days at home or equinately 3 full days of interaction to get an idea of what's going on.

I am principally against mass role claims and I asked if this a tactic normally used here, was told it was, don't feel like arguing against it every game

I also don't like the vitriol. Do things get heated where I play? Yeah they do. Its very rare that it gets to this point.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #680 (isolation #29) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:11 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 677, catboi wrote:
In post 663, thewingfan wrote:
In post 645, Wayward Son wrote:I'd really ask thewingfan to maybe look at Mafiascum's other threads. Not all games are Rome!

may
play a part, I like Opens, Normals, etc. I feel your critique is really unfair. Even from a kid.

Back to the game.

1. I'm not having fun so after I see this out I'm not playing here again, so.....why waste my time?
2. I can read until my eyes bleed and I don't think it'll tell me a whole lot. Personally I need to be invested in a game, else I find it incredibly boring.

To respond to your other posts, yes all the games I've played to date are themed and based on a book/movie/etc. I much prefer those games to this. Also as I've said before I'm used to games where there are 20+ players and 3-5 baddies with a lot of different mechanics going on.

I will say that this place does run more themed games with larger numbers of players, but based on everything I've learned this game I strongly doubt the playstyle here will interest you. Sorry it didn't work out for you. (although there are fewer and fewer themed games these days, too much work for most people...)
You ever play euchre? I played it a lot in college with friends, and with my parents and grandfather. Its a fun game each hand is 5 tricks. If you call trump, you and your teammate need to take 3 of the tricks to score a point, Take all 5 you get two. If you get less than the 3, the other team gets two points.

Sure winning is fun, but the fun is in the playing.

I visited a retirement home and was invited to "play" euchre. Play in in quotes because we didn't really play. Cards were dealt and everyone's hands immediately were shown to the table and they just inutitvely scored the hand based on who would have taken what trick. I didn't find that enjoyable either.

I get playing the game was secondary to being sociable, but if that's all you're gonna do, why bother with the cards at all?

This game feels more the latter to me than the former.

As to your earlier point about my feelings hurt. I was ticked last night. There is a difference the size of the Gulf of Mexico between disagreeing with my take because "its not done here" and it being immature and childish. And with all due respect when someone comes at me like that I'm going to answer in kind.

That aside I'm not voting for faust, call it what you want I don't think he's it. Its either you or ceejay.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #687 (isolation #30) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:50 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 683, faüstiv wrote:
In post 680, thewingfan wrote:
In post 677, catboi wrote:
In post 663, thewingfan wrote:

may

Back to the game.

I will say that this place does run more themed games with larger numbers of players, but based on everything I've learned this game I strongly doubt the playstyle here will interest you. Sorry it didn't work out for you. (although there are fewer and fewer themed games these days, too much work for most people...)
You ever play euchre? I played it a lot in college with friends, and with my parents and grandfather. Its a fun game each hand is 5 tricks. If you call trump, you and your teammate need to take 3 of the tricks to score a point, Take all 5 you get two. If you get less than the 3, the other team gets two points.

Sure winning is fun, but the fun is in the playing.

I visited a retirement home and was invited to "play" euchre. Play in in quotes because we didn't really play. Cards were dealt and everyone's hands immediately were shown to the table and they just inutitvely scored the hand based on who would have taken what trick. I didn't find that enjoyable either.

I get playing the game was secondary to being sociable, but if that's all you're gonna do, why bother with the cards at all?

This game feels more the latter to me than the former.

As to your earlier point about my feelings hurt. I was ticked last night. There is a difference the size of the Gulf of Mexico between disagreeing with my take because "its not done here" and it being immature and childish. And with all due respect when someone comes at me like that I'm going to answer in kind.

That aside I'm not voting for faust, call it what you want I don't think he's it. Its either you or ceejay.
kinda interested, do you play forum mafia or live mafia?

also i hope the "football" you referred to earlier was the spherical 'soccer' kind.

Its forum mafia. If the football I'm watching today is soccer you mean-no its a college football Saturday. My alama mater (University of Cincinatti) kicks off here in 15 minutes against Navy. I did an online program and never set foot on their campus though. I still root for them when I can.

The school I grew up rooting for is the University of Michigan is beating Rutgers at 7:30 tonight. But games are on all day from 12 PM forward.

I do watch the Euro footy on weekend mornings but this morning I was too busy picking leaves up again. More leaves fell thanks the the 20 mph winds ripping around right now and i wanted to get it clean before the rain came today....

Footy wise I grew up cheering for Man Utd but when the whole Super League nonsense came about I decided I couldn't root for a team that tried to break the greatest club competition in the world so I changed my allegiance to Leeds Utd largely for the cheeky "Earn It" T-shirts they put in Liverpool's locker room before they played each other last season.

If by the sim I mentioned earlier-yes it is soccer. Its not fantasy. The players in that game are purely fake and its more like Championship (Football) Manager than it is anything else. We have World Cups and a version of Champions and every thing!
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #697 (isolation #31) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:52 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 695, faüstiv wrote:keep me alive so i can tallk thewingfan out of being a leeds utd supporter.
I'm also a Detroit Lions fan. If I'm a fan of that garbage franchise you have no hope.

and what's wrong with Leeds anyway?
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #700 (isolation #32) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:11 am

Post by thewingfan »

I can relate. there's a certain team in Columbus....

I've told my 8 year old that when its time for college he can go to any other school on the planet but that one.

I have made it very clear if he plays sports at that school I will be actively rooting against him every game.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #709 (isolation #33) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by thewingfan »

Welcome back Maestro
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #711 (isolation #34) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by thewingfan »

As much as I want the game to end so I can get out of here I'm not going to be doing that.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #717 (isolation #35) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by thewingfan »

So ummm yeah regarding faust being town.....

https://media3.giphy.com/media/gmg7s5bBQzlN6/giphy.gif

Not gonna convince me otherwise. Noway nohow
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #726 (isolation #36) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by thewingfan »

In post 725, catboi wrote:
In post 661, thewingfan wrote:I don't appreciate the insults, but outside of that, other than calling it stupid and suggesting no one plays like that here, he's pushing very hard against this argument without a heck of a lot of substance.
Bear in mind, this is the full extent of wingfan's scumread on me. It is pure projection. I have provided more substance in a single post than he has all game. This is not a real scumread, this is not how a townie acts. He's purely setting up to blame me for misreading faustiv.

Or your argument of you've never seen a townie framed on this site is BS and its case of I'm right and he doth protest to much. As much as I want to get out of here hanging me while not the worst thing for the town, its not great either.

Let's be real, I'm the ONLY one to stand up for faust. If I was the baddie, why would I bother to do that?
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #728 (isolation #37) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by thewingfan »

In post 727, catboi wrote:
In post 726, thewingfan wrote:
In post 725, catboi wrote:
In post 661, thewingfan wrote:I don't appreciate the insults, but outside of that, other than calling it stupid and suggesting no one plays like that here, he's pushing very hard against this argument without a heck of a lot of substance.
Bear in mind, this is the full extent of wingfan's scumread on me. It is pure projection. I have provided more substance in a single post than he has all game. This is not a real scumread, this is not how a townie acts. He's purely setting up to blame me for misreading faustiv.

Or your argument of you've never seen a townie framed on this site is BS and its case of I'm right and he doth protest to much. As much as I want to get out of here hanging me while not the worst thing for the town, its not great either.

Let's be real, I'm the ONLY one to stand up for faust. If I was the baddie, why would I bother to do that?
You're very funny

I have never seen scum kill someone who was scumread by another player in order to frame that player, across well over a hundred games of form mafia. Why would I lie about that? Sometimes frame kills happen because of the
reverse
- scum killing Player A, and then using it to push player B, who was player A's scumread. But not the opposite. It's illogical. And again, as I have repeated ad nauseam, thyn being the kill was for being a PR. All other possible motives are irrelevant.

Also, your appeal to emotion here is noted.

I HAVE seen, in dozens of games, scum defend a townie who was doomed and being tunneled on to try to look good the next day when they flipped town. It's called "white knighting". It's incredibly basic and obvious and I already dissected why your townread on faustiv was you blatantly buddying up to a townie who was wrong about literally everything.
If I do get hanged I really am going to enjoy watching you twist yourself around when I'm revealed to be town.

That's gonna be great.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #733 (isolation #38) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:21 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 731, Maestro wrote:you're both so self-righteous, on reread I rly think it might be possible that catboi/TWF are TvTing here, let's all 3 drop some pressure on Fennec/ceejay's slots?
the true inactive beetches?

I bet Scum is newScum who left 3 SEs alive to WIFOM eachother to death after an early hot potato fuck up by their partner or that Scum is BBT/catboi laughing at me but either way fuck you, you know exactly how to get me invested in
outcomes
Welp for me to be bad you have to be willing to believe that from the outset that ALL of the following is true.

1. Sterling and I were partners.

-This is possible. I defended him. Not a good look for me.

2. Upon Sterling's death I then killed off Thryn despite following faust in voting for them.

-Also Possible, but I really don't know if doing so-or not is bad or good.

3. I then NOT ONLY left faust alive, but then stood on a table and said he wasn't the baddie and refused to vote for him. Even when you asked me to drop the hammer. You'd also have to believe that I went ahead and told you all what I was doing.

-This is where this theory falls apart in my mind. Because yes I would have absolutely left faust alive after the Thrynh kill. Know what I wouldn't do? Call attention to it.

If you really want to vote me for funsies go ahead. It'll just put me out of my misery. Won't help the town though.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #734 (isolation #39) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:26 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 730, Maestro wrote:
In post 728, thewingfan wrote:If I do get hanged I really am going to enjoy watching you twist yourself around when I'm revealed to be town.

That's gonna be great.
I WILL TAKE APPEAL TO EMOTION FOR $800 ALEX
No its not. I will take great joy and imagining his face if and when I flip.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #739 (isolation #40) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:49 pm

Post by thewingfan »

In post 737, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 734, thewingfan wrote:No its not. I will take great joy and imagining his face if and when I flip.
I said something very similar to ProfessorDrapion when I was about to be launched (as Town), so I understand the feeling.

We have one extra flip, but it'd be great to get it with this one. In my mind, it's either thewingman or BBT. I'm guessing this is mountainious?
Mountainious?

To hang someone other than catboi from me you mean? Pretty much but I knowing I am town will move to protect myself if I must. And before anyone tells me that's some kind of baddie tell save it.

It'd be me being town taking a chance that the other person is the one we're looking for. That said. In my mind I've got a hold of string and I want to pull it to the end.

I am unwilling to let go of the faust was framed theory. Also consider that kkgirl at least at one point said they were at least considering catboi was bad. Does a bad catboi kill off kk there to try and avoid kk and I trying to convince others to vote for him today?

and let's not forget in his argument to hang fause he said something to the effect of the game is over once we hang faust? How much longer do you want to let him lead the townie coalition? Hang me I don't care but when I flip town. Please remember he'll have led the town down rabbit holes, and you'll not made it to Wonderland.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #744 (isolation #41) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:11 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 743, catboi wrote:I'm fairly confident I found the last scum and the game's won regardless as long as people don't get stupid.
Like you were confident about faust?
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #756 (isolation #42) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:09 am

Post by thewingfan »

BBT just got here. I'm having real trouble picking apart the people who join mid game pot calling kettle since i did it, and since arely posted I can't get a read on them, and since they replaced someone who wasn't very active.

Just vote for me if you think I'm bad. Its fine, you're wrong but it is what it is. At least you haven't tried to talk down to me.

I'll keep trying to point out where you're wrong. Also it probably won't and shouldn't matter to you when I say be very careful trying to put me in a conventional box. I play a lot less conventional than most and I think that's what's got me more frustrated than anything here. That said what for some may be a baddie tell isn't exactly one for me.

You asked earlier why I was frustrated or unhappy or miserable I think the overarching answer is. I get the sense that those who deign to play an unconventional type game are severely punished for it. I also recall having the same problem in my first few games at the home site. THe difference is of course as i kept playing because i was playing wit hthe same people they began to realize that they have to read me differently.

A site like this because i'll be playing with people I don't know everytime. I just am afraid that every time this is going to happen.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #763 (isolation #43) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by thewingfan »

In post 761, catboi wrote:
In post 756, thewingfan wrote:BBT just got here. I'm having real trouble picking apart the people who join mid game pot calling kettle since i did it, and since arely posted I can't get a read on them, and since they replaced someone who wasn't very active.

Just vote for me if you think I'm bad. Its fine, you're wrong but it is what it is. At least you haven't tried to talk down to me.

I'll keep trying to point out where you're wrong. Also it probably won't and shouldn't matter to you when I say be very careful trying to put me in a conventional box. I play a lot less conventional than most and I think that's what's got me more frustrated than anything here. That said what for some may be a baddie tell isn't exactly one for me.

You asked earlier why I was frustrated or unhappy or miserable I think the overarching answer is. I get the sense that those who deign to play an unconventional type game are severely punished for it. I also recall having the same problem in my first few games at the home site. THe difference is of course as i kept playing because i was playing wit hthe same people they began to realize that they have to read me differently.

Can't have it both ways man. I still have the theory about faust being left alive because the baddie thought they could get him hanged. According to you that's not conventional at least here.

A site like this because i'll be playing with people I don't know everytime. I just am afraid that every time this is going to happen.
Again, I have to say: you're making statements about your play that don't match up with how you've actually acted this game. You say your play is "unconventional", but other than disliking the idea of a mass claim everything you've done is solidly conventional. You say you figure people out through pressure and "detective work", but you've done absolutely none of that. You've mostly been a lump who's made occasional passing comments and sheeped others.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #764 (isolation #44) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:18 pm

Post by thewingfan »

In post 761, catboi wrote:
In post 756, thewingfan wrote:BBT just got here. I'm having real trouble picking apart the people who join mid game pot calling kettle since i did it, and since arely posted I can't get a read on them, and since they replaced someone who wasn't very active.

I don't know why my reply got messed up.....but.

You don't get to have it both ways. According to you my theory doesn't hold water because its never been done here which is unconventional. I';ll tell you right now I'm not replying to another post of yours the remainder of the game. Its not worth the blood pressure meds.

Again, I have to say: you're making statements about your play that don't match up with how you've actually acted this game. You say your play is "unconventional", but other than disliking the idea of a mass claim everything you've done is solidly conventional. You say you figure people out through pressure and "detective work", but you've done absolutely none of that. You've mostly been a lump who's made occasional passing comments and sheeped others.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #781 (isolation #45) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:57 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 766, catboi wrote:Uhh...did you mean to type something there and forget to?

I replied twice and it said My message was successful. So I have no idea why it didn't go through...

YOu don't get to have it both ways. Either my therory about faust being left alive so they can be framed and thus hanged the next day is bupkus because according to oyu its never been done here (read unconventional at least for this site), or its not.

But what I will say is I'm about done replying to you. Its not worth the blood pressure meds.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #782 (isolation #46) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:04 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 778, Maestro wrote:TFW I mean this w all due respect, stop Appealing to Emotion by hamming up the “I’m different so nobody’s reading me well and this game is frustrating just kill me if you think I’m a baddie” bc that rly makes you look wooooorse friend

Why is it BBT or WS? for me it’s between BBT and WS, if it’s you or catboi well done I guess, but like, come back to game and be less self-pitying and more scum-hunting plz? I don’t think it’s catboi and I don’t think others will vote them today unless you put together convincing shit

WS going after BBT makes me want to narrow possibilities for today; you 2 that are more active we could sort tomorrow if we need to, one of these relative unknowns need to die today; too many wild cards in this game
Out of the two. I would prefer to hang BBT. Wayward at the very least is posting and talking. BBT has promised to read and post for two days now and weve gotten what 2 posts from them?
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #785 (isolation #47) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:15 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 783, Maestro wrote:BBT being a “too-easy” compromise at this point worries me lol but that slot has don’t Jack shit all game so

Valid concern. Having people come into a game in the middle is....different. I thought doing it during D1 was the extent of it. I'm used to folks who go crazily inactive just getting removed from the game. Sucks when its a power townie or a baddie because it effects the games outcome.

But for the sake of argument. If what I've read is true (and I have my doubts on that), this game is proving harder than most to solve. At least we have catboi on 2 instances claiming the game ends when we hang so and so. First with faust, now with me. Assuming for the moment he was ardent in his belief both times, that leads me down a bit of a rabbit hole but stick with me.

What if we can't get a handle on the last baddie because of the following 2 reasons?

1. Players are coming and going like its Grand Central Station.
2. No one inhabiting that role has posted.

Its not in me to lurk, but given the nature of how that slot has been replaced so often, I can see someone lowkeying hoping to outlast things.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #790 (isolation #48) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:18 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 787, Maestro wrote:no this game isn’t super harder to solve than most (*insert grumbling about the setup solving I wanted to do in my first game w the “new” setup*), but inactivity is a bitch that’s for sure

Also, really want to mention: I find it much more likely that Scum would be “actively lurking” and staying in-game but relatively under the radar, like you for example, until recently, rather than allow themselves to be replaced for their strategy of Actually Lurking. Worth mentioning, especially if you’re an SE, you also shouldn’t be tactically replacing out of a game, which is what could be argued if that slot had to suffer having as rough a partner as Sterling’s D1 ended up being.

I highly doubt I'm under anyone's radar. It certainly doesn't feel like it.

Regarding your previous post and my "plan" You have to assume I actually had a plan I had to make.

Admittedly what I think the baddied strategy was here is exactly what I would have done (save the lecture on why this is a bad way to play please).

Faust was due some heat the day after Sterling hanged , Kill Thryn, which means he's exposed as hangable. Then hope the town hangs faust. Killing kkgirl who seems the most level headed of the lot (that was active). Then hope to survive to the end.

That said. If I indeed was the perpetrator of said plan. You then need to believe I idiotically told you my masterplan like I'm a James Bond villain
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #792 (isolation #49) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by thewingfan »

In post 791, Maestro wrote:I… don’t know what to say to you TWF but yeah, BBT I’ve had my eye on that post for forever don’t worry. But now I’m worried it’s youuuuuuuuuu bc you didn’t have to do shiiiiiiit this game just let other ppl be shittier
TO be fair you are the one who asked me to try. I get my opinions are unpopular and you all think I'm shite at this.

I still don't understand how setting up a townie to take the fall for the nk of another townie isn't a strategy here. Its the only thing that makes sense to me. I mean you can go 2 for 1 if you do it right.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #794 (isolation #50) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:56 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 793, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 791, Maestro wrote:I… don’t know what to say to you TWF but yeah, BBT I’ve had my eye on that post for forever don’t worry. But now I’m worried it’s youuuuuuuuuu bc you didn’t have to do shiiiiiiit this game just let other ppl be shittier
It's really not me. I'll contribute more soon, now that I have some time this weekend, but that post was pretty awful.
And with that I'm done. Mod can find someone new. I'm tired of this. Peace out folks.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #934 (isolation #51) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by thewingfan »

Welp at least my baddie sniffer isn't all that broken afterall. Outside of my annoyance at being called childish and yes I saw the apology and I appreciate it. I could only take being told I was bad so many times.

And whether I was right that faust was framed for the kill on whomever it was or not. I had it right.

As to why I left I became increasingly frustrated because every time I posted the reply Always that post was so bad but no one wanted to hang me. Its simple folks if you think my posts make me scummy then by all means HANG ME. Let's just get it over with. So between the pacing of this game being glacial ( we've now played two games at home in the time I left to now), and the fact I'm not going to change the way I play, and I'm really not interested in playing a game where everyone wants to tell me I'm bad all the time so I really don't think I'll give it a go here again.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #940 (isolation #52) » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:04 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 935, faüstiv wrote:
In post 934, thewingfan wrote:Welp at least my baddie sniffer isn't all that broken afterall. Outside of my annoyance at being called childish and yes I saw the apology and I appreciate it. I could only take being told I was bad so many times.

And whether I was right that faust was framed for the kill on whomever it was or not. I had it right.

As to why I left I became increasingly frustrated because every time I posted the reply Always that post was so bad but no one wanted to hang me. Its simple folks if you think my posts make me scummy then by all means HANG ME. Let's just get it over with. So between the pacing of this game being glacial ( we've now played two games at home in the time I left to now), and the fact I'm not going to change the way I play, and I'm really not interested in playing a game where everyone wants to tell me I'm bad all the time so I really don't think I'll give it a go here again.
that's a shame, you played well imo. you obvtowned pretty early and it was pleasing to see that at least one townie agreed that i was town and that catboi was scum.

tbf whilst i don't mind this site, there's just no other place to play a decent mafia game anymore that i know of.
Convince me otherwise. I get a baddie trying to paint me as bad. That doesn't bother me. But others. This is what happened in my view.

When I finally found my feet a little bit and gave an opinion.....

Someone "That post was so scummy"

Me. "Hang me then and let's get it over with"

Then they didn't. I really am struggling to understand why not? And I just got tired of the cyclical nature of those conversations.

They don't do that for some reason? And I get not doing it the first few times you say it but my God if you've told me over and over my posts are scummy what the hell are you waiting for? Especiially in a game that goes longer than Methuselah's lifespan but ends after it reaches enough of a majority.

Way I see it is if you've got someone is scummy plant your flag, vote, move on. Admittedly I am used to votes getting changed until Deadline EVEN if a maority is reached so it doesn't matter if I was leading the hang 5-4 mid day, it matters that I led the hang 5-4 at deadline.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #942 (isolation #53) » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by thewingfan »

In post 941, faüstiv wrote:
In post 940, thewingfan wrote:
In post 935, faüstiv wrote:
In post 934, thewingfan wrote:Welp at least my baddie sniffer isn't all that broken afterall. Outside of my annoyance at being called childish and yes I saw the apology and I appreciate it. I could only take being told I was bad so many times.

that's a shame, you played well imo. you obvtowned pretty early and it was pleasing to see that at least one townie agreed that i was town and that catboi was scum.

tbf whilst i don't mind this site, there's just no other place to play a decent mafia game anymore that i know of.
Convince me otherwise. I get a baddie trying to paint me as bad. That doesn't bother me. But others. This is what happened in my view.

When I finally found my feet a little bit and gave an opinion.....

Someone "That post was so scummy"

Me. "Hang me then and let's get it over with"

Then they didn't. I really am struggling to understand why not? And I just got tired of the cyclical nature of those conversations.

They don't do that for some reason? And I get not doing it the first few times you say it but my God if you've told me over and over my posts are scummy what the hell are you waiting for? Especiially in a game that goes longer than Methuselah's lifespan but ends after it reaches enough of a majority.

Way I see it is if you've got someone is scummy plant your flag, vote, move on. Admittedly I am used to votes getting changed until Deadline EVEN if a maority is reached so it doesn't matter if I was leading the hang 5-4 mid day, it matters that I led the hang 5-4 at deadline.
well i can't speak for others, but imo you obvtowned pretty early, that's why i never pushed or questioned you. once i saw this post:
Thanks I've already posted some.
No I'm not a baddie, and I'm not all to interesting either
. But then I don't think anyone would freely admit to being a baddie would they?
i figured you were likely not scum as it looks like a soft VT claim, which scum generally don't do as they like to keep their counter claim options open. obviously if scum didn't pick up on this then they can narrow down who the PR's are based off it, which is why i never highlighted this reasoning in game.
But surely you can see that if what others albeit post your death kept telling me I was scummy and I retorted with something like. Cool hang me then and they didn't only to be told my someone else my next post was scummy and i said the same thing, it gets very old very quickly. I mean if most games here are going to go like that why should I put myself in the position to deal with that?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”