comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2544 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:13 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2542, chesskid3 wrote:hey xyyzy your predecessor claimed miller can you confirm
he better not have done that because that would be Incorrect

i sent a PM to the mod to verify whether or not I received any fruit because I haven't received anything saying that so far. I'll let y'all know once I receive confirmation one way or another
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2545 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:16 am

Post by xyzzy »

upd8: I received no fruit
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2616 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by xyzzy »

hey y'all jsyk I'm still in the middle of catching up -- I don't think it's really feasible for me to do a comprehensive read of all 100+ pages and be caught up in any reasonable amount of time so I've basically just skimmed some pages and looked at ISOs for some people. I'll try to have some thoughts here soon!!!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2828 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:45 am

Post by xyzzy »

hey, had a bunch of irl shit come up yesterday that kept me from catching up, I'm reading from the beginning of day 2 right now. I'm going to wait until I catch up and know why the wagon exists but I'm leaning somewhat toward Bulbazak b/c the whole "I don't want to vote fitz until I can have a back and forth conversation in real time" thing (which he almost immediately abandoned) absolutely feels like the sort of thing scum would do to avoid having to actually engage with their partners
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2852 (isolation #5) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:07 am

Post by xyzzy »

I feel more confident about the people at either end of this list.

town
Bins
CDB
Keychain
Dunkerdoodles
chesskid3
UC Voyager
Elena
Radja
Mathdino
Titus
Bulbazak
T-Bone
not town

VOTE: Bulbazak
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2874 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:04 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 2856, T-Bone wrote:
In post 2852, xyzzy wrote:I feel more confident about the people at either end of this list.

town
Bins
CDB
Keychain
Dunkerdoodles
chesskid3
UC Voyager
Elena
Radja
Mathdino
Titus
Bulbazak
T-Bone
not town

VOTE: Bulbazak
And you're not voting your top scumread why?
because voting a nonexistent wagon 4 days from deadline isn't a valuable use of my vote when I can instead apply pressure to a wagon that I think is well formed
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #2978 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by xyzzy »

not a huge fan of how Elena handled that claim. if you're a townie and you think it might be time to claim, just... do it. all the rigamarole of asking other people if you should claim accomplishes very little beyond giving you a sense of how people will react based on what your claim is.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3042 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:02 pm

Post by xyzzy »

VOTE: Elena Fisher
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3080 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by xyzzy »

hey, here's some information for you all: Gamma Emerald from my team PT believes that Bins and Titus are scum together
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3090 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:21 pm

Post by xyzzy »

if not Elena then whom? we have 28 hours
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3223 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:04 am

Post by xyzzy »

VOTE: Titus

I feel confident that this is the right choice.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3259 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:43 am

Post by xyzzy »

I feel similarly about town blocs; maybe it's just because they weren't a thing that existed when I was first learning to play and then I came back and they were abruptly a thing but I have my doubts that they work at all

proposing them probably isn't anti-town but I don't trust 'em to work
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3339 (isolation #13) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Bins what don't you like about Radja's hammer? I get where you're coming from with the defensive thing but the hammer itself feels like a completely reasonable choice to have made in that situation
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3340 (isolation #14) » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by xyzzy »

also

xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3413 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:51 am

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3341, Keychain wrote:
@xyzzy:
In post 3283, Keychain wrote:
@xyzzy:
where are your reads at on Bins and Bulba?
I would still like an answer. You had Bins as top town in but paired with Titus in that random Gamma read in where you gave no indication whether you disagreed with him scumreading someone who was apparently your top townread. You had Bulba at the bottom (since T-Bone is dead and confirmed town) in but you're not voting there now. It seems a lot like you're not pushing there because the support has largely died, which doesn't make a lot of sense from town early in the day after a mislynch.
Like I'm not really following your reads at all. Help me out please.

In post 3289, Archwing wrote:@keychain, can you give me a 3-player lynch pool?
Hmm.
Right now I'd say xyzzy/Radja/you, but I'm not confident in that right now. Can't decide if Mina and/or Bulba should be in there somewhere.

In post 3303, Mina wrote:Hi, everyone! I literally hate Mafia and haven't played it in two years and I literally hate it. I'm replacing into a 130-page game to bash my head against a wall until my skull is a bloody pulp as performance art for you all.
Ummm well welcome! Bye, CBD.
hey sorry for taking a couple days to get back to you on this -- I had to replace my laptop's power cable and only had phone internet access for a bit

anyway my thoughts on both Bins and Bulbazak are basically the same as before -- with the thing from Gamma Emerald, I don't agree with scumreading Bins, but to me it seems valuable to share thoughts from my teammates regardless of whether I agree with them or not. as for Bulbazak, I don't see voting for my second highest scum read instead of my absolute highest as contradictory, because 1)they could very well both be scum and 2)votes are resources, and I feel like the most productive use of my vote is where it is.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3508 (isolation #16) » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by xyzzy »

my reads are just trash this game*, huh

*every game tbh, I am fundamentally bad at reading people
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3536 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3523, Keychain wrote:
DeasVail wrote:Keychain, could you please give a quick tl;dr of why you think xyzzy is scum? From a very quick glance at your ISO, I could not find anything obvious.
They are voting opportunistically (see jump on Elena wagon end of D2 pointed out by T-Bone in and choosing to vote Titus over their top scumread Bulbazak today for no apparent reason).

I asked questions about their reads and votes (regarding CBD townread at the end of and unexplained choice of Titus over Bulba in ) and they've avoided them. It's enough to be a pattern. I also had to reask after they ignored (I waited until they posted to make sure it wasn't just activity related before following up). Sometimes townies don't answer questions because they don't want to, but town that don't like answering questions tend to give me sharper responses when I pressure for an answer than what I got from xyzzy in .

Overall they're playing low profile and their reads don't seem genuine to me.
in what way is it opportunistic to join the wagon most likely to result in a lynch close to deadline? would it be better of me to just let the day end with no lynch? (hint: the answer to this one is no)

also I already said this but voting for the person I scum read second most is not a bad thing

and I didn't answer your questions before because I didn't have access to a computer and was posting from a phone and I forgot to go back and answer it after I caught up on the thread. next time my laptop charging cable literally has sparks flying off of it I'll be sure to check whether anyone asked me any questions in this game before I unplug it though since apparently not wanting to set my bedroom on fire is scummy
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3537 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3340, xyzzy wrote:also

xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3603 (isolation #19) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3577, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 3569, DeasVail wrote:
Questions for Dunkerdoodles:
- I noticed that you had a scumread on Bins earlier. Do you still have this read? What are your thoughts on most of the players seeming uninterested in lynching her?
yes i do, i mentioned it earlier.

i've been pushing for her lynch for a while, i guess everyone either townreads her or would rather push someone else like xyzzy, but really im not sure.
In post 3578, DeasVail wrote:This would be partly due to the fact that I’ve only just replaced in and so am less influenced by what happened beforehand, but I really haven’t felt much of a push from you to have Bins lynched, nor do you appear all that bothered by the fact that no one is interested. There could be an element of “giving up” here, sure and I’d understand that, but you saying that the game is boring doesn’t really fit with someone who feels defeated by no one listening to their reads.
it's just factually incorrect that Dunkerdoodles hasn't been trying to push a Bins lynch. like initially he was townreading her but he laid out a pretty clear case for why Bins is scum in and has brought up the fact that he believes she's a good target for a lynch repeatedly. when I was rereading Dunkerdoodles' iso for this, I got really good vibes from him.

Gamma Emerald brought up in my team PT that Mina as scum makes zero sense given how she's responded to me -- I'm such an easy lynch target right now, so it really doesn't make sense for scum to go easy on me.

I was having a hard time reading Archwing as scum at first but one thing that stands out in his iso that seems not great to me is that a lot of his interaction with other players has just been asking them for lynch pools, and that feels less like town trying to put together info about what everyone wants and more like scum trying to look active and involved without actually having to really engage with anyone. Archwing as scum is another one of the things I'm pulling from my team PT -- it doesn't really feel right just going by my gut, but when I read his iso from the perspective of "which of these posts might indicate that he's scum" rather than just "do these posts make me think he's scum" that repeated line of questioning stands out. also he repeatedly just asks other players to make town cases on other players, and while that's a little bit more in the direction of trying to engage with other players, I feel like an actual town player would be doing that analysis themself rather than just asking someone else to do it
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3623 (isolation #20) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3613, Bulbazak wrote:@Xyzzy: Why aren't you voting me? Actually, why aren't you voting anyone?
I didn't feel particularly optimistic about any of my reads being correct after the thing with Titus happened. I think for now the best thing to do, though is this:

VOTE: Archwing

as for me, I'm a vanilla townie.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #3679 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:55 pm