Newbie 1769: Happy New Year! (Post-Game)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

LOL
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:47 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

I guess you could say

people who live in glass houses

shouldn't throw stones
deranged and incoherent
?
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 776, Raskolnikov wrote:I guess you could say

people who live in glass houses

shouldn't throw stones
what a weird haiku
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

-gray- if you're town cass is the wrong direction though

I absolutely love seeing her experience the exact same kind of frustration I did at her hands (does that make me a bad person?)

but I think she has to be confbiasing/tunnely town through sheer amount of being that heavily invested in what she does
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

it's like if you had a titus that used conventional methods instead of VCA
deranged and incoherent
?
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

UNVOTE: Rask
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:30 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 780, mattblackguy wrote:UNVOTE: Rask
I caught shit from Casserole because it took me an hour to move my vote, but she has zero concerns about this.

Lol.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Eh my bad, misread the unvote and jumped.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Voting a PR on d1 -after- they've claimed IS sus, though.
---
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

I didn't believe the game but after everyone has been active after the claim and no one CCed there was no reason to keep my vote there
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:37 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 679, mattblackguy wrote:Before Rask claimed tracker in this game he asked if there was anything to change Cass' mind or if she was just going to lynch him anyway. Cass responded saying she doesn't think Rask is capable on convincing her that he's not scum. And then immediately afterwards Rask claims tracker.
This makes sense if you consider that Rask might have been trying to decide whether he had to claim or if he could talk his way out of the lynch without claiming.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:40 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 784, mattblackguy wrote:I didn't believe the game but after everyone has been active after the claim and no one CCed there was no reason to keep my vote there
Counterclaiming a PR with an active ability on d1 is stupid because it prevents the real PR from getting any results at all because they will just be nk'ed on n1.

Day two is the ideal time to counterclaim, because they have results to offer as well as lynching a fake claiming scum.
---
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

Rask was at L-2 at the time, and the pressure was shifting more to ThinkBig at L-1 so I think it was awkward for him to claim at that time when he wasn't about to get lynched at that moment.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:44 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 787, mattblackguy wrote:Rask was at L-2 at the time, and the pressure was shifting more to ThinkBig at L-1 so I think it was awkward for him to claim at that time when he wasn't about to get lynched at that moment.
Why would Scum box themselves into a corner with a fakeclaim if pressure was being released?
---
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:55 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

Trying to force a CC. I don't see why a PR would claim when pressure is being released though. Wouldn't a PR want to keep their role hidden for as long as possible? There was a very real possibility that ThinkBig would have been lynched today, and Rask wouldn't even have to claim today.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:57 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Why would scum try to force a CC if the threat of lynch was going away?

Your theory is not making sense.
---
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

Eh you could be right. At worst it's NAI, but I still don't believe Rasks claim because it followed step by step what Rask would do if he were scum. Would Rask make the same play if he was actually tracker? That idk
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 560, Aeronaut wrote:
- VoteCount 1.11 -

With 9 players still alive, it's 5 to lynch!

[L-5]
mattblackguy -
[L-5]
-Grey- -
[L-5]
schadd -
[L-4]
Shade -
Raskolnikov

[L-2]
Raskolnikov -
Cassielle, Creature, mattblackguy

[L-3]
ThinkBig -
schadd_, gigabyteTroubadour,

[L-5]
gigabyteTroubadour -
[L-5]
Creature -
[L-5]
Cassielle -

Not Voting
-
-Grey-, Shade, ThinkBig

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2017-01-18 20:00:00)
In post 566, Raskolnikov wrote:Can we please wagon this instead of me, thank you all for your cooperation.

VOTE: Thinkbig

Will sheep for hire
TB L-2
In post 578, -Grey- wrote: VOTE: Rask

L-1
Rask L-1
In post 580, mattblackguy wrote:UNVOTE: Rask
Rask L-2
In post 613, Raskolnikov wrote:Okay fuck you.

I'm tracker.

Stop wasting your time idiots.
Rask claimed.

TB's wagon was not gaining the traction you were claiming, the only vote it got was a survival vote from Rask.

Rask was under plenty of pressure despite the VC being L-2 because your scumread didn't go away simply because you unvoted and she knew that.
---
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

Yeah you're right. I didn't remember the time that she claimed since I was asleep. Was misrembeeinv it thinking ThinkBig was at L-1 and Rask was at L-2. Btw on me still being suspicious of Rask at the time. I already expressed the fact I didn't want to lynch yet so he knew I wouldn't put him back at L-1.
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

But it was late at night so Rask could have claimed because he was going to bed, and didn't want to get lynched while asleep. That's something I didn't consider.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:31 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 618, cassielle wrote:the rage feels town but theres this real "GTFO MY BACK" feeling that idk, you STILL come across scum to me
Why would a town PR not have a "get off my back" attitude if they felt they were forced to claim on d1?
---
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:41 pm

Post by cassielle »

In post 773, -Grey- wrote:
In post 772, cassielle wrote:i did not intentionally misrepresent you. if i misrepresented you at all i dont want you to jump on me with both feet and just start beating tf out of me, i want you to point out specifics calmly.
- Accusing me of defending my predecessor
- "target locked" commentary about my
- accusing me of being Scum for skimming when you've done the same
- twisting my playstyle as being alignment indicative
going to try and handle this now so you realize i didnt go into this intending to just tear you down and we can be a bit more productive when im ready to get back into the thick of things.

1: that was my read. to be fair i presented it stronger than "imo" or such because fishing for reaction there but yeah i got more than i bargained for. on the quoted list that is the only thing for which that is the case (reaction fishing, i mean). i even posted "ok, that's fair" in response. see

2: "target locked" was explicitly stated to be my personal read.
In post 717, -Grey- wrote:
In post 678, cassielle wrote: # i can practically hear "target locked." thats a bit of hindsight but jfc

again, yeah, stronger than maybe it should be but that is definitely and unmistakably my personal read of it. i dont consider this misrepresentative. this is clearly put out as subjective, from where im sitting. can we agree that i at least represented it as my personal read there?

3: i havent done the same from where im sitting. and also, for me at least, it isnt purescum behavior. its scummy, but not scumclaim-tier. if someone showed evidence of a lot of skimming and the rest was all 100% NAI, thatd be scumlean or light nullscum even for me.

regarding me doing the same: if youre talking about the game you linked, i was /not/ skimming. i was doing the exact opposite and carefully reading through. i had gotten to around page 7 when i tabbed back over to see if anyone had jumped on. i never got to the point you were linking precisely because i wasnt skimming. i think thats one of the things that really ticked me off because to me it didnt make any sense -- if i was way earlier in the game when i tabbed back, wouldnt that imply deep-reading instead of skimming? etc.

you said that was the second time but looking back through i dont see the first, perhaps because it wasnt marked as being about me skimming directly. if you could link to the post ill explain myself. if i dont have a good response i will accept that hey, maybe i did. i was feeling flustered and not myself at all by the end, its very possible i did skim.

4: the playstyle thing im going to drop. to me its strong anti-town, but w/e, you think /my/ playstyle is strong anti-town and apparently i made life hell for rask despite trying to move on to finding a diff strong scumread (which is also my counter to your post regarding the "GET OFF MY BACK" quote) so what the hell.

at this point though, yeah, the whole thing falls apart. im staying off your wagon till endgame short of a LyLo/MyLo situation because this was not fun for me and apparently my playstyle is just going to get us right back where we were earlier. and for that reason im dropping my scumread on you, you're null. wincon is great and all but winning means nothing if im unhappy in the game.

when im ready to actually participate again im going to have to re-read the whole thing because with you off the list the top scum reads make no sense. tb+shade is not a likely team by any means. if you can come up with better, do it. i have nothing and no one else has anything so we need it.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:52 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 720, -Grey- wrote:
In post 678, cassielle wrote: # dismisses a valid line of reasoning. in fact, a line of reasoning used by mbg and accepted by grey at that point as well! see #
In post 576, -Grey- wrote:
In post 573, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 571, -Grey- wrote:
In post 569, Raskolnikov wrote:Cass replaced rakkar.
Yeah, right.

Enough said.
How do you treat replacements -grey- ?
I don't give them a clean slate, if that's what you're asking.

That said, I read Cass as town anyway.

I was agreeing with your post, if you couldn't tell.
[/size]

Who's the one skimming now, Casserole? But it's town if you do it right?

More bullshit misrep.
Still missing my point, casserole. Does coloring it in help?

They
The only sin I committed was omitting the "Oh" from the front of "yeah right", which I remedied with my follow-up post and you completely missed because...
YOU... WERE... SKIMMING
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:54 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 796, cassielle wrote:i dont consider this misrepresentative. this is clearly put out as subjective, from where im sitting. can we agree that i at least represented it as my personal read there?
No, at cannot.

You cannot sling shit about me then say "well that's just my personal opinion", and expect me to let it slide.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Post by -Grey- »

4: the playstyle thing im going to drop. to me its strong anti-town, but w/e,
In post 771, -Grey- wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69704

This game lasted three weeks.

Town lynched four scum in five day phases.

GTFO with that "wanting to cut days short is anti-town" bullshit.
---

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”