Newbie 1928 - The Climax - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:05 am

Post by Iconeum »

In post 123, Redemption wrote:Alright sorry for my late response, easter you know...

So okay, I see things. X)

Fish brought out that I may have wanted to make Ryno and himself compete. I wish I could say he has a point, because that's not the case. My intention was to point out the fact Ryno doesn't really explain shit unless "feelings" and "lol what" means anything at all other than he's either a clueless town or a collected-vibe-feeling-lol-whating scum and that Fish is overdefensive for no apparent reason.

Don't have anything on anyone else, not even RC, he's present and making his voice heard without looking scummy in my eyes. Whatever he's doing, he's doing it with style. Compliments to you RC.
I think I missed this post previously.
So who in the Fish-Ryno duo are you scumreading?

And please please show me why and/or how you think RC is present and making his voice heard? The man has not been playing this game at all, and even admits to that.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Ryno56
Ryno56
Goon
Ryno56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:09 am

Post by Ryno56 »

'Compliments to you, RC'

This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:12 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 401, Ryno56 wrote:'Compliments to you, RC'

This is the weirdest thing I've ever seen
We can agree on that at least.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:37 am

Post by Redemption »

Claim what? My role? I'm town.

I think if I explained my last absence by the fact that I had to write a 1300 word essay in 3 hours, maybe it would've saved me from elimination. Which is probably why I got lynched 4 times in a single irl day right?

Ik it's off-topic but why do you guys think that it's weird that I complimented RC? I think he played well earlier in the day because for so much that he posted, no one could scum read him, he deserved it.

I'm surprised that no one noticed that he all got you into turboing me. He was the only one town reading me while also being the only one lynching me (starting when Voted unlynched me but I was still his first vote that he kept ever since). Then he brings up my lynch acting has didn't lynch anyone yet. He also talks much less than earlier in the day for unexplained reasons.

VOTE: VOTE: RadiantCowbells

I guess you can say that I scumread Ryno56 and FormerFish, but I still had no clue who to lynch since my early-day-unserious-lynch. I basically called out their odd behavior.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:38 am

Post by Redemption »

*reading me town
Ryno56
Ryno56
Goon
Ryno56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:51 am

Post by Ryno56 »

Which town role are you?
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:52 am

Post by Redemption »

Vanilla
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:58 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 403, Redemption wrote:I guess you can say that I scumread Ryno56 and FormerFish, but I still had no clue who to lynch since my early-day-unserious-lynch. I basically called out their odd behavior.
I don't understand. You think Ryno or I could be scum, so you vote for RC?
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:59 am

Post by Redemption »

That was way back in the day, but now I saw what he tried to do and is my #1 suspect.

What do you think about RC now that I figured this out?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:34 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 408, Redemption wrote:That was way back in the day, but now I saw what he tried to do and is my #1 suspect.

What do you think about RC now that I figured this out?
I'm having trouble trying to parse what you're saying. Also, so of your verbage doesn't match what I expect, like when you mention lynch sometimes I feel like you're talking about people's votes.

Can you outline how you go from "Bravo RC, good show indeed chap!" to "Off with 'is head!"?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:51 am

Post by Redemption »

Notice that I'm speaking in the past when I read one of you and Ryno as scum and complimented RC. I don't think much about it anymore. It's clear to me now what RC tried to do.

You haven't answered my question yet. What do you think about RC now?
Ryno56
Ryno56
Goon
Ryno56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:55 am

Post by Ryno56 »

'I think he played well earlier in the day because for so much that he posted, no one could scum read him, he deserved it.'

So posting a lot but not being scum-read is a good thing? Isn't it better to have others town-read you whilst scumhunting?
Ryno56
Ryno56
Goon
Ryno56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:56 am

Post by Ryno56 »

'I'm surprised that no one noticed that he all got you into turboing me. He was the only one town reading me while also being the only one lynching me (starting when Voted unlynched me but I was still his first vote that he kept ever since). Then he brings up my lynch acting has didn't lynch anyone yet. He also talks much less than earlier in the day for unexplained reasons.'

I don't understand this. He town-read you and then voted you? Is that your issue?
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:10 am

Post by Redemption »

For your first quote Rhyno, I meant that usually, when you post as much as RC did, there is usually some people trying to scum read you because you write a lot. Ik it's dumb but a lot of people think this way when playing mafia.

For your second, I'm saying that not only did he do that, but he also brought his old lynch in the surface without explaining jack, and then everyone followed the beaten path ig
Ryno56
Ryno56
Goon
Ryno56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:18 am

Post by Ryno56 »

We aren't blindly following, we are also reading you as scum. I don't find your defence to be convincing, unfortunately. Do you have someone you would rather lynch than yourself?
Redemption
Redemption
Goon
Redemption
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:19 am

Post by Redemption »

Lynching myself?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:29 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 410, Redemption wrote:Notice that I'm speaking in the past when I read one of you and Ryno as scum and complimented RC. I don't think much about it anymore. It's clear to me now what RC tried to do.

You haven't answered my question yet. What do you think about RC now?
You keep saying it's clear what RC tried to do, but I don't know what he tried to do that is so inflammatory in your opinion. I suppose that I might need you to expand on what you're saying so that I can see what your thoughts are on process is like.

I'm not being padantic at all with this question, but for the newbies, what is our ultimate goal and how do you plan to help achieve that goal?

Ryno, can I help you with quotes a little? It would make things easier for you to post and for us to read.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:34 am

Post by Formerfish »

Redem, how about you give a reads list.

Go from who you see as most town and why to most scummy and why.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Ryno56
Ryno56
Goon
Ryno56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:42 am

Post by Ryno56 »

Sorry, I should be doing quotes properly. I'm new to this, hope that is okay with you guys :)
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:44 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 418, Ryno56 wrote:Sorry, I should be doing quotes properly. I'm new to this, hope that is okay with you guys :)
I was honestly offering to help you figure it out. There are a few tips and tricks that would do that.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:10 am

Post by Screamingnoodle »

In post 336, Formerfish wrote:
In post 325, Screamingnoodle wrote:FFish, Please explain why I'd be a comp choice? Because of inactivity until now?
Ill give the cliff notes version.
In post 58, Screamingnoodle wrote:I'll try and pop on when I can.
In post 156, Screamingnoodle wrote:Hey, sorry for being so crazy late.
Your activity is part of it, but its also part how you went about your activity. If you are going to be inactive, own it and declare l/va. If you say you are going to pop in when you can I find it hard to believe that from Friday the 19th to Wednesday the 24th you had no time. And even after you showed back up and said you were going to read it took you a day to post, which is when we get your questions
In post 277, Screamingnoodle wrote:Questions -
1. Are you new to Mafia? Have you played online before, or completely new to the game?
2. If you have played Mafia before, what roles do you like to play, which roles do you dislike? If you haven't played before, what roles do you like or dislike?
3. What type of hobbies do you have?
Random Question Stage is something that you could have done at the start of the game, if you had been playing, but at post 277 you are a bit late to the party.

There is plenty of content at this point that you could gleam information on and follow up on from there. Instead you ask random questions that most of the list hasnt given a shit about and you dont seem to care if people answer them or not.
In post 278, Screamingnoodle wrote:Myself being guilty in this, I completely agree with you.
Posts like this just annoy me. Its like you are looking for a pat on the back for realizing that inactivtiy hurts town, and you are renouncing your prior hurtful ways.

Then you bandwagoning on me about my tone and level, and when I ask you to show where I have been defensive you end up agreeing with my posts in your spoiler... And none of what you quoted showed how I was being defensive.

Thats about it. For now.
No, I don't really give a shit if anyone answers questions or not. Just a poor attempt at people communicating to get other content besides you and Ryno in a pissing contest.
There is value to the people who have been participating, but there isn't any where people haven't. (obviously)

Sounds like you have a real problem... and are kind of a jerk because of it. Sorry you are the way you are and need to take it out on people.

I don't think I've tried to hide in any way, that I was inactive for a period. In fact, I've owned it. Somehow you have a problem with the fact that I have??? Not sure why it offends you so much that I'm now active. To me this is very interesting...

Here's an idea... if you are town... why don't you want to work with town to get a lynch? I was agreeing with your posts because I truly do think you brought up good points. Teamwork vs mework ; but if you are not wanting that.. that's fine and yet another reason why I think you are very scummy.

Being a jerk only gets you lynched. You seem scummy to me, because you've been a jerk and not really working with the town as a team trying to convince others why you believe otherwise. I understand you have been on the defensive, and that you take offense that I also have you as scum leaning. Bandwagoning... absolutely not.

Reading your messages, it's not difficult to see the tone and your defensiveness.

Hell, even your message screams "I'm attacking you for valid reasons, because I'm mad you think I'm scum leaning." If this isn't the case, then I'd like to hear more from you on this.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:34 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 1.11Image

Ryno56 (1)
ScreamingNoodle (1)
Redemption (4)

Voted (1)
Iconeum (1)
RadiantCowbells (1)

Day one deadline is ON HOLD PENDING YYOTTACAT REPLACEMENT

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Screamingnoodle
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Screamingnoodle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:58 am

Post by Screamingnoodle »

Yea.. Redemption. Your'e posts are very scummy. I am tempted to hammer. I hate being the one to Hammer... :facepalm: It's such a scum move.

INTENT TO HAMMER
Ryno56
Ryno56
Goon
Ryno56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:01 am

Post by Ryno56 »

I totally support this, don't worry
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:26 am

Post by Voted »

I would like to read new posts and perheps react on them before you hammer. We are not in a hurry, deadline is paused.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”