Newbie 1742 Earth - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:02 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

VOTE: Accountant cause we don't need no stinking skilled players!!! :P
Good morning everyone, what a fine day it is, except for the whole "our town is corrupted by Mafia" issue.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:47 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

UNVOTE: Accountant
(I'm not being serious, just random voting time)
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

All I'm saying is I watched someone get quicklynched in a new game for no good reason other than people bandwagoned. If you really feel like crucifying someone for their first game, then by all means, go ahead.
I'll even put myself at L-1
VOTE: Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

Background: I've played Mafia for years in real life, but this is my first foray into forum based. In person games last maybe an hour, so this pace is something I'm not at all used to. I've read a couple forum based games, but never played one. I have no idea if someone will quick hammer me, I self voted because if one newbie mistake is enough to convince people that I'm actually scum and not just an idiot then I'd rather start a fresh game anyway.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 18, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 17, Shadowlancerx wrote:Background: I've played Mafia for years in real life, but this is my first foray into forum based. In person games last maybe an hour, so this pace is something I'm not at all used to. I've read a couple forum based games, but never played one. I have no idea if someone will quick hammer me, I self voted because if one newbie mistake is enough to convince people that I'm actually scum and not just an idiot then I'd rather start a fresh game anyway.
In this forum game, you should always play to your wincon. If you're town, you should always play to make sure town wins. If you're scum, do what ever you need to do to make sure scum wins. That's it. Don't just give up to start a fresh game. If that's your mindset, please replace out.
Duely noted, I'll take this more seriously. Sorry for causing trouble.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #5) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

UNVOTE: Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:10 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

If I'm reading the rules right, I don't think you have to UNVOTE before voting someone new...
"Unvoting is done by using the unvote tags:
CODE: SELECT ALL
UNVOTE: mhsmith0
gets you UNVOTE: mhsmith0, or you can simply vote someone else"
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:11 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

Let's hope the mod gives us some leeway here.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 67, Icy wrote:VOTE: Accountant

I like her vote a lot more than yours.
This doesn't make sense to me. What are you saying with this vote? That you're getting a scummier read on accountant here?
What are your thoughts on Huntress' post? What about Penguin? Do you think that hammer was truly accidental or do you think not?
I'm not yet feeling strongly about anyone here, and we haven't even heard from most people yet.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:18 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 75, Icy wrote:
In post 69, Shadowlancerx wrote:
In post 67, Icy wrote:VOTE: Accountant

I like her vote a lot more than yours.
This doesn't make sense to me. What are you saying with this vote? That you're getting a scummier read on accountant here?
What are your thoughts on Huntress' post? What about Penguin? Do you think that hammer was truly accidental or do you think not?
I'm not yet feeling strongly about anyone here, and we haven't even heard from most people yet.
What I'm saying is both seem scummy to me. Penguin told you to take the game seriously, then placed a careless vote from his phone.

Accountant in post 26 laid out the exact scenario that happened, yet in his vote post 32 not only didn't he say Blix was at L-1, but he voted player A then commented on player B.

I agree with Huntress's train of thought.

I believe Penguin didn't really care what the vote count was.
Okay, I follow your logic with your reads, but you voted accountant when you are getting a scum read on Penguin. Why? If you feel strongly about both, why not put more pressure on penguin rather than split the current votes? I'm inclined to believe that penguin did actually mess up here, and yes, I see the irony of that, but I also don't think that would necessarily town clear him, it just means I don't personally have a scum read for him.

VOTE: Icy

I still don't see the reasoning for the accountant vote here, it seems impulsive and not really town helping.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 90, Huntress wrote:: There's no way a player can convince you they are town just like that.

: This question feels like a diversion tactic.

: It didn't bother you in your previous game to vote for someone who already had votes on them, so why does it now?

Vote: Icy
So that its apparent to everyone, that vote puts Icy at L-1, I really don't think we can afford any more quick hammers.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:45 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

These two statements seem to contradict each other, you agree with Huntress' train of thought about Penguin, but accountant is the reason you voted? If you really agreed with Huntress, it wouldn't matter what accountant had said at that point, would it?
In post 75, Icy wrote:I agree with Huntress's train of thought.

I believe Penguin didn't really care what the vote count was.
In post 100, Icy wrote:
After rereading my posts I guess I see where you think it bothered me to vote Penguin, that's not the case. It was Accountants vote and reason for that vote that swung my vote to him.
Am I missing something?
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

UNVOTE:
I'm not sure about Icy anymore. He could be completely full of crap, but accountant's last two posts have seemed rather out of character and almost like he feels like he's beat Icy, which shouldn't be his goal, it should be to push the town toward a win. Help me out here accountant?
Icy, you're not out of the woods yet, but I'm not confident enough to press forward with a lynch.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:31 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 120, Accountant wrote:Brief posts because I'm drowsy and stressed and tired of lazy scum throwing shade.
This explains your recent posts tone.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

Icy: I'm going to do some re-reading later today and re submit my vote unless I find something I missed before.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:13 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

VOTE: Icy
You just seem far too inconsistent, I'm not a fan of how you subtly change your narrative as you go.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:47 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 133, Icy wrote:
In post 28, Accountant wrote:ShadowlancerX and Blix900, would be good if you can get an avatar! they help players identify your posts quickly.

Also, shadowlancer is newbtown to a T. Scum are paranoid about dying, especially early on in the game, and so they do not vote themselves to L-1.
In post 56, Accountant wrote:Vampirate is probably town
This is a game of numbers. If any townee agreed with Accountant (which I did) and Scum nightkilled player C that would leave one less possible scum player. The longer the game goes the worse it gets for the scum team.

The smart night kill was one of those two players.
So basically regardless of what we do today, I'm going to die tonight?
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:49 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 171, Accountant wrote:When someone derphammers town, scum's first instinct is to kick back and let town rip itself apart. Especially with the wagon on Icy. The only place I could be wrong is BlackVoid, but we have one mislynch so if we just lynch Huntress and Scarlet we're confirmed a win.
The lurking has been really bothering me, but walk me through why huntress and scarlet wouldn't have added their votes to Icy when they could have? I'm guessing that a lynch on someone who turns town (if Icy is actually town, I don't have a clear read either way anymore) is better when the Mafia don't have to actually throw their votes on it, but would they risk that? I guess I'm just not completely clear here.
UNVOTE: until I've got a clearer picture of what's going on.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:13 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 169, Accountant wrote: Newbie 1739 just ended, so I want everyone to go look at it. That's a game where Penguin is scum. I don't think he's scum here.
Reading now. For anyone else interested start at vote count 1.9, penguin replaces in shortly after that.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

Make that 1.10, sorry.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 177, Accountant wrote:Maxx got quickhammered in that game, and PP yelled at everyome for it. Because as scum he likes to be able to take the "moral high ground" and get towncred for yelling at people who rush lynches. That's not the type of mindset that leads you to quickhammer gambit.
Just finished (I read pp and comments directly involved with him). I'm pretty certain he's town this game. It would take some serious play style shifts for him not to be.

Accountant: okay, I follow you now.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 179, Accountant wrote:Also I just realized I've been ignoring the possibility of PP being scum who genuinely accidentally hammered... but Huntress-PP interactions(including the immediate jump Day 2 and PP moving from Icy to Huntress) make that unlikely. Outside chance of scarlet-PP, maybe.
Oh man, scum accidentally hammering would be gross, just because it gives them a virtually free mislynch.
That said, I stand my my read of Penguin as likely town.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:14 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

VOTE: Huntress
This is an L-1!!!

L-1

Please one one derphammer before we as a town are ready. I'd really like to hear from Huntress has to say. See if we can glean anything from it.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:15 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

No one*
Gosh darn I really hate mobile autocorrect.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:23 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 200, PenguinPower wrote:Scum is in {Huntress, Scarlet, Accountant, Biostar}

I'm thinking {Huntress, Scarlet}

I'm feeling {Accountant, Biostar}

I would prefer a Huntress/Scarlet lynch today. If either flips town, I want an Accountant lynch tomorrow.
I agree that Huntress Scarlet makes the most sense based on reads thus far. I honestly don't see being this wrong about accountant, but I can't be sure.
I do think, based on everything so far, that we would be better off betting on the Huntress/Scarlet team and moving forward with that today and reevaluating tomorrow if things go wrong (not likely).
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:26 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 201, hinanawiscarlet wrote:I propose that right here, right now, to lynch me and see what I would flip. If I happen to flip a town, it's likely that Accountant is a scum in disguise.
So with lynch pressure on Huntress, you step in with a scum gambit move here? I feel like you're trying to trip us up when we are this close...
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

Penguin, what do you make of scarlet's move here? He's on your lynch list anyway, does that change your thought process or, is it just a gambit? If I'm thinking out loud, is it possible hunt is a roleblocker and scarlet is falling on the sword here...
My gut tells me to hold strong for Huntress, but as you're my strongest town read right now, I'd like to get your thoughts too.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 208, PenguinPower wrote:Why am I your strongest townread?
I read through your scum game that just ended, and you'd have to be a wizard be scum there and here with how you've reacted.
I have had a strong town read on accountant most of this game, but there is that small nag that he could be leading us all on.
Icy is pretty strong town at this point, but I can't rule out the possibility that he is really amazing at arguing his case.
Void has high content posts, but not a lot of them, so it's a little harder for me to read him.
Huntress and scarlet have the strongest feel of a scum team, combined with both of them being more on the lurker side.

I know I'm not good at this yet, that's why I'm asking for your thoughts, it's why I've asked for the thoughts of my strong town reads most of this game. I want to succeed, I want to get it right.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 211, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 207, Shadowlancerx wrote:is it possible hunt is a roleblocker
Why do you think this?
Because Scarlet's move makes no sense unless there is some gain, and the setup is as of yet unknown to me.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (isolation #29) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 215, PenguinPower wrote:UNVOTE:

I want to hear more.
So if I'm reading the chart right, there are set possible combinations of setups. Right now, we have only vanilla flips, so literally any combination on the chart is possible. So I took a look at the chart, and Mafia role blocker is the only power role that could be Mafia based.
So in the context of speculating on why Scarlet is offering a self lynch, I tried to come up with a scenario where that might make sense. Am I missing something that makes that not realistic?
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (isolation #30) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:26 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 231, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 230, Accountant wrote:It's just not optimal to massclaim when we can just lynch huntress and avert lylo in the first place
No. I get that. It's just that now you and Shadow have both commented pretty specifically on our setup. It's off-putting.
Penguin, my comment about the setup was more along the lines of it being wide open from my standpoint. Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is speculating on the setup a bad thing (I'm asking this as a general statement, not for this specific game)?
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (isolation #31) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:27 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

Accountant, can you answer that question as well, from an IC standpoint?
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (isolation #32) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:17 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

UNVOTE:
I feel pretty confident that either Huntress or Accountant are scum. I have had that feeling of being lead in the back of my mind, but I did trust accountant. I still do to an extent, and I think a lynch on either one of them will push us to a pretty close to solved endgame.

Penguin I'm not scum, but I recognize that if he flips scum you won't believe that. However, if he flips scum, I believe town can still win, even without me.

If he flips town, then it's huntress and we go from there.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (isolation #33) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 242, Accountant wrote:
In post 235, Shadowlancerx wrote:
In post 231, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 230, Accountant wrote:It's just not optimal to massclaim when we can just lynch huntress and avert lylo in the first place
No. I get that. It's just that now you and Shadow have both commented pretty specifically on our setup. It's off-putting.
Penguin, my comment about the setup was more along the lines of it being wide open from my standpoint. Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is speculating on the setup a bad thing (I'm asking this as a general statement, not for this specific game)?
Not necessarily a bad thing, but it doesn't help us and it might lead to PRs slipping or scum getting a better idea who to target.

At least, y'know, wait until you have information about the setup before speccing on it.
Gotcha, okay I won't speculate further.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:36 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 246, hinanawiscarlet wrote:
In post 241, Shadowlancerx wrote:UNVOTE:
I feel pretty confident that either Huntress or Accountant are scum. I have had that feeling of being lead in the back of my mind, but I did trust accountant. I still do to an extent, and I think a lynch on either one of them will push us to a pretty close to solved endgame.

Penguin I'm not scum, but I recognize that if he flips scum you won't believe that. However, if he flips scum, I believe town can still win, even without me.

Can you explain to me why you trust Accountant?
With all that's happened I feel a little foolish, but basically he recognized me for the newb town I am early game, after I made a fool of myself. From there, his posts followed logic, made sense to me. I thought (and still hope) that he acted that way as a true town, and that if he was that dead on about me, that his reads would be more likely to be accurate elsewhere. For good or for ill, I've taken his lead thus far, and if that gets me killed as his false partner, then I've learned more from this game.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #252 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:13 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 251, hinanawiscarlet wrote:
In post 248, Shadowlancerx wrote:
In post 246, hinanawiscarlet wrote:
In post 241, Shadowlancerx wrote:UNVOTE:

Can you explain to me why you trust Accountant?
With all that's happened I feel a little foolish, but basically he recognized me for the newb town I am early game, after I made a fool of myself.
From there, his posts followed logic, made sense to me.
I thought (and still hope) that he acted that way as a true town, and that if he was that dead on about me, that his reads would be more likely to be accurate elsewhere. For good or for ill, I've taken his lead thus far, and if that gets me killed as his false partner, then I've learned more from this game.
Correct me if I'm wrong: You believe Accountant is town because he immediately realize that you're town?

I think any sufficiently skilled player can do that, regardless of alignment.
I bolded above, but basically I wasn't convinced from his read on me, but all of the subsequent posts that were logical helped and I slowly became convinced over time.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

Like I said, I feel a little foolish, he is perfectly capable of faking all this, but that is what it is at this point.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (isolation #37) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

VOTE: Accountant
I'll play your game. I gotta know.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (isolation #38) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:40 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 270, BlackVoid wrote:@Shadowlancer, similar question: you've been strongly townreading Accountant for most of the game save a few small nags and thought that Huntress and Scarlet make the most sense. How did this read change and why are you voting Accountant over Huntress?
I still read accountant as town, but I don't trust my reads at this point. I don't trust anything at this point. And I have to know if I've been strung along this hard. A lynch on Accountant gives me closure, and it puts me at a point where I feel better about the game, because either
A. He comes up town, I feel that much stronger about Huntress.
B. He comes up scum and we are that much closer to winning.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #315 (isolation #39) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:00 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 291, BlackVoid wrote:
In post 274, Shadowlancerx wrote:I still read accountant as town, but I don't trust my reads at this point. I don't trust anything at this point. And I have to know if I've been strung along this hard. A lynch on Accountant gives me closure, and it puts me at a point where I feel better about the game, because either
A. He comes up town, I feel that much stronger about Huntress.
B. He comes up scum and we are that much closer to winning.
I can understand the thought process here to a certain extent but if you feel strongly about Huntress and townread Accountant, you should just be lynching Huntress without the Accountant detour.
I've been following all game, never leading with my own thoughts, own ideas. Whatever happens today, my vote is about me needing to make a choice on my own behalf. I need to be able to make my own mistakes, not sheep someone else's.
At this point, the only thing I feel strongly about is wanted to avoid further manipulation, for good or for ill, and just be me, and maybe make a difference.
In post 308, Icy wrote:Reason 4: Votes you, (and puts you at L-1 buy the way...not that anyone cares) but I unvote you before Shadow gets a chance to sheep.
This really bothers me. Of all the things I have said this game, the one that should shine through is my caution over L-1 and lynches in general. I've pointed out other L-1s, and I have no interest in quickhammers or lynches without a claim and serious consideration/collaboration of everyone. I'll freely admit that I've been sheeping and not trusting myself (and I have every intent not to anymore), but to say you were truly worried about a quickhammer from me? Just no.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (isolation #40) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:45 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

End of Month at work, I will be posting later today when I can.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (isolation #41) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:41 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

Thanks for waiting on me. After work today I reread the game (didn't over the weekend because I didn't expect to be alive for it to matter).
I'm more confident in scum Accountant than anything else at this point, so I went through his posts and this is what I found:

I believe that Accountant lead us on. And there were a couple of instances where he lost his patience and gave some indications of what was really going on.
Posts 114 and 116 were the first examples; in 114 he openly tried to lead blackvoid to an icy vote, and if he and void are scumbuddies, this reads as more menacing. In 116, you respond to a pretty well thought out post by Icy by saying that everything Icy said was a lie, thus carrying on his attack without needing to actually respond to the post.
Post 184 is terrifying, because he openly admits that he doesn't mind a derphammer on Huntress, which doesn't sit right with me, and it shouldn't for any town player. Derphammers make the day end, and that deprives a huge amount of potential information from the town, and generally just makes the game favor a Mafia win. Post 187 follows this with a call for trust, but the issue of a quick hammer isn't about trust, it's about what's good for town. Post 224 Accountant: "If Huntress flips town, I want everyone to lynch me tomorrow." This feels like reverse psychology, almost put here so that you could say later "why would scumAccountant say this?" With the answer being, because it works as a way to clear him. Doing the opposite of what we would expect so that we trip up and he gets away with it. Posts 256/261 are subtle, but show a sense of gloating, he didn't answer because he had Huntress at his mercy.

Because we are in LyLo, I'm not placing a vote, but in spirit my vote is on Accountant.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (isolation #42) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 342, hinanawiscarlet wrote:I was wrong, okay? It was just gut at first. I reread Accountant's posts and I decided to vote Huntress.

Now that I know that Huntress is town, scumread Accountant again. He feels like directing the lynch.

Also, since this is lylo, I think it's time to claim the power town role. Is it jailkeeper or tracker?
This post makes me uneasy. I don't know whether it's good to get a claim here or not, there are way too many variables in play, but you're suggesting it without any reasoning to back it up?
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #365 (isolation #43) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:26 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 354, Accountant wrote:
In post 345, Shadowlancerx wrote:
In post 342, hinanawiscarlet wrote:I was wrong, okay? It was just gut at first. I reread Accountant's posts and I decided to vote Huntress.

Now that I know that Huntress is town, scumread Accountant again. He feels like directing the lynch.

Also, since this is lylo, I think it's time to claim the power town role. Is it jailkeeper or tracker?
This post makes me uneasy. I don't know whether it's good to get a claim here or not, there are way too many variables in play, but you're suggesting it without any reasoning to back it up?
Claim is optimal.

Jailkeeper is useless since if he manages to stop a kill it becomes 3-1, optimal strategy then is to No Lynch and let scum kill, which comes down to the same thing anyway. Not only that, claiming as Jailkeeper confirms a townie(1/3 less chance of losing) OR narrows down the vote to 2 players if counterclaimed(normal 3/5 -> 6/10 minus 1/2 -> 5/10 = 1/10 less chance of losing).

Tracker should claim as well. It has the same benefit as Jailkeeper in terms of stopping losses, and it has no utility at night because Tracker results are of very little use on Day Four, where scum have no reason not to make up anything they think they can get away with(if they fakeclaim Tracker it narrows to 2 players, which is exactly the same as no fakeclaim).

tl;dr - claim.

IC can't lie about game theory
Okay, now that I can see the math, I'm in favor of a claim.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (isolation #44) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:38 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

I am also Vanilla town.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (isolation #45) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

So scum is somewhere in Accountant-Balckvoid-Scarlet assuming no counterclaim.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #371 (isolation #46) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:44 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

Accountant-Blackvoid
Blackvoid-Scarlet
Scarlet-Accountant

These are the pairs that we have. Of the three, I still think accountant is scum, but I don't think any pair is impossible.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #381 (isolation #47) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:23 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 376, Icy wrote:
In post 331, Accountant wrote:Currently two scum remain alive -
I think Icy and Shadow are town, which means Black and Scarlet must be scum, the dirty connivers.

No matter who you think is scum, please don't make a vote yet. This is LyLo, and there's really no benefit to voting someone.
In post 334, Accountant wrote:
In post 332, BlackVoid wrote:Saying I'm scum with Scarlet is odd given I've been pushing him most of the game. Scarlet probably is scum though and I'm not sure who the partner is so I'm going to have to look over interactions.

@Scarlet, why did you vote Huntress when you said that Accountant was more suspicious?
Okay, let's lynch Scarlet together. Maybe I'm wrong about you.
Accountant I'm growing more and more uncomfortable with you. One hour after "Black must be Scum" you claim you were maybe wrong about him. At that point who was Scarlets partner?
I'm inclined to answer that question with "Accountant, Accountant is Scarlet's partner." Either that or Accountant's soft clear of Blackvoid indicates that they are partners, but either way, I think it's Accountant. I'm a little disheartened that that large post I made was basically swept under the rug by Accountant replying to one part of it.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #383 (isolation #48) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:41 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

I'm disheartened because I know it, and everyone has just seemed wishy washy today.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:54 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

I guess I just don't see the fire in their posts that I feel. But you do have a point. We will see soon enough.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #388 (isolation #50) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:05 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 387, Accountant wrote:You aren't exactly a firebrand yourself shadow
No, I'm chronically unsure of every read I make. I really want to be though.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #390 (isolation #51) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

I still think Accountant is the better lynch for today, especially since you could be his partner. Accountant-scarlet does make sense, but I won't rule out you doing the bussing here. I'm going to try and reread later today as well.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #392 (isolation #52) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:38 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

If accountant here is truly town, then you're bussing scarlet.
Alternatively, you're town and really considering what's going on.
Or, you're pushing a mislynch and partnered with Accountant.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (isolation #53) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:32 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 399, BlackVoid wrote:Upon re-read, got a question for Shadowlancer: you were willing to put Huntress at L-1 before Accountant turned it into a 1v1. So, after he did, why did you decide to go ahead with an Accountant vote because you were worried he was leading you on? Wouldn't it make more sense to lynch Huntress and if he was wrong, go after him next?
The game state and my thought process changed during that time. It was a day between when I voted Huntress and then Accountant. I realized in that time that I had indeed been just a follower, and I wanted to know if I was being taken advantage of. I now believe that I was.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (isolation #54) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:34 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

VOTE: Scarlet
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #405 (isolation #55) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:36 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

VOTE: HinaniwiScarlet
Just in case
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (isolation #56) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

For the record accountant, I feel really bad about pushing you so hard, you seemed genuinely frustrated.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (isolation #57) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:00 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 403, BlackVoid wrote:Hope I'm right.

VOTE: HinanawiScarlet
Assuming that line was for me, you were right.
Refreshrefreshrefreshrefresh....
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (isolation #58) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:04 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 411, Transcend wrote:Fastest newbie game ever?

Maybe.

Icy was obvious town yet again, but you guys seemed to figure that one out lol.
That page 2 quicklynch played into that.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #414 (isolation #59) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:04 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 410, mhsmith0 wrote:I hope people had fun. It was really weird watching d2 knowing it actually was town-town.
Town on town followed by another town on town.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #416 (isolation #60) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:06 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

Icy, who did you target with your checks?

Also, I really thought penguin was the tracker, he was wayyyy too interested in my setup speculation.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #419 (isolation #61) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 415, mhsmith0 wrote:I was like "well crap there goes the scum team" and then it rapidly swung onto someone else. Mafia, it's a game of inches :P
My day 1 gambit was basically me going "Okay, what is the one thing that scumShadow should be least likely to do? Now do that."

And it worked. Like stupid well. The last vote ever placed on me was my own.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #426 (isolation #62) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:21 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 421, mhsmith0 wrote:Was that intentional? I figured it was scum giving up, and if nothing else a decent policy lynch on a super clear non PR. Well played then.
Oh it was massively intentional, I don't actually have the give up/frustrated mentality that I played off of. I actually watched someone get towncleared in a game off site a day before by doing that, and I thought I might give it a try. That person was actually town, so I was really playing with fire, but no, I had no intention of giving up.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (isolation #63) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:25 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

It did lock me in to playing that role a little harder than I would have naturally done, this was my first game, but I've read a bunch of them.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #428 (isolation #64) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

Blackvoid, it was awesome playing as scum with you. I'd be terrified of being scum across from your town game.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #433 (isolation #65) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 430, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i thought hinana was really obvious town lol :(

I thought the Vampirate kill HAD to come from one of the experienced players (I'd expect a team of newbies to kill the IC N1 with so little information, especially Blix calling obvtown Vampirate scummy), so I was totally sold into the Accountant vs. Huntress gladiating.

I think the scumteam did really great though! I only scumread Shadow out of PoE, since he made the most sense as an Accountant partner. You guys should keep playing here! Maybe /in for a more challenging newbie game? ;) :P
Oh I will definitely play more. I'm in day one of a 17 player on a different site, so once I'm done with that game I'll be back.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (isolation #66) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:42 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

I actually almost killed scarlet on night 1, even had it in bold. I went from vampirate to scarlet and then back at the last couple hours. I was alone that night, but I didn't want to kill accountant due to being completely towncleared.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #436 (isolation #67) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 434, BlackVoid wrote:
In post 428, Shadowlancerx wrote:Blackvoid, it was awesome playing as scum with you.
Same with you. I actually enjoy playing town more though. Hopefully I draw a few town roles in my next games.
I find that I'm much more stressed playing as scum, but the payoff is amazing. I actually had adrenaline causing my hands to shake as I placed the hammer vote, I swear I thought Accountant was going to show up out of nowhere and UNVOTE.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (isolation #68) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:46 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 431, Transcend wrote:I had blackvoid as scum, icy as town i thought scarlet was being bussed. shadow did a really really good job wifoming his way out of the page 1 lynch.
Thanks, I definitely had some luck on my side as I did so.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (isolation #69) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:48 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 429, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 420, BlackVoid wrote:I don't know why Huntress didn't claim after I implied intent to hammer.
This. Why did this happen?

Also, Accountant wasn't scum!?!?!?! Damn...scummy Accountant.

Also, sorry for the derphammer town.
I appreciate the derp hammer :D
Sorry for killing you, I really thought you were tracker and would have checked me :P
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #440 (isolation #70) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:49 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 438, Transcend wrote:Pulled a similar gambit in one of my most recent scum games.
Send me a link? I appreciate a good gambit when it works.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #443 (isolation #71) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:58 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 442, PenguinPower wrote:EBWOP: I'm glad that I could have at least distracted scum in atonement for my D1 play.
Haha, well you succeeded.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #444 (isolation #72) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

@mhsmith0
Thank you for a wonderfully modded game. I really appreciate it.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #448 (isolation #73) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

Wow, that was awesome. I can't believe you pulled that off.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #450 (isolation #74) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

Scarlet you played pretty well, you just had everything going against you. It was great playing with you, sorry for using you as our scapegoat :)
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (isolation #75) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

my pre game partner said one thing and then disappeared :P
But yeah, it's pretty interesting.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #457 (isolation #76) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 454, PenguinPower wrote:Oh, and I was totes wrong the entire time. Gg scum. I will hunt you down in future games...I hold grudges.
I look forward to it :D
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #460 (isolation #77) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 452, mhsmith0 wrote:Dead chat is now public, I'll unlock scum chat in 48 hours barring objections.
Where can I find that?
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #493 (isolation #78) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by Shadowlancerx »

I'm good with releasing the scum chat too.
Also Accountant, sorry again :P, I really enjoyed playing a game with you, and I'd happily do it again.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”