Newbie 1799 | URW 4 | Finally Over OMG

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 1124, Gamma Emerald wrote:What
The hell
Even is this game
It was a game that you had to be a masochist to get through.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also BurgerKing if you're reading this I'm sorry for getting mad at you in Open 658 I thought catfishing was much nastier than it actually was and got offended. Hope we can play again once my first part of my ban is over. Or you can replace into one of my games I'm currently playing at some point.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by keyenpeydee »

This would have been a good game if flog didn't join the site
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 1127, keyenpeydee wrote:This would have been a good game if flog didn't join the site
and bombcat...

Keyn you were a great partner. Sorry we couldn't do better. Hope we can play together soon.
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:55 pm

Post by bombcat »

In post 1100, RadiantCowbells wrote:I agree. Raya was great.
In post 1127, keyenpeydee wrote:This would have been a good game if flog didn't join the site
He isn't a bad guy at all
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by keyenpeydee »

In post 1128, ThinkBig wrote:
and bombcat...

Keyn you were a great partner. Sorry we couldn't do better. Hope we can play together soon.
Thanks, ThinkBig!
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by keyenpeydee »

Thanks also for saving me here lool
Show
Games that I modded:

ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

Lol! Too bad I got lynched the next day. We almost did it :lol:
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Post by keyenpeydee »

In post 1132, ThinkBig wrote:Lol! Too bad I got lynched the next day. We almost did it :lol:
True <3
Show
Games that I modded:

ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:05 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

@Keyn, you're definitely one of the most enjoyable people on the site. Sorry to see Flog ruining everything.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What all did he do
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I think flog and bombcat were badgross but have this weird hope that they're misunderstood and if we leave them alone for a bit they'll blossom into good human being flower...things.

I might be giving too much credit but I just don't like to railroad people
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:43 pm

Post by bombcat »

In post 1135, Gamma Emerald wrote:What all did he do
He told keyen that he has small hands, and then he was banned for dumb stuff out of the game, and everyone in the game considered him to be a terrible person for telling keyen that he has small hands
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by Plotinus »

He bullied a fourteen year old kid on the internet.

It doesn't really matter what specific thing he was bullying keyen about, talking about keyen's hands in specific wasn't the problem. If he'd been talking about keyen's nose instead that would still be wrong. He bullied keyen for being feminine. The insults were about not being manly enough. Being like a girl. What does that imply about girls? It implies that girls are less than boys. Less welcome, less worthy, inferior.

Meanwhile we have actual women in this game: Raya, nancy, shuffleplay. Flog is insulting keyen by saying "you're not good enough to be a manly man like bombcat and me, you're an awful girl like Raya, nancy, and shuffleplay are."

Which is ironic because Raya, nancy, and shuffleplay all played very well this game. shuffleplay was so town she got night killed night 1 and Raya was the MVP we were cheering on from the dead thread.

Flog's sexism was directed at keyen but it hit the bystanders too. It made the game unwelcoming for all of them.

We insult guys by calling them girls in online games and then we complain that there are no girls who want to play with us and then when some girls do show up we treat them like shit.

bombcat, you went after nancy after she came out as a lesbian. You were fine until then. But then you started coming on to her and she said no and you kept going. Yes it was only text on the internet so that means you didn't literally sexually assault her or any of us... but comments like those make women feel unwelcome on the internet. Comments like that are things that women hear in real life all the time when the stakes are higher. And people online can and do take comments like that offline. Maybe you wouldn't treat a lady like that offline but when you say things like what you said in this game, you are saying things that women hear constantly in their lives offline.

If you say the exact same words to a lady that someone asshole has said to her before, don't be surprised if she thinks you're on his side.

If someone says stop and you keep going online in a context where it's not the end of the world because it's just words on a screen, don't be surprised if people wonder if you'd have trouble with the word "stop" offline, too, where it does matter.

If you're going to respond with #notallmen then don't bother: It is true that some men are really awesome. The way men prove to men that they are awesome and trustworthy is with their words and their deeds. If your deeds are making women uncomfortable and your words are echoing the words said by men who are a problem, then you aren't doing enough to distinguish yourself as one of the #notallmen.

You can be a part of the problem or you can be a part of the solution. This game, you were part of the problem.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by bombcat »

Believe it or not I'm unironically a feminist. Half of the things I say are meant to make fun of stupid ideas or behaviors that I can hardly believe are common. The only way that you can fight moronic behavior which someone already realizes is moronic is to laugh at it. I have a hard time believing you thought that anything I said was seriously meant to degrade women in any way. You do not believe that I sincerely wanted Nancy to be my girlfriend. Even if you did, the straw that broke your back was to *smooch* you. I had stopped talking to Nancy, like you asked. You force replaced me because you don't like my personality or my sense of humor (which, ironically, is based on values which you're claiming to support). The reputation of feminism has been degraded immeasurably because of exactly what you're doing right now. You're using it as an vehicle flaunt moral superiority in situations which don't call for it, and which are only applicable to real-world problems when they're inflated far out of proportion. When you scrutinize jokes, for example, as if they're sincere beliefs. People like you have proudly promoted the image of humorless feminism, and it disturbs me more than you can imagine. Your behavior is why I have to justify calling myself a feminist.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Bomb is this really necessary
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
bombcat
bombcat
Goon
bombcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Post by bombcat »

for me yes i'm not gonna sit down with my legs criss cross and be lectured to by some asshole who thinks he has any justification to tell me or my friend that we are bad people for making distasteful jokes
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1141, bombcat wrote:for me yes i'm not gonna sit down with my legs criss cross and be lectured to by some asshole who thinks he has any justification to tell me or my friend that we are bad people for making distasteful jokes
You just earned yourself a ban from all games I host and a message from me to any moderator when I see you sign up for a game, pointing to this game. Now ... I don't stalk people and I don't go look at a queue unless I am planning on signing up for something, so what that means is you're going to get told no you can't play whenever you want to play something I do. I suspect Plotinus will also ban you from Plotinus modded games (and Plotinus is a budding Varsoon, imo, as far as modding goes) and likewise WOTC you whenever you cross paths.

I would not be surprised if others do so as well.

You're going to have to work on learning how to behave like a proper civil adult if you want to stick around on this site. The kind of crap you did in this game and are doing in the post game simply doesn't fly.

I'm as far from "politically correct" as it gets, and even I am not buying your bullshit. I'll fight and die for your right to say what you want in places where the 1st amendment applies, but mafia games and private clubs (which is what this website is, essentially) are not bound by the 1st amendment. You do NOT have the right to say whatever you like here, and what you say when repeatedly warned can and will get you a permanent exile if you keep up the way you're going.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Post by nancy »

Yeah I'm on my fone and can't respond properly but you are WAY out of line bombcat and you have no place saying any of that nonsense to Plot. You are being extremely offensive and you need to stop immediately and never do this ever again. Please shut completely up we have all had it up to here with you you need to be apologizing your fucking ass off and changing your behavior.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:36 pm

Post by nancy »

Thank you Drixx
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Post by Transcend »

i guess i'm probably an idiot for vouching for this guy

oh well
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

It doesn't look too horrible from what I see? I guess what I will say is "be considerate of boundaries".
<Embrace The Void>

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Post by Plotinus »

content note: this video discusses sexism and violence against women.

The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:41 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

Alright, let's all chill and be happy that this game ended. <3
Show
Games that I modded:

ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:08 am

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 1142, Drixx wrote:You just earned yourself a ban from all games I host and a message from me to any moderator when I see you sign up for a game, pointing to this game. Now ... I don't stalk people and I don't go look at a queue unless I am planning on signing up for something, so what that means is you're going to get told no you can't play whenever you want to play something I do. I suspect Plotinus will also ban you from Plotinus modded games (and Plotinus is a budding Varsoon, imo, as far as modding goes) and likewise WOTC you whenever you cross paths.
I've also banned him from my games and have already messaged several game moderators about his behaviour here and they to have denied him entry to their game.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”