Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

Heart Shape
Heart Shape
Townie
Heart Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Heart Shape »

I lost where it was but someone asked why I made a plist with prods and dodges marked and not develop reads from it. Umm.. it's because I didn't make the list? It's in post . Copy and paste. I thought I had explained this earlier, but apparently that was in my head. I just wanted a plist and pair list to work from.

I'm not backing down from no lim. It's truly the best play. If you don't trust purple to sort me or you think purple is scum, I understand. I've questioned myself about purple a number of times, but I figured I would get a good chance to sort them once we got in a PT. There's a newness coming from purple that feels like a brand new car that no one has eaten any fries in yet. You don't want purple to find a fry underneath the seat. Got it. Or maybe you're afraid of something else. I don't know. If purple is scum and I am scum, then we're just going to lie about whatever. If purple is scum and I'm town, then shame on me, but I'll figure it out. If I'm scum and purple is town, then I would hope that purple would figure that out. If I'm town and purple is town, which is what I'm 90% certain is the case, we can cancel some scum together.

Star is committed to not using the delay. I get a sense that Star is honest with that, but I'd rather put Star to the test to be sure. Trust but verify.

So some of you are going to complain that "he's still not giving reads and that's scummy." But I had a plan coming into this, that plan was kinda thwarted because I didn't read the instruction manual carefully enough. And I think my plan is salvageable by going with no lim. It's the purpose of this game as I understood it anyway. We pair up, with an odd one out, and we sort and maybe work with our partner to sort the game. But that's not what we're doing here today is it.
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:18 am

Post by Color Yellow »

In post 1099, Circle Shape wrote:I don't have a good idea, that's why I was asking~

Red probably does look worse but I'd need to reread to be sure.
I have a tendency to jump to shallow thoughts about associations initially. Other players with better ideas usually can talk sense into me.
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:19 am

Post by Color Yellow »

In post 1100, Heart Shape wrote:I lost where it was but someone asked why I made a plist with prods and dodges marked and not develop reads from it. Umm.. it's because I didn't make the list? It's in post . Copy and paste. I thought I had explained this earlier, but apparently that was in my head. I just wanted a plist and pair list to work from.

I'm not backing down from no lim. It's truly the best play. If you don't trust purple to sort me or you think purple is scum, I understand. I've questioned myself about purple a number of times, but I figured I would get a good chance to sort them once we got in a PT. There's a newness coming from purple that feels like a brand new car that no one has eaten any fries in yet. You don't want purple to find a fry underneath the seat. Got it. Or maybe you're afraid of something else. I don't know. If purple is scum and I am scum, then we're just going to lie about whatever. If purple is scum and I'm town, then shame on me, but I'll figure it out. If I'm scum and purple is town, then I would hope that purple would figure that out. If I'm town and purple is town, which is what I'm 90% certain is the case, we can cancel some scum together.

Star is committed to not using the delay. I get a sense that Star is honest with that, but I'd rather put Star to the test to be sure. Trust but verify.

So some of you are going to complain that "he's still not giving reads and that's scummy." But I had a plan coming into this, that plan was kinda thwarted because I didn't read the instruction manual carefully enough. And I think my plan is salvageable by going with no lim. It's the purpose of this game as I understood it anyway. We pair up, with an odd one out, and we sort and maybe work with our partner to sort the game. But that's not what we're doing here today is it.
Can you talk some more about why you think no-lim is a good idea?
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Arrow Shape »

K. Hammer the Heart.
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Arrow Shape »

If he flips red, probably gunna kill Diamond next.

-Bell
Arrow Shape
Arrow Shape
Goon
Arrow Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Arrow Shape »

Apologies. :(

Have a good one all.
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Color Yellow »

:(
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:55 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1104, Arrow Shape wrote:If he flips red, probably gunna kill Diamond next.

-Bell

Replacing Arrow Shape. I'll unlock the thread, but please do not discuss the identity of the first occupant of Arrow Shape until post-game. I'm going to be mean and say that that includes expressing sadness at losing players, sending well wishes, etc. If you'd like to express such sentiments, PM me and I'll pass them on.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:56 am

Post by Color Green »

Make the mod relock the game by hammering a nail into heart challenge.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:59 am

Post by Color Green »

Pour one out yellow. You know you want to.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:04 am

Post by Color Green »

In post 1104, Arrow Shape wrote:If he flips red
Then we flip color red!

The mutual chainsaw blue noticed is not to be forgotten.
Color Yellow
Color Yellow
Townie
Color Yellow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:06 am

Post by Color Yellow »

Color Green wrote:Pour one out yellow. You know you want to.
Get thee behind me.
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:07 am

Post by Circle Shape »

VOTE: Heart
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Color Green »

LMFAO you got robbed.
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Color Green »

But yeah, Red next assuming scumflip. Evaluate from there with hopefully night action data but not holding my breath that PR pairs do much.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:14 am

Post by penguin_alien »

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 players for an elimination vote.

Final Day One Vote Count 1.06:

Heart Shape (7): Color Green, Color Blue, Diamond Shape, Arrow Shape, Pentagon Shape, Color Purple, Circle Shape

Color Green (1): Color Red
Color Yellow (1): Color Orange
No Elimination (1): Heart Shape

Not voting (3): Color Yellow, Triangle Shape, Star Shape

Diamond Shape is V/LA through 11/28

Day One ends in (expired on 2021-11-30 16:29:39)

Flip incoming
Last edited by penguin_alien on Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:17 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Heart Shape was:

Spoiler:
Aligned with the
Mafia

I will send out the partner information for those who Paired. Once all have been sent, the PTs will unlock. Night One deadline will not begin until I have a replacement for Arrow Shape.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:58 am

Post by penguin_alien »

All information should now be out and PTs should be accessible. Let me know if not.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:19 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Arrow Shape has been replaced. Night One starts now and ends in (expired on 2021-12-01 11:19:42)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:00 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Nothing rolls forever...friction is a thing.

Circle Shape is dead.

Circle Shape was:

Spoiler:
Aligned with the
Town

Day Two begins shortly
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:02 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Day Two begins!

With 11 players alive, it takes 6 players for an elimination vote.

Vote Count 2.00:

Not voting: Color Red, Color Orange, Color Yellow, Color Green, Color Blue, Color Purple, Arrow Shape, Diamond Shape, Pentagon Shape, Star Shape, Triangle Shape

Day Two ends in (expired on 2021-12-08 12:02:20)
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:03 am

Post by Color Blue »

i don't think I will ever recover ;_;
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:08 am

Post by Color Green »

VOTE: Red

And then...
Color Green
Color Green
Goon
Color Green
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:09 am

Post by Color Green »

Spoiler: Where To Next?
Color Yellow wrote:I see your post, so I'll go ahead and post some more catch up.

I retract <Pentagon> based on page 11. New-Red's discomfort with Pentagon's town-read of his predecessor feels genuine. Not a strong town point, but a point.

Purple's gave me a little pause but it's a philosophical pause. I like the way they post their reactions and musings. It seems in the moment and unguarded.

Blue's thoughts on Diamond in , especially the latter portion of that post are close to my thoughts on Diamond at this point. I'm a little more harsh about the emotional stuff.

I did NOT see Red's pair offering to pentagon coming!

Circle's yep yep yep!

I like Red's shape reads. I disagree about Green being lackluster in 313, but my impression could be due to time compression in catching up.

I will have some postgame thoughts about Blue's if they turn out to be town.
Hedged approval and soft defense.

Color Yellow wrote:Star's is a departure from the focus on his plan, but it's pretty harsh. I doubt this is an aligned interaction.
In post 370, Triangle Shape wrote:Red pntagm
slve cmplte.
What led to adding Red to your solve?

In post 382, Color Purple wrote:Actually, Triangle's attitude has me townlean them, now. Scum is almost never that peculiar. Scum usually try to make themselves seem super reasonable as opposed to what Triangle's been doing so far.
Oh you sweet summer child.

I'm almost to the halfway point and it's slow going now.

I'm hungry for interaction but I can't stay awake much longer.

I'll finish up tomorrow morning.

I hope.
More red-soft-defending without outright commit.
Color Yellow wrote:I like Orange's catch-up on page 22, especially and . It's also a good touch point in my big catch up to see some of the same observations and questions on my mind from someone coming back to the game at that point. However, I think discounts what looked like genuine frustration and irritability from Pentagon regardless of alignment.

makes me feel like an bitter cynic.

Circle and Blue popped in with my own impression in and 524.

The Orange vs Pentagon argument on page 22 brings to a head some of my impressions from earlier in the thread. Orange felt cold and Pentagon got completely wrapped around Triangle's arguments for them being scum. There's a fair amount of depth to both of their positions.

I like from Pentagon. They're taking on board the viewpoint of a townread and taking a step back on their conflict with Orange.

Reading through both their posts through page 23, genuine looking course corrections are setting in. It seems the cold sense I get from Orange's posts is personality and playstyle.
In post 574, Heart Shape wrote:I guess with five unpaird there probably is scum in there, but I'm not sure I have a preference as far as who should get the delay. If scum get it, I don't know if that's a terrible thing when we don't know what the powers even are yet.
If scum this is something to look back at.
In post 588, Arrow Shape wrote:I should've waited and paired with Orange.
RIP.
I'm taking this as a personal challenge to give you reason not to regret your choice!

Red's posts on page 25 harden a slowly growing impression that their observations about other players have usually been surface level and comparatively they're not digging into the meat of the game.

I see a reads list!

And this is a good break point.
Start of the turn and burn.
Color Yellow wrote:I'm still here and reading. The game feels more data dense now that I'm well into the voting discussions. I have about 8 pages to go.

Since you asked, have another post.

With I should stop calling out Circle posts. I haven't read a single one so far that has shaken my initial read. I'll comment if I ever do see something that bothers me.
In post 819, Color Red wrote:I think the problem isn't really trajectory so much as you have very palpable reads that were supposedly made pre-getting your role and then you don't seem to be following them afterward. You are giving the impression you changed some of your reads before your first post.
Wonder why that could be?

VOTE: Green
In post 820, Color Red wrote:I still like the heart wagon but I feel them and green aren't s/s.
Green feels scummier for a few reasons and they are actually active.
Feels a bit like a chainsaw in the wild.

feels like a sincere pushback, but NAI at best.

In post 827, Color Blue wrote:I have trouble believing it's artificial from Green!scum because he pushed at you ~12m after replace in.

IMO that's far too short a time for someone to rep in, see they are scum, then scan the thread for things to attack with.

The belief that you are mafia because of that post should probably have been formed prior to replacing in, making it a belief Green had prior to receiving his role pm....

I guess it's possible he's a very daring scumbag who has no hesitation about getting into it aggressively right off the bat but I don't often see that.

I am wondering do you have any reason to townread Heart? I don't think there was anything in his iso that seemed townie and Circle does make a good case that he does seem to be just coasting with making some very noncommital comments.
I can't remember if I posted it and I'm not going to look back for it, but at some point I thought that your play suggested your scumrange isn't wide enough include the playfulness you exhibited in your spoilered post about shapes thoughts.

Green's play suggests that their scum range probably does include immediate aggression. I don't townread the slot off of that. It's more about targets and effects for me. Also, just a sense of when stances on me personally don't feel like they're from town. That's hard to discern right now due to not much time in the game, so I'm weighing that I've come to a fair amount of our reads coinciding at the point where they posted their pre replace in reads. The similarities of their reads to mine versus the much fewer similarities of Orange's reads list a page or two later shook up my read of Orange a little.
In post 839, Circle Shape wrote:calling it now yellow is the scumbag for this game that people will let coast too long for ?reasons?
I on the other hand don't coast as any alignment.
In post 843, Color Green wrote:If it's Yellow-Red-Heart then I believe I am owed a beer.
No beer for you!

Heart's thoughts on Star, delay, etc on page 34 and 35 don't make me hate them more. But they don't really sway me either. I was a little surprised at Circle's unvote there.
Note again the read not given as a direct read, but given space for backpedal.
Color Yellow wrote:
In post 1094, Circle Shape wrote:
In post 1092, Color Yellow wrote:
In post 1090, Color Yellow wrote:Questions? Comments? Exclamations?
This is to everyone.
Mmmmm. Thoughts on where to look after heart flips, depending on alignment? (I'm assuming heart shutting down means he's scum, but always good to consider contingencies)
I'm mostly assuming that, too. I didn't like the content of his last series of posts about 5 pages back. But, there was a fair amount of effort to it.

If they're town, I'll want to rethink Red. It's possible scum-Red would take their side, but the potential downside if Heart's wagon faded was Red looks like the player votes would flow to.

I'd want to look harder at Star and maybe Pentagon.

Where would you want to look?
Note that red as a place to go after heart-scum-flip is not mentioned.
Color Blue
Color Blue
Goon
Color Blue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:43 am

Post by Color Blue »

VOTE: Red

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”